Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair (9029 Views)

Tension As Governors Sit On Bailout Fund / fayose Rejects Mimiko As PDP Governors’ Forum Chair / Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by dewale2k: 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
An FCT High Court on Thursday struck out a suit by Lagos state Governor, Babatunde Fashola, challenging the purported election of Plateau state Governor, Jonah Jang, as chairman of a faction of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum.

Details of the judgment are sketchy at this time.

Mr. Fashola had on June 5 filed the suit asking the court to stop Mr. Jang from parading “himself as the elected Chairman of the NGF in any manner whatsoever and howsoever.”

However, on July 17, the Lagos governor filed a motion on notice seeking to withdraw the case. His lead counsel, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) said Mr. Fashola was withdrawing the suit  to enable him to put his house in order.

But Mr. Jang and two other defendants in the suit opposed the motion. Mr. Jang’s lawyer, Tayo Oyetibo, argued vehemently that it was too late for Mr. Fashola to bring the motion after parties in the suit had already determined issues for determination.

In her ruling, Justice Affen however asked the defendants to allow Mr. Fashola’s counsel to first move his motion for withdrawal before advancing reasons for opposing it.

The Lagos governor sued Mr. Jang after the Plateau Governor set up a parallel faction of the Governors’ Forum hours after he was defeated 19 to 16 votes by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers in a keenly contested chairmanship election.

Source. http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144903-breaking-court-strikes-fasholas-suit-seeking-stop-jang-governors-forum-chair.html
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
Isn't Governor Fashola a SAN? He should have known better please angry

4 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Iriruaga100(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
He got his SAN tru the back door....

3 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
Fasala d wuruwuru SAN, shame on u!!!!!!!

Jang is d real NGF chairman. Amaechi is fake.

3 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
Fasala used gbedu to pass his law exams.

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by 4reigningqueen: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
i comment my reserve.
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by manny4life(m): 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
Fashola thinks this is Lagos where he get anything he wants, this is a big blow to him. Here is one reason why I always said it - Fashola NEVER thinks before he acts, check this out.

However, on July 17, the Lagos governor filed a motion on notice seeking to withdraw the case. His lead counsel, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) said Mr. Fashola was withdrawing the suit to enable him to put his house in order.

Shouldn't he have put his house in order before filing the suit? This is how he was thinking when he deported the less privileged, when the shitt hit the fan, he cooked up another story. Anyone still believing this man call Fashola should sorry.

15 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by EMERITUS85(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
let the war begin. fashola e-warlords grab your swords Attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by DonColz1(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wahala dey oh

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sidon dey look.
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by DonColz1(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
The first 50 people to like this post will becoming millionaires by december

66 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Khaytunechi: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
In d END, there comes a TIME, when d THINGS or events dat happens just beq for answers.. Janq z presido?? 16 z qreater dan 19?

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
DonColz1: The first 50 to like this post will becoming millionaires by december

1000 dislike.

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by nerodenero: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
I am not surprised as I dont have confidence in our judicial system.One thing is certain,lie cannot cover truth.

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
manny4life: Fashola thinks this is Lagos where he get anything he wants, this is a big blow to him. Here is one reason why I always said it - Fashola NEVER thinks before he acts, check this out.

Shouldn't he have put his house in order before filing the suit? This is how he was thinking when he deported the less privileged, when the shitt hit the fan, he cooked up another story. Anyone still believing this man call Fashola should sorry.
He is a stupid bigotic animalistic clown. A blind man called fashola

16 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by mumumugu(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Its stupidity to make a case and wants to withdraw.

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by pesty100(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

you jusst add up to the thousands of dumb Nigerians

10 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by mcdokwe(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
....and in another news, wetin sup?
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by musaajebor(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
FASHOLA knew he was going to lose .that was why he wanted to withdraw the suit . His mistake was going to court in the first place. Does it now make jonah jang the legit chairman.

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by nerodenero: 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
DonColz1: The first 50 people to like this post will becoming millionaires by december
I dont have to like your post before I become not a millionaire but a trillionaire before Decembergringrin
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by nerodenero: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
mumumugu: Its stupidity to make a case and wants to withdraw.
Why spew trash like this?What if both parties want to settle out of Court!
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by nerodenero: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
mumumugu: Its stupidity to make a case and wants to withdraw.
Why spew trash like this?What if both parties want to settle out of Court!!!
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Giddyprance(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

it seems u watch ur tv upside down dats why 16 appears to come b4 19...mtcheeew ewuu

3 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
I still believe and have faith in Nigeria's judicial system. But if after 5th October 2013 they still haven't brought the suspects of ALUU4 murder to justice, then I will officially give up.
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Davo93(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
Premium News?? undecided Abegii, gimme anoda tori
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by HoLEEsinner: 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
This aint news, I personally didn't expect anything meaniful to come out of this case. I wonder why some of us on NL will still insult ourselves over this, if 16 is greater than 19 or if 19 is lesser than 16 God knows best.
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by datola: 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
There is no big deal in withdrawing or striking out a case when the plaintiff is no longer interested.

See ignorance being displayed by Team 16 > 19

1 Like

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by moodswing(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
Whenever I hear people address Gov Fashola as SAN, I begin to lose respect for others with similar titles.

Jang's lawyer is well learned, sucker punch.

Fashola is left with not just a bruised ego but also a shameful face that couldn't be saved.

O! Lord, grant our governors the wisdom to think before they act, and not think midway trough their act.

This is a big lesson to all the Fashola's of this country, "Don't make mockery of our judicial system or the joke will be on you"

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by U90INDIVERSIT(m): 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

i felt terribly irritated reading ur comment.......smh!
Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
DonColz1: The first 50 people to like this post will becoming millionaires by december
mtchewww, wit dis ur yeye english, d moni no go gree com.

1 Like

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by Aifey(m): 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
Only in nigeria 16 is greater than 19.
GEJ remains d foooooool here.

1 Like

Re: Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair by seedord247(m): 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2013

Chaii so the poverty level has got to this stage.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solid 2019 election prophecy by prophet Temitope / Thousands Of Muslims Give Their Lives To Christ In Kogi State (photos) / Inuwa Yahaya Suspends Selection Process Of New Mai Tangle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.