Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,657 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Police Lied About My Release – Kattey - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Lied About My Release – Kattey (10812 Views)

Badeh Begs-Order My Release From Prison Without Efcc’s Consent –Dailypost / BREAKING: Police Lied About My Release – Falae / Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by s3nn2x(m): 12:48am On Sep 20, 2013
THE Archbishop of the Niger Delta Province, Anglican Communion, Most Rev. Ignatius Kattey, on Wednesday said the police lied over claims that they (police) were responsible for his release from the hands of kidnappers.

Kattey was abducted on September 6, 2013 and taken to an unknown destination before he regained his freedom.

But Kattey, who spoke with newsmen at his country home in Alode, Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State, insisted that contrary to reports that the police rescued him, he (Kattey) only saw the police two days ago (Monday) since his abduction.

He, however,  commended the police for their efforts after his kidnap, while  maintaining that his release from captivity was through divine intervention.

“The Police did not rescue me. They were not the ones who rescued my wife, Beatrice. I saw the police for the first time two days ago since the incident.

“I have heard the statements made by the Rivers Police Public Relations Officer. The police are telling lies. If you cannot trust the police again, then who can you trust? I told the Commissioner of Police and he has apologised.

“I know they made efforts. but they did not rescue me and my wife. A helicopter flew over the area more than 500 times, but the boys (kidnappers) were smarter. They held me in a thick forest and no one could see me there.

“On the day of my release, they moved me and we trekked a number of kilometres till we got to a road. [quote]Then they gave me N200 and ordered me to walk to the direction where I could get a motorcycle.

“We thank God for His mercies because I wouldn’t even wish my enemy to go through that experience,” the archbishop, who is also the Dean of Anglican Communion in Nigeria, added.

Explaining that he was not tortured by his captors, Kattey pointed out that he was not aware if any ransom was paid for his release.

“I was not tortured. They fed me on fast food once a day, sometimes on boli (roast plantain). They tied and chained my legs, but one of them said ‘you can’t chain this man.” http://www.punchng.com/news/police-lied-about-my-release-kattey/

3 Likes

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by okooloyun1(m): 1:05am On Sep 20, 2013
For him to saw helicopter that flew over d area more than 500 times that tells him that the police were untop of the situation. He better thank God that he got back home sound and healthy.

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2013
I know they did your Holiness Sir..

I am over-joyed at the News of your release..

#President Jonathan & Wikes plans have failed..

2 Likes

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 20, 2013
Another interesting episode of Super Story... Next!
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Cherish20(f): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2013
But they actually made efforts to rescue you...didn't they?
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by yanshless: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2013
I'M REALLY BEGINNING TO SUSPECT THIS BISHOP.
EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS OWN KIDNAP AND RELEASE SSOUNDS SO FISHY.
WHY HIS OWN DIFFERENT?

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Okijajuju1(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2013
NOTE: Ever since Amaechi hands off the funding of the Nigerian Police and this beef with Commissioner of Police CP Mbu, Rivers State has now started kidnapping again..

Jonathan... God and Rivers State people are watching you & Wike..
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Tuntheycr7: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2013
s3nn2x:
“I have heard the statements made by the Rivers Police Public Relations Officer. The police are telling lies. If you cannot trust the police again, then who can you trust? I told the Commissioner of Police and he has apologised.

#gbam !
The police made efforts bt they shudnt have claimed they rescued him.
Na to pay the ransom and trust God. Bt I have never trusted the police, may b in another life
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by uken73(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2013
Hmm. Too bad. They made their efforts. Noted. But must they take credit for what they did not achieve? However, with the typical kind of stories often heard about the Nigerian police, it would have been wise for the man of God to ignore it. It won't be funny to be kidnapped a second time. It may be a different story all together.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Tuntheycr7: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2013
s3nn2x:

#gbam !
The police made efforts bt they shudnt have claimed they rescued him.
Na to pay the ransom and trust God. Bt I have never trusted the police, may b in another life.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by point5: 10:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Na so dey dey lie oo,,foolish pipo,if na 2 colet #20 4rm evry corner dey go do am wel
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by jhidey08(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2013
Luk @ dis Man of God o. D fact dat he didn't see any policeman doesn't mean dey didn't make any effort 2 save his lyf. He is an ingrate as far as i'm concerned.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by papaejima1: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2013
The police and their helicopter were on top of the situation over 500 times.

Up the Police! Up the helicopter!!

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by jhydebaba(m): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Nigeria Folice can lie tongue

Btn naija folice and naija folitician, who lie pass
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 20, 2013
oko-oloyun:
For him to saw helicopter that flew over d area more than 500 times that tells him that the police were untop of the situation. He better thank God that he got back home sound and healthy.

Three gbosa for English. Lol

9 Likes

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by jhydebaba(m): 10:16am On Sep 20, 2013
oko-oloyun:
Bullet proof mode activated.

But bishop, u too can lie oh. So na divine intervention release u I hear u sir.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Lilimax(f): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2013
s3nn2x:
He, however,  commended the police for their efforts after his kidnap, while  maintaining that his release from captivity was through divine intervention.
The Bishop having commended the police for their efforts choose to return every glory to God
about his release?.
I see nothing wrong in it wink.

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Fazhy: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2013
Hmmmm. [size=18pt]NPF[/size].

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by sheyimerci: 10:25am On Sep 20, 2013
Hun...cnt sae anytn yet
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by talksankey: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2013
Please sir,read d story again. The man said he knows d police made an effort, but he did not see them. Than does not sound ungreatfull to me.

2 Likes

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by anytexy: 10:34am On Sep 20, 2013
politicised kidnapping episode. smh.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2013
oko-oloyun:

and you just had to be the first to comment. do u want to commit murder ni?
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by abatajjvii: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2013
naija police

i respect una

una do river

the Bishop thank God for your life
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Demdem(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2013
Another reason why Mbu must be sacked.
He lied.
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 20, 2013
No one shuld drag name of d archbishop kattey into the politics of rivers state or else u will face d wrath of God, because kattey as a man of God have remind mute on the political issues in the state and maintained a cordial relationship between the both parties. For those of you that listened to the rivers state police PRO over d release of kattey, she categorically stated that the nigerian police force hv rescued the archbishop. so what are you people saying? that d man of God should nt say d simple truth?

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by AbuMikey(m): 11:12am On Sep 20, 2013
oko-oloyun:
Strangle Your English Teacher!!! angry
Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by deinmaafie(f): 11:14am On Sep 20, 2013
yanshless: I'M REALLY BEGINNING TO SUSPECT THIS BISHOP.
EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS OWN KIDNAP AND RELEASE SSOUNDS SO FISHY.
WHY HIS OWN DIFFERENT?
Be careful of what you comment. Dont get punished because of a post you saw

1 Like

Re: Police Lied About My Release – Kattey by phreddie(m): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2013
Demdem: Another reason why Mbu must be sacked.
He lied.

pro Amaechi, power freaking, politicking bandit!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Longing For A 'strong Man' In Nigeria / Saraki Files Fresh Motion To Disqualify CCT Chairman / 'Imo People Will Miss Me' – Okorocha Rochas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.