Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... (837 Views)

Fire Burnt Over 200 Shops In Ibadan, N250million Worth Of Goods Lost / Graphic Photos Of 143 Boko Haram Fighters Killed By Cameroonian Army / The Cameroonian Soldier Killed 143 Boko Haram Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by MANGAM(m): 6:48am On Sep 20, 2013
‘Boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’......

Maiduguri   September 20, 2013

Local environmental officials, on Thursday, confirmed that one hundred and forty nine civilians were killed while over 200 houses were burnt in Benishiek town of Kaga Local Government Area, following the Tuesday attack by Boko Haram members.

Alhaji Bunu Kaigama Chairman of Kaga Local Government council had informed Governor Kashim Shettima that “14 people lost their lives within the town from the attack by Boko Haram members and that several others were killed along the road to Maiduguri and Damaturu.”

Local environmental officials, who continued to pick corpses since the attack on Tuesday from bushes and road sides said they counted 143 dead bodies so far and called the situation a “massacre.”

It was reported on Wednesday that 54 persons died in the attacked staged on Kano-Maiduguri highway and the nearby village of Benisheik where hundreds of homes were also burnt.

But officials of the state environmental protection agency who moved along the road sides of the highway to evacuate corpses of civilians shot by bullets from Boko Haram gunmen, said there were more deaths.

Governor Kashim Shettima had gone on a sympathy visit to asses the extent of damage inflicted on the town.

Addressing the people, the governor said, “please don’t leave your town inspite of the trauma from the unfortunate incident.

“Government is going to rebuild all the houses destroyed by the attackers and as soon as I leave here, I will constitute a five man committee which will be given 50 million naira to come and commence work immediately,” the governor said.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/22010-borno-masacre-%E2%80%98boko-haram-killed-143,-burnt-over-200-houses%E2%80%99.html
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by geeez: 6:50am On Sep 20, 2013
I'm just weak

1 Like

Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by sammyzacks(m): 6:55am On Sep 20, 2013
Where were the security agents yo protect life and property.
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by 247notire(m): 6:56am On Sep 20, 2013
What TIME will all these THINGS END?

2 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 20, 2013
I give up. It is obvious. GEJ is weak on handling security matters. If he were OBJ----
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 20, 2013
This is IRRESPONSIBLE journalism. Media houses and journalists should be careful in quoting casualty figures, especially when its coming from locals or unauthorized sources. The media in the US quote casualty figures from the police and other authorized sources such as Red Cross. Some of the locals and other anonymous and unauthorized sources quoted by the Nigeria media have their own agenda or are ignorant. It is only in Nigeria that media houses quote casualty figures even when they'r not certain. Issues of life and death should handled responsibly. If there's no official casualty figures, what happened to terms like scores killed? Tribune has quoted 143 killed, I bet that other newspapers will quote different figures. So which do we believe?
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2013
This is getting out of hand.

Has the JTF gone to sleep?

I thought the boko demon have long been annihilated...

I think the foreigners on there should just leave the land for the owners...

By the way, I think there's more to this boko poo than an ordinary mind could fathom.

But who will bell the cat?
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by ebukaOtika(m): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2013
THESE GUYS ARE MAD.......the governor should make his state Habitable....moreover why tell the defensless and unsecured civilians not to leave the state...so that those BASTARDS can kill more of them?and where was the millions before that he could not use them for SECURITY PURPOSES? ? ? *bleeped Country* abeg okada drop me for here i don reach America...*
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by ebukaOtika(m): 7:32am On Sep 20, 2013
MANGAM:
‘Boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’......

Maiduguri   September 20, 2013

Local environmental officials, on Thursday, confirmed that one hundred and forty nine civilians were killed while over 200 houses were burnt in Benishiek town of Kaga Local Government Area, following the Tuesday attack by Boko Haram members.

Alhaji Bunu Kaigama Chairman of Kaga Local Government council had informed Governor Kashim Shettima that “14 people lost their lives within the town from the attack by Boko Haram members and that several others were killed along the road to Maiduguri and Damaturu.”

Local environmental officials, who continued to pick corpses since the attack on Tuesday from bushes and road sides said they counted 143 dead bodies so far and called the situation a “massacre.”

It was reported on Wednesday that 54 persons died in the attacked staged on Kano-Maiduguri highway and the nearby village of Benisheik where hundreds of homes were also burnt.

But officials of the state environmental protection agency who moved along the road sides of the highway to evacuate corpses of civilians shot by bullets from Boko Haram gunmen, said there were more deaths.

Governor Kashim Shettima had gone on a sympathy visit to asses the extent of damage inflicted on the town.

Addressing the people, the governor said, “please don’t leave your town inspite of the trauma from the unfortunate incident.

“Government is going to rebuild all the houses destroyed by the attackers and as soon as I leave here, I will constitute a five man committee which will be given 50 million naira to come and commence work immediately,” the governor said.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/22010-borno-masacre-%E2%80%98boko-haram-killed-143,-burnt-over-200-houses%E2%80%99.html
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 20, 2013
1 thing is obvious here!!! BoKOHARAM DONE WIN!!!! I thinkk its high tym we accept it, datt dey have won d battle, n all Nigerians go on our knees and beg them! Maybe this will stop d killing of our brothers n sisters, cus me I don tire 4 dis news...

The security agents are noww streSsed out! Them too re quite tired n bored of the prolonged boko bruhaha....

I'll organize a press confress to kneel and beg them! Pls I call on all well meaning Nig. 2 fellow suit... Thank U

2 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by Mubby4luv(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2013
Raymondenyi: 1 thing is obvious here!!! BoKOHARAM DONE WIN!!!! I thinkk its high tym we accept it, datt dey have won d battle, n all Nigerians go on our knees and beg them! Maybe this will stop d killing of our brothers n sisters, cus me I don tire 4 dis news...

The security agents are noww streSsed out! Them too re quite tired n bored of the prolonged boko bruhaha....

I'll organize a press confress to kneel and beg them! Pls I call on all well meaning Nig. 2 fellow suit... Thank U
I tink the only thing left is to kneel down as u said and Beg them coz I can't take it anymore. so weak.
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by thoth: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2013
What goes around comes around.
Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by bloggernaija: 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
Damn.
Just like that?

(1) (Reply)

ASUU: Jonathan Was Party To Pact / What The North Is Trying To Do (OBJ V.gej) / 2015 - Aso Rock Intensifies Prayer For Second Term For President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.