Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer (29689 Views)

The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling / Cake Mixer Questions / Century Juice Extractor Or Kenwood Juice Extractor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 9:22am On Sep 20, 2013
Good day everyone, please i will like some info on Ken wood cake mixer or any other reliable brand. The one i use currently to cream butter and sugar is small and doesn't rotate. I want to go for some thing bigger with rotating ability. Unfortunately shops i have been to doesn't have the type i want. The rotating one i have been seeing is too small (cant even mix upto 1kg butter/sugar).

Anyone with info on how i can get a big size mixer of 2.5kg - 4kg capacity with rotating ability should please let me know. Also i will like to know the cost.

Below are screen shots of the kind of mixer i am talking about.

Secondly is there a way to soften topper or rhoda butter before creaming (with hand in case of power outage)?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by didicold(f): 10:28am On Sep 20, 2013
Hi, i dont know much about baking but getting ur equpiment depends on ur location, if in lagos y dont u try d shop rite or dosunmu market in lagos island, if in abuja try wuse market or dose big shoppinmalls, try d ones wit electronic, mayb grandsquare or d shoprite around dat aso/ apo, den if u know some bakers in ur area u can ask dem where dey get dier electronic equipment and from dere begin ur search for d great kenwood
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by Rubyventures: 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
degurl: Good day everyone, please i will like some info on Ken wood cake mixer or any other reliable brand. The one i use currently to cream butter and sugar is small and doesn't rotate. I want to go for some thing bigger with rotating ability. Unfortunately shops i have been to doesn't have the type i want. The rotating one i have been seeing is too small (cant even mix upto 1kg butter/sugar).

Anyone with info on how i can get a big size mixer of 2.5kg - 4kg capacity with rotating ability should please let me know. Also i will like to know the cost.

Below are screen shots of the kind of mixer i am talking about.

Secondly is there a way to soften topper or rhoda butter before creaming (with hand in case of power outage)?

Thanks.

@ degurl my advice to you will be to get a friend to buy Kenwood in the uk and ship it down to you. Ive been using the Kenwood for years and it is very reliable. The other brand kitchen aid ive never used it but I know lot of people who do and ive been told is also a very good brand. It depends on your pocket.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Rubyventures:

@ degurl my advice to you will be to get a friend to buy Kenwood in the uk and ship it down to you. Ive been using the Kenwood for years and it is very reliable. The other brand kitchen aid ive never used it but I know lot of people who do and ive been told is also a very good brand. It depends on your pocket.

Thanks Ruby. Do you have an idea of the cost?
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
didicold: Hi, i dont know much about baking but getting ur equpiment depends on ur location, if in lagos y dont u try d shop rite or dosunmu market in lagos island, if in abuja try wuse market or dose big shoppinmalls, try d ones wit electronic, mayb grandsquare or d shoprite around dat aso/ apo, den if u know some bakers in ur area u can ask dem where dey get dier electronic equipment and from dere begin ur search for d great kenwood

Thanks Didi. The thing with these shops is that they don't have the large size. They have tons of mixers but non is above 1.5L capacity. Even the guy I buy cake stuffs from (a very big shop ooooo) doesn't have it. I already asked him if he can order for me, he didn't give me specific answer. Ruby's idea is good. Let me discuss with a relative who resides there.

I need to know the cost sha cos that is the main koko.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
@ruby, how many litre/kg is yours? Now many kg of butter /sugar mixture can it cream at once?
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by Rubyventures: 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
degurl:

Thanks Ruby. Do you have an idea of the cost?

for the one you are after, it should be from £400.00.you can convert that to naira about £100K

degurl: @ruby, how many litre/kg is yours? Now many kg of butter /sugar mixture can it cream at once?

Mine is 1.5 ltrs and I cream 750kg butter and 750kg sugar maximum but I think you will need the 2.5ltr bowl, I too am also thinking of getting just the bigger bowl 2.5ltrs.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Rubyventures:

for the one you are after, it should be from £400.00.you can convert that to naira about £100K

Mine is 1.5 ltrs and I cream 750kg butter and 750kg sugar maximum but I think you will need the 2.5ltr bowl, I too am also thinking of getting just the bigger bowl 2.5ltrs.

Same with me. Mine is also 1.5L but doesn't rotate.
Anyway I had gotten the various models an their cost. Will check each out to know their various capacities. Thanks for your help.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by Rubyventures: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
There is a website called buyspares and thats where i buy my kenwood attachments from or you can try the kenwood site directly.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by bece: 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
@degurl check next cash and carry they have 5litre kenwood.I have a 4litre kenwood but I bought it in lagos fairly used,I had †✽ buyt fairly used cos the new one I bought kenwood o got spoilt uptil now no one could fix it. I recently got another brand from lagos alaba too 7L for 95k the brand is Hubert. It creams like magic o.
Don't try kitcheen aid cos voltage is different from ours u will need †✽ buy converter †✽ be able †✽ use it.
I just think the new kenwood mixer arent it
My dear don't try creaming with hand o or u wan develop xtian mother arm? †✽ me o when u cream with hand dre is no way u cake will not be heavy. I d rather wait for nepa ni o use gen.

1 Like

Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by bece: 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
@degurl do u know baker's home in utako(sunny)he has some mixers for sale. But they are from 10litres. And next is Jahi side te new express frm gwarinpa †✽ Wuse 2
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 3:45am On Sep 21, 2013
bece: @degurl do u know baker's home in utako(sunny)he has some mixers for sale. But they are from 10litres. And next is Jahi side te new express frm gwarinpa †✽ Wuse 2

Thanks bece. How I wish I am in Lagos or close to Lagos. Varieties of stuffs abound (fairly used) and they last well. There is this Bush brand oven o bought from Lawanson Surilere in 2009. Till date I am still enjoying it. No complaints.

As for the mixer, will continue searching. 5L is too big and will be too expensive. Something like 2.5L or 3L is what I can afford now.

Do you have the contact no of that dealer in lagos? Who know, i may be able to arrange something with him.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by zionjewel: 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
@bece am also interested in d contact detail of d dealer in lag. I nid a big mixer too.

@degurl, thanks for this thread.....
am also looking for where to get edible printer set. I am in Osun state shaa.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2013
@bece we de wait oooooo.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by bece: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
@degurl my sis bought the kenwood for me from lagos but I didn't keep the recipt cos its over 2yrs. Even the new hubert I got she bought it for me and sent thru cooperate transport.
U can ask anyone †✽ check for westminister for u mixers choke for dre fairly used o
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
OK bece. I already told someone to look out for me. Where is Westminster? Are you referring to UK?
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by bece: 5:30am On Sep 23, 2013
@degurl UK ke no o na UK person go go buy fairly used grin westminister in lagos tincan coconut busstoP
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by zionjewel: 8:42am On Sep 23, 2013
ok. thanks bece. I know westminster deals on tokunbo..... I will check them out....
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 09, 2013
degurl:

Thanks bece. How I wish I am in Lagos or close to Lagos. Varieties of stuffs abound (fairly used) and they last well. There is this Bush brand oven o bought from Lawanson Surilere in 2009. Till date I am still enjoying it. No complaints.

As for the mixer, will continue searching. 5L is too big and will be too expensive. Something like 2.5L or 3L is what I can afford now.

Do you have the contact no of that dealer in lagos? Who know, i may be able to arrange something with him.

Hi, I bake too and was using a small mixer I got from shoprite for creaming until d tin blew up.. U can get Breville professional mixer, that's what I use, I got it at a warehouse here for 32k, it rotates and has both dough hooks and d other hook for creaming.. I chose breville cuz we've had one blender at home that's breville for over 8yrs now and counting, we've been using it and it hasn't given us any issue, the blender was 2nd hand wen we bought it. If u stay far from berger, u can try the warehouse at apapa, you would get the mixer there... Goodluck
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
yinx007:

Hi, I bake too and was using a small mixer I got from shoprite for creaming until d tin blew up.. U can get Breville professional mixer, that's what I use, I got it at a warehouse here for 32k, it rotates and has both dough hooks and d other hook for creaming.. I chose breville cuz we've had one blender at home that's breville for over 8yrs now and counting, we've been using it and it hasn't given us any issue, the blender was 2nd hand wen we bought it. If u stay far from berger, u can try the warehouse at apapa, you would get the mixer there... Goodluck

Thanks. Sadly I don't live in Lagos. But i have gotten in touch with one guy that sells mixers here in Abuja. He will travel soon and bring mine for me.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by degurl(f): 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Update: So i finally got a dealer who deals in tokunbo kitchen equipments so i discussed with him, showed him pics of the kind of mixer i wanted. Even sent it to him via whatsapp.
Well he actually did see the type but i insisted he sends the pics to me and the model. Its a Kenwood chef mixer #35000. I googled the model he sent and it so turns out the generation of that model was manufactured in the year 1960 (same year my mum was born).

Hia! Mmadu ge ji aka ya goli nsogbu.

Not only that, there were tons of problems with that model (according to complaints, reviews and threads) and it has a plastic mixing bowl.
So it seems i will have to go to Lagos myself and get what i want.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by BlueMountain1(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2013
Good morning guys:

@ degurl, bece, yinx007, zionjewel

Am happy for this forum and the assistance it offers to Nigeria(n) specific needs. My wife is into the cake making but it has been quite a challenge as she is still finding it difficult to get the necessary tools to aid her. This morning the cake mixer she uses started tripping when it gets hot. So I had to come on line to seek for information on how I can be of help. It's kind of frustrating when you see your loved one struggling to do some good jobs for themselves only to be faced with some petty challenges.
So I was very glad when I came upon this thread.

my e-mail is cj_kp1@yahoo.com.

Please, guys would you share the specific contacts you have with regards to getting this big capacity cake mixers as well as other cake making tools. I'll need the contacts of both tokumbor and brand new dealers.
We are currently in Port Harcourt.

Thanks and do have a nice day as I await your information.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by opeolukoya: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
@all your best bet is westminister at apapa rd u will varietys both new semi new and used at affordable price

1 Like

Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by didicold(f): 8:25am On Oct 29, 2013
Hi degurl, i saw d mixer u want, but its 4.6litres, kenwood brand @ exclusive stores wuse 2, abuja, it was abo7e hundred thousand sha, i think 178k immediately i saw ,i remembered ur post, but d cost might be crazy for u
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by bece: 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
@blue mountain its quite frustrating when tools hinders productivity. Don't know much about ph market but she can go †✽ lagos. But wot I do as regards my tools,flavours I shop online. It makes life easier and tins r cheaper she can try dhgate,aliexpress. I just took delivery of some tools from dhgate.though it took close †✽ a month †✽ get †✽ abuja where I stay I didn't pay a dime for shipping and delivery was my doorstep.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by ananwune: 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
I have a customer in alaba int'l market that deals in those things. Y♡Ʊ can reach him on 08032150509 his name is melvin. Hope this helps.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by cynhamscakes(f): 5:16am On Nov 04, 2013
ananwune: I have a customer in alaba int'l market that deals in those things. Y♡Ʊ can reach him on 08032150509 his name is melvin. Hope this helps.

Thanks. This will be helpful to alot of people.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by HURMORTULA(f): 7:53am On Dec 14, 2014
Happy Sunday!
Please I need contact of someone who repairs handmixer & industrial mixer in Lagos. .
Thanks
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by agbeke58(f): 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
HURMORTULA:
Happy Sunday!
Please I need contact of someone who repairs handmixer & industrial mixer in Lagos. .
Thanks

U can try this person, his name is Taolat, his no is 08034751114. I dont really know him tho, but he repairs our industrial mixer where i worked, I only call him to follow up.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by HURMORTULA(f): 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
agbeke58:

U can try this person, his name is Taolat, his no is 08034751114. I dont really know him tho, but he repairs our industrial mixer where i worked, I only call him to follow up.
Thank you dear. ..will save the number & Call him.
Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by KongaDeals: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
1. Visit Konga.com

2. Type in the search box: 1460902

3. Search Result: Kenwood Prospero Cake Mixer KM283 is available on Konga!

Seller Code Name: Odollz

Order now, get good quality product with service warranty.
Tip: If you buy an original Kenwood product, you don't need to look for a service repair technician.

Re: Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer by agbeke58(f): 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
Well, for those still interested in buying a cake mixer, u can call Eze on 08064366376, his shop is at westminister. He sells quality mixers and other kitchen wares too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice / How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) / How To Make Any Type Of Juice With Blender In Few Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.