Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Party Style Fried Rice (29706 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by risingdamp: 2:13pm On May 15, 2009
Hello people,

Can someone please give me step by step instructiions to preparing fried rice naija party style?

much appreciated!
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by netotse(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2009
LOL. . . i feel ur pain, i love party style jollof to bits o!
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by AmakaOne(f): 5:36pm On May 15, 2009
Jollof or Fried Rice?

Fried Rice
INGREDIENTS:
3 Measuring cups of rice
Salt
Curry
Thyme
1 Tsp Turmeric
Maggie Chicken or Goya
2 Cooking spoon of mixed vegetable
2 Cooking spoon of butter
Large shrimps (the more the wealthier it looks & tastes)
Crabmeat (quantity is left to you)
Chicken broth

DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring out the mixed veg and let it defrost for a while.
2. Clean the rice.
3. Add the teaspoon of turmeric, the chicken broth (add enough to taste but not too much so it wouldn’t be too salty), and add a little water to the raw rice then boil everything together.
4. Once the rice is soft but NOT mushy set it aside.
5. Get a new big pot, put the butter in it and let it heat up.
6. When the butter is hot add the mixed veg first because they take a little longer to cook.
7. The mixed veg is cooked when the green beans is soft.
8. Next add the crab meat and the shrimps and mix them together.
9. Add the curry, thyme, Maggie cube to the mix that is heating up and stir it.
10. When you feel the blend is fried but not burnt add the boiled rice one spoon at a time.
11. With each spoon of rice you add make sure you stir everything together so the rice is stirred in with the fried mixture.
12. After all the rice has been stirred in completely then the fried rice is ready to be served.

For best results, serve with roast chicken. Enjoy!
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by TOYOSI20(f): 11:37am On May 26, 2009
I like mine with a little bit of a twist asian style, . . . . smiley

Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by Leilah(f): 1:55am On May 27, 2009
ever try adding a can of makerel and some spring onions! its really nice!
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by Leilah(f): 1:56am On May 27, 2009
the party jollof I have had a parties has some kidney in it. Yuck! i can't eat internals!!! I have tried and I just cant,
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by waterworks(f): 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2009
When you feel the blend is fried but not burnt add the boiled rice grin
lol
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by drossy(m): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
thanx amakaone,
i need to work on my cooking skills! i could only get the recipe for egusi soup only after i had asked nine naija gals here in NJ!!!, the african restaurants have milked me dry and i need to learn , lol.
i wish i had listened to my mum ,those dayz!!!
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by TOYOSI20(f): 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2009
drossy:

thanx amakaone,
i need to work on my cooking skills! i could only get the recipe for egusi soup only after i had asked nine naija gals here in NJ!!!, the african restaurants have milked me dry and i need to learn , lol.
i wish i had listened to my mum ,those dayz!!!

LOL!!. . . .will post the recipe in a few. . . . smiley
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by MrCrackles(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2009
Leilah:

the party jollof I have had a parties has some kidney in it. Yuck! i can't eat internals!!! I have tried and I just cant,

Hell naw, i cant imagine it! shocked
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by yetibabe: 2:19am On Jun 05, 2009
Check out www.afrofoodtv.com for a classic party style fried rice recipe and cooking video. Enjoy!!!
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by bintab(f): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2009
yetibabe:

Check out www.afrofoodtv.com for a classic party style fried rice recipe and cooking video. Enjoy!!!
Yetty,thank u much for the link u posted.
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by dvonne(f): 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2009
I love Jolof rice, especially when prepared with enough pepper.
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by question(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2010
yetibabe:

thank you, Yetibaby.
Re: How To Make Party Style Fried Rice by dominique(f): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2010
I don't make my fried the normal convetional way but it comes out just as right.
I boil the veggies for about 5 minutes (except green beans-they take forever to soften), then i take out the vegs and put the rice, green beans, thyme, lots of curry (for color), salt, seasoning and diced chill in the pot and cook till its almost soft. Then i return the vegs, add fried shrimps and/or kidney or any other crazy ingredient i can lay my hands on, cook everything together till the rice is done and voila! party fried rice is ready.
Party jollof rice is another story for me. Sometimes i get it right, sometimes i don't. maybe its the firewood factor.

(1) (Reply)

Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary? / Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review / Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.