Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? (2521 Views)

How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... / I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
okeyxyz:

Obviously you fail to understand the bolded , hence all your interpretations are misguided. Jesus said: whoever divorces his wife and marries another, in other words: whoever replaces his wife with another..., It does not mean the same thing as having more than one wife at the same time.

You are the one mixing things up to suit your false believe. Do you understand the word "replacement"? When you are claiming that one can marry any number of wives he wants, what has replacement got to do with that? Replacement fits into where a specific number of things are given and when one of the thing is lost then you replace. But when there is no limit to the number(as you are falsely claiming), what has replacement got to do with that? That statement of Jesus is very clear whether you accept it or not. If there were no specific in number, then the issue of replacement wouldn't have come up at all since the man is free to have as many as possible. .
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by okeyxyz(m): 2:29am On Sep 23, 2013
alexleo:

You are the one mixing things up to suit your false believe. Do you understand the word "replacement"? When you are claiming that one can marry any number of wives he wants, what has replacement got to do with that? Replacement fits into where a specific number of things are given and when one of the thing is lost then you replace. But when there is no limit to the number(as you are falsely claiming), what has replacement got to do with that? That statement of Jesus is very clear whether you accept it or not. If there were no specific in number, then the issue of replacement wouldn't have come up at all since the man is free to have as many as possible. .

You can beat around all you want, but you have deliberately failed to answer my question: Why would Paul say that he wants a bishop to be the husband of one wife if not that there was polygamy in the church? If there was no polygamy in the church then there wouldn't be a need to explicitly state the preference for a monogamous man.

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
okeyxyz:

You can beat around all you want, but you have deliberately failed to answer my question: Why would Paul say that he wants a bishop to be the husband of one wife if not that there was polygamy in the church? If there was no polygamy in the church then there wouldn't be a need to explicitly state the preference for a monogamous man.

If there was polygamy in the church then does that make polygamy right? NO. There were other things that paul said a bishop should not do, does that mean that if the rest of the church does that then its no more a sin? NO
Ignoring what Jesus said and trying to figure out why Paul said what he said does not show sincerity on your part in this matter. You are in love with polygamy and can't stand the condemnation that Jesus did to it that's why you are running away from it and chasing shadows in why paul made the statement he made.

Now here is the scripture that you are trying to twist to suit your false believe. 1 Timothy 3:1-7

1.  This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop,[a] he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

So are you now saying that all these things that paul said in the scripture up is wrong for a bishop to do but right when the rest of the church does it? For example, he mentioned that a bishop should not be violent, greedy, quarrellsome etc, if we should go by your interpretation it means that the rest of the church who are engaging in this evil mentioned are not doing wrong. Its only when a bishop does them that it is wrong? NO WAY. Pls face this issue with a sincere mind bros.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
okpurukata: Flee from this husband snAtcher with all ur might

grin.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by okeyxyz(m): 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
alexleo:

If there was polygamy in the church then does that make polygamy right? NO. There were other things that paul said a bishop should not do, does that mean that if the rest of the church does that then its no more a sin? NO
Ignoring what Jesus said and trying to figure out why Paul said what he said does not show sincerity on your part in this matter. You are in love with polygamy and can't stand the condemnation that Jesus did to it that's why you are running away from it and chasing shadows in why paul made the statement he made.
Now here is the scripture that you are trying to twist to suit your false believe. 1 Timothy 3:1-7

1.  This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop,[a] he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

So are you now saying that all these things that paul said in the scripture up is wrong for a bishop to do but right when the rest of the church does it? For example, he mentioned that a bishop should not be violent, greedy, quarrellsome etc, if we should go by your interpretation it means that the rest of the church who are engaging in this evil mentioned are not doing wrong. Its only when a bishop does them that it is wrong? NO WAY. Pls face this issue with a sincere mind bros.

So finally you acknowledge that there was polygamy in the church?? Good, we are moving forward, so you guys should stop telling lies that there was nothing like polygamy in christianity. Now polygamy may not be the preferred type of marriage but certainly it was permissble in christianity, and for you people to go about preaching otherwise is a wicked lie and an attempt to enforce your preferences/biases on other christians. Even Paul himself was wise in such manner as to handling people in that he would state his preferences and how he wished every christian would be like him but he also acknowledges that everybody is not the same and each has his level of understanding and faith. Now he says: A bishop should be the husband of one wife... A bishop is a privileged, official and exemplary position in the church(just like Paul himself being an apostle occupies a privileged, official and exemplary position), therefore anybody who occupies such position should submit to absolute discipline because other people will have to lookup to him. He cannot just do what is permissible but must always be seen to do what is perfect. Nowhere did Paul nor Jesus preach that polygamy was a sin, it was permissible, and your attempt to paint it as sin is the real lie.

Again, nowhere did Jesus condemn polygamy. He did condemn divorce(except for reasons of unfaithfulness), but you are trying to redefine polygamy and divorce to mean the same thing, this is very dishonest.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by Alwaystrue(f): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Mark 10:5-11
And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to HIS WIFE;
8 And THEY TWAIN shall be ONE FLESH: so then THEY ARE NO MORE TWAIN, BUT ONE FLESH.
9 What therefore God hath joined together, LET NOT MAN put asunder.
10 And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.
11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
okeyxyz:

So finally you acknowledge that there was polygamy in the church?? Good, we are moving forward, so you guys should stop telling lies that there was nothing like polygamy in christianity. Now polygamy may not be the preferred type of marriage but certainly it was permissble in christianity, and for you people to go about preaching otherwise is a wicked lie and an attempt to enforce your preferences/biases on other christians. Even Paul himself was wise in such manner as to handling people in that he would state his preferences and how he wished every christian would be like him but he also acknowledges that everybody is not the same and each has his level of understanding and faith. Now he says: A bishop should be the husband of one wife... A bishop is a privileged, official and exemplary position in the church(just like Paul himself being an apostle occupies a privileged, official and exemplary position), therefore anybody who occupies such position should submit to absolute discipline because other people will have to lookup to him. He cannot just do what is permissible but must always be seen to do what is perfect. Nowhere did Paul nor Jesus preach that polygamy was a sin, it was permissible, and your attempt to paint it as sin is the real lie.

Again, nowhere did Jesus condemn polygamy. He did condemn divorce(except for reasons of unfaithfulness), but you are trying to redefine polygamy and divorce to mean the same thing, this is very dishonest.

Now its obvious that you want to believe and spread falsehood. That's for you. If we should believe your false teaching that Paul did not mean to condemn polygamy in that scripture, it means you are also saying that violence , greed, covetousness, fighting, quarell etc. Which he mentioned along side are also not condemned. All of them were mentioned by Paul so you can't single one thing out and interprete it your own way. That's how false teachers operate. You must balance the whole thing that paul condemned on the same line you are putting polygamy. You are just playing tricks. Be balanced bros. I only pity those who will be deceived by your false teaching.

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
Alwaystrue: Mark 10:5-11
And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8 And THEY TWAIN shall be ONE FLESH: so then THEY ARE NO MORE TWAIN, BUT ONE FLESH.
9 What therefore God hath joined together, LET NOT MAN put asunder.
10 And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.
11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

Thanks my beloved. The truth cannot be hidden, no matter the tricks that men will want to play with it. God bless you.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by Alwaystrue(f): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
^^^^^^^
II Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On May 26, 2023
azubaby:
■ Gud day pple I hav a neigbhor who is a second wife n needs my prayer. Seems she is having difficulty conceivin again after her first child I bliv her position as a second wife is not right with God as she is collecting somebodys husband Now she wants me to commit her in my prayer n reach out to BABA GOD for her I already hav said a prayer for her but somtin tells me its wrong knowin she is a second wife She goes to church and all-night n acts lik she is the only madam. Although her character most times r zero as she is the mouth running type Now I want to know if I should cont prayin for her NB First wife has children in a seperate compound the husband comes to pass the night wit second wife
See discrimination abeg! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Interview With Prophet Adetunji Adeonigbagbe Of Celica Church Of Christ / What Is The Conviction Of Sin? / Please Is Jesus God This Has Brought Confusion Among Christain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.