Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? (1099 Views)

I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Some unfamous people are actually richer than most Nollywood icons but yet no one talks about them while some only gather few riches and up they become talk of the town.

So which would you prefer?
Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by smakati(m): 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
Any of the above will do......kin sha ti lowo
Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by uboma(m): 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
You can't be rich and at the same time less popular. Fame and wealth are best buddies.
Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
To be rich without fame works best for me, because I generally love to keep a low profile and work from behind the scenes or in the background doing good stuff and just making things happen.

I believe there can be wealth without fame, the latter (i.e fame) brings with it too much drama. Every darn thing you do becomes a matter of public knowledge and discussion.

@ uboma

Bros did you get my PM? Pls holla back and let me know.
Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by Haywhymido(m): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
sihom: To be rich without fame works best for me, because I generally love to keep a low profile and work from behind the scenes or in the background doing good stuff and just making things happen.

I believe there can be wealth without fame, the latter (i.e fame) brings with it too much drama. Every darn thing you do becomes a matter of public knowledge and discussion.

@ uboma

i dig it
Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 21, 2013
A full pocket without the attention does it for me.

1 Like

Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2013
uboma: You can't be rich and at the same time less popular. Fame and wealth are best buddies.

To prove you wrong in just one example, so many people including my own self didnt know about existence of any billionaire like Davido's dad untill Davido became a music star. I learnt he's a multi-billionaire. So many of such people are everywhere being millionaires/billionaires but with little or no fame while those who haven't even gathered much riches might hit the world of fame. In Nigeria and beyond, even a child of less than 10 can boldly tell you about the likes of Pete Edochie, Olu Jacabs, Jim Iyke, Tuface Idibia, Ramsey Noah etc but there are people that are richer than these folks without fame.
Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2013
sihom: To be rich
without fame works best for me, because I generally love to keep a low profile and work from behind the scenes or in the background doing good stuff and just making things happen.

@ uboma

I got it! Me, i would like to come with fame. Am just this type that like popularity and out-going.
Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2013
byvan: A full pocket without the attention does it for me.

Lols. Nope for me. I want you to be as famous as Lady Kaka, Beyonce, Rihana etc. grin
Re: To Be Rich With Fame And To Be Rich Without Fame, Which Would You Prefer? by uboma(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
RedBenson:

To prove you wrong in just one example, so many people including my own self didnt know about existence of any billionaire like Davido's dad untill Davido became a music star. I learnt he's a multi-billionaire. So many of such people are everywhere being millionaires/billionaires but with little or no fame while those who haven't even gathered much riches might hit the world of fame. In Nigeria and beyond, even a child of less than 10 can boldly tell you about the likes of Pete Edochie, Olu Jacabs, Jim Iyke, Tuface Idibia, Ramsey Noah etc but there are people that are richer than these folks without fame.

You learnt that Davido's dad is a multi-billionaire and yet is not famous. Can you provide a reliable source where you learnt that he is a multi-billionaire? The reality is that wealth and fame goes together especially here in Nigeria. Overseas, there are numerous billionaires who aren't popular because of the simply lifestyle they exhibit.

@ sihom, I can't remember receiving a PM from you. However, shoot me a mail. My email is on my signature.

(1) (Reply)

What Are U Getting For Your Little Ones This Xmas. / Madwoman Delivers Baby Girl At Rubbish Dump / Prostate Cancer & Matters Arising - A Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.