Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School (34608 Views)

First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' / PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Hadiza Saddik-Mahuta Breaks Record In The UK After Bagging Distinction In Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Allenkee: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Every serious student that gains admission into tertiary institutions has the aim of graduating with a first class/distinction degree but the reality shows that the number of first class students in Nigeria’s tertiary institutions is on the decline. Nigeria Education Portal ® gives steps which if diligently followed will enable every student who aspires to make a first class in school to do so with ease.

1) Get serious from the first day
It is common for students to get carried away with the euphoria of gaining admission into higher institution that they forget the major reason why they are in school. It is essential to start building your grade point from the first day so as to avoid playing catch up afterwards.

2) Attend Lectures
While attending lectures may not be so important in your first year in school as most courses are what you must have already learnt previously in your secondary school and the large number of students in lecture rooms in your first year may not make attending lectures enticing however after your first year, attending lectures must be a priority, this is enable you mark attendance in class which may be the difference between an A or a B, pick salient points which the lecturer may mention in class and to pick instructions and tips which lecturers usually give in class.

3) Understand your Lecturer(s)
As all human beings differ in various characteristics so do your lecturers differ in the way they want things to be done. While some may prefer you to understand their notes only, others may prefer you to research more on your own after giving you notes, others may depend solely on past questions and so on. It is very essential to understand each lecturer who comes to lecture you. This might be done by seeking advice from students who have taken courses taught by the lecturer.

4) Don’t build serious relationships with the opposite sex
It is very essential to keep only platonic relationships with the opposite sex while in school. This might be very difficult especially if you are a pretty lady or a handsome guy but the truth is if you keep any serious relationships, it will eat out of your valuable time you would have spent studying.

5) Learn to study
This usually is the most difficult part of a student’s life as different distractions exist in the higher institution but unfortunately this is the most important step on your way to making a first class in school. While most students are fond of deceiving themselves by either sleeping and waking in the library without actually studying, it is very essential to give at least 2 quality hours studying every day.

6) Rub mind with others
No man is an island, no matter how hard you study you can never know it all, there will still be some few things which you still would not know but someone else’s could help you with and save you a lot of time trying to decipher how to go about the problem.

7) Put God first
Always remember that God is the owner of all knowledge and gives only to those who he wishes to. Learn to always put God first before every lecture, test or exam. He is the only one who can see you through.

http://nigeriaeducationportal.com/how-to-make-a-first-class-or-distinction-in-school/

89 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Very interesting and important points.

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by kizito047(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice writ up

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by WHIZBRO(m): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
Rubbish!!!... When will Nairaland stop all these how to's?
How to bleep ur wife, how to murder your gardener, how to court Angelina Jolie...
Load of b.ulls

12 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Slyr0x: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School

1.) For the serious guys/girls - Cram as hard as you can and pour everything on exam day. This technique is popularly known as La Cram La Pour

2.) For the Unserious guys - Settle your way through. .15k per course

3.) For the Unserious babes - Bleep your way through. .

Sadly, this is what our Universities have turned to undecided

45 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Originakalokalo(m): 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
That is the secret.nothing else.

In addition,see yourself graduating with first class everyday.

That keeps you going.

5 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by kizito047(m): 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
My junoir bro. Has dose quality..but uniport galz wil nt leave him..becox he's a 1st class material.

4 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by REMMEI(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
Aren't we talking about Nigeria tertiary institution?..it ain't applicable to all i must tell you..do your best and leave the rest..some that graduated with 2.2 sef better pass some 1st class book worm.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Fabulousmark(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
So help me God
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by chigoziec: 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice update
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by peterphd(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?

10 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Samuel200: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice point, thanks for the awareness
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by agrovick(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
Smh
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Olamira(f): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
Alright opposite sex leave me alone. First class things on my mind!

7 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
Any body that can pass jamb and gain admission in this country should know this na. Any nice copy and paste article. Viiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by soloxxng: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
stop ferretting through NAIRALAND..... But ASUU pleaz nah

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Ajibel(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
Arent these obvious And pls strike out point 4 angry
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by 4reigningqueen: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
hmmm

so, when you do all these and graduate with a first class what happens next?

Getting a first class seem like trying to compete but discovering who you really are, which is the primary reason for education, is far more important.

Stop the competition, find out who you are and add value!!!

10 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by stephano100(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice points,but hw will all dis work wen there are corrupt lecturers dat are always demanding u block their courses b4 u pass...

3 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Olamira(f): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
peterphd: Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?
like seriously ARE U SANE?

35 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by stephano100(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
peterphd: Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?
u b anti-christ?

7 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by farmer99: 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice one, first to coment, getting upper in nairaland
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by johnwizey: 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mingle with †ђξ big boyz
Parley with your lecturers
Be vry expert in microsoft sori microchips

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Shollyps(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
WHIZBRO: Rubbish!!!... When will Nairaland stop all these how to's?
How to bleep ur wife, how to murder your gardener, how to court Angelina Jolie...
Load of b.ulls
wat are u smoking?

6 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by delors(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Originakalokalo: That is the secret.nothing else.

In addition,see yourself graduating with first class everyday.

That keeps you going.
Well, dont see yourself graduating with First Class, it may create unneccessary pressure or distraction. All the aforementioned is on point: study, play, pray, etc. Funny enough i hardly checked my GP until 300L when i had a C in a particular course; my one and only.

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by MrMac10(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Go and make first class money and stop fooling urself with first class Bill Gates said and i quote My classmate was a straight A student he works for microsoft I own Microsoft

7 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
WHIZBRO: Rubbish!!!... When will Nairaland stop all these how to's?
Load of b.ulls
are you fraustrated with life? You have to work on your mind set

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by lampardizik(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
peterphd Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"? [/quote]
who b u?

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
I never did any of those and am seriously regretting it now,may God help me to retrace my steps b4 it's totally late. The opposite sex can dangerously,harmfully and seriously destroy a students career if not properly checked.

5 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by johnwizey: 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
ATHEIST

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by delors(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
kizito047: My junoir bro. Has dose quality..but uniport galz wil nt leave him..becox he's a 1st class material.
Well, truth is a little f**k here n there aint gonna suck his GP if he knows what he is doing. He's gotta have fun as well. Girls like good things so .... wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Cutepessy(m): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
Lolz... Abstain 4rm opposite sex

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

400 Level UNIOSUN Student Found Dead After Missing For Days (see Photos) / Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / UNILAG CSO Sunday Adejumo Murdered In Akoka Lagos Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.