Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School (34631 Views)

First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' / PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Hadiza Saddik-Mahuta Breaks Record In The UK After Bagging Distinction In Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
How many times are you people going to post this very same topic on Nairaland?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by IbrahimB: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
A first class is a very good thing to have; your parents or sponsors will feel amply rewarded! However, getting a first class doesn't mean you'll also be "first" in your industry. More importantly, not getting a "first" doesn't mean you're dumb or less "smart" than a person with a first smiley. Many students don't understand this. Many parents don't as well and exert too much pressure on their children. The most important thing to take out of school is "thinking outside the box" and not a 4.80 CGPA. Trust me. wink

4 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by PetDancer(f): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2013
kizito047: My junoir bro. Has dose quality..but uniport galz wil nt leave him..becox he's a 1st class material.
hahahahahahaha ur bro dy allow them rest first?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Cashio(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
I am not in skl yet but i can do better than 40% of 9ja students....the power of reading
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
True! But some work really hard and has nothing to show for it, while some first class graduate self are just 'la cram la pour' candidate. Abi?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
arcbabe: I never did any of those and am seriously regretting it now,may God help me to retrace my steps b4 it's totally late. The opposite sex can dangerously,harmfully and seriously destroy a students career if not properly checked.
Now ^this^ what i call "Talking from Xperience" grin
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Idrismusty97(m): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
Slyr0x: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School

1.) For the serious guys/girls - Cram as hard as you can and pour everything on exam day. This technique is popularly known as La Cram La Pour

2.) For the Unserious guys - Settle your way through. .15k per course

3.) For the Unserious babes - Bleep your way through. .

Sadly, this is what our Universities have turned to undecided
LOL,Thats why ASUU is on strike na
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Odunharry(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
WHIZBRO: Rubbish!!!... When will Nairaland stop all these how to's?
How to bleep ur wife, how to murder your gardener, how to court Angelina Jolie...
Load of b.ulls

my guy log out and throw whatever u r using to browse insyd d river...na by force to comment?

Op,nice 1
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by ceospecial(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by YankeeJoe(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
Olamira: Alright opposite sex leave me alone. First class things on my mind!

na today?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by YankeeJoe(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
arcbabe: I never did any of those and am seriously regretting it now,may God help me to retrace my steps b4 it's totally late. The opposite sex can dangerously,harmfully and seriously destroy a students career if not properly checked.

Its like those boys ve broken ur fragile hr8t?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
This topic has been exhausted in this classic nairaland thread. https://www.nairaland.com/163757/secrets-first-class-students
Lots of illuminating inputs from revered nairaland posters like Jarus, Davidylan, Dr Ferlie and many other posters who came out with first class and are not simply talking the talk. And the most surprising revelation on that thread was knowing that Seun "nairaland CEO" dropped out of school while he was leading his faculty in great IFE and may invariably have come out with a first class himself grin Make of that what you will.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by phiszo(m): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
Every intelligent peepz know that. You have to be intelligent/brilliant to get first class.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by hardbody: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
I did not play by any of the rules and started my first year with a third class result, joined all the bad companies and frats at year 3 and still graduated 2nd Upper. Today I am happy that the uni passed through me. I can hold my own anywhere both academically and otherwise
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by mayorrex(m): 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
Rubbish....the only reasonable thing in diz ryt up is point 7......follow all those stepz without your money for 'sorting' will stil fetch u pass in 9ja universities.....
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
Forgive me, but what you wrote up there is a piece of trash! The "workaholic" students in my class are not in anyway near first class! What you need to obtain first class is as follows:
1. Natural talent: If you're not brilliant, forget it!!! No matter how hard you try 2:1 is your highest.
2. Religion: Believe it or not, God have his own part to play.
3. Plan and Dream: I can't tell you how many times I calculate and predicts my CPGA when school is in session, it serves as a pointer to how important a course is.
4. Forget Learning: This is Nigeria, and the lecturer don't give a crap about you understanding the course or not. He wants to read the exact duplicate of his note in your answer booklet. So if you can't cram, you're on your own.
5. Mingle with the right people: Believe it on not, every lecturer has his/her own favourite student, every now and then, there is always AOC(area of concentration).

Writing as a prospective first class graduate

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Dee235: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
Really great write up and just on point. Also add valuable skills to your firstclass, skills like soft typing, programming and so forth... It also contributes as well.

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by amnestylaw1(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2013
8. Get admission into Covenant or RedeemersUniversity

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by indoorlove(m): 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Cashio: I am not in skl yet but i can do better than 40% of 9ja students....the power of reading
you are a small boy, when u get there, u ll realized.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
amnestylaw1: cool Get admission into Covenant or RedeemersUniversity
Now, that is true!

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Littlehooper: 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
I AM SO PLEASED WITH THIS UPDATE.. GOD WILL BLESS THE PERSON THAT CREATED THIS THREAD.. UR ENDEAVOURS SHALL BE GRANTED IN JESUS NAME

FELLOW NAIRALANDERS,LET'S KEEP UPDATING WHAT WILL BENEFIT ONEANOTHER....
NAIRALAND IS D BEST EVER INTERACTIVE WEBSITE I HAVE EVER CAME ACROSS AS @ FOR NOW...
I AM REALLY SO PLEASED WITH THIS TOPIC..

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
Been doing all those since the second semester of my first year.
And what i av learnt is that lecturers have thier different ways and techniques to teaching,setting questns,marking etc..
There r some u read tirelessly for,some u cram for,for some u must be active and relevant in class.
For me attending classes and studying is important.
Understanding my lecturer and skul system too is important

3 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Littlehooper: 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
adeaugustus: Forgive me, but what you wrote up there is a piece of trash! The "workaholic" students in my class are not in anyway near first class! What you need to obtain first class is as follows:
1. Natural talent: If you're not brilliant, forget it!!! No matter how hard you try 2:1 is your highest.
2. Religion: Believe it or not, God have his own part to play.
3. Plan and Dream: I can't tell you how many times I calculate and predicts my CPGA when school is in session, it serves as a pointer to how important a course is.
4. Forget Learning: This is Nigeria, and the lecturer don't give a crap about you understanding the course or not. He wants to read the exact duplicate of his note in your answer booklet. So if you can't cram, you're on your own.
5. Mingle with the right people: Believe it on not, every lecturer has his/her own favourite student, every now and then, there is always AOC(area of concentration).

Writing as a prospective first class graduate

WHICH UNIVERSITY DID U ATTEND BRO
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Dee235: 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
Dee235: Really great write up and just on point. Also add valuable skills to your firstclass, skills like soft typing, programming and so forth... It also contributes as well.

Actually the skills should be gotten during holidays, while during school period you are mastering books. Yes, there is also the God factor, believe it.

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by alphaconde(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
ASUU is the reason for the decline in first class graduates. The don't go to class, they insult students, the examine students in areas they didn't teach, they sleep with busty female students, they entirely discourage students. Just imagine ASUU hv received 2months salary since this strike began and the students have received nothing. And tomorrrow some one will say they are fighting our course.

When I was in school, I used to be the best student in a course human resources. I used to contribute so much during classes, my mates enjoyed those classes becuase of me, the attested to that severally. But guess what? I scored E in that course just because of a member of ASUU. If I were FG I will sack them all. That's the sanity and improvement we need in the sector.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
Im gay, I dnt need to distance myself frm opp sex!!!!!
Not evryone is straight biko. Mtchwwwwwww. I am sha on 2.1, yippeeee

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by JosephCudjoe(m): 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
peterphd: Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?
I solely agree with you but still we can't undermine d imp of God has he controlls d circumstances dat d lecturers mark.Imagine a lecturer pickin ur script 2 mark nd he gets an annoying news,nd he pickin ur script when he gets a good news.d outcome of the marking of d former will differ from d latter.nd dats y God comes in

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
Everything you listed here will work for some and will not work for some,some will even be in a serious relationship with the opposite sex and still get the first degree and some are even gay and they still may end up not getting even a second class upper.lol.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Ruthia(f): 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
peterphd: Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?
wer did u get ur name PETER 4rm?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by joshuaidibia(m): 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
Olamira: Alright opposite sex leave me alone. First class things on my mind!
y na? Are u sure u can stay one semestre wtout dos Joystick?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by omenpetrol: 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
4) Don’t build serious relationships with the opposite sex
It is very essential to keep only platonic relationships with the opposite sex while in school. This might be very difficult especially if you are a pretty lady or a handsome guy but the truth is if you keep any serious relationships, it will eat out of your valuable time you would have spent studying.

IN 300L THAT WAS MY PROBLEM. HAD THE WORST RESULT. I STILL LIKE THE GIRL SHA AND WE ARE STILL TOGETHER. BUT IT COST ME MY GRADES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How A Young Man, Jesse Gideon Abraham Was Killed By His Roommate At Uniuyo (pix) / UNILAG CSO Sunday Adejumo Murdered In Akoka Lagos Bar / Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.