Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Nigerians Are Allergic To 'truth'/we Just Hate To Hear Or Say It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Allergic To 'truth'/we Just Hate To Hear Or Say It (607 Views)

Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. / Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case / Ogun Flood Victims Drags Gbenga Daniels And Ibikunle Amosun To Truth Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Allergic To 'truth'/we Just Hate To Hear Or Say It by smemud(m): 12:49am On Sep 21, 2013
If you ever decide to go out there looking for the biggest hypocrite in life and you meet a Nigerian, turn back—you have met who you are looking for.
If all the stories in the Bible and Quran were true stories, Nigerian would have been part of the Pharisees — the social and political movement during the Second Temple period.
We are the biggest hypocrites out there in the world and if you think otherwise, then that is just a confirmation of what I just said. You are simply being a hypocrite and will always hate the truth.
From our Political settings to our Entertainment industry, no one seems to say the truth or has the ear to even listen to it.
Lies which are politically clothed as propaganda has come to stay with us, grown with us and has become part of our existence.
No politician yearns for the TRUTH in Nigeria. And this translates so well with their followers who are hypocrites themselves. We lack all that we claim to possess and yet we cannot be truthful to ourselves to bare the cross.
A Nigerian will smile with you, say you are great or your work is the best, when in fact your work is the worst. The moment you are not around, the same person will make a mockery of you and your work.
We just hate the truth and I do not see a way out of this, because, we will not even accept that this is what we are…
People will shower you will undeserving praises in Nigeria when you are around them, simply because they want a back pass, knowing that you do not deserve any of those praises. The sad part of it is that, maybe if you are told the truth, you will work harder or make things better.
In the spirit of deceit and hypocrisy, we are all suffering one way or the other.
Our Entertainment Industry is a mess and yet people are winning countless awards and praises for their run-of-the-mill works. Behind these people, those giving out the awards will laugh and state how bad the works are…
It is not that we cannot see, we just can’t say it as it is…
Your own friend will tell you how great you are as a person, as an actor/actress, as a musician or as no body—when in fact; he/she is lying to you. Just walk away and he/she will be on the floor, laughing her hypocrisy out.
The wide practice of hypocrisy in Nigeria has made it difficult for us to accept the truth and criticism when someone breaks the norm by stating it as it is.
Tell a Nigerian the truth and you are his enemy. Join the gang of liars and hypocrites, and he will award you or make you his right hand man.
The roads are bad, our education is at its poorest, times are hard, our movies are useless and most of us will hypocritically say; all these are in their best shapes.
Incompetent people are running our state machineries, in charge of our future and we cannot even tell them the truth—simply because we want some favours or cannot take the heat that they will throw at us upon hearing the truth.
We read the Holy Books more than we drink water and yet, our entire existence defines hypocrisy. How can we hate the TRUTH this much?
When can we embrace the truth and make it part of our dealings? Why can’t we just be sincere with ourselves by telling each other the truth, especially when it is necessary?
How can we improve as people when we continue to lie to ourselves about our current situation and receive praises or awards for our substandard and bad deeds?
Re: Nigerians Are Allergic To 'truth'/we Just Hate To Hear Or Say It by shina419(m): 12:59am On Sep 21, 2013
I felt like crying,what a hard touching fact
Re: Nigerians Are Allergic To 'truth'/we Just Hate To Hear Or Say It by crackhaus: 1:46am On Sep 21, 2013
All you said is the hard-on fact and I actually used to think I may be the only one who sees the hypocrisy of my country-men/women for what it is.
Trust me, I have made more enemies and haters in my less-than-30yr existence than most people would in their entire lives, just because I'm always quick to point out & deal squarely with the hypocrisy and two-faced attitude of Nigerian Niqggaz & Bishes (especially those who call themselves born-again Christians).
Mehn, these days I tend to look the other way and mostly ignore it all. I mean come-on, it's Nigeria and it is what it is. I'm not about to be responsible for my own demise or matyrdom in the hands of many out there who just hate the truth or are too much of cowards to accept it.
My advice is that you do the same(ignore) if you wish to go far in a country like ours.
Re: Nigerians Are Allergic To 'truth'/we Just Hate To Hear Or Say It by rilibaba08: 5:59am On Sep 21, 2013
crackhaus: All you said is the hard-on fact and I actually used to think I may be the only one who sees the hypocrisy of my country-men/women for what it is.
Trust me, I have made more enemies and haters in my less-than-30yr existence than most people would in their entire lives, just because I'm always quick to point out & deal squarely with the hypocrisy and two-faced attitude of Nigerian Niqggaz & Bishes (especially those who call themselves born-again Christians).
Mehn, these days I tend to look the other way and mostly ignore it all. I mean come-on, it's Nigeria and it is what it is. I'm not about to be responsible for my own demise or matyrdom in the hands of many out there who just hate the truth or are too much of cowards to accept it.
My advice is that you do the same(ignore) if you wish to go far in a country like ours.
I support you on this
Re: Nigerians Are Allergic To 'truth'/we Just Hate To Hear Or Say It by Adisa419: 6:14am On Sep 21, 2013
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Dead Boko Haram Leader “I Am Alive & Will Only Die At The Appointed Time” / Boko Haram Killed My Dream / Which Is Your Prefered Combo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.