Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC (26561 Views)

I Got A Job After 6month I Was Interviewed / Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by omenpetrol: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
I finished NYSC on the 6th of July 2013 (batch b) and the journey afterwards has be tough

1. I wrote and aptitude test with Philips consulting for Heritage bank in April and passed, traveled from kwara where i was serving for interview only to be turned down because i hadn't yet completed my nysc and i had just 3 weeks left. (disappointment no 1)
2. wrote standard chartered online test twice and flopped. ((disappointment no 2)
3.Went to submit my Cv at enterprise bank at Wuse zone 5 the woman Rudely turned me down so i Gate crashed Enterprise bank test they balloted i didn't pick a number. ( disappointment no 3)
4. submitted my cv physically at unity bank they called for test i wasn't called i gate crashed but was not allowed to write. (disappointment number 4)
5. have been submitting my cvs both online and physically all around Abuja and networking with people i meet at test venues yet no breakthrough (you go to submit CV and security men would be feeling important) how sad
5. Posy gave me 100K to do forex trading (i demo traded successfully for a year and half) i have lost 40k in 2months.
6.have a test in Lagos next week. would use the opportunity to submit my CV at major banks hq

Its had been really though cos you need to handle alot of thoughts and you could lose you mind, infact sometimes i just wished i was a kid again.
i know mine is not the worst case but its bad. please share your stories lets encourage each other.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by UgooJosh: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
Only Jesus is the way forward.

19 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by zada(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
@Omenpetrol, ur story seem touching if only it was genuining. May be u miss typed the year u finished service cos it doesn't correlate to the one and half year u spent doing forex trade. So pls try and rearrange it for us to sympathise with u. Jus musing!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by omenpetrol: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2013
zada: @Omenpetrol, ur story seem touching if only it was genuining. May be u miss typed the year u finished service cos it doesn't correlate to the one and half year u spent doing forex trade. So pls try and rearrange it for us to sympathise with u. Jus musing!
I taught my self how to trade, I read about 12 books I started practising with a demo account after I left school in 2011. Forex trading is not a job, its online any body can do it. Why would I lie?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Sepp360(m): 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ugoo-Josh:
Only Jesus is the way forward.
how is jesus the only way foward?.... Smh!...just get ur huszle on, and "hope" yhu become fortunate!...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Gboliwe: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
Don't let me start on my own o. Its been one hell of a ride but you know what, I think i've paid the unemployment dues. I'm begining to feel a bit good.

I once went for an aptitude test, came out flying, got a slot for interview, smashed! When it was time for the final one with one woman who looked like Jezebel, (i'm certain she is Jezebel reincarnate) she didnt even let me sit down before insulting me. Asked me rudely why I was walking the way I was (I have a badleg, so I limp), how that they run a corporate organisation and would hate to have someone limping around in the office. I think that was the biggest insult I ever received looking for a job. To think I wasn't applying for or in a modelling outfit, nor was I up for a frontdesk receptionist offer. I mean, with my qualification, I should have an office locked up somewhere.

Any way, its there loss. I learnt from that and I am doing better now than then

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by omenpetrol: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
Gboliwe: Don't let me start on my own o. Its been one hell of a ride but you know what, I think i've paid the unemployment dues. I'm begining to feel a bit good.

I once went for an aptitude test, came out flying, got a slot for interview, smashed! When it was time for the final one with one woman who looked like Jezebel, (i'm certain she is Jezebel reincarnate) she didnt even let me sit down before insulting me. Asked me rudely why I was walking the way I was (I have a badleg, so I limp), how that they run a corporate organisation and would hate to have someone limping around in the office. I think that was the biggest insult I ever received looking for a job. To think I wasn't applying for or in a modelling outfit, nor was I up for a frontdesk receptionist offer. I mean, with my qualification, I should have an office locked up somewhere.

Any way, its there loss. I learnt from that and I am doing better now than then
. Wow so sorry I had to laugh. God they. "When you are going through hell keep going"
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Swiftlee(m): 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
These ones are very strong; I though i had gone through something, not knowing people walk through difficulties everyday! All i can say is all is well, Jesus is the answer..

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by zada(m): 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
@All, I am not a critics of a believer, but We all are guilty of this hipocracy when looking for jobs. I expect that we discuss more on how we can better our setbacks and hw to handle and improve on them in the nearest future. Nót that we keep saying jesus is the answer. Even the bible says and I quote ' My people perish for lack of knowledge' I am an advocate of do it right and seek Gods intervention, cos we all are aware of the forces of failure in our society. You knowing hw u did well in an interview or test is a true relaxing feeling that gives u a better hope, and not jus sleeping and expecting Jesus to be the answer. We shld always ask for what we do not understand and seek to better our knowledge and even God will appreciate our efforts and rewàrd us accordingly.it is well!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Gboliwe: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
zada: @All, I am not a critics of a believer, but We all are guilty of this hipocracy when looking for jobs. I expect that we discuss more on how we can better our setbacks and hw to handle and improve on them in the nearest future. Nót that we keep saying jesus is the answer. Even the bible says and I quote ' My people perish for lack of knowledge' I am an advocate of do it right and seek Gods intervention, cos we all are aware of the forces of failure in our society. You knowing hw u did well in an interview or test is a true relaxing feeling that gives u a better hope, and not jus sleeping and expecting Jesus to be the answer. We shld always ask for what we do not understand and seek to better our knowledge and even God will appreciate our efforts and rewàrd us accordingly.it is well!
How exactly have you contributed positively to this thread now? The same 'sin' of the Jesus is the answer crew is the same shiiiiiiiiit you just displayed. We have the religion section people. if you want to preach, go there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by zada(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
@Gboliwe, little wonder u are having a hard time with your self. Do not blame others for ur predicament, ur utterances clearly states that u have an attitude. So, kindly deal with it and mind u am clearly making a point towards most of us that dwell on religion and not realities b4 us. I guess u only skimmed thru my text and u didn't read it, another sign of your lack of patience with the world. If u can't cope with it go hug a transformer on a rainy day!

11 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Gboliwe: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
zada: @Gboliwe, little wonder u are having a hard time with your self. Do not blame others for ur predicament, ur utterances clearly states that u have an attitude. So, kindly deal with it and mind u am clearly making a point towards most of us that dwell on religion and not realities b4 us. I guess u only skimmed thru my text and u didn't read it, another sign of your lack of patience with the world. If u can't cope with it go hug a transformer on a rainy day!
bwahahahahaahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See who is talking attitude. Hey Mister! Stick to the thread, save your advice. keep feeling good about yourself, nobody, least of all me give a warreva about that.

If you cant contribute here, go elsewhere, where your sermon may earn you a pulpit and/or a choir to listen to you

21 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Victosin09(f): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
omenpetrol: I finished NYSC on the 6th of July 2013 (batch b) and the journey afterwards has be tough

1. I wrote and aptitude test with Philips consulting for Heritage bank in April and passed, traveled from kwara where i was serving for interview only to be turned down because i hadn't yet completed my nysc and i had just 3 weeks left. (disappointment no 1)
2. wrote standard chartered online test twice and flopped. ((disappointment no 2)
3.Went to submit my Cv at enterprise bank at Wuse zone 5 the woman Rudely turned me down so i Gate crashed Enterprise bank test they balloted i didn't pick a number. ( disappointment no 3)
4. submitted my cv physically at unity bank they called for test i wasn't called i gate crashed but was not allowed to write. (disappointment number 4)
5. have been submitting my cvs both online and physically all around Abuja and networking with people i meet at test venues yet no breakthrough (you go to submit CV and security men would be feeling important) how sad
5. Posy gave me 100K to do forex trading (i demo traded successfully for a year and half) i have lost 40k in 2months.
6.have a test in Lagos next week. would use the opportunity to submit my CV at major banks hq

Its had been really though cos you need to handle alot of thoughts and you could lose you mind, infact sometimes i just wished i was a kid again.
i know mine is not the worst case but its bad. please share your stories lets encourage each other.
Your story is quite pathetic. Guess u shd work more on urself and develop ur skills in ur chosen field. Professional qualifications cud be added advantages coz d market is quite competitive nd evryone wants d best. U cud actually start wit d not-too-big firms instead of d banks nd oil coys. D experience ll certainly go a long way to boost ur profile.
Above all, work hard and pray well. God can never fail!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 23, 2013
omenpetrol: I finished NYSC on the 6th of July 2013 (batch b) and the journey afterwards has be tough

1) Ma guy, as regards heritage bank. U are one lucky chap. I completed my service in july 2013 too. Wrote d test, passed, was turned back from d interview venue by workforce cos of nysc cert, luckily for me heritage called back immediately after my passing out, passed all d stages and got to d final stage where i was dropped on the guise of waiting list. It was very painful, considering that I was coming from ibadan everytime. Overall, I spent like 15k chasing that job.

2) advise for u. Stop gatecrashin and stressing urself submittin physical cv. The internet (infact nairaland) is sufficient for that purpose. I've never submitted any physical cv, yet i've had to select test and interviews to attend cos of transport fare. So stick to online jobhunting and stop giving these gatemen levels.

3) Keep developing urself as regards aptitude test and interviews.

4) u must understand that your time will come. Its about being patient. I read a story on nairaland of a guy who just got three job offers. But before that, he has written and failed over 25 aptitude test over a period of a year and half after nysc

4) a bit of encouragement. After writing more than 10 aptitude test and attending 8 interviews, i finally, just got a job in one of the big four. How's that for timing... Just keep urself prepared, and your time would come...

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by omenpetrol: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2013
Avictomama:

1) Ma guy, as regards heritage bank. U are one lucky chap. I completed my service in july 2013 too. Wrote d test, passed, was turned back from d interview venue by workforce cos of nysc cert, luckily for me heritage called back immediately after my passing out, passed all d stages and got to d final stage where i was dropped on the guise of waiting list. It was very painful, considering that I was coming from ibadan everytime. Overall, I spent like 15k chasing that job.

2) advise for u. Stop gatecrashin and stressing urself submittin physical cv. The internet (infact nairaland) is sufficient for that purpose. I've never submitted any physical cv, yet i've had to select test and interviews to attend cos of transport fare. So stick to online jobhunting and stop giving these gatemen levels.

3) Keep developing urself as regards aptitude test and interviews.

4) u must understand that your time will come. Its about being patient. I read a story on nairaland of a guy who just got three job offers. But before that, he has written and failed over 25 aptitude test over a period of a year and half after nysc

4) a bit of encouragement. After writing more than 10 aptitude test and attending 8 interviews, i finally, just got a job in one of the big four. How's that for timing... Just keep urself prepared, and your time would come...

thanks bro.............Heritage bank never called me the guy at the screening interview just said i passed the test and recruitment its an ongoing process and its done in batches
I know my time would come.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by zada(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
@Gboliwe, go and read victosin09 and avictomama thread. Then u will understand that it takes a lot of hardwork before seeking Gods intervention. Instead of u play hating on this thread,why u sound funny is simply the fact that u refuse to learn and on that note is why u behave like this. U r hear complaining, wen u jus passed out this year, I wonda wat odas of several years wld do. Better learn to upgrade ursef like u hv been advice and stop whinning.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by angelTI(f): 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
Crying endlessly and ceaselessly as if that would give me a job.

Anytime I look back, I give thanks to God. Though am not where I want to be, am zealous about the job I have now!

#unto better things

10 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by davide470(m): 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
Though still serving, batch A to be precise:
I have written KPMG, Shell, Standard Chartered (didnt quite scale thru these), now am on Cons. breweries, Total Plc, P&G pursuit for now..
I work hard, read hard, teach hard(teachng maths, furthermaths and basic tech in my school) (side Job) and i believe God will reward me in due time..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Gboliwe: 2:08am On Sep 26, 2013
zada: @Gboliwe, go and read victosin09 and avictomama thread. Then u will understand that it takes a lot of hardwork before seeking Gods intervention. Instead of u play hating on this thread,why u sound funny is simply the fact that u refuse to learn and on that note is why u behave like this. U r hear complaining, wen u jus passed out this year, I wonda wat odas of several years wld do. Better learn to upgrade ursef like u hv been advice and stop whinning.
Gazali go and sit down if you dont have anything to say. Everything you are saying here is so unrelated to the thread.

Just so you know, I have not whined neither have I complained.

I didnt finish my service this year or last year or the one before or the one before before cool
point is, stick to topic and dont derail.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by zada(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2013
@Gboliwe, thank u oga moderator, for am leaving u here to continue with ur ignorance. Let me go make some money. Oga complainer wey no wan gree say him dey complain!
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Ezemarcel(m): 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Zada and gboliwe, poverty is a disease that is capable of reducing the efficiency of the brain..ur brains can do more than what u guys doing now,so think

2 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Gboliwe: 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
zada: @Gboliwe, thank u oga moderator, for am leaving u here to continue with ur ignorance. Let me go make some money. Oga complainer wey no wan gree say him dey complain!
we all strive to make money Gazali and no matter how busy you are, you still have a 'you' or 'me' time otherwise known as leisure time.
I come here during my leisure time, learn to do so also and dont mix money making time with ur leisure. When next you come around, show me where I complained here, if you cant, apologise for wrong accusation take my advice, better ur life and move on.

4 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Tuntheycr7: 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
Crazy things bawo?
Op wen u opend anoda thread lyk funniest things we xperncd durin job huntin flas mi

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by crowntoro(f): 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
Its a pity u didnt even know d year u finished NYSC! Dont know wat u wld av said if u were asked in an interview..... Smh.try to edit ur thread cos batch B 2012 corp members did deir passing out parade on the 6th of june, 2013.

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by omenpetrol: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2013
crowntoro: Its a pity u didnt even know d year u finished NYSC! Dont know wat u wld av said if u were asked in an interview..... Smh.try to edit ur thread cos batch B 2012 corp members did deir passing out parade on the 6th of june, 2013.
bla bla bla. i guess i got my dates wrong..... error noted
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Aitee1: 7:24pm On May 20, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

Post dated September, 2013 undecided

Nairaland mods sef lipsrsealed
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by umarc19: 7:24pm On May 20, 2015
WTF shocked, do you mean all these awaits me after my service?

Oh God the Almighty, your favours are unending, please do not make us suffer this much when 'Job Hunting'.

Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by shachris02: 7:25pm On May 20, 2015
jobs? What Jobs? #teamselfemployedandlovingit cool
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by echelons(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2015
Keep pushing. Your dedication will be rewarded soon.
Hope you are preparing adequately. Opportunities only meet preparation.

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Truman155(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2015
issokey.... noted crazy things I will do while I hunt for antelope.......
in fact I will not hunt for job I will create jobs I am an entrepreneur
I did entrepreneurship in school
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by kimond101: 7:26pm On May 20, 2015
Sigh
I went on google to get the names of all oil companies in Lagos. Then I typed cover letter for each one and attached my cv. Then I sent it to all the
companies.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy / Phillips Outsourcing Invitation For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.