Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC (26553 Views)

I Got A Job After 6month I Was Interviewed / Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by braine(m): 7:26pm On May 20, 2015
Alot
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 20, 2015
omenpetrol:
I taught my self how to trade, I read about 12 books I started practising with a demo account after I left school in 2011. Forex trading is not a job, its online any body can do it. Why would I lie?

disregard the skink jhoor.
in other matters, we are almost alike but I didn't apply for jobs ever. just stuck to forex for years. lost no less than 15m before I got a grip of it.
just be determined in whatever way you choose.

2 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 20, 2015
Sorry about that, some people lack sense o humor.
Gboliwe:
Don't let me start on my own o. Its been one hell of a ride but you know what, I think i've paid the unemployment dues. I'm begining to feel a bit good.

I once went for an aptitude test, came out flying, got a slot for interview, smashed! When it was time for the final one with one woman who looked like Jezebel, (i'm certain she is Jezebel reincarnate) she didnt even let me sit down before insulting me. Asked me rudely why I was walking the way I was (I have a badleg, so I limp), how that they run a corporate organisation and would hate to have someone limping around in the office. I think that was the biggest insult I ever received looking for a job. To think I wasn't applying for or in a modelling outfit, nor was I up for a frontdesk receptionist offer. I mean, with my qualification, I should have an office locked up somewhere.

Any way, its there loss. I learnt from that and I am doing better now than then
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Truman155(m): 7:31pm On May 20, 2015
kimond101:
Sigh
I went on google to get the names of all oil companies in Lagos. Then I typed cover letter for each one and attached my cv. Then I sent it to all the companies
companies.
dude that's so Torching #group hug
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by bamirotola: 7:32pm On May 20, 2015
omenpetrol:
I finished NYSC on the 6th of July 2013 (batch b) and the journey afterwards has be tough

1. I wrote and aptitude test with Philips consulting for Heritage bank in April and passed, traveled from kwara where i was serving for interview only to be turned down because i hadn't yet completed my nysc and i had just 3 weeks left. (disappointment no 1)
2. wrote standard chartered online test twice and flopped. ((disappointment no 2)
3.Went to submit my Cv at enterprise bank at Wuse zone 5 the woman Rudely turned me down so i Gate crashed Enterprise bank test they balloted i didn't pick a number. ( disappointment no 3)
4. submitted my cv physically at unity bank they called for test i wasn't called i gate crashed but was not allowed to write. (disappointment number 4)
5. have been submitting my cvs both online and physically all around Abuja and networking with people i meet at test venues yet no breakthrough (you go to submit CV and security men would be feeling important) how sad
5. Posy gave me 100K to do forex trading (i demo traded successfully for a year and half) i have lost 40k in 2months.
6.have a test in Lagos next week. would use the opportunity to submit my CV at major banks hq

Its had been really though cos you need to handle alot of thoughts and you could lose you mind, infact sometimes i just wished i was a kid again.
i know mine is not the worst case but its bad. please share your stories lets encourage each other.
Na hard life we dey live for this naija...
1) I applied at a real estate firm, was called for interview, left osogbo (my ppa) for d interview, on getting there d man asked for who came with complimentary card, 2 hours later d dude with complimentary card came forward, nd we were told we'l b contacted later...
Went for another after nysc, got dissapointed getting to know it's all these GNLD people asking me to pay 9500
Went for another in lagos that is school and GP biased..he asked dose with 1st class in some certain university (wnt mention names so u wnt feel fly) to come in for interview, later called the 2.1 of d same set of university.. but my humble self finished with 2.1 but my university wasn't called..was dissapointed again.. me still dey find work anyway.. but I don lock up cos d money I don spend on traveling for interview fot build house..... God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by axeman10(m): 7:38pm On May 20, 2015
Back in those days, I virtually toured the entire nation in the name of job hunt...I was a mini 'Ajala:...from Lagos to Benin, from PH to Abuja to Ibadan...gone were those days.

I became a master aptitude test 'passer' and a mega interview flop.

If only I knew that my stepping stone to getting a head start and fairly good pay with one of the big 4 audit firms was just 3 blocks away from my house (my neighbour knew someone who knew someone cheesy) I wouldn't have done all the Ajala travelling at all.

Thanking God for blessing me hussles.

4 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Petra23(f): 7:42pm On May 20, 2015
Hmmm.My NYSC ended on the 16th of October,2014. since then,i've been giving out my cv to family and friends.hoping for d best.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by cabjoy(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2015
is over 3 years after service no employment

my frnd introduce to naijabet it have been paying i can smile back home with 3500 everyday

na godwin

7 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 20, 2015
Passed out in February 2014,,,
Worked as a taxi driver in Bayelsa (Yenagoa-Amassoma) from March to May 2o14,
Got my first 'job' with Union Assurance in May 2o14, while I still searched for a real job,
wrote CBT for UAC, KPMG, Shell, Zenith Bank,
went for 3 days training for YouWIN!3 after passing the first round at Awka, applied for Ministry of Foreign Affairs which we are yet to hear from, PTI, FAAN, etc...
Was knocked out from the final stages of YouWIN3, just concluded Immigration recruitment, NAMPAK cartons, etc
wasn't shortlisted at all for some applications like, Nigeria Stock Exchange 2014, Delta State CSC, SURE-P GIS, INEC, etc...
Lost my girlfriend in the period because she needed me to 'up my game and go get my hustle up.',...
I worked in a private school for a while, now I'm back in school for my Masters...
I realized I have to go for more studies while I wait for my opportunity...
I cannot fit kill myself by myself...
@OP,,, so how far? Where are you now? I rep team NYSC/KW/13A...

4 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 20, 2015
cabjoy:
is over 3 years after service no employment

my frnd introduce to naijabet it have been paying i can smile back home with 3500 everyday

na godwin
ROTFLMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by initialize(m): 7:51pm On May 20, 2015
It is well....

Finished Nysc Batch A 2013.......

Searched, got tired, later saw but declined cos I didn't feel the need to apply effort I could use to develop myself onto another man's purpose.

I'm Init today and I'm thanking God for that.

Let's not stay idle in the course of searching. Nairaland Biz section has lot of start-up information

3 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 20, 2015
bamirotola:

Na hard life we dey live for this naija...
1) I applied at a real estate firm, was called for interview, left osogbo (my ppa) for d interview, on getting there d man asked for who came with complimentary card, 2 hours later d dude with complimentary card came forward, nd we were told we'l b contacted later...
Went for another after nysc, got dissapointed getting to know it's all these GNLD people asking me to pay 9500
Went for another in lagos that is school and GP biased..he asked dose with 1st class in some certain university (wnt mention names so u wnt feel fly) to come in for interview, later called the 2.1 of d same set of university.. but my humble self finished with 2.1 but my university wasn't called..was dissapointed again.. me still dey find work anyway.. but I don lock up cos d money I don spend on traveling for interview fot build house..... God bless Nigeria

Dude, are you seriously serious? shocked shocked shocked.

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by lafex: 7:54pm On May 20, 2015
omenpetrol:
I finished NYSC on the 6th of July 2013 (batch b) and the journey afterwards has be tough

1. I wrote and aptitude test with Philips consulting for Heritage bank in April and passed, traveled from kwara where i was serving for interview only to be turned down because i hadn't yet completed my nysc and i had just 3 weeks left. (disappointment no 1)
2. wrote standard chartered online test twice and flopped. ((disappointment no 2)
3.Went to submit my Cv at enterprise bank at Wuse zone 5 the woman Rudely turned me down so i Gate crashed Enterprise bank test they balloted i didn't pick a number. ( disappointment no 3)
4. submitted my cv physically at unity bank they called for test i wasn't called i gate crashed but was not allowed to write. (disappointment number 4)
5. have been submitting my cvs both online and physically all around Abuja and networking with people i meet at test venues yet no breakthrough (you go to submit CV and security men would be feeling important) how sad
5. Posy gave me 100K to do forex trading (i demo traded successfully for a year and half) i have lost 40k in 2months.
6.have a test in Lagos next week. would use the opportunity to submit my CV at major banks hq

Its had been really though cos you need to handle alot of thoughts and you could lose you mind, infact sometimes i just wished i was a kid again.
i know mine is not the worst case but its bad. please share your stories lets encourage each other.
I finished service with u and unemployed also but doing good and also in abuja with u. Let's meet to rub mind together and make things better
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Raylight2(m): 7:55pm On May 20, 2015
start business jare... entrepreneurship will save you the stress.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by chucksbadt(m): 7:58pm On May 20, 2015
Finished my NYSC just this year(February 2015), i have applied to over 50 firms so far, with no reply, went for an interview at UBA bank, but no response ever since. Really need someone here in PH like me so we could rub minds together.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by bestdannyever(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2015
Hi There is a job fair on Saturday

The guys speaking will be

1. Join Opeyemi Awoyemi (Co-Founder, ),
2. Aruosa Osemwegie (Coordinator, HR School)
3. Mr. Yinka Sanni (CEO, Stanbic IBTC Bank)

Its a Career fair and Seminar tagged: "Get Employed; Remain Employed".

Over 12 International Companies would also be recruiting and doing on-the-spot interviews, so come along with your CV and dress formal on Saturday 6th June, 2015 by 9am prompt at David's Christian Center By Meadow Hall School, Elegushi Beach road, Lekki 3rd Roundabout, Lagos.

Admission is ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!! Enquiries (08157004444). -

https://www.facebook.com/dcclagos

http://davidschristiancentre.org/

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by febbymi: 8:06pm On May 20, 2015
Raylight2:
start business jare... entrepreneurship will save you the stress.
You people will just be saying start business all over the place. fresh off nysc, na kunu u wan dey sell

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 20, 2015
chucksbadt:
Finished my NYSC just this year(February 2015), i have applied to over 50 firms so far, with no reply, went for an interview at UBA bank, but no response ever since. Really need someone here in PH like me so we could rub minds together.
LOL we are together, finished service just two months ago.
currently undergoing a training in bonny island with hyundai.
idleness kills!

2 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by nattty(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2015
Bro just pray 4 grace, its all about grace bro...

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by damiloladuke: 8:20pm On May 20, 2015
Stop looking for Jobs, create one.

You could Start a blog with just N3000 and I can teach you how to make N40000 monthly without stress.

call 08038606260
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by chucksbadt(m): 8:26pm On May 20, 2015
kadgets:
LOL we are together, finished service just two months ago.
currently undergoing a training in bonny island with hyundai.
idleness kills!

mehn its not easy at all.....God knows best sha.....would lyk 2 av an insight abt the training in Bonny....hpe u dont mind
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by MissSlimbody(f): 8:26pm On May 20, 2015
crowntoro:
Its a pity u didnt even know d year u finished NYSC! Dont know wat u wld av said if u were asked in an interview..... Smh.try to edit ur thread cos batch B 2012 corp members did deir passing out parade on the 6th of june, 2013.

POP might be 6th of june, but I'm sure its written as 6th of july in the certicatesmiley

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Missmossy(f): 8:27pm On May 20, 2015
Eeyah,lot of disheartening experiences, the system here in Nigeria doesn't guarantee jobs. One has to be very prepared in all ramifications.

By His grace,i won't have to struggle too hard before i get a job. It is well with us.

4 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by stlarry001(m): 8:28pm On May 20, 2015
For your Educational,Entertainment Trending News and inspirational post visit www.academicmerit..com and like our page on facebook Academic Merit

share if you find the site interesting.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by singlefade25(f): 8:41pm On May 20, 2015
davide470:
Though still serving, batch A to be precise:
I have written KPMG, Shell, Standard Chartered (didnt quite scale thru these), now am on Cons. breweries, Total Plc, P&G pursuit for now..
I work hard, read hard, teach hard(teachng maths, furthermaths and basic tech in my school) (side Job) and i believe God will reward me in due time..
God has rewarded you.....halleluyah

4 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by STolulope(m): 8:42pm On May 20, 2015
Gboliwe:
Don't let me start on my own o. Its been one hell of a ride but you know what, I think i've paid the unemployment dues. I'm begining to feel a bit good.

I once went for an aptitude test, came out flying, got a slot for interview, smashed! When it was time for the final one with one woman who looked like Jezebel, (i'm certain she is Jezebel reincarnate) she didnt even let me sit down before insulting me. Asked me rudely why I was walking the way I was (I have a badleg, so I limp), how that they run a corporate organisation and would hate to have someone limping around in the office. I think that was the biggest insult I ever received looking for a job. To think I wasn't applying for or in a modelling outfit, nor was I up for a frontdesk receptionist offer. I mean, with my qualification, I should have an office locked up somewhere.

That was super mean of her. So sorry to hear that. I hope you have gotten something good doing now.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by morgang(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2015
Still wondering how to go about it in advance because of my waec date of birth mistake. Although I've an affidavit... Only God knows whatsup

Any hope
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by pastorsmiling(m): 8:47pm On May 20, 2015
All we be well my bro!
They criticized me here when my online application for job reached 1100 some promise to assist me anyway but with God on our side we shall get there soon and we will come back here and testisfy to encourage others who are in our shoes.
ONE LOVE!
quote author=omenpetrol post=18271115]I finished NYSC on the 6th of July 2013 (batch b) and the journey afterwards has be tough

i know mine is not the worst case but its bad. please share your stories lets encourage each other.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 20, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
I dont submit cv again,i dont apply for job vacancies online...
I do networking,it hasnt paid off yet though.still thinking about starting my own bizness coz i have gone to the extent of enveloping my Cv and dropping them on vehicles windscreen @ rccg camp ground in ph.the other mode i used in getting my cv to the desk of directors and hiring managers....i wont spill!
No job yet.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by tanimola22: 9:09pm On May 20, 2015
Gboliwe:

That woman abused you with what you can't change. Please forgive her, I know it's not easy. One day, one day, those who have exalted themselves thinking that they're some kind of god, they'll answer to God.

2 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by tanimola22: 9:14pm On May 20, 2015
kimond101:
Sigh
I went on google to get the names of all oil companies in Lagos. Then I typed cover letter for each one and attached my cv. Then I sent it to all the
companies.

Good move. Follow this up with actually contacting people that work in this company via Linkedin. Make sure your LinkedIn profile is as sweet as it can be. Also add ground hassle to your portfolio of job search strategies..One day, you'll tell a good story, a story of triumph.

1 Like

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by tanimola22: 9:17pm On May 20, 2015
axeman10:
Back in those days, I virtually toured the entire nation in the name of job hunt...I was a mini 'Ajala:...from Lagos to Benin, from PH to Abuja to Ibadan...gone were those days.

I became a master aptitude test 'passer' and a mega interview flop.

If only I knew that my stepping stone to getting a head start and fairly good pay with one of the big 4 audit firm was just 3 blocks away from my house (my neighbour knew someone that knew someone cheesy) I wouldn't have done all the Ajala travelling at all.

Thanking God for blessing me hussles.

It was worth it. You learned something. If things require you to replicate the same action today, you won't have difficulty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) / Phillips Outsourcing Invitation For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.