Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC (26572 Views)

I Got A Job After 6month I Was Interviewed / Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by chucksbadt(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2015
Alcheringa:

Hello Chuks. I'm in PH too. When xactly did you do the interview with UBA, because I did same & hv not heard from.them Since?
Send me a PM lets relate more. Cheers!

Sent you a PM bro...still waiting for a reply
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by chukwuka14(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2015
cabjoy:
is over 3 years after service no employment

my frnd introduce to naijabet it have been paying i can smile back home with 3500 everyday

na godwin

Abeg how you take dey do am oooo...waiting for your reply
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by KELVIN086: 7:47pm On May 22, 2015
bamirotola:

Na hard life we dey live for this naija...
1) I applied at a real estate firm, was called for interview, left osogbo (my ppa) for d interview, on getting there d man asked for who came with complimentary card, 2 hours later d dude with complimentary card came forward, nd we were told we'l b contacted later...
Went for another after nysc, got dissapointed getting to know it's all these GNLD people asking me to pay 9500
Went for another in lagos that is school and GP biased..he asked dose with 1st class in some certain university (wnt mention names so u wnt feel fly) to come in for interview, later called the 2.1 of d same set of university.. but my humble self finished with 2.1 but my university wasn't called..was dissapointed again.. me still dey find work anyway.. but I don lock up cos d money I don spend on traveling for interview fot build house..... God bless Nigeria

which kain thing be this, so dem don leave g.p dey recruit by school wey person finish from
oga abeg tell us the names of the universities the guy call,
or if you no fit tell us for here publicly, u fit send am go my mail. osaskelvin73@yahoo.com grin grin
abeg i just need to satisfy my curiosity
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by bamirotola: 11:07pm On May 22, 2015
KELVIN086:

which kain thing be this, so dem don leave g.p dey recruit by school wey person finish from
oga abeg tell us the names of the universities the guy call,
or if you no fit tell us for here publicly, u fit send am go my mail. osaskelvin73@yahoo.com grin grin
abeg i just need to satisfy my curiosity
You need to take your time and read my comment very well... I said. 1st clas from certain schools and 2.1 from certain school... like I said ain't mentioning names of school.. can't force you to believe it... be Good bro
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by KELVIN086: 11:00am On May 23, 2015
bamirotola:

You need to take your time and read my comment very well... I said. 1st clas from certain schools and 2.1 from certain school... like I said ain't mentioning names of school.. can't force you to believe it... be Good bro

i never said i did not believe you, what i meant is that im actually shocked that companies now recruit by school one finished from which to me is very bad,
i believe everyone should be given the chance to prove his/herself and defend his/her result and school in the test/interview
i know if you post it here some students /grads of those schools would start feeling fly and superior to others.
so sir i would be very grateful if you can send the name of the schools the guy mentioned to my email( osaskelvin73@yahoo.com )as this would help me in my choice of school for my masters program here in nigeria. im currently serving and would love to do my masters immediately i finish service, thnk you very much sir.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by XPresie: 9:10am On May 24, 2015
KELVIN086:

i never said i did not believe you, what i meant is that im actually shocked that companies now recruit by school one finished from which to me is very bad,
i believe everyone should be given the chance to prove his/herself and defend his/her result and school in the test/interview
i know if you post it here some students /grads of those schools would start feeling fly and superior to others.
so sir i would be very grateful if you can send the name of the schools the guy mentioned to my email( osaskelvin73@yahoo.com )as this would help me in my choice of school for my masters program here in nigeria. im currently serving and would love to do my masters immediately i finish service, thnk you very much sir.

So, when you choose one of the (maybe 10) Approved Institutions, by A School Recruiting a Teacher, to do your Masters, and before you're done, another (maybe a Better) Firm is said to have Preferred some others, you'll stop or still do another Masters. You may later need to do a Masters in like almost all Institutions before your mind settles.

Do you know the fact that Job Market is no more referred to as Labour but FAVOUR Market. You'd forgotten or do not believe it hmmm!
It's either you are DIRECTLY Favoured by God; or Through Someone He (God) has decided to use for you - Man-Know-Man/gods-Father.

I was in a Final Interview and my Interviewers kept wondering how I got to that level after being through my Credentials.
"Were these your Credts screened?"
"Yes ma, by Mr. Yinka after I passed the 1st Screening."
"...and Yinka saw your WAEC Result and passed you! Wondersss.."
"He actually separated some of the papers but later gathered them back and returned them to me."

"You have no banking experience, who interviewed you at the first and second levels?"
"No sir, I don't have. Mr Dejobi for first level and Mrs Payne for second level."
"Have you counted money before, how much?"
"Yes sir, I was an accountant for a Telecom Sub-Dealer, I counted Millions of Naira daily, sometime up to Six Million".
"Ok, did you tell the other Interviewers that?"
"No, I didn't."
"You didn't tell them?"
"No, I did not. They didn't ask such things sir."

"Do you know anyone in this bank?"
"No one ma, I know nobody."

..all those stuffs continued for about 10 out of 27 minutes I was with them. I did well in responding to other queries from them and would have thought I already got the job but I had to worry, because the two of them said something like (as if) I wasn't qualified.
Meanwhile, I got not only the job, but also contacts of one of the Interviewers, and two people at WAEC (Lagos and Ibadan Offices) who could assist Regularize my Result. I also got recommended for the HR as a Marketer because I did market very well for them in the interview, even (tho) I hate Selling/Marketing thingys(*coz am d Shyin typ*), and I didn't lobby for anything. They all came Freely to me; Direct Favour!
It was one of my best Outings so far But I wouldn't have attended it if had known that some stuffs disqualified me. And since then, I don't stop people from trying if they have the means to expend on such Trial, afterall, it's No Crime.

Bros, steering your life vehicle on the influence of everything you see on the road is very dangerous; it could even turn you to a reckless driver, if not a mad one, instead of a clever & careful one you had desired to be.
God bless your ways as you take time to read and understand better than I was able to write...

2 Likes

Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 24, 2015
XPresie:

So, when you choose one of the (maybe 10) Approved Institutions, by A School Recruiting a Teacher, to do your Masters, and before you're done, another (maybe a Better) Firm is said to have Preferred some others, you'll stop or still do another Masters. You may later need to do a Masters in like almost all Institutions before your mind settles.

Do you know the fact that Job Market is no more referred to as Labour but FAVOUR Market. You'd forgotten or do not believe it hmmm!
It's either you are DIRECTLY Favoured by God; or Through Someone He (God) has decided to use for you - Man-Know-Man/gods-Father.

I was in a Final Interview and my Interviewers kept wondering how I got to that level after being through my Credentials.
"Were these your Credts screened?"
"Yes ma, by Mr. Yinka after I passed the 1st Screening."
"...and Yinka saw your WAEC Result and passed you! Wondersss.."
"He actually separated some of the papers but later gathered them back and returned them to me."

"You have no banking experience, who interviewed you at the first and second levels?"
"No sir, I don't have. Mr Dejobi for first level and Mrs Payne for second level."
"Have you counted money before, how much?"
"Yes sir, I was an accountant for a Telecom Sub-Dealer, I counted Millions of Naira daily, sometime up to Six Million".
"Ok, did you tell the other Interviewers that?"
"No, I didn't."
"You didn't tell them?"
"No, I did not. They didn't ask such things sir."

"Do you know anyone in this bank?"
"No one ma, I know nobody."

..all those stuffs continued for about 10 out of 27 minutes I was with them. I did well in responding to other queries from them and would have thought I already got the job but I had to worry, because the two of them said something like (as if) I wasn't qualified.
Meanwhile, I got not only the job, but also contacts of one of the Interviewers, and two people at WAEC (Lagos and Ibadan Offices) who could assist Regularize my Result. I also got recommended for the HR as a Marketer because I did market very well for them in the interview, even (tho) I hate Selling/Marketing thingys(*coz am d Shyin typ*), and I didn't lobby for anything. They all came Freely to me; Direct Favour!
It was one of my best Outings so far But I wouldn't have attended it if had known that some stuffs disqualified me. And since then, I don't stop people from trying if they have the means to expend on such Trial, afterall, it's No Crime.

Bros, steering your life vehicle on the influence of everything you see on the road is very dangerous; it could even turn you to a reckless driver, if not a mad one, instead of a clever & careful one you had desired to be.
God bless your ways as you take time to read and understand better than I was able to write...

God's unmerited favour
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by sambina: 6:09pm On May 24, 2015
Avictomama:

1) Ma guy, as regards heritage bank. U are one lucky chap. I completed my service in july 2013 too. Wrote d test, passed, was turned back from d interview venue by workforce cos of nysc cert, luckily for me heritage called back immediately after my passing out, passed all d stages and got to d final stage where i was dropped on the guise of waiting list. It was very painful, considering that I was coming from ibadan everytime. Overall, I spent like 15k chasing that job.

2) advise for u. Stop gatecrashin and stressing urself submittin physical cv. The internet (infact nairaland) is sufficient for that purpose. I've never submitted any physical cv, yet i've had to select test and interviews to attend cos of transport fare. So stick to online jobhunting and stop giving these gatemen levels.

3) Keep developing urself as regards aptitude test and interviews.

4) u must understand that your time will come. Its about being patient. I read a story on nairaland of a guy who just got three job offers. But before that, he has written and failed over 25 aptitude test over a period of a year and half after nysc

4) a bit of encouragement. After writing more than 10 aptitude test and attending 8 interviews, i finally, just got a job in one of the big four. How's that for timing... Just keep urself prepared, and your time would come...
. bro pls I sent u a mail via ur blog contacts..d content of d mail was simply me requesting a sample of ur cv.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by XPresie: 5:05pm On May 26, 2015
IHate9ja1:

God's unmerited favour
....u so much hate naija that u can't hide it at all, and that is just it. There is always Merit means and the Other everywhere, even in developed settings we all know. If u want it all merit ehnn, u wait for God to come do it.
It could be too much here we are but its the Fact we have to face.
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 26, 2015
lafex:
Let's fix day and time to converge here in abuja to discuss the way forward rather than lammenting here on nairaland. I believe if we can put head together and work as a team things will go in positive directiton us.
Gud but am out of abuja now 4 just 3 weeks am in sha
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by lafex: 6:07am On May 27, 2015
K which area are u, am at dutse Alhaji
Oprahlopex:

Gud but am out of abuja now 4 just 3 weeks am in sha
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 28, 2015
lafex:
K which area are u, am at dutse Alhaji
Bwari
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by lafex: 6:11am On May 29, 2015
Oprahlopex:

Bwari
that's nice , when u will be available at zenith bank, dutse
Re: CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC by Raylight2(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2015
febbymi:

You people will just be saying start business all over the place. fresh off nysc, na kunu u wan dey sell
think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy / Phillips Outsourcing Invitation For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.