Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication (16716 Views)

NUC Dissociates Self From Alleged Nigerian University Ranking / NUC Dissociates Self From Alleged NUC Ranking Of Nigerian Universities / OAU Students Disown Self From New NANS President Who Claims To Be Their Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by gokuu(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
DISCLAIMER

Our attention has been drawn to a publication containing research purportedly written by one of the Part Time Postgraduate Diploma Students in the Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Lagos - Stanley Amalaha, titled “Science of Gay Marriage” in THISDAY Newspapers of 5th September, 2013 and on several blogs on the Internet.

The University of Lagos writes to dissociate itself in its entirety from the actions, publications and research of this individual. We further state, for the avoidance of doubt, that his publication has nothing to do with his programme and has no relationship to his studentship of the University. Indeed our postgraduate diploma students ordinarily only take conversion courses to improve their capability for the chosen specialization and do not undertake research. The case of the writer who has a background in Education (Chemistry) is not different.

Although the University is a market place of different views and ideas, its platform should not be used for the propagation of ill-conceived, unsubstantiated and ill-digested opinions that have no basis in rigorous empirical research. The University of Lagos, which stands for excellence in teaching and research, cannot and should not be associated with such puerile and pseudo-scientific postulations.
The University reaffirms its mission, which is to be a top-class institution for the pursuit of excellence in knowledge through learning and research as well as in character and service to humanity.

Toyin Adebule,
Deputy Registrar
(Information)

Back to news page |posted on 20, Sep 2013
http://unilag.edu.ng/newsdetails.php?NewsID=1332

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by shortgun(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
So what are they saying undecided

This write-up is supposedly coming from professors, doctors,phd holders e.t.c, yet one cannot make sense of the article.

I've always said, the problems of Education in Nigeria is with the Lecturers and managers of our Universities.

How come the road side mechanics,bricklayers,carpenters are able to train their apprentices to become experts and in turn train others, yet our lecturers with their doctorate degrees n ph.ds cannot produce a graduate who can create job for himself not to talk of creating employment for others.

35 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Mexyz(m): 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
@shortgun, God bless u my brother. I can't even read any meaning to this writeup.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Ustec: 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ok
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by oluwadare26(m): 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nigeria Universities sabi disclaim big time...the guy should be encourage. if know if the guy were to be a student of Harvard University he would be celebrated
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
HAHAHAHA
FAILURE IS AN ORPHAN
DENYING ONE OF THEIR OWN
WHILE THEY'RE @IT THEY CAN REVOKE
MR. SHAME (OGA @D TOP)'S DEGREE
AND SACK THAT BONEHEADED PROFESSOR
THAT WAS ON ALJAZEERA

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by highmood(m): 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
The publication didn't impress them and so they have no option but to disassociate themselves from it. I read the publication. Which kind of weak research be that sef. E funny and too cheap no be small. First page things shocked

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ok, this ends our nairaland weekly gay dosage undecided

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by eyenCalabar(m): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
Is gay marriage now a science?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
shortgun: So what are they saying undecided

This write-up is supposedly coming from professors, doctors,phd holders e.t.c, yet one cannot make sense of the article.

I've always said, the problems of Education in Nigeria is with the Lecturers and managers of our Universities.

How come the road side mechanics,bricklayers,carpenters are able to train their apprentices to become experts and in turn train others, yet our lecturers with their doctorate degrees n ph.ds cannot produce a graduate who can create job for himself not to talk of creating employment for others.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

Now I know examination is not the true test of knowledge...

Studying to pass and studying to know are two different concepts.

It's such a huge shame that the paradigm of Nigeria employment criteria is based on grades... Neglecting the test for knowledge.
So disheartening.

6 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by nerodenero: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nonsense
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by 3ace(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
How do I make a sensible comment now when I don't even know what the article entails.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
I thought you guys are on strike??

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by SamAfrik(m): 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
There was nothing scientific abt d write up. Still wondering how Thisday could publish such. The media attention it received is an insult & indictment of Nigeria's education.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by TeeSeven(m): 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
@Shortgun: Your 'writeup, which is in itself a 'misfiring', ' simply shows that you need some education!
Please try and read again.
shortgun: So what are they saying undecided

22 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by 3ace(m): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
highmood: The publication didn't impress them and so they have no option but to disassociate themselves from it. I read the publication. Which kind of weak research be that sef. E funny and too cheap no be small. First page things shocked
If the research was weak and cheap, how come it made news on THISDAY Newspaper?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
there is no room for tolerating mediocrity

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by yuncka: 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
ASUU & Federal Govt finally reached a conclusion...
Federal Govt is to provide 16 virgins, 40 tubers of yam, 28 live aligators, 2 baskets of kolanut and 120 kegs of palmwine on or b4 full moon.
School resumes in 4 Eke market days.
The gods have spoken!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by sCun: 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
That guy was sponsored by gay rights propagandists, people need to start thinking outside the box. The idea is to ridicule Nigerians who don't approve of homosexuality by coming out with such a ridiculous experiment. Gay right propagandists will go to any length to push forward their agenda.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by taiocol: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
3ace: If the research was weak and cheap, how come it made news on THISDAY Newspaper?
bcause ntin was available for publicationcheesy

8 Likes

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
That guy is dumb and his lecturere too grin grin
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
MAULAG OR UNILAG

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
Good one
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
I am about to be banned for ever on nairaland by sexkillzzzzzzzz
Scun: I believe that guy knows what he is doing, he is either a sympathizer for homosexuality or gay himself.
he looks gay, i can bet my life on it, he is gay and scared.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by sCun: 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
To all those using this opportunity to blast our education system, that guy might just be more intelligent than you for all we know. I believe that guy knows what he is doing, he is either a sympathizer for homosexuality or gay himself.
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Roseey0(f): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
Where is the publication they are disassociating themself?
Is it the like pole and unlike pole theory?
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by maafen: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
ℓ thought ASUU is on strike why should tђε̲̣̣̣̥ registrar be making official statements.
If that guy wants †☹ do gay research or practice it he better go W̶̲̥̅̊hε̲̣̣̣̥я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ it is telorated. So he can have many specimens Fø̲̣̣я proper researchand practicals biko.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by sCun: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
I don't know how people believe such a grown man like that will really come up with something like that without having an ulterior motive. Those of you claiming to have better education, should learn to think outside the box. In this 21st century, not all things are really what they seem to be.
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
There is this yoruba saying that fit in here.... Igba isoro la n mon ara eni.

If the student has achieved greatly from another project, the school admin would give him support and attest firmly to this but now that it brought shame to them, they are kicking against it. No way
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Standing5(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
Glory husstler
Re: UNILAG Dissociates Self From Unscientific Publication by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
oluwadare26: Nigeria Universities sabi disclaim big time...the guy should be encourage. if know if the guy were to be a student of Harvard University he would be celebrated

Your post showcases complete ignorance about academic research.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Study In Saudi Arabia With Full Scholarship (100% Scholarship) / Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out / How To Get 2019 JAMB Epin For Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.