Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,523 members, 7,861,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

What Would Heaven Be Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Heaven Be Like? (476 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Heaven Be Like? by PastorOluT(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
This thread is not for atheist or any that dont believe in Heaven, so do not bother to drop by. The thread is meant for those that believe in Heaven and are going there.
I have always wondered what Heaven would look like from my tender age, after encountering Christ and studying the scriptures it is now becoming clearer to me. Formerly I (and I believe many other) use to think Heaven is all clouds with innumerable number of choristers doing nothing other than singing praises to God for all eternity, but over the years looking at the scriptures closely it has painted beautiful pictures of Heaven that many desire to be there.
I believe the reason many also do not prepare as they ought for Heaven is because they dont know what to make of it. I know there are many bible scholars here to help paint from the scriptures Heaven that we all so look forward to.
Re: What Would Heaven Be Like? by PastorOluT(m): 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
There was this story of a slave during the era of slave trade that the master died and was told that the master had gone to Heaven, but he refused to believe. The slave remain adamant, not believing that the master had gone to Heaven which made many question him as to why he said that. He said the reason is simple because whenever the master wants to travel he kept on talking about it for weeks before eventually going and everyone would know where he was going, but he had never heard his master talk about Heaven, so the master had not gone to Heaven for if he was going to Heaven he would surely have been talking about it.

I guess the slave was right, the reason many do not talk about Heaven is because many are not going there!

1 Like

Re: What Would Heaven Be Like? by PastorOluT(m): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2013
Pastor Olu T: There was this story of a slave during the era of slave trade that the master died and was told that the master had gone to Heaven, but he refused to believe. The slave remain adamant, not believing that the master had gone to Heaven which made many question him as to why he said that. He said the reason is simple because whenever the master wants to travel he kept on talking about it for weeks before eventually going and everyone would know where he was going, but he had never heard his master talk about Heaven, so the master had not gone to Heaven for if he was going to Heaven he would surely have been talking about it.

I guess the slave was right, the reason many do not talk about Heaven is because many are not going there!

Where your treasure there your heart/mouth shall be, does it mean that no one believes in Heaven n going in this forum?
Re: What Would Heaven Be Like? by PastorOluT(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2013
"He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose" Jim Elliot

Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee. And He said unto them, verily I say unto you, there is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake. Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

Luke 18:28-30

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: What Would Heaven Be Like? by PastorOluT(m): 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
This is serious, does it mean no one has got any idea of Heaven n yet many believe so much in it?
Though I am still taking my time for I definitely have things to write about!
Re: What Would Heaven Be Like? by PastorOluT(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Pastor Olu T: This is serious, does it mean no one has got any idea of Heaven n yet many believe so much in it?
Though I am still taking my time for I definitely have things to write about!

(1) (Reply)

Praise Is A Duty PART 2 - Winning Each Day Devotional / God Loves Sinners / Should A Christian Fear Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.