Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. (843 Views)

"How Transparent Should Church Finances Be?" / Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? / Some Things That Attract Demons To People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. by henrychubayo: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
I ask this question cause i get the surprise of my life yesterday. I was seating down somewhere waiting for something when someone came to me and said "Hello brother here is your gift". At first, i thought its a new perfume cause of the way they package it and i collected. As he just step a few steps away from me, turn my back to see group of people men and women, young and old sharing the same package. i quickly open the package and saw that it was packaged condoms. Also the small tract i saw in the package was directing to where the church was located. Could it be that the church does not condemn fornication as the Bible does. What will they be preaching in the church if you condone badness. so is there any justification to these act of the church?

it didn't happen in Nija though.

i do appreciate your view.
Re: Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. by UyiIredia(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
No they shouldn't.
Re: Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. by EvilBrain1(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia: No they shouldn't.

You're right.

The christian thing to do is to promote the spread of HIV and maximise the number of women seeking abortions. Because we have to promote our religious nonsense no matter how much harm it does to the world.
Re: Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. by mcfynest(m): 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
depends on what the condoms are use for..... it may be a marriage seminar and a talk on family planning
Re: Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. by EvilBrain1(m): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
mcfynest: depends on what the condoms are use for..... it may be a marriage seminar and a talk on family planning

Married couples rarely use condoms. There are better means of contraception more suited to them.

Condoms are for people who are worried about STIs and HIV ie those with multiple sexual partners or those who are not in long term relationships.

People always think the moral issue with condoms is the unmarried sex, but they are wrong. The moral issue is with being willing to allow people to suffer and die from horrible diseases just so you can push your religious agenda. If you more worried about people having sex without consequences than you are about the spread of HIV then you are a bad person and you need to do some serious self examination.
Re: Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. by andyanders: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
It could be that they wanted to preach about the use of condoms by youths and why it should not be used as abstinence is the only way out rather than depending on condom which is equally a sin when you are not married.
Re: Should Church Share Condoms To People? Drop Your View Here. by EvilBrain1(m): 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
andyanders: It could be that they wanted to preach about the use of condoms by youths and why it should not be used as abstinence is the only way out rather than depending on condom which is equally a sin when you are not married.

Abstinence is not the only way out because abstinence doesn't work. This has been comprehensively proven beyond all reasonable doubt. Study after study shows that abstinence only education hardly delays sexual activity among teenagers and makes them more likely to not use condoms and therefore get pregnant or catch a disease. Its actually better to not provide sex education at all than to tell teenagers that the only or best option is to abstain. Even pastors can't abstain talk less of hȯrny teenagers who are curious about sex. Abstinence is only useful for hypocrites who value the appearance of holiness over actually doing what is right or what works.

Condoms work. There is no doubt about it. When used properly, they prevent unwanted pregnancies and stop the spread of HIV and all the major STIs. Anybody who discourages the widespread use of condoms is doing evil and contributing to the death of thousands.

What your religion says is irrelevant. We are talking about reality here.

(1) (Reply)

The Word Hell Fire Was A Con / T.b. Joshua : Africa, Stop Begging.sends Aid To Sierra Leone. / TB Joshua Is Right To Give Journalists Atthe Crash Site Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.