Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,645 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati (11306 Views)

See What This Man Thinks Of Buhari's 33-man Delegation To The US / Amaechi, Bakare, Others On Buhari’s 18-Man Delegation To US - Sahara Reporters / President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by takedat(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2013
gerald09:
Na wa oh a President of Africans largest, oil producing country and u expect my president to stay in "Queens" or probably a shack hotel in wart or Brooklyn. As long as its d president staying in dat Hotel am kool with it, dats the pucks of being president of an oil country.

Since u bring this up what kind of Hotel were u planning on him to stay?
That isn't the point of my argument. For the mere fact that SR got the name of the Hotel right and Abati never disproved it shows that there is iota of truth in what was reported. Where the president lodge is not what am worried about!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by YarisMan(m): 9:04am On Sep 23, 2013
''Other than them, the
only other persons who are in New York for the
UN General Assembly with the President’s
knowledge and approval are relevant ministers
and few essential aides.

President Jonathan’s official delegation is
definitely not out of proportion with Nigeria’s
size, role and relevance in Africa and the global
community.''

Did anybody notice that Abati is stylishly justifying SR reports by not giving us the exact number.
Mr Abati, pls give us the total number nah.
Wether you the boot lickers like it or not, Saharareporters' success far more outweigh their failures if any. During the days of Yaradua, they always get his itinerary right to the extent that the State house staff were compelled to swear an oath of secrecy. We need more of such for this kind of Nigerian government even to the level of local government.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by takedat(m): 9:10am On Sep 23, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Please. Stop writing plenty meaningless words; not interested. He who accuses shld provide 'proof' for d accusation, never d other way round. SIMPLE..... I bliv d reason Abati didn't say anytin about d Hotel tin is cos it's just too Ridiculous. Where do you expect d President to stay? Where are other Presidents staying? Where did other Nigerian Presidents stay when then visited? Oh I forgot! Maybe d President shld hv stayed in a motel Or perhaps even BEG one of d numerous Nigerians living in New York to accomodate him for d week, cos he is GEJ...
Why reply if you ain't interested? When did you join the bandwagon of wimps and whiners cos I am sure you are not dyslexic. The bone of contention is not where the president is staying or how much he is paying, it is in the 'details/clue' SR gave to buttress her story.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by awodman: 9:18am On Sep 23, 2013
take dat: That isn't the point of my argument. For the mere fact that SR got the name of the Hotel right and Abati never disproved it shows that there is iota of truth in what was reported. Where the president lodge is not what am worried about!
Ever heard about half truths and conjectures...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by jmaine: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2013
The president is supposed to stay in a motel to satisfy Sahara useless reporters and fans . . . .

Nonsense . . . . .
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by ilenaira: 9:49am On Sep 23, 2013
gerald09:
Na wa oh a President of Africans largest, oil producing country and u expect my president to stay in "Queens" or probably a shack hotel in wart or Brooklyn. As long as its d president staying in dat Hotel am kool with it, dats the pucks of being president of an oil country.

Since u bring this up what kind of Hotel were u planning on him to stay?
My brother, the 'perks' of being the president of Africa's largest oil producing country that imports its own produce,is in complete disarray, in which citizens can go for weeks without electricity and security is non-existent, should not include flying a large entourage to enjoy the amenities of places where proper leadership is practiced and demanded. Shame nor dey catch these people ni?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Andrew3(m): 9:50am On Sep 23, 2013
I am a 'believer', I believe.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by taharqa: 9:50am On Sep 23, 2013
take dat: Why reply if you ain't interested? When did you join the bandwagon of wimps and whiners cos I am sure you are not dyslexic. The bone of contention is not where the president is staying or how much he is paying, it is in the 'details/clue' SR gave to buttress her story.
So what is d significance/purpose for the 'details/clue' then?? @takedat, are u even listening to yourself?
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Konjour(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2013
Its possibly an exaggeration of figures by the Sahara reporters, but even if its true, is any sane person expecting him to confirm it? undecided
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by ifebosco: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2013
KwoiZabo: At least the president is aware that Sahara reporters make such allegations so he would always tread cautiously. Nice one Abati
who do you believe??gej or saharareporters??
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by takedat(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2013
taharqa: So what is d significance/purpose for the 'details/clue' then?? @takedat, are u even listening to yourself?
That there is an atom of truth in what was reported!
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:03am On Sep 23, 2013
He for go alone then SR for allow us rest
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by WhoDeyThere(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2013
Up NEPAAAAAAAAAAAA

Abeg who get sagem myx 2 charger
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2013
We keep pursuing shadows!
I think I blame Jonathan for having the time to be responding to these noise making detractors!
I am sure that if the reporter or investigator is among the entourage, his article would have been:

"Amiable President Jonathan to dazzle the world at UN"!

Eem, Ebuka! Ebuka!! Ebuka!!!

Please download the last night's broadcast of the Radio Biafra!
I missed the live transmission!
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Positiveminds(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2013
In so many ways we Nigerians contribute so much to the destruction of our country. Why do we always have to believe that whatever reports that come from outside are right?

I hope we will all finally be happy when we succeed in using social media and every other means to destroy the country.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Dee60: 10:05am On Sep 23, 2013
Why is Abati not able to give an exact number of people on the encourage?

He claimed that 'less than 30 landed with him'. Is nt that due to the fact that the plane cannot take more? he also said 'other than that, some ministers and aides...... Exactly how many is 'some'?

SR gave an exact number, why is the presidential playing around with letters?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Coolboi05(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2013
Survival of d FITTEST....... Battle between two GREAT LIERS...
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by ifebosco: 10:07am On Sep 23, 2013
jmaine: The president is supposed to stay in a motel to satisfy Sahara useless reporters and fans . . . .

Nonsense . . . . .
show some simplicity to the poor people in nigeria is highly needed in this time of our live,president most give us hope out of our hopelessness,most be a down to earth person
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by hyelhira: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2013
Fine Abati, the president is not going with 600. How many people are going with him? I hope it will not turn out like the other time at the AU Summit when nobody was available to give the planned address despite the multitude of Nigerian delegates at the summit. https://www.nairaland.com/1302601/jonathan-misses-speaking-slot-au
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by MahatmaGhandi: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2013
Sowore sahara reporters has become a source of serious concern for most of Nigeria's unbiased populace, it has moved from right thinking and unbiased reporting to a cynical and unreasonable media house . it hurts more because a few years ago sowore's sahara reports was one of Nigeria's most credible and fearless whistle blowers, but today many can barely read the headlines of their publications because of the mindless bias and hate with which they write and publish stories. I guess at the end the saying "all good things come to an end and every man carry within himself his own self destruct button" is once again the case
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Dee60: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2013
YarisMan: ''Other than them, the
only other persons who are in New York for the
UN General Assembly with the President’s
knowledge and approval are relevant ministers
and few essential aides.

President Jonathan’s official delegation is
definitely not out of proportion with Nigeria’s
size, role and relevance in Africa and the global
community.''

Did anybody notice that Abati is stylishly justifying SR reports by not giving us the exact number.
Mr Abati, pls give us the total number nah.
Wether you the boot lickers like it or not, Saharareporters' success far more outweigh their failures if any. During the days of Yaradua, they always get his itinerary right to the extent that the State house staff were compelled to swear an oath of secrecy. We need more of such for this kind of Nigerian government even to the level of local government.

Some of us did. There is no way to authenticate what SR said, but Abati's response has only helped to some extent to give credence to any speculation made by SR.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by olatiler(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2013
I gat 75% believe on SHR and 25% from that Foolish idiot called Abati base on false argument that he proof us during Madam PEJ illness b4 our madam come give thank that she has break Jesus Christ record that she died 7 Goood times and resurect at 777777777777777 times

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by fedimol: 10:12am On Sep 23, 2013
validplanet: y not ban that website?

It's a democracy not a dictatorship. They can't. Freedom of expression
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by jmaine: 10:18am On Sep 23, 2013
ifebosco: show some simplicity to the poor people in nigeria is highly needed in this time of our live,president most give us hope out of our hopelessness,most be a down to earth person

Yes, by pleasing a section in sleeping in a motel . . . . . .

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by obailala(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2013

The truth is that less than 30 persons arrived in New York with the President this morning as members of his entourage.
Someone has to explain properly to us the true meaning of the word entourage.

Other than them, the only other persons who are in New York for the UN General Assembly with the President’s knowledge and approval are relevant ministers and few essential aides
Now Mr Abati has clearly not included these 'relevant' ministers and their 'few' aides in his 30 person entourage. Now someone quickly needs to explain to Nigerians the true meaning of the word entourage.

We are certainly aware that many Nigerian citizens are currently on visits to New York. These persons are here for their own purposes and neither President Jonathan nor his administration has any responsibility for the presence of these persons in New York.
Hmmm.. many Nigerians suddenly decide to visit New-York for personal purposes.

Well, Mr Abati may not be lying after all but I can bet my last dime that he's telling half truths. We know the typical Nigerian style where the president goes with 30 people while the 30 people come with their personal assistants and other aides and then when you add the undisclosed number of ministers and their personal aides, assistants and even cooks, only God knows what the total number will be. The question I ask is, are all these people financing their travel from their pockets or is there a government link?

We all know our president to be a 'kind hearted father christmas' president who even gives 'transport money' of $50,000 to his critics when they come visiting, so why should I doubt Sahara reporters when they conclude that the president sponsored all those Nigerian visitors?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Ediss(m): 10:24am On Sep 23, 2013
Na wa o, so make our president go stay under bridge becus say he wan save 9iger money? Hmmmmm anti Jonathan make una reason normally naaaaah embarassed GOATS way no like better. Make he go disgrace Nigerians abi?
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Ediss(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2013
jmaine:

Yes, by pleasing a section in sleeping in a motel . . . . . .
that's humans for u. Let Jonathan beeeeee oooooooh sadist
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by hopilo: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2013
validplanet: y not ban that website?
Democracy give freedom of expression, they can't ban the site. Talk as u like is democracy.
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by obailala(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi: Sowore sahara reporters has become a source of serious concern for most of Nigeria's unbiased populace, it has moved from right thinking and unbiased reporting to a cynical and unreasonable media house . it hurts more because a few years ago sowore's sahara reports was one of Nigeria's most credible and fearless whistle blowers, but today many can barely read the headlines of their publications because of the mindless bias and hate with which they write and publish stories. I guess at the end the saying "all good things come to an end and every man carry within himself his own self destruct button" is once again the case

A few years ago they were one of Nigeria's most credible and fearless whistle blowers but all of a sudden because you have a president you love on the throne, their reporting has automatically become 'biased and hate filled'... cheesy Wake up from your slumber my friend, Sahara Reporters did not change; power only shifted hands.

As far as I'm concerned, no matter how ridiculous the stories of SR may sound, there is always an element of truth and the stories end up being perfectly correct 80% of the time. I don't think I can quote such statistics for our government mouth pieces and other media agencies.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2013
So how deep is the President's entourage this time, Mr Abati? cheesy
It is one thing to repudiate SR's 'bromide', as you've done, but quite another to keep 'frugal Nigerians' in the dark, don't you think?
Re: Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2013
What is na lie?
Abati said; President + PEG + 30 delegates + relevant ministers + few essential aides =??

Can someone do the mathematics? At-least they are close to 200 base on the statement of ABAKI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters With Foreign Bank Accounts / Apostle Johnson Suleiman "Raises" Dead Man Back To Life At Lokoja Crusade / Social Media Escalating War Between Herdsmen & Farmers In Nigeria - Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.