Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower (54558 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Do You Have A Minimum Of Second Class Lower ? / Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2006
HI
IT ME AGAIN
DO UTINK I CAN GET A SKOOL 4 MASTERS PROGRAMME HERE IN NIGERIA WITH A CGPA OF 2.63
I RILY WUD WANT UNILAG OR OAU
GUYS PLZ HELP ME OUT.

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Hndholder(m): 9:13am On Jun 05, 2006
You must be joking if you think of unilag or oau. but depends on the discipline. You can get Professional masters easily not academic masters. Please tell us your field.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Hndholder(m): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2006
It depends on the school , the research topic and availability of supervisors
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2006
i studied electrical/electronics engineering
are u saying i have to do post graduate degree 2 b able 2 enter for masters in unilag or any other university in nigeria.
i am really in a fix i guess

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Hndholder(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2006
Masters Academic is for lecturers to be. Go to the school and find out. On Paper value you look qualified but how many applied from other schools and the availability of lecturers at Prof level, is another factor. But the University of Technologies with a political aid may get you a master degree.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Consultant(f): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2006
A friend of mine graduated with a 2.2 in Sociology from UI. She was admitted for her Masters in Solciology, also in UI and is currently doing her PhD there. I also know someone who graduated with a 2.2 from the department of Economics in UI. he is also rounding up his PhD in Economics.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Hndholder(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2006
Yes that is possible in your university where you graduated. Beacause they are sure of your ability. It is also possible in other university with availability of supervisors. This man want OAU. or Unilag. only very few Nigerian can boast of PAPERS in journals as electrical or electronic engineers on like sociology and economics where Nigerian professors are made.Thesis supervisors are very few in engineering generally.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Dauda(m): 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2006
The answer to that question is an emphatic yes I did some post graduate studies in Nigeria and the majority of my classmates had 2.2.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Hndholder(m): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2006
Which year, which course which school. Remember that Nigeria of today parades more university. we equally have brain drain. Prof. need to be your supervisor, and they are very few in electrical/electronics. Nigeria produce more elec/elec than any other engineering, that is the problem to select few put those with 2.2 at the disadvantage. You need to use LONG LEGS men.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by 4good(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2011
Yes, I currently pursue my master in Unilag with a 2.2. In 2007 I gained admission into LASU to pursue MSC but turned it down because my work would not permit me. Moreso, let no man make you look down on yourself because of a 2.2. I used to have a prof in my undergraduate years who finished with a third-class at first degree. I am self-employed at the moment paying salary of staffs. Just apply and prepare for the screening examination after finding out what minimum your department requires as CGPA qualification. Sincerely, a 2.2, I've learnt is no a bad result at all. That is not to say that people should not study hard to be the best they can. What matters most is the blessing of God. Best of luck to the starter of this trend.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by sydney01(m): 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2011
Hi, pls jst askin, is it possible 2 pursue a masters programme in a field u didnt get ur 1st degree frm? 4 xample a Graduate of Human anatomy wantn 2 go in2 information technology. Tnx,
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Oye123(m): 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
Good idea for all
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by hafeez234: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by hafeez234: 11:35am On Sep 17, 2014
You can apply for a masters degree even if you are having a 2.2 but only if your CGPA is not below 3.0.

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by esaias1(m): 8:18am On Jan 14, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
Yeah you can
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Crispels(m): 10:04pm On May 03, 2015
4good:
Yes, I currently pursue my master in Unilag with a 2.2. In 2007 I gained admission into LASU to pursue MSC but turned it down because my work would not permit me. Moreso, let no man make you look down on yourself because of a 2.2. I used to have a prof in my undergraduate years who finished with a third-class at first degree. I am self-employed at the moment paying salary of staffs. Just apply and prepare for the screening examination after finding out what minimum your department requires as CGPA qualification. Sincerely, a 2.2, I've learnt is no a bad result at all. That is not to say that people should not study hard to be the best they can. What matters most is the blessing of God. Best of luck to the starter of this trend.

Is LASU,a good school?

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Godown131: 12:34am On Nov 05, 2016
here is my question,my freind graduated with the CGPA 2.58 in private university and will want to go for his masters programe in a public university(UNICAL) will get admissionhe studied public and community health

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by ThinkSmarter: 11:32pm On Jan 01, 2017
Please z it possible for a Bsc Hons in Computer Science to do Masters in economics?
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
Please z it possible for a Bsc Hons in Computer Science to do Masters in economics?
yes it is possible, what is your cgpa if I may ask and what school do you want to apply to?
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by ThinkSmarter: 7:15am On Jan 21, 2017
Simran94:

yes it is possible, what is your cgpa if I may ask and what school do you want to apply to?
I have 2:2 (cgpa: 3.48], I am planning going to UNN, or EBSU
[Tnx for ur information].
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
I have 2:2 (cgpa: 3.48], I am planning going to UNN, or EBSU
[Tnx for ur information].
UNN is the best option, they accept a 2:2
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by ThinkSmarter: 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
Simran94:

UNN is the best option, they accept a 2:2
alright, tnx
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by paulane: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Please, for one with a first degree in economics who decides to switch to psychology in masters degree, would there be need for a pgd, before the main program?

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Mackycyndy(f): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
what is the minimum CGPA UNN can take.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by orevafavour: 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
Yes that is possible in your university where you graduated. Because they are sure of your academic ability. It is also possible in other university with availability of supervisors,or better still you can log into this website www.studylocal.ng they will help you deliver your question to the school.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Xyolajuwon: 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
Can I go for masters in civil engineering with 2.2 (cgpa 2.68) in UI or Futa?

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower by Couniel(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2019
Hi Everyone, need your help
Can I Study Masters with a CGPA of 2.99 in any Nigerian University without doing a PGD programme first?

(1) (Reply)

Morenike Victory Victor-Banjo Made 9A1 In WAEC And 335 In JAMB / 60 Acronyms You Might Not Know Their Meaning !!! / What I Saw When I Rechecked My JAMB Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.