Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,035 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Do You Have A Minimum Of Second Class Lower ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Have A Minimum Of Second Class Lower ? (10955 Views)

Pls Which Course Requires Minimum Of D7 In Chemistry? / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower / Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have A Minimum Of Second Class Lower ? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2012
The dream of any graduate is to find a good job, follow an appealing career and settle down to an enjoying life with his or her family. This dream is shattered if there is no job and a fast and quick paces are taken into penury instead. There is one thing you have not tried though: graduate studies! You can make money while studying! Sounds good to be true? Yes, I know, I don't mean Nigeria. You can make money while studying in US or Canada and it's all based on familiar news you have read before but you seemed not have paid proper attention.

It does not cost much. You don't even have to pay anyone a kobo and you can follow through each step yourself. You need what I would call five ingredients to apply:
1. your undergraduate transcripts.
2.Letters of recommendation from your lecturers.
3.Statement of Purpose
4.Application fee together with your application sent directly to the university. You can even get some schools that do not require application fees.
5.GRE and TOEFL scores. You can even get some schools that do not require these as well.

Graduate studies in US/Canada is a job in itself and a job that allows one to improve oneself while getting paid in the process. If you are offered admission in US (unlike in Britain where you are required to pay heavy tuition costs), it comes with tuition waiver and monthly stipend of $1500 (after tax). it varies but that roughly the average across schools. That's what make US attractive recession or no recession. This is a new year. make it one of your project, you never can tell, it may just work.

If you have the time, click here to learn more http://www.graduate-studies..com/

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Minimum Of Second Class Lower ? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 08, 2012
I learnt most successful applicants have 2:1 and above. What’s my fate with 2:2? Do I stand a chance of getting admitted and funded?

The truth of the matter is a First Class may be rejected while a 2:2 offered admission. A lot depends on packaging and working with a good guidance during the application process. You need to know how to write a good statement of purpose, what to be written in your recommendation and statements to avoid in your application. That can make a lot of difference. The reality is I have a couple of friends with 2:2 from even state universities in Nigeria who are studying in US with full funding. Generally, a CGPA of 3.0 on a US scale of 4.0 is required. That corresponds to 3.75 out of 5.0 and 5.25 out of 7.0 (if you graduated from the University of Ibadan). If your CGPA is slightly lower than this, I suggest you use WES evaluation to boost it. A Nigerian 3.4 (out of 5.0) has been evaluated to be equivalent to US 3.0 out of 4. Good guidance can really point out some stuff to you. You can read more on WES by clicking www.wes.org. What most school requires is a CGPA of 3.0 on a US scale of 4. This guy had a 3.4 out of a scale of 5.0 from one of the Nigerian Universities which is a 2:2 and it is directly equivalent to less than 3.0 on the US scale of 4. Learn more here www.graduate-studies..com
Re: Do You Have A Minimum Of Second Class Lower ? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
Have you checked this today www.graduate-studies..com
If you have questions I can be reached on ao116528@gmail.com
Re: Do You Have A Minimum Of Second Class Lower ? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 11, 2012
What’s funding and will I be considered for one?

Funding in all essential point is the same as scholarship. It’s not a loan that will be paid back. It’s a grant in form teaching or research assistantship. In exceptional cases where your application is considered outstanding, you may be awarded a fellowship in which case you are paid for no duties at all. Funding given in form of teaching or research assistantship or fellowships consists of remission of most or all of your tuition, with payment of monthly stipends or salary to you. Your own part of the deal is to teach undergraduate students (don’t panic, this is very easy as all training and facility to do this successfully will be provided for you) some classes especially in your first year. In later years, you work with a professor helping him or her on a research work while you also work on your PhD. It’s a win-win as you get paid working on your PhD. This includes tuition waiver, health insurance and monthly stipend/salary. In most schools in US, once you are offered admission, it comes with funding.

learn more here www.graduate-studies..com
Re: Do You Have A Minimum Of Second Class Lower ? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 25, 2012
Thinking about graduate studies in US, click here for more details www.graduate-studies..com

(1) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka In Affilation With Yaba College Of Tech. / What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? / Novena University Gets NUC Approval For Law, Medical, Postgraduate Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.