Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,506 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:25 AM

Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs (61002 Views)

My First Time Nature Photographs. Rate It (pics) / Incredible Not-photoshopped Photographs / Fuji Functions To Bring Life Into Your Photographs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
if you look close enough you'll see there's a shadow of the flag opposite the shadow of the astronaut.........and its is supposed that the moon has no atmosphere therefore no air, so why is the flag flying? Although that's the pic I've actually watched the video of the moon landing and dint notice the shadow thingy, but for the flag. Flying its highly possible, cuz contrary to what most pple think the moon has a thin atmosphere its not completely void! Plus the flag could be flying as a result of the exhaust fumes from the apollo/lunar module. anyway controversies are always in everything. I don't believe that mermaid picture for even a second!
thanks a lot
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

Americans never touched the moon, there are lots of leaked evidences from former nasa officials. the video and pictures of landing were acted like a movie in the US nasa base and displayed to the world.
you can do some research yourself. moon does not orbit ,the same side of the the moon faces the earth, moon is a mystery, the truth may never be told.
Haba my guy, na wah for u ooh, america did 6 moon landings nd the last was the apollo 17 mission done in 1972. The Apollo 17 also broke several records set by previous flights, including the longest manned lunar landing flight; the longest total lunar surface extra vehicular activities(EVA); they spent 23 hrs on the moon nd drove a distance of about 36km. It was a 3 man crew mission comprising; Eugene Cernan, Ronald Evans, Harrison Schmitt.
And correction; the moon orbits the earth but doesn't rotate, the side of the moon facing away from the earth has always been called the dark side of the moon and they've been there!

3 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
About d doubts concerning the flag, op u guys knw dat its only d earth dat d law of gravity applies to, d reason y d flag is flying on d moon is cos derz no gravity in space which makes objects to float, dats y u c d flag flying, evn tho derz no breeze 2 make it fly

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
Haba my guy, na wah for u ooh, america did 6 moon landings nd the last was the apollo 17 mission done in 1972. The Apollo 17 also broke several records set by previous flights, including the longest manned lunar landing flight; the longest total lunar surface extra vehicular activities(EVA); they spent 23 hrs on the moon nd drove a distance of about 36km. It was a 3 man crew mission comprising; Eugene Cernan, Ronald Evans, Harrison Schmitt.

forget the media propaganda, apollo video was acted here on earth. below is a leaked footage. fast-forward to 1.28 and see something fell from the bag. it is impossible in the absence of gravity. we can argue all day, but forget it if you believe apollo landed on moon..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4cb_1381715884

2 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by iamord(m): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
sweetguy10: Not sure if the mermaid's picture is real , seems obliterated .Not sure though
have u not seen mermaid and ufo sightings?? The truth is out there.. The goverment religion and ignorance help to cover it up

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Kizmarty: i bliv mermaids really do exist...
why are many so blind to truth sef

What truth? Mermaids being real?

That picture is the most unreal picture there can ever be, except evolution is taking place...in which case, we'd have definitely seen more pictures/research about them.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by iamord(m): 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

forget the media propaganda, apollo video was acted here on earth. below is a leaked footage. fast-forward to 1.28 and see something fell from the bag. it is impossible in the absence of gravity. we can argue all day, but forget it if you believe apollo landed on moon..

I agree.. Its a staged stuff.m too bad people don't ask question in this part of the world.. Russia remains the true people to visit the moon. Research about hollw earth.. It real!!

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

there u go getting it wrong again, who says there's no gravity on the moon, the gravity on the moon is 1/6 that of earth! Go get ur facts right! Gravity is only weaker there not absent! 7 lunar missions and u claim all were acted on earth, were you the director of the movie? Abi u just choose to believe that one?

4 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Agrika: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
virago:

The child is a little girl
Ooooooooooh!
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by iamord(m): 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
And correction; the moon orbits the earth but doesn't rotate, the side of the moon facing away from the earth has always been called the dark side of the moon and they've been there!
they have not been to the dark side on the moon.. Only by unmand vehicles.. Do u know there is a city and prymaid similar to the one in egypt on the dark side of the moon
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by sweetguy10(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
iam_ord: they have not been to the dark side on the moon.. Only by unmand vehicles.. Do u know there is a city and prymaid similar to the one in egypt on the dark side of the moon

Take me to school ( tell me more )

4 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by iamord(m): 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
sweetguy10:

come pay ur school fees first.. That's the normal process
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
iam_ord: they have not been to the dark side on the moon.. Only by unmand vehicles.. Do u know there is a city and prymaid similar to the one in egypt on the dark side of the moon
Hahahahaaha! Oh boy you no go kill me with laugh, so you're one of those folks who believe in the lost city of atlantis and poseidonis? Bro we can always agree to disagree! No qualms believe what you will I believe what I will the world keeps going round! next time bro.

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by DocAdray(f): 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
Wow! Incredible!

Thanks for sharing OP
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
sweetguy10:

Lwkmd! Oh boy that guy cracked me up this evening! I still never laugh finish sef! Pyramid and cities on the moon! Soon we would hear superman and lex luthor lives there! Hahahahahah.

4 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz: there u go getting it wrong again, who says there's no gravity on the moon, the gravity on the moon is 1/6 that of earth! Go get ur facts right! Gravity is only weaker there not absent! 7 lunar missions and u claim all were acted on earth, were you the director of the movie? Abi u just choose to believe that one?

my dear, they made up think they landed but there are overwhelming evidences to the contrary. it's not that am choose to believe.

Neil Armstrong and the Eagle lunar lander are reflected in Buzz Aldrin's visor in one of the most famous images taken during the July 1969 moon landing. You can tell Apollo was faked because ... only two astronauts walked on the moon at a time, yet in photographs such as this one where both are visible, there is no sign of a camera. So who took the picture?
You can also \ tell Apollo was faked, lack of stars in those pics and videos. the astronauts made no such exclamation while on the moon, and the black backgrounds of their photographs are curiously devoid of stars. how possible?

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Misterpaul(m): 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
prettyboi1989: About d doubts concerning the flag, op u guys knw dat its only d earth dat d law of gravity applies to, d reason y d flag is flying on d moon is cos derz no gravity in space which makes objects to float, dats y u c d flag flying, evn tho derz no breeze 2 make it fly
I think you have a point. The moon has zero or minute gravitational force, which might be d reason why d flag appears to be flying(but,it is actually floating)..Even if the picture was staged, I don't think NASA will be so dumb not to have noticed the issue of the obvious wrong shadow casted and flag flying thing.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by iamord(m): 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
Hahahahaaha! Oh boy you no go kill me with laugh, so you're one of those folks who believe in the lost city of atlantis and poseidonis? Bro we can always agree to disagree! No qualms believe what you will I believe what I will the world keeps going round! next time bro.
I just don't believe but I have facts to back it up..a lot of all this things r top secret..do u think we r the only ones in the universe and the rest of the worlds a vast waste land??
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by iamord(m): 9:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
Lwkmd! Oh boy that guy cracked me up this evening! I still never laugh finish sef! Pyramid and cities on the moon! Soon we would hear superman and lex luthor lives there! Hahahahahah.
lol its funny till u discover the truth then u will have a straight face on
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by justi4jesu(f): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Interesting. .
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Reference(m): 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
if you look close enough you'll see there's a shadow of the flag opposite the shadow of the astronaut.........and its is supposed that the moon has no atmosphere therefore no air, so why is the flag flying? Although that's the pic I've actually watched the video of the moon landing and dint notice the shadow thingy, but for the flag. Flying its highly possible, cuz contrary to what most pple think the moon has a thin atmosphere its not completely void! Plus the flag could be flying as a result of the exhaust fumes from the apollo/lunar module. anyway controversies are always in everything. I don't believe that mermaid picture for even a second!

Sir. You surprise me a lot. Once the lunar module touched the surface the engines were cut and all the descent stage modules together with the lunar rovers and all associated gear remain to this day on the moon's surface (the chinese may have started discovering them). The engines of the lunar modules never operated with the astronauts on the moon's surface. The ascent stage engine was only fired up when the astronauts were on board.

Secondly. Of course the flag will in all likelyhood stand erect simply because there is little gravity to pull it down. Infact in space objects will continue to move with the same inertia placd on them simply because there is little friction to slow them down so if you hrow a ball it will continue to pluto (that is how small spacecraft with little fuel reach deep space like Saturn, jupiter, etc,'simply by inertia), so all you have to do to the flag to make it look like its flying is to flutter it and it will contnue to move for years without end only held down by the pole. Of course the astronauts wanted the flag to be seen so they fluttered it for the camera shot.

These are basic points of knowledge. There's no conspiracy. The Russians, Europeans, Japanese and now Chinese have mapped the moon extensively. If there was no evidence of the lunar landings it will have been all out decades ago.

4 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by frank043(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
aitope: mermaid is 100% real. go to YouTube and search
mtchew...story of the evening!!!
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

my dear, they made up think they landed but there are overwhelming evidences to the contrary. it's not that am choose to believe.

Neil Armstrong and the Eagle lunar lander are reflected in Buzz Aldrin's visor in one of the most famous images taken during the July 1969 moon landing. You can tell Apollo was faked because ... only two astronauts walked on the moon at a time, yet in photographs such as this one where both are visible, there is no sign of a camera. So who took the picture?
You can also \ tell Apollo was faked, lack of stars in those pics and videos. the astronauts made no such exclamation while on the moon, and the black backgrounds of their photographs are curiously devoid of stars. how possible?

There you go wrong again.....firstly the cameras are implanted in each of the astronauts suits, the visor has a relay system that houses a camera with about 270 degree field of view! You don't need a camera when wearing heavily radioactive protective suits! Secondly you don't see stars simply because the light from the sun is brighter out there an obscures the smaller lights of the stars! Haba do you even read astronomy journals at all? When u stay in big cities where there's constant bright lights you hardly see the stars at night not to even imagine seeing the stars during the day time! The moons light comes from the sun, it reflects the solar light back to earth that's why u don't see stars at the background of such images! the reason you see the dark background is because the moon has a very thin atmosphere and thus has no coloured sky! You really need to read more science and less conspiracy theories. I've been where you are now!

8 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
There you go wrong again.....firstly the cameras are implanted in each of the astronauts suits, the visor has a relay system that houses a camera with about 270 degree field of view! You don't need a camera when wearing heavily radioactive protective suits! Secondly you don't see stars simply because the light from the sun is brighter out there an obscures the smaller lights of the stars! Haba do you even read astronomy journals at all? When u stay in big cities where there's constant bright lights you hardly see the stars at night not to even imagine seeing the stars during the day time! The moons light comes from the sun, it reflects the solar light back to earth that's why u don't see stars at the background of such images! the reason you see the dark background is because the moon has a very thin atmosphere and thus has no coloured sky! You really need to read more science and less conspiracy theories. I've been where you are now!

did you see those pictures or you are just reading science news? in such a thick dark background you want to justify the absence of stars, comparing it to a city? SMH.
since the moon has no atmosphere, shouldn't there be millions of stars dotting the background of these photos? instead of big black void of space in background of the photos NASA released? ...and you are comparing the black void with an illumined city?
maybe you are fast reading science news without observations, hence you see yourself ahead of where i am.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Reference:

Sir. You surprise me a lot. Once the lunar module touched the surface the engines were cut and all the descent stage modules together with the lunar rovers and all associated gear remain to this day on the moon's surface (the chinese may have started discovering them). The engines of the lunar modules never operated with the astronauts on the moon's surface. The ascent stage engine was only fired up when the astronauts were on board.

Secondly. Of course the flag will in all likelyhood stand erect simply because there is little gravity to pull it down. Infact in space objects will continue to move with the same inertia placd on them simply because there is little friction to slow them down so if you hrow a ball it will continue to pluto (that is how small spacecraft with little fuel reach deep space like Saturn, jupiter, etc,'simply by inertia), so all you have to do to the flag to make it look like its flying is to flutter it and it will contnue to move for years without end only held down by the pole. Of course the astronauts wanted the flag to be seen so they fluttered it for the camera shot.

These are basic points of knowledge. There's no conspiracy. The Russians, Europeans, Japanese and now Chinese have mapped the moon extensively. If there was no evidence of the lunar landings it will have been all out decades ago.
Don't get me wrong my brother I don't buy into conspiracy crap, I was just explaining the controversy of the pic to him to give him a picture of what started the controversy. Yes ure right they cut off all essential systems on the lunar module after landing, although they might have taken the picture immediately after or when it wasn't switched off yet ( a possibility) secondly there's also the lunar rover which dey use in operating nd driving around, even though its mostly comprises of electric circuits nd so on it might have other back up or emergency thrust systems too! Finally, yes the lunar surface has near zero gravity but not zero, gravity on the moon is 1/6 that of earth meaning u need far lesser effort to escape its gravitational pull to attain escape velocity from its surface! The moon has a very thin atmosphere and extremely low gravity not zero!
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

did you see those pictures or you are just reading science news? in such a thick dark background you want to justify the absence of stars, comparing it to a city? SMH.

Let me ask you a set of simple questions, do you see the stars when the sun is shining during the day? Secondly do you know why our sky is blue during the day and dark at night? If you can answer these then you'll know why you see no stars when the sun is all that shines on the lunar surface and why you see no stars during the Lunar day on the dark skyline! Shake ur head all u want but just try thinking, and yes I did see the pics NASA isn't as stupid as you point them out to be! If the wanted the image doctored dey would put stars there for you!

2 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz: there u go getting it wrong again, who says there's no gravity on the moon, the gravity on the moon is 1/6 that of earth! Go get ur facts right! Gravity is only weaker there not absent! 7 lunar missions and u claim all were acted on earth, were you the director of the movie? Abi u just choose to believe that one?
.leave that guy man. He's a typical nigerian that only believe in conspiracy theory. He was talking like a man who only studied elementary physics (saying that there isn't gravity on the moon)...smh if our graduates can be this ignorant. Anyway thanks bro for correcting him
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
Let me ask you a set of simple questions, do you see the stars when the sun is shining during the day? Secondly do you know why our sky is blue during the day and dark at night? If you can answer these then you'll know why you see no stars when the sun is all that shines on the lunar surface and why you see no stars during the Lunar day on the dark skyline! Shake ur head all u want but just try thinking, and yes I did see the pics NASA isn't as stupid as you point them out to be! If the wanted the image doctored dey would put stars there for you!

my dear, the moon landings were faked, even more fake than skeptics think.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Krak(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
Bam
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by kennedyugo: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

my dear, the moon landings were faked, even more fake than skeptics think.
That's the beauty of life my friend, you are free to believe what ever you choose to believe! Its your opinion nd yours alone! If you feel its faked who am I to tell you otherwise! Nice evening bro!
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
That's the beauty of life my friend, you are free to believe what ever you choose to believe! Its your opinion nd yours alone! If you feel its faked who am I to tell you otherwise! Nice evening bro!

cheers!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Looking For Man Who Made An Art Drawing Of Him / Olajide Oluwamayowa Peter Draws Trump (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu To Artist Bodataiye Oniyakuya: Come & Present It To Me In My Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.