Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,617 members, 7,770,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:23 PM

Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs (61005 Views)

My First Time Nature Photographs. Rate It (pics) / Incredible Not-photoshopped Photographs / Fuji Functions To Bring Life Into Your Photographs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by JuanDeDios: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
sweetguy10: 1. A submarine captured photos of a diving mermaid during sonoprobe mission.

How HOAX Mermaid 'mockumentary' gave Animal Planet its biggest audience EVER
By RACHEL QUIGLEY

It reeled in the network's biggest audience in its 17-year history and caused an immediate Twitter frenzy that is still trending today.

But Animal Planet's Sunday 'documentary' about the existence of mermaids was nothing but a hoax, it emerged today, a revelation that will likely disappoint the show's record 3.6 million viewers.

'Mermaids: The New Evidence' was advertised as a follow-up to last year's 'Mermaids: The Body Found', with biologist Dr Paul Robertson returning with what appeared to be brand new footage of the alleged mythical creatures, allegedly taken this spring in the Greenland Sea.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2333515/Mermaid-hoax-How-mockumentary-gave-Animal-Planet-biggest-audience-EVER.html#ixzz36dFsOkhb
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
kennedyugo: Rebuttal to moon landing being fake! http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings
Thanks bro, even the russians confirmed that apollo missions were actual, yet some pple just choose to believe every crap dey reap on the cyber realm!
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by latola05(m): 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
Please is there anyone here with an original BB charger? My bat3 is actually dying now. Tnx
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

did you see those pictures or you are just reading science news? in such a thick dark background you want to justify the absence of stars, comparing it to a city? SMH.
since the moon has no atmosphere, shouldn't there be millions of stars dotting the background of these photos? instead of big black void of space in background of the photos NASA released? ...and you are comparing the black void with an illumined city? maybe you are fast reading science news without observations, hence you see yourself ahead of where i am.
Lol chill out, derz no way d stars will show 4rm dat position, here is ow it happend,
-d earth n oda planets r in one big circle while d sun is inbewteen (solar system),
-d moon is inbetween d earth n d sun at a particular angle,
-also we are standing sideways (if look at d solarsystem as some set of balls placed on a table) bt held 2geda by gravity,
-d stars r in a bigger circle surrounding d solar system itself,
- we cud see d stars because of d sideways position we standing
- on d moon its different since derz little or no gravity der its impossible 4 d astronauts 2 land sideways facing d earth, rather dey landed at d top of d moon, at d position its quite difficult 2 get a view of d stars unless dey move towards d side of d moon facin d sun b4 d stars can b sighted.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by masseratti: 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
Samakinr:
.leave that guy man. He's a typical nigerian that only believe in conspiracy theory. He was talking like a man who only studied elementary physics (saying that there isn't gravity on the moon)...smh if our graduates can be this ignorant. Anyway thanks bro for correcting him
not a typical Nigerian but a typical educated ignorant,most science students or people with basic knowledge about Physics will be laughing their heads off right now with all the chap the guy is spewing.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Lol chill out, derz no way d stars will show 4rm dat position, here is ow it happend,
-d earth n oda planets r in one big circle while d sun is inbewteen (solar system),
-also we are standing sideways (if look at d solarsystem as some set of balls placed on a table) bt held 2geda by gravity,
- on d moon its different since derz little or no gravity der its impossible 4 d astronauts 2 land sideways facing d earth, rather dey landed at d top of d moon, at d position its quite difficult 2 get a view of d stars unless dey move towards d side of d moon facin d sun b4 d stars can b sighted.
Same thing I've been trying to tell this guy, u can't see stars when the sun is shining, and the black background he is seeing isn't purely empty space, the stars are there but can't be seen by virtue of the sun being at its zenith on the lunar surface. If not for nitrogen gas we have our sky wouldn't appear blue, its might appear dark and still we won't see stars during the day, nitrogen in our atmosphere deflects light along the blue cloured part of the spectrum, I just don't knw what to tell the guy again!

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings
...pls the Thomases may want to check this out. I don't understand why the people in this part of the world argue blindly. I'm sure many of them never even know a single thing about astronomy. One of them was asking why there wasn't stars in the picture background?...check Google before posting unfounded facts here. Another one said 'why is it that its only a time that the Americans have landed on the moon?...he doesn't even know we have Apollo 17.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
Samakinr: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings
...pls the Thomases may want to check this out. I don't understand why the people in this part of the world argue blindly. I'm sure many of them never even know a single thing about astronomy. One of them was asking why there wasn't stars in the picture background?...check Google before posting unfounded facts here. Another one said 'why is it that its only a time that the Americans have landed on the moon?...he doesn't even know we have Apollo 17.
My brother I taya for the matter, out of the whole apollo 1 through to 17 missions, seven of them were manned missions to the moon! Apollo 17 being the last in 1972. I just don't know what captivates people in conspiracy stories!

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by sweetguy10(m): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
??

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
if you look close enough you'll see there's a shadow of the flag opposite the shadow of the astronaut.........and its is supposed that the moon has no atmosphere therefore no air, so why is the flag flying? Although that's the pic I've actually watched the video of the moon landing and dint notice the shadow thingy, but for the flag. Flying its highly possible, cuz contrary to what most pple think the moon has a thin atmosphere its not completely void! Plus the flag could be flying as a result of the exhaust fumes from the apollo/lunar module. anyway controversies are always in everything. I don't believe that mermaid picture for even a second!

Its not flying. Its crumpled due to inertia and movements made to the cloth by the astronauts.

Now notice the top of the cloth. There is a rod inserted within it. The astronauts knew that the Moon lacked air so they fitted the rod on the top part of it to make it stand.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Randerl: 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
My brother I taya for the matter, out of the whole apollo 1 through to 17 missions, seven of them were manned missions to the moon! Apollo 17 being the last in 1972. I just don't know what captivates people in conspiracy stories!

Maybe when they hear about the Voyager l and ll missions, they will call them hoax and Sci-fic.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2014
prettyboi1989:

There are several photographs of objects that are in shadows, yet they appear lighted and with surprising detail. Objects located in shadows should appear totally black. In many photographs the shadow side of the astronauts appear illuminated, while the shadow side of rocks appear totally black.
Shadows cast on the lunar surface should be parallel. Some shadows in the Apollo photos are not parallel indicating more than one light source,
A large amount of dust was generated during the landings, yet no dust can be seen on the Lunar Module footpads. The astronauts could not pass through the tunnel connecting the Command Module and the Lunar Module with their spacesuits and backpacks on.

like someone quoted me above, that anyone is entitled to his/her opinion. people are right to believe NASA, but the only sure way to prove the moon landings really happened is to return to the Moon and see if the Apollo hardware is there.

as for those photos, they are all fakes. believe it or not.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by sweetguy10(m): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Randerl:

Maybe when they hear about the Voyager l and ll missions, they will call them hoax and Sci-fic.

Of all space missions and probes whoever think that the Voyager I and II missions are faked is lost to the world . Since the Voyager is the first man made object to cross the heliopause and enter interstellar space , God knows what lies beyond and what it will discover - maybe some greenish colored aliens

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

There are several photographs of objects that are in shadows, yet they appear lighted and with surprising detail. Objects located in shadows should appear totally black. In many photographs the shadow side of the astronauts appear illuminated, while the shadow side of rocks appear totally black.
Shadows cast on the lunar surface should be parallel. Some shadows in the Apollo photos are not parallel indicating more than one light source,
A large amount of dust was generated during the landings, yet no dust can be seen on the Lunar Module footpads. The astronauts could not pass through the tunnel connecting the Command Module and the Lunar Module with their spacesuits and backpacks on.

like someone quoted me above, that anyone is entitled to his/her opinion. people are right to believe NASA, but the only sure way to prove the moon landings really happened is to return to the Moon and see if the Apollo hardware is there.

Bro the environment is filled with lots of energies and lights from solar reflective panels on the rover and the equipment they went with! Russia and china have both satellite images showing the apollo missions and confirming them, some one posted a link. The lunar surface is made of fine grains of sandy rocks not dust you don't expect them to stick in a low gravity environment. The astronauts appear bloated cuz the pressure in their suits is higher than the environmental pressure there! The cabin. Do you really think NASA is that stupid to do a fake movie and not do it well? I'm really getting tired of pointing out these things to you! You just believe its fake nothing else would convince you other wise
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
sweetguy10:

Of all space missions and probes whoever think that the Voyager I and II missions are faked is lost to the world . Since the Voyager is the first man made object to cross the heliopause and enter interstellar space , God knows what lies beyond and what it will discover - maybe some greenish colored aliens
Mehn when voyager passed the kuiper belt just before getting to the boundaries of the heliopause, the pictures I saw were just mind blowing. Although I don't think it any signal from the satellite would get back to earth after it exits the heliosphere!
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
masseratti: not a typical Nigerian but a typical educated ignorant,most science students or people with basic knowledge about Physics will be laughing their heads off right now with all the chap the guy is spewing.

relax bro, your comments are chaps to me as well. my view stands on critical analysis on evidences of moon landing provided by NASA,
there are lots of unanswered questions, and we debate to learn not necessarily to stampede other's point of view (no matter how ridiculous)
press play.......if Neil Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who shot the video of him descending the ladder and taking his initial steps on the lunar surface?
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
lawkenoz:
Bro the environment is filled with lots of energies and lights from solar reflective panels on the rover and the equipment they went with! Russia and china have both satellite images showing the apollo missions and confirming them, some one posted a link. The lunar surface is made of fine grains of sandy rocks not dust you don't expect them to stick in a low gravity environment. The astronauts appear bloated cuz the pressure in their suits is higher than the environmental pressure there! The cabin. Do you really think NASA is that stupid to do a fake movie and not do it well? I'm really getting tired of pointing out these things to you! You just believe its fake nothing else would convince you other wise

got that.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by lawkenoz(m): 11:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scyllapatron:

relax bro, your comments are chaps to me as well. my view stands on critical analysis on evidences of moon landing provided by NASA,
there are lots of unanswered questions, and we debate to learn not necessarily to stampede other's point of view (no matter how ridiculous)
press play.......if Neil Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who shot the video of him descending the ladder and taking his initial steps on the lunar surface?

I thought I've answered this, camera was fitted in the visor of his suit, if you've seen military and space suits/hardware cameras are implanted in each persons field of veiw so you see what they see, more over the lunar module detaches from the the main re entry vehicle that hangs at about 20km in lunar orbit. It has fitted cameras that get aerial photographs with high resolution pics nd also monitor record and records videos of the astronauts activities as well as serving as communication relay with mission control on earth nd the astronauts!
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Randerl: 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
It amazes me how we think in Africa. No wonder we are on this situation.

Those Space Technologies and explorations were the foundations of the current technologies that we are enjoying today.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by nolio(m): 12:04am On Jul 06, 2014
where are the remaining controversial photos
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by tundabolt(m): 12:13am On Jul 06, 2014
Isoooorice
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by experimentist: 12:17am On Jul 06, 2014
Costa rica tried, it's time to go home dudes.. Gud nyt.. Oops!
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by toluxa1(m): 12:41am On Jul 06, 2014
This is the Fox Television Program that Brought up the Whole Conspiracy thing to light in 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIy8ZqqK5G8
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Wisdytech(m): 12:52am On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by myspnigeria: 12:53am On Jul 06, 2014
LOL....really controversial
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 06, 2014
iam_ord: they have not been to the dark side on the moon.. Only by unmand vehicles.. Do u know there is a city and prymaid similar to the one in egypt on the dark side of the moon
guy calm down!!! I've watched dat movie!!

1 Like

Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by davades(m): 5:23am On Jul 06, 2014
Now I know...
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by JoseRaji(m): 6:42am On Jul 06, 2014
rattlesnake: this angry angry angry angry angry

hahahahaha... oga cool down na... e never reach illuminati levels naa
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by hakir(m): 7:05am On Jul 06, 2014
Why are maimaid always white girls, isn't there any black girl (won't mind with tribal mark...lol)
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by kevoh(m): 7:16am On Jul 06, 2014
sweetguy10: ??
Give it a break already! Mermaids don't exist. Same picture you uploaded has been found to be doctored by pranksters. Go through the first page on this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/1796162/believe-mermaid-exist

You will find the original images of human skeleton that was modified through photoshop to look like mermaids.
Re: Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs by mecussey(m): 7:52am On Jul 06, 2014
prettyboi1989: About d doubts concerning the flag, op u guys knw dat its only d earth dat d law of gravity applies to, d reason y d flag is flying on d moon is cos derz no gravity in space which makes objects to float, dats y u c d flag flying, evn tho derz no breeze 2 make it fly

Says who...gravity is applicable to anything that has mass and occupy space just that, small masses are negligible. The bigger the mass the higher the gravitational force. E.g as earth's force is 10m/s, the moon will be less than that and Jupiter bigger than that of earth and the sun's bigger than everything in the universe. The moon has gravity and that was why the astronaut was standing confortably

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Looking For Man Who Made An Art Drawing Of Him / Olajide Oluwamayowa Peter Draws Trump (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu To Artist Bodataiye Oniyakuya: Come & Present It To Me In My Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.