Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? (2585 Views)

Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia / Aisha (RA) Married The Prophet (PBUH) At Age Nine. So What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by AlBaqir(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
"AN OUTCRY - that the holy prophet married A'isha at the age of six and consummate the wedding at the age of nine. A minor! Some of the so-called 'authentic hadith' even quoted A'isha or her cousin Urwa that she was a minor who was still playing with doll when she was being 'forced' to marry the holy prophet of Islam (s.a.w.s).

Today, apart from bombardment and rains of attack by the non-muslims; many muslims hide their heads in shame to hear or read this.
Lawyers would have filed a case on this! Lol.
Abubakr (A'isha's father) had Asma as his first child who was born 27years before Hijra. Aisha was the last born and history had it she was 10years younger to her eldest sister, Asma.

Asma died at the age of 100years in the 73rd year of Hijra. Meaning she was truly 27+years in the 1st year of Hijra. Same History however had it A'isha married the Prophet in the 2nd year of Hijra.

If Asma was 27years in the 1st year of Hijra, and was 10years older than Aisha and then A'isha got married to the holy prophet in the 2nd year of Hijra, how old was A'isha?

17 - 18years.

I can only reserve my comments for the so-called 'authentic hadith' who reported these 'amateurish' historical lies.

"PLUNGE INTO THE DEPTHS UNTIL YOU REACH THE TRUTH" ~ Imam Ali (a.s).
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by georjay(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
IDK
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by Toktee(m): 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
I thought he mohamad only has khadijat the widow who was older than him,not knowing that he kept a kid as a wife,,,,,wonders!

3 Likes

Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by kemiola89(f): 7:25am On Sep 25, 2013
Mighty Sparrow: what baffles me about Mo is that it his own religion that preaches. and thrives on bloodshed. While others preach peace and adherents and communities go from violence to knowledge based societies, his own takes the opposite. It is evident today that his religion is the most intolerant not only among others even within the followers.
The almighty he represents uses his might against feeble creatures through him and his followers. When there be peace in middle east, Nigeria,, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan.etc.
blah blah blah blah blah. Are you done ranting? You can now shift cos your opinion is not needed here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by vedaxcool(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2013
vedaxcool: Despite the lowering of the legal age of marriage for women fell to 9,[46] and the Ayatollah Khomeini's support for early marriage for females,

It is recommended that one hurries in giving husband to a daughter who has attained puberty, meaning that she is of the age of religious accountability. His Holiness, Sadegh [the 6th Imam] salutations to him, bade that it is one of a man's good fortunes that his daughter does not see menses in his own house.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran

despite my happiness about your Struggle against early marriage, I definately know you cannot claim to know shia more than Khomeini

vedaxcool: .
http://www.mohabatnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=...

Iran seeks to legalise marriage for girls under 10

Saturday, 07 July 2012

The legal affairs committee of the Majles, the Iranian parliament, has told the press that they regard the law that prohibits girls below the age of 10 from being married off to be 'un-Islamic and illegal'.

Mohabatnews ) - According to recently released statistics, in the past few weeks over 75 female children under 10 were forced to marry much older men. In 3929 cases, bride and groom were both under 14.

In a discussion of the issue organised by the Khabar Online news website, conservative law-maker and spokesperson for the Majles committee Mohammad Ali Isfenani said: "Before the revolution girls under 16 were not allowed to marry.

Mohammad Ali Isfenani

Parents determined to get around the law would often tamper with their daughter's birth certificate. Under the previous constitution, people were legally regarded as adults when they were 18. After the revolution the age at which children were regarded as going through puberty was lowered to 9 for girls and 15 for boys.

" He added: "As some people may not comply with our current Islamic legal system, we must regard 9 as being the appropriate age for a girl to have reached puberty and qualified to get married. To do otherwise would be to contradict and challenge Islamic Sharia law."

He also confirmed that under his chairmanship the legal committee of the Majles would seek to change the current legislation./ shahrzad

------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/article/tens-of-thousands-worldwide-petition-ira...

Tens of thousands worldwide petition Iran to end child marriages
CHILD MARRIAGE
August 19, 2012
By: D.M. Murdock

A call to action at ThePetitionSite.com created by Christian Miller targets the Iranian government and requests that it not legalize the forced marriage of girls under the age of 10. The petition has garnered the signatures of many thousands of people worldwide, a number of whom have expressed outrage at the Islamic Republic's move, which some consider to reflect an attitude towards female children as property and household slaves.

https://www.nairaland.com/1366430/muslims-reject-child-marriage-absolve#16922382

Mr. Khomini seem to find marrying minors as legitimate business, that the Iranian parliament also considered making the age of marriage is 9 for ladies!
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by LagosShia: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

https://www.nairaland.com/1366430/muslims-reject-child-marriage-absolve#16922382

Mr. Khomini seem to find marrying minors as legitimate business, that the Iranian parliament also considered making the age of marriage is 9 for ladies!

you are engulfed with stupidity and the zeal to promote ignorance.this thread is not about whether marrying a girl of 9 is permissible or not,however oppose I am to marrying a girl of 9 years in this our time and age.whether it is permissible for a 50 year old man,- or any man- to marry a girl of 9 or not, has nothing to do with the topic of whether Aisha was actually 9 year old when the Prophet (sa) married her or not.the point is even if it is permissible to marry a "mature 9 year old",based on facts and figures (and not fairytales narrated by Aisha on her age of marriage as found in "sahih bukhari" ) Aisha was not 9 year old when the Prophet (sa) married her as she claimed.we believe her account on her age and the drama she narrated surrounding her marriage to the Prophet (sa) as an infant playing with dolls are outright lies she concocted for obvious reasons.that is our position,take it or leave it.

in the united states and Europe the age of consent was as low as 10 year old within a century ago.Ayatollah Khomeini was born in 1902 and died in 1989.he married his 16 year old wife when he was around 28.presently in iran the age of consent for girls is 16.iran in 2013 has moved forward to modern norms which are compatible with islam as a religion for all times.but your likes are still stuck in the times of Mary (as)-arguing with Christians that she was 12 when she conceived Jesus (as)-and in the times of Aisha alleging she was 6 or 9 when the Prophet (sa) married her-a lie.all this is in an effort to justify perverts who have $exual lust and desires to exploit children in the name of religion in present times.it is exploitation because the reasons and justifications that existed thousands of years ago for girls at 9,10 or 12 to get married do not exist in our contemporary world.if at all,marrying girls at such tender age conflict with our modern world and even with islam in our present day.isnt islam for all times and ages? why are muslims stuck in the 7th century when we believe islam is also for the future? muslim girls in villages and from poor families are $exually exploited in the name of following religion while their counterparts elsewhere are advancing in education.and you expect muslims to be the "best community for mankind that God made".it is not going to happen like that.morality should not either be used as the reason for a 50 year old senator to marry a 13 year old girl because a girl can still be educated and chaste to marry at a later age.it all depends on the home that nurture the female daughter.

and to conclude,i replied for the sake of other readers,because I know Vedaxcool cannot comprehend what I typed for lack of understanding and insight into how humans in a modern age should think and behave in tune with islam.
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by AlBaqir(m): 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
@LagosShia, may Allah fill your face with His grace. I have nothing to add again. Sometimes you wonder how foolish certain people are in this modern age.
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by vedaxcool(m): 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
LagosShia:

you are engulfed with stupidity and the zeal to promote ignorance.this thread is not about whether marrying a girl of 9 is permissible or not,however oppose I am to marrying a girl of 9 years in this our time and age.whether it is permissible for a 50 year old man,- or any man- to marry a girl of 9 or not, has nothing to do with the topic of whether Aisha was actually 9 year old when the Prophet (sa) married her or not.the point is even if it is permissible to marry a "mature 9 year old",based on facts and figures (and not fairytales narrated by Aisha on her age of marriage as found in "sahih bukhari" ) Aisha was not 9 year old when the Prophet (sa) married her as she claimed.we believe her account on her age and the drama she narrated surrounding her marriage to the Prophet (sa) as an infant playing with dolls are outright lies she concocted for obvious reasons.that is our position,take it or leave it.

in the united states and Europe the age of consent was as low as 10 year old within a century ago.Ayatollah Khomeini was born in 1902 and died in 1989.he married his 16 year old wife when he was around 28.presently in iran the age of consent for girls is 16.iran in 2013 has moved forward to modern norms which are compatible with islam as a religion for all times.but your likes are still stuck in the times of Mary (as)-arguing with Christians that she was 12 when she conceived Jesus (as)-and in the times of Aisha alleging she was 6 or 9 when the Prophet (sa) married her-a lie.all this is in an effort to justify perverts who have $exual lust and desires to exploit children in the name of religion in present times.it is exploitation because the reasons and justifications that existed thousands of years ago for girls at 9,10 or 12 to get married do not exist in our contemporary world.if at all,marrying girls at such tender age conflict with our modern world and even with islam in our present day.isnt islam for all times and ages? why are muslims stuck in the 7th century when we believe islam is also for the future? muslim girls in villages and from poor families are $exually exploited in the name of following religion while their counterparts elsewhere are advancing in education.and you expect muslims to be the "best community for mankind that God made".it is not going to happen like that.morality should not either be used as the reason for a 50 year old senator to marry a 13 year old girl because a girl can still be educated and chaste to marry at a later age.it all depends on the home that nurture the female daughter.

and to conclude,i replied for the sake of other readers,because I know Vedaxcool cannot comprehend what I typed for lack of understanding and insight into how humans in a modern age should think and behave in tune with islam.

You manners resemble that of mr. khomini, as usual u are so taken by your mental illness that your capability to reason is lost, I am not going dignify your stupidity that is well documented on NL, How old was Fatimah when she married Ali, Shias again said 9[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatimah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_view_of_Fatimah], there must be something about the age 9, you are free to practice your modern form of Islam which even contradict what khomini said, if Yerima is pervert for finding nothing wrong with people marrying minors (khomini reversed the age of marriage to 9 around 1989/1990) then Khomini using similar standard is an outstanding pervert, as he proposed the reversal of teh age of conscent at a time most of part of the world was modernising and actually increasing the age, Iran parliament again filled with perverts using your words, said 'The legal affairs committee of the Majles, the Iranian parliament, has told the press that they regard the law that prohibits girls below the age of 10 from being married off to be 'un-Islamic and illegal'. that you suffer chronic hypocrisy is not new, or that you are simply daft is well established, but when you pass your daft opinion, make sure you register them as being your opinion representing how you innate nature of being a fool is well catered for!
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by LagosShia: 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@LagosShia, may Allah fill your face with His grace. I have nothing to add again. Sometimes you wonder how foolish certain people are in this modern age.

Ameen my dear brother. please keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by AlBaqir(m): 10:32am On Oct 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

..., How old was Fatimah when she married Ali, Shias again said 9[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatimah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_view_of_Fatimah], there must be something about the age 9,...

It seems you just read to criticize otherwise you would see there are actually two dates of birth for Bibi Fatima. Here's the wikipedia you quoted:

"Fatimah (Arabic: ﻓﺎﻃﻤﺔ Fāṭimah ;[pronunciation 1]
born c. 605[6][7] or 615[8] – died 633)..."

633 - 605 = 28
633 - 615 = 18

According to Ibn Hisham and many other prominent Islamic historian, it is affirmed that the holy prophet (saws) had Fatima (a.s) when he was 35years of age; making Fatima 28 years old when the prophet died at 63years of age.

With this analysis ,you can then deduce when exactly Bibi Fatima married Imam Ali (a.s).
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by arsenalwenger: 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Whether 9 or 17 it is a pervert for a 55+ yr old man to marry girls in dis age category. It is morally and ethically wrong and i dont think it warrant any scholarly debate.

Lets put religion aside, occasionally, and use our head. Any man of 55yrs old dat lust after a girl of 9 is a 'psycho',
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by AlBaqir(m): 6:43am On Oct 29, 2013
arsenalwenger: Whether 9 or 17 it is a pervert for a 55+ yr old man to marry girls in dis age category. It is morally and ethically wrong and i dont think it warrant any scholarly debate.

Lets put religion aside, occasionally, and use our head. Any man of 55yrs old dat lust after a girl of 9 is a 'psycho',

How old was Mary when Joseph the carpentar married her? I believe you don't wanna hear it! He was 90+ years when he married Mary of 12years!
According to you, I think "psycho" is an understatement word to use in this case.
Ask, read and research....

You call that lust! What you call "lust" is what the reverend father's doing to girl-child in Rome, Finland et al.

Please before you accuse ignorantly, why don't you trace your history first and see if you are absolved of ...

What is morally and ethically wrong is when you
Check your bible, you will see a "prophet" who slept with his two daughters; and they bear him children; and these children happened to be the grand-daddy of your Lord and saviour according to the so-called geneology given to him in the new testament.
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by arsenalwenger: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
Al-Baqir:

How old was Mary when Joseph the carpentar married her? I believe you don't wanna hear it! He was 90+ years when he married Mary of 12years!
According to you, I think "psycho" is an understatement word to use in this case.
Ask, read and research....

You call that lust! What you call "lust" is what the reverend father's doing to girl-child in Rome, Finland et al.

Please before you accuse ignorantly, why don't you trace your history first and see if you are absolved of ...

What is morally and ethically wrong is when you
Check your bible, you will see a "prophet" who slept with his two daughters; and they bear him children; and these children happened to be the grand-daddy of your Lord and saviour according to the so-called geneology given to him in the new testament.
This is not a personal attack on ur prophet, so dnt blame other pple to justify ur prophet's misbehaviour. Can u giv ur 9-year daughter into marriage with a 55 or more?

There is no biblical prophet that slept with his daughter, the person u r talking about is Lot, Abraham's cousin. Lot is a bible character and was never a prophet, maybe the quran take him for a prophet. And note that the generation\children born from that union were cursed, the moabite to be precise.

The bible never mentioned the age of joseph wen he got married to mary (maybe the quran did in order to justify mohammed's pedophilic character, i am not sure).

Mohammed is a religios leader who is made to live an unpright and moral life, and should be able to control his sex urge. U seem to be comparing mohammed with catholic priest who are engaged in immoral behavior, wat does that tell u? Logically u r placing mohd with same level with few catholic priest who hav been accused of child molestation. From my conclusion those catholic priest and mohammed are not worthy to be called messengers of God since they are gulity of the same crime.
Re: Was Aisha 9 Or 17 When She Married The Prophet? by AlBaqir(m): 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
arsenalwenger: This is not a personal attack on ur prophet, so dnt blame other pple to justify ur prophet's misbehaviour. Can u giv ur 9-year daughter into marriage with a 55 or more?

There is no biblical prophet that slept with his daughter, the person u r talking about is Lot, Abraham's cousin. Lot is a bible character and was never a prophet, maybe the quran take him for a prophet. And note that the generation\children born from that union were cursed, the moabite to be precise.

The bible never mentioned the age of joseph wen he got married to mary (maybe the quran did in order to justify mohammed's pedophilic character, i am not sure).

Mohammed is a religios leader who is made to live an unpright and moral life, and should be able to control his sex urge. U seem to be comparing mohammed with catholic priest who are engaged in immoral behavior, wat does that tell u? Logically u r placing mohd with same level with few catholic priest who hav been accused of child molestation. From my conclusion those catholic priest and mohammed are not worthy to be called messengers of God since they are gulity of the same crime.

Misbehaviour? Lol!

Now you try to justify that bible did not give Joseph age to be 90years when he married a 12year old Mary; since history might err. Then why the attack on my beloved prophet?
Qur'an likewise never mention that the holy prophet married Aisha at the age of 9! Some historical account did while modern research found fault with that that Aisha was actually 17years Old and not 9.
So you tell me any problem with that?

Medically, socially, morally etc tell me what's wrong with a 55years Old man marrying a 17years old woman?

I tell you brother, amiable professors like Michael H. Hart, Will durant, Karen Armstrong etc elevated the personality of my prophet so high that even their Lord and saviour was placed second to him.
They wrote books upon books to defend his marriages so its never a suprise to me if a nonentity like you talks. It doesn't count.

So have u search your bible and find the "cursed generation" of Lut being the fore-fathers of Jesus? Two different geneologies were given to a Man who has no geneology!

I find it difficult to attack the character of Jesus in the bible despite all the lies against him (a.s) there. Muslims never insult prophets of God.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Women / Challenge To All Muslims / I Am Just Joking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.