Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo (1304 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo Drags Buhari To Court! / Corruption: I Come To Bury Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo / We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by LocalChamp: 10:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo

Posted: September 24, 2013 - 14:50

Dear President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, PhD, GCFR: Welcome to America, Mr. President. I’m glad you are not just in America but you are, as we say here in Brooklyn, in my neck of the woods.

I’m sorry I have not been able to come to see you. I’ve been kind of busy, you know. It may surprise you to know that in this part of the world, there is no free lunch. The best that I’ve seen is buy one and get one free. I actually wanted to pull my kids out of school to have them line up on 7th Avenue to wave the Nigerian flag as you pass. But their teachers threatened to call social services and have them taken away from me by the state for neglect.

I’m trying to eke out a living over here. I’ve tried several times to see if President Obama will give me an oil block but I’m consistently told it won’t happen. I’ve even donated $50 dollars here and there to the Democratic Party but the man just sends me thank you notes. Na thank you me and my family go chop?

Anyway, how has your visit been so far? I understand that you have been having a great time. You drive around well paved roads with closed sewage systems; you enjoy constant supply of light without the sound of generators hurting your ears; and you breathe air that is not polluted by poisonous gases coming off generators. I’m sure that the water pressure from your presidential suite’s bathroom shower is powerful. No houseboy is needed to carry a bucket of water upstairs for you.

I know that you have no need for it, but if you try the stove in your kitchen there, gas will come out. No need carrying gas cylinders around. Just so you know, these things do not happen only in expensive hotels like yours. It happens even in the poorest part of Alabama and Tennessee.

I know what you will say- Rome was not built in a day. Yes. It’s the usual excuse that I hear. Please do me a favor, when you come back from listening to the First Lady address African First Ladies, please tune to History channel on your TV. You will see that when America was 53 years old, it had structure and strategic planning and was guided by ethical people who had purpose and love for country. If age makes all the difference, how come Mexico is where it is today while America is somewhere else? How long ago did Haiti gain its independence compared to Sweden?

I had wanted to ask if you have had the chance to go into New York City’s subway, but then I remembered that you move around the city in a limo. The network was built over a century ago and continues to be expanded and upgraded. It moves 2 million New Yorkers around every day. It was not abandoned soon after the opening ceremony the way Abuja National Stadium was for which you needed to spend N300 million to renovate.

I’m sure you breezed through the Central Park. That is a modern wonder of nature reserve. It has been preserved there for over a century. No politician has sliced it up and given to his wife and business associates. In a city where land is more expensive than gold, the 1317 square miles of space, at $1000 a square foot, is worth over 39 trillion dollars. Mouthwatering, isn't it?

Anyway, I saw you on MSNBC as you rang the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange yesterday. Cool. It must have felt good. Olusegun Obasanjo, despite all his garagara, never got the chance to hold that hammer and strike. I’m happy for you. I’m happy that you have seen where Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke did her internship. Where she learned all the abracadabra she implemented at our stock exchange.

I’m really sorry I could not make it to the luncheon you had with Nigerian professionals on Sunday. Well, do you want to know why? Your ambassadors told me that the dog ate my invitation. I guess that’s diplomatic speak for “enemy of the state.” I understand that it went very well. You came, you saw, you mesmerized. A friend of mine who was there told me that you made it clear that your enemies must allow you to govern because you won the election.

I feel your pain. If I were around, I would have told you to ask President Obama how things have been for him when you met him on Monday. He, too, won- twice. Yet, some still do not believe he is a legitimate president. Some still demand that he shows his original birth certificate before he is allowed into the White House. There are people in the US Congress who have dedicated the rest of their careers to oppose anything Obama supports. They do everything to undermine laws like Obamacare. But Obama is not going about complaining that they must allow him to govern. He is governing. He understands that it comes with the territory.

You know what, try turning on that TV in your $9000 a night hotel room. Tune to Fox news. Watch it for just 30 seconds and tell me what you think? I bet you, after watching Fox news for one hour, you will never say that you’re the most criticized president in the world. Imagine Obama, acting like you by not making public his assets, he would have been ran out of town- impeached and banished to Hawaii.

I understand that you told Obama during your meeting with him that he must help fix Nigeria. Ok, Mr. President, I guess people around you did not tell you this. This is America, Jack. Here we refrain from using “must.” The use of “must” almost always illicits the response, “who the F… do you think you are?”

The world may be broken but for Obama’s people, it’s been a pretty good life. If you doubt me, just check their life expectancy and compare it to ours. He must not fix Africa for his world to keep rolling. He must not fix Nigeria for his world to keep rising. It’s you, the man “we” elected, who must fix Nigeria. That’s why we elected you. You start it, pursue it with all your might, and then, if you need help, maybe Obama can help you. You don’t say that you know corrupt people in Nigeria but won’t mention their names because they will attack you and then beg Obama to come and fix Nigeria. Common, man!

I was told that you will be speaking at the United Nations today. You will speak on behalf of the government and people of Nigeria. I hope you don’t mind if I tell you something to say since you will be speaking on my behalf, too.

Each year you join other world leaders to troop into New York City to make a speech in that US National Security Agency bugged chamber. A speech nobody in this chamber will remember even before you get back to your seat. Even though the world media is there, they will not print any word that you say there today. For them, your presence there is just for the fulfillment of all righteousness.

Your large entourage of aides and hangers-on will justify the hundreds of thousands of taxpayers’ dollars you spent to bring them here by going into meetings and bilateral talks with other nations of the world. You tell us that you are bringing investments, aids, capacity building to our people at home by striking deals with investors and governments across the globe. We have done this for over fifty years. When will you stand up and say to the world that it’s time we stopped deceiving ourselves.

You know that they expect you to restate how you plan to collaborate with the international communities to pursue peace in Africa and around the world. They expect you to talk about our fight against terrorism in Nigeria and how it fits into the global war against terror. They also expect you to say the mandatory banality about the scourge of corruption in Nigeria and what you are doing about it. And, of course, they are looking forward to hearing you talk about poverty alleviation and how to lift millions of our people out of poverty and into the middle class.

Are you not tired of playing this game of words with them? When will you get out of the business of setting goals that you know are not going to be met in millenniums yet to come? Are you not tired of delivering platitudes to a people who desire concrete results?

Sir, please, do me a favor, tell them that you’re not the brightest crayon in the box. It’s important else they brand Nigeria on the basis of your performance.

I wish you all the best. I’ll try and stop by after work. Maybe we can go to Aso Rock Restaurant in Queens, New York and eat fufu and egusi soup. Are you coming?

Yours truly,

Fellow Nigerian citizen

http://saharareporters.com/column/welcome-america-pres-jonathan-rudolf-ogoo-okonkwo

9 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by badmeat(m): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
undecided
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Ikengawo: 11:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
I understand the fact that sentiment trumps fact in nigeria but to leave nigeria and carry the mentality is doing yourself a disservice.
This article is about GEJ not liking his opposition and compares him to Obama, who evidently loves his.

I dare anyone that agrees with this diatribe to name one thing Obama has achieved in America.
More importantly use facts, don't come in saying things like GEJ didn't declare his assets, when he declared his assets and passed and FOI bill that has exposed subsidy and pension fraud in this country.

This guy wants to write a 115 IQ piece with a 85 IQ assessment capacity. We're beyond this.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by luvmijeje(f): 12:24am On Sep 25, 2013
Beautiful article. What I love about this article, is the way the writer put to shame the blame tactic of the President. He is so good in blaming everybody but himself. 2015 where art thou?

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by bloggernaija: 12:41am On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by bloggernaija: 12:42am On Sep 25, 2013
Ikengawo: I understand the fact that sentiment trumps fact in nigeria but to leave nigeria and carry the mentality is doing yourself a disservice.
This article is about GEJ not liking his opposition and compares him to Obama, who evidently loves his.

I dare anyone that agrees with this diatribe to name one thing Obama has achieved in America.
More importantly use facts, don't come in saying things like GEJ didn't declare his assets, when he declared his assets and passed and FOI bill that has exposed subsidy and pension fraud in this country.

This guy wants to write a 115 IQ piece with a 85 IQ assessment capacity. We're beyond this.
1Cash for clunkers to save the auto industry
2Healthcare law.
3Attracting lost jobs back from Asia through incentives.
4Moving the country out of recession despite massive obstruction.
5creating a green economy
6Giving incentives to tech sector to further new sectors like 3d printing.
7 Mass increase in research expenditure.
8 mortgage support. And many more
9 Lilly ledbitter act(equal pay for equal work)
Mr ,you are talking USA here
Not brain dead nigeria .
While there are the usual hypocritical religious nutters like most Nigerians are,
These are some of the issues that influence people's vote .

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 25, 2013
Ikengawo: I understand the fact that sentiment trumps fact in nigeria but to leave nigeria and carry the mentality is doing yourself a disservice.

Dude, pls just SHUT THE FUC.K UP! I still wonder why this country doesnt require a psychological test before allowing you backwards fuckas in here!

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 25, 2013
bloggernaija:
2Healthcare law.
Not brain retarded nigeria .
While there are the usual hypocritical religious nutters like most Nigerians are,

Why did you even reply the illiterate dunce. God, most Nigerians like that fuc*king hypocrite just irritate the hell out of me.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 25, 2013
luvmijeje: Beautiful article. What I love about this article, is the way the writer put to shame the blame tactic of the President. He is so good in blaming everybody but himself. 2015 where art thou?
You and Rudolf are confused. How do you compare the distractions faced by Obama and that of GEJ? Is Obama faced with internal terrorism, the kind that until recently, led to destruction of parts of north? Just imagine the kind of attack that happened in Kenya in the last few days, happening over and over again. Isn't that enough to distract the president of Kenya? What about the crisis that is rocking the PDP? Did Obama face any serious opposition by his fellow party men enroute to the last election?

What Obama is faced with is mostly noise from opposition elements and maybe delay or opposition to passage of some bills. But GEJ also faces that and has not complained about those areas.
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You and Rudolf are confused. How do you compare the distractions faced by Obama and that of GEJ? Is Obama faced with internal terrorism, the kind that until recently, led to destruction of parts of north? Just imagine the kind of attack that happened in Kenya in the last few days, happening over and over again. Isn't that enough to distract the president of Kenya? What about the crisis that is rocking the PDP? Did Obama face any serious opposition by his fellow party men enroute to the last election?

What Obama is faced with is mostly noise from opposition elements and maybe delay or opposition to passage of some bills. But GEJ also faces that and has not complained about those areas.

Are u insane, u dense clown? Obama is not faced with internal terrorism? WTF do you think happened in Boston? If it was in that ur shiyythole of a country the President wouldve been begging them and calling them his brothers or saying "Its our turn to get blown up", then all the Chechynans wouldve grown boulder sized balls and flooded the U.S trying to kill us all. Obama faces only noise? Whats GEJ done to show that hes an effective leader? Did u hear Obama eating $32,000/day meals? Or did u hear that he built a N16Billion mansion for his VP while Americans are homeless? Did u hear that he bought Private Jet after Private jet, or that Michelle accepted to be a Government official in Indiana even though shes obviously not qualified and has still never shown up for work even for a second? Or did Obama pardon a fugitive that ripped off funds for Americans and is wanted internationally? What of N500million newspapers or N300million cutleries? Has Obama been accused by a foreign court of masterminding bombings that killed Americans on U.S soil just in desperation of winning elections? Did Osama let it be known that hes a good friend of Obama like Okah did GEJ when they had a fallout? Or did Obama tell Osama he was "...still willing to work with him" if he agreed to stop exposing him instead of putting a bullet or 20 in the back of his skull on behalf of Americans.

I swear, u fuxckas disgust the hell out of me. Youre mostly devils in human skin and your inability to tell simple truths is just appalling.

13 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 25, 2013
bloggernaija:
2Healthcare law.
Not brain dead nigeria .

Ewu! So you too can count achievements? You turned blind eye to the achievements of your president (assuming you'r a Nigerian) but here you counting the achievements of the president of another country? How foolish can you be? You'v taken your hatred too far.

Meanwhile, 80% of those things on your list can also be counted as back home as achievements for GEJ. Because you turned blind eye does not viciate these achievements. Good night
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 25, 2013
kingoflag:

Are u insane, u dense clown? Obama is not faced with internal terrorism? WTF do you think happened in Boston? If it was in that ur shiyythole of a country the President wouldve been begging them and calling them his brothers or saying "Its our turn to get blown up", then all the Chechynans wouldve grown boulder sized balls and flooded the U.S trying to kill us all. Obama faces only noise? Whats GEJ done to show that hes an effective leader? Did u hear Obama eating $32,000/day meals? Or did u hear that he build a N16Billion mansion for his VP while Americans are homeless? Did u hear that he bought Private Jet after Private jet, or that Michelle accepted to be a Government official in Indiana even though shes obviously not qualified and has still never shown up for work even for a second? Or did Obama pardon a fugitive that ripped off funds for Americans and is wanted internationally? What of N500million newspapers or N300million cutleries? Has Obama been accused by a foreign court of masterminding bombings that killed Americans on U.S soil just in desperation of winning elections? Did Osama let it be known that hes a good friend of Obama like Okah did GEJ when they had a fallout? Or did Obama tell Osama he was "...still willing to work with him" if he agreed to stop exposing him instead of putting a bullet or 20 in the back of his skull on behalf of Americans.

I swear, u fuxckas disgust the hell out of me. Youre mostly devils in human skin and your inability to tell simple truths is just appalling.
Another emotional outburst. I said internal terrorism. Hope you know the difference? Ewu! Good night!
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by bloggernaija: 1:08am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Mumudom reply.
Obama is faced with global threats including terrorism ,WMD,piracy,regional instability etc.
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Another emotional outburst. I said internal terrorism. Hope you know the difference? Ewu! Good night!

Youre a mor.on of the first order!

Did I or did I not start off with ur idiotic statement about Internal terrorism?

But, meanwhile, come o bros... how come u ignored every other aspect of my post? Na so fear catch u reach?

7 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nightshift(m): 1:16am On Sep 25, 2013
Mr. Okonkwo really touched bones with his beautiful assessment of these two different political cultures.
A Nigeria politicians tick skin prevents most of them from reasoning like their Western counterparts.
A president is elected to lead, not follow from behind. Neither do people who elected you expect excuses for non performance.

A few days ago, Mrs Angela Merkel ( few people outside Germany know she has a P.hD in physics) was handsomely rewarded by German voters, for showing leadership during Europe's most difficult economic crisis since Euro zone's birth. Although she was named every possible things by those who were hurt by measures she proposed for Greece and other sick countried of Euro zone, she nevertheless believed she was doing the right thing.
Leadership comes from within, not from outside. President Obama's tough decisions during the global economic meltdown equally gave him his current second term. What Nigeria needs is a president that can steer the country through the rough roads.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by luvmijeje(f): 1:32am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

bla bla blagadarsh. Another round of excuses for the president. Who the hell is boko-haram when the President knows he has the whole security apparatus at his disposal. What the hell is called an opposition when he could and should have the support of the masses if only he can do the right. thing.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by agbameta: 1:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Ikengawo:

First of all
, are you a learner? grin
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by agbameta: 2:01am On Sep 25, 2013
I understand that you told Obama during your meeting with him that he must help fix Nigeria. Ok, Mr. President, I guess people around you did not tell you this. This is America, Jack. Here we refrain from using “must.” The use of “must” almost always illicits the response, “who the F… do you think you are?”

Wetin we do God or the crime we comit to deserve this abomination Aso Rock Jonathan Abdul el Retardeen Oponuburuku yi now?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Ikengawo: 2:16am On Sep 25, 2013
bloggernaija:
1Cash for clunkers to save the auto industry LOL
2Healthcare law. LOL
3Attracting lost jobs back from Asia through incentives. LOL
4Moving the country out of recession despite massive obstruction. LOL
5creating a green economy[b]LOOOOOOOL[/b]
6Giving incentives to tech sector to further new sectors like 3d printing. LOL
7 Mass increase in research expenditure. true
9 Lilly ledbitter act(equal pay for equal work) not obama
Not brain dead nigeria .

Imagine if this list was all that a Nigeria president did. He would be shot and an burnt, mind you im here in the states and nothing has changed between bush and obama.
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by FindOut(m): 2:44am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Don't Good night. Bia n éba !!! Pada si ibi bayi. Come back here and tell us why this is an 'emotional outburst'? Did he tell any lie? Come here and defend your clueless principal. Come and defend the financial, moral & lack of performance terrorism he is dishing out to Nigerians. Are you people just daft? Dont we see other world leaders? Havn't you observed other countries that hitherto used to be on the same level with Nigeria? Do their leaders behave so stupi.dly and say silly statements frequently like its compulsory? I dare even the Ghanian president to say something like he doesn't want to name corrupt elements for fear that he will be attacked!!!
Nonsense.

Let 2015 come, God willing, if i have the time, I will spend my efforts and energies to make sure you and your fellow paid agents are unsuccessful in selling this mistake to Nigerians again. HE WILL GO!!!!......unless he sits up...which is unlikely. All because of the money you r paid, & una go dey turn truth on its head dey deceive people say GEJ is d best thing since sliced bread when in fact you KNOW he is not. God dey look una o!

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by FindOut(m): 2:53am On Sep 25, 2013
kingoflag:

Youre a mor.on of the first order!

Did I or did I not start off with ur idiotic statement about Internal terrorism?

But, meanwhile, come o bros... how come u ignored every other aspect of my post? Na so fear catch u reach?

He can't defend it. I just want him to come and tell us how it is an "emotional outburst". Maybe perhaps you lied against Jonathan or something.
Defenders of one of the most corrupt and incompetent presidents in Nigeria's history.
OBJ is one agbaya that will never get a shred of respect from me. he went to shop for VP in the South South to an ailing president and he chose GEJ, when people like Donald Duke, Pat Utomi (that one sef hand no clean but he'll have been 50 times more effective than this oil thief in Aso rock) e.t.c. were there. People who at least showed a lot more promise that they could move the country forward.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:20am On Sep 25, 2013
bloggernaija:
2Healthcare law.
Not brain dead nigeria .

Cool and very lovely.
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 25, 2013
kingoflag:

Dude, pls just SHUT THE FUC.K UP! I still wonder why this country doesnt require a psychological test before allowing you backwards fuckas in here!
Yeah! On point man.
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 25, 2013
kingoflag:

Why did you even reply the illiterate dunce. God, most Nigerians like that fuc*king hypocrite just irritate the hell out of me.
There are times foools need to be answered.
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Who is this stupid guy? Are you paid for this job on NL? I have been following your posts here, and sincerely I am now convinced that you must be a rogue. Does it take so much to understand how more derailed Nigeria has been under this government?

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Katsumoto: 3:34am On Sep 25, 2013
Ikengawo:

Imagine if this list was all that a Nigeria president did. He would be shot and an burnt, mind you im here in the states and nothing has changed between bush and obama.

Don't kid yourself, you are in Alaigbo.

If you were in the US, you wouldn't be asking for one single achievement from Obama.

Obama has achieved a lot, even on issues that some may find reprehensible.

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Who is this stupid guy? Are you paid for this job on NL? I have been following your posts here, and sincerely I am now convinced that you must be a rogue. Does it take so much to understand how more derailed Nigeria has been under this government? And does it take so much to see how laid back this government is in addressing issues working against this nation? If it is mandatory that someone from my house must rule my town, he better be competent at doing the job or else, let someone from another house, who is competent do the job.
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Who is this stupid guy? Are you paid for this job on NL? I have been following your posts here, and sincerely I am now convinced that you must be a rogue. Does it take so much to understand how more derailed Nigeria has been under this government? And does it take so much to see how laid back this government is in addressing issues working against this nation? If it is mandatory that someone from my house must rule my town, he better be competent at doing the job or else, let someone from another house, who is competent do the job.
Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

1 Like

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Katsumoto: 3:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

1. The crisis rocking PDP is symptomatic of a leadership issue. GEJ faces opposition from folks in and out of his party

2. If GEJ had clean hands and he had big balls, he would lock up all those opposing him because most of them are looters.

3. The former NSA head has stated publicly that Boko Haram is a product of PDP members, the president's party

4. Boko Haram holding parts of the country to hostage is, again, symptomatic of a leadership issue. Evil as he may have been, Abacha would have crushed Boko Haram in one weekend.

5. Obama is facing opposition mainly because of his skin colour, there is not much he can do about that. GEJ is facing opposition mainly because of incompetence and a poor leadership style. Granted that GEJ is also facing problems because some Northerners want him to forget about 2015 but that wouldn't be a major issue if he were working hard. Instead, his wife is getting involved in issues that are of no concern to her and above her abilities. Students are sitting at home for months while GEJ is building new universities, senators are earning $1.4m annually. Heck, GEJ wants to start paying pension of colonial officers. I mean, who does that?

9 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by FindOut(m): 4:40am On Sep 25, 2013
Katsumoto:

1. The crisis rocking PDP is symptomatic of a leadership issue. GEJ faces opposition from folks in and out of his party

2. If GEJ had clean hands and he had big balls, he would lock up all those opposing him because most of them are looters.

3. The former NSA head has stated publicly that Boko Haram is a product of PDP members, the president's party

4. Boko Haram holding parts of the country to hostage is, again, symptomatic of a leadership issue. Evil as he may have been, Abacha would have crushed Boko Haram in one weekend.

5. Obama is facing opposition mainly because of his skin colour, there is not much he can do about that. GEJ is facing opposition mainly because of incompetence and a poor leadership style. Granted that GEJ is also facing problems because some Northerners want him to forget about 2015 but that wouldn't be a major issue if he were working hard. Instead, his wife is getting involved in issues that are of no concern to her and above her abilities. Students are sitting at home for months while GEJ is building new universities, senators are earning $1.4m annually. Heck, GEJ wants to start paying pension of colonial officers. I mean, who does that?

The simple truth of the matter is that Boko haram striking in the NORTH was(is) to GEJ's benefit. He knew (knows) that. The people around him knew that. It afforded him & his handlers the opportunity to play the victim & also loot billions in the name of fighting the insurgency. And that is why efforts were very lackadaisical till it began to become obvious that it was deliberate. & that is why I will never rule it out that Boko haram could have been operating with STATE FUNDS. I mean, if these guys really intentionally wanted to make life bad for jonathan, why strike in the NORTH & kill more voters & allow states fall into the 'State of Emergency' situation when the South South, the President's region was lying there with no special form of protection whatsoever!

Can someone tell we what has been done with the 1 trillion naira (over 6 BILLION US dollars) defence budgetSurely, a sector that took 25 percent of an oil producing nation's budget shouls be able to experience some massive overhaul that will be obvious to even the most staunch critics. Of course, the paid posters here will have us believe that the money was spent fighting boko haram as if Nigeria went to buy the entire troop of US marines to do the job.

And then, we havnt forgotten Azazi's statement & his sack that almost immediately followed it, & ultimately his death in a curious plane crash. We havn't forgotten the foot dragging on the prosecution of the BH "sponsors". I only hope nigerians will wise up. i strongly forsee that before & by 2015, we shall witness lots of startling revelations especially about "Boko haram" & their sponsors "who are in my government & everywhere".

7 Likes

Re: Welcome To America, Pres. Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by ziccoit: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2013
Mr GEJ is not at all a surprise to those who could see beyond ethnic and religion boundaries. He is only vindicating this group of right thinking Nigerians. He is the weapon installed by those who are hell bent in destroying what remain of Nigeria at all cost beyond irreparable level. Who is GEJ when we are talking of people of sound mind with astute leadership qualities? A failure from the very first seconds. I'm only waiting on what 2015 will bring and I believe it is not going to be Mr Clueless.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili On HARDTALK On BBC Live / O’odua National Assembly (ONA) / God Says I Am The Next Governor Of Lagos State- Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.