Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) (9647 Views)

Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death / Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C / England, Usa, Slovenia, Algeria: Group C - Group Of Champions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2006
Welcome pie1ect.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by ababoy1(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2006
Serbia and Argentina will go thru. The Ivorians will just miss out. Holland will be home quite soon - My head talking,

My Heart - I would love to see the Ivorians go thru, and maybe win it,
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by sage(m): 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2006
I fancy Holland and Argentina

Y Perkerman decided to axe Zanetti will alwayz puzzle me. One of the best right backs in the world over 10 straight yeas. And he had a good season last year.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by hucarson(m): 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2006
So many stars were left out in this group.
If u think Zanetti is bad for Argentina then do a team check on Holland.
Seedorf, Makaay,Van Hooijdonk were all left out.
I hope Van Basten gets it right with his team selection.
Ruud + Van Persie + Robben are all debutants but if they shake off the big-stage syndrome then expect Holland to have a delightful tournament.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2006
Many People are looking forward to Didier as Ivory coast main man but another star may still the show, his name is :

ARUNA DINDANE

He was born on 26th day of November 1980.

## He missed African cup of nations because he was bereaved##

## He is Drogba's strike patner##

## He won Ebony shoe for the best African player in Belgium##

## In 2003, he won the golden shoe as the best player in the Belgian league.

##He is a product of Asec Mimosa Soccer academy in Abidjan##

Watch out!

Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Grizzly(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2006
I think they'll share the show, 
U can't steal a show from D-DEER-DRUGBAG
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2006
Quotes on Ivory coast

If ivory Coast can get out of their group, i can see them getting all the way to the final [Franz Beckenbaure]

I[i]vory coast are a very strong team that are going to give teams a lot of trouble in the world cup. They are strong and physically powerful side and we had to play well to beat them[/i] { Spain's coach]
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by mukina2: 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2006
the Ivorians played well tho they ad lots of excellent chances they really tried .wish them the best in their next match
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by hucarson(m): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2006
Ivory Coast played very well but they lack the cutting edge to push things beyond the finish line.
Argentina has proven why they r hot favourites for this World Cup with Riquelme putting up the most brilliant individual display since the competition started.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by pie1ect(m): 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2006
If Ivory Coast get out of this deadly group, they are going very far in this tournament.

That said, ARGENTINA didn't play like potential cup winners today. Let's hope they improve.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 12:19am On Jun 11, 2006
True to prediction, Ivorians play very well.

I am proud of them.

Whether they go through or not, they have give good account of themselves as a Debutant.

I hope our Super eagles are watching.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by spikelord(m): 12:32am On Jun 11, 2006
Yes, I just hope they are watching!
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by IAH(f): 4:57am On Jun 11, 2006
At least Okocha watched.cheesy He said they (Ivorians) are very unlucky to be in this group. I hope they scale through and go far.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by jgirl3: 9:51am On Jun 11, 2006
I was especially pleased with Drogba, he tried. That goal that the keeper caught btw his legs was by God's grace. If not, it would have been a draw
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by hucarson(m): 9:54am On Jun 11, 2006
Ivory Coast should pack their bags and leave immediately.
This team is very unlucky to have been in this group and they will not WIN any match in the group.
I don't see Cote D'Ivorie beating Holland and even Serbia & Montenegro.

@Pie1ect,
Argentina played the most enterprising game yet seen at this tournament. I saw some crisp passes that England, Germany and Sweden failed to put together in their matches.
Pekerman(Argentina's Manager) is keeping an eye on Holland which prompted him to substitute Crespo and Saviola for the big one.
In the latter stages of that match, Argentina was willing to protect their lead rather than push things further and that gave Ivory Coast some breathing space to operate.
Having said that, Argentina's bench is also something to think about. Tevez and Lionel Messi are yet to be unleashed so keep ur fingers crossed.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by jgirl3: 9:57am On Jun 11, 2006
I think we should still have hope for them. I did not see Trinidad & Tobago drawing with Sweden so miracles do happen. All we can do is hope
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by hucarson(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2006
I bet u have not seen the Dutch team yet.
Without a doubt, i can see Holland topping this group with ease.
Holland plays the best football in Europe and if they can prevent the internal under-currents and the self-destruct phenomenom that has been plaguing them for years then consider this team a finalist in the world cup.
How will Ivory Coast stop the attacking menace of Ruud + Robben + Van Persie?
Thats Arsenal + Chelsea + Man Utd upfront blended together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May God help Drogba and team-mates, Holland will kill them off in 45 mins.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by jgirl3: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2006
I know Holland is seriously tough, we can as well start pitying S&M in today's game. Holland will deal seriously with Ivory Coast. The best they can ask for is a draw.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Jackal(m): 10:39am On Jun 11, 2006
Babes,
S & M is tough as well.
I don't see any team taking 3 points off them in this group. They qualified for the world cup conceeding just 1 goal in 10 matches.
Have u heard of "the famous four" quartet?
The Famous four is the best rear-guard in the soccer world today and they all play for S & M.
Watch out for S & M,they are going to cause havoc to big teams.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by jgirl3: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2006
I can't wait for the match. I don't even know who i want to win it.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2006
@J-girl

Welcome to Sports section.

hucarson:

Ivory Coast should pack their bags and leave immediately.
I don't see Cote D'Ivorie beating Holland and even Serbia & Montenegro.

hucarson:

May God help Drogba and team-mates, Holland will kill them off in 45 mins.

Is this sentiments or Objective analysis?

I am sure our own Super eagles cannot play the way the Ivorians played excellently yesterday.

I watched the match with few oyinbo guys they cannot but amazed at such a good display of the ivorians.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2006
@Everyone

What can you say of Drogba and Yaya Toure?
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by jgirl3: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2006
thanks, kola

I think Drogba is just an excellent player. To me, he's the best in that team and Toure is a good player as well
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by mukina2: 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2006
yaya is a star. ireally enjoyed him yesterday he played really well.

you forgot to mention akale and zokora

drogba *mr goal* that captain  is one good player.

i know we will make it out of this group .
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Jackal(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2006
@ Akola
Unless u watched another match. Argentina blew Ivory Coast apart with the neatest of passes conjured by Riquelme.
Nigeria could have done better than Ivory Coast. Kalou was a shadow of himself(Mourinho will be wondering if he can have his money back)
Eboue was used and abused all thru the match but there were some few positives on the part of the Ivoriens
Drogba was relentless and Dindane and Yaya Toure were excellent.

I am going to take it personal the next time u compare the Ivorien team to the Super Eagles.
Nigeria whupped Bulgaria on their debut at USA 94. We all know how strong Bulgaria was at that time having qualified ahead of England and with mercurial stars like Stoichkov. Ivory Coast lost on their debut and u dare compare 'em with the Super eagles?
Is this a joke or u r just supporting Cote D'Ivoire because of Chelski's Drogba?

I am an African but i think Argentina were better tactically n technically.
Pekerman substituted his strikers because he had a bigger match against Holland and that was when Drogba and co really started to create chances.
Gabriel Heinze proved why he is the best left back defender in England. He made Drogba look like a primary school striker.
I back Argentina to go very far in this tournament.
Wait and watch when the whizz-kids Tevez and Messi joins the action soon.
Cote D'Ivorie ma ass.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2006
Jackal:

@ Akola
Unless u watched another match. Argentina blew Ivory Coast apart with the neatest of passes conjured by Riquelme.
Nigeria could have done better than Ivory Coast.

I am going to take it personal the next time u compare the Ivorien team to the Super Eagles.
. Ivory Coast lost on their debut and u dare compare 'em with the Super eagles?
Is this a joke or you're just supporting Cote D'Ivoire because of Chelski's Drogba?
Cote D'Ivorie ma ass.

I think you are carrying your pre-match prediction to the yesterday's reality.

Please note this:
1) My first world cup priority is African teams qualifying for the second round and

2) Brazil not winning the world cup [ i'm fed up with their winning]

3) I like Argies to win the world cup.

Questions

1) How many of Nigeria/Ivory Coast matches have you watched?

2) When was the last time Eagles play like that[the way CIV play yesterday]

3) Is our League comparable?
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2006
Jackal:

Please take it personal.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Akolawole(m): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2006
Jackal:

Argentina were better tactically n technically.
Pekerman substituted his strikers because he had a bigger match against Holland and that was when Drogba and co really started to create chances.

If you mean the Coach is right in his sustitution, i would say NO, for he is lucky the subs did not backfire. It is a matter of Luck

Remember Atlanta olympics: Nigeria VS Brazil. Samba boys were leading 3-1, Ronaldo was removed and preserve for the final match. What happened, It backfire as Nigeria equalized and beat them to the final.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by Jackal(m): 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2006
@ AKOLA,
His substitutions were ok compared to Eriksson's subs.
The Argies were leading 2-0 and the Ivoriens were looking shambolic and unrefined. What do u expect a manager that's got an eye on Holland to do?
Risk Crespo n Saviola to sustain injury in a match that's already been won?
Pekerman knew the Ivoriens wldn't have anything to offer so he took the risk and it paid off.
Watch out for Messi and Tevez when the heat comes.

Baq to your questions.

1) I have seen enough Nigeria/Cote D'Ivoire matches to sink "The Titanic".
U cannot compare the 2 teams at all. I don't blame u but our own mis-managed NFA who allowed complacency to eat deep into our football.
Nigeria should be qualifying for the World Cup easily.

2) Eagles would have done better than Cote D'Ivoire against Argentina. Eagles played better than 'em in the last CAN in january. Drogba's controversial goal was the difference. We demolished em in Tunisia 94.

3) Don't even go to the leagues.
Our cream of players don't even play in Africa so forget about the leagues.
All the leagues in Africa are nuthing to write HOME about.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by spikelord(m): 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2006
The Ivoriens couldn't have won that match. They fell for the kind of game which the Argentines know how to play.
Nigeria would have made a cool and victorious game out of that match if you ask me.
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by jgirl3: 12:12am On Jun 12, 2006
I totally agree. If Nigeria got their sh*t together that would have been a draw
Re: Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) by sade511(f): 12:15am On Jun 12, 2006
Cote D' Ivoire played like they had no faith in themselves.
They played so lazily.

Note this is the first soccer game I have ever undecided watched so take it easy on me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Have Lost So Much Money In Betting Pick My Games. / Congo Vs DR Congo: AFCON 2015 (2 - 3) On 31st January 2015 / Super Falcons Return To Nigeria On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.