Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha (8678 Views)

A Girl Died In Ilesha Prison / RLG Free BRT Bus Ride To Lagosians Throughout The Month Of April / About 20 Armed Robbers Robbed 2 Banks In Ilesha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by PaulJohn1: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2013
The State government of Osun state, in partnership with RLG, a multinational technology company based in Ghana is to build a phone manufacturing company in Ilesha, 0sun State.

The company which will begin operations in the next couple of weeks, and would produce various devices for the local market and for export.

According to the government of Osun, the establishment of the phone manufacturing company in the state is to create employment opportunities for youths in the state as well as make telephone and related devices affordable for the people.
It would also boost the nation’s information Communications Technology (ICT) industry as well as afford more people, particularly in the local areas opportunity to have access to mobile phones.

Meanwhile, speaking at the year 2013 Nigerian Telecom Development Lecture (NITDEL) in Lagos, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Airtel Nigeria, Segun Ogunsanya, commended Governor Rauf Aregbesola for setting up the modern telecommunication and mobile devices manufacturing company in the state.

The Airtel boss, who noted that telecommunication has become a way of life of people across the world, lauded the vision of the Aregbesola government in looking beyond the immediate by making his government ICT-driven.
He equally lauded the governor for his technological revolution in the education sector with the pioneering e-learning device called Opon-Imo.

According to him, there is no doubt that the Governor of the State of Osun is one of the best promoters of ICT in the country adding “he has demonstrated this with the Opon-Imo (the Tablet of Knowledge) for the secondary school students.”
“The manufacturing of phone in the state is another huge boost for the telecoms industry, the local production of phone in Osun would certainly help a large number of people to have access to phones and other telecom devices thereby expanding the state’s and the nation’s ICT base.”

While saying that all should encourage Governor Aregbesola to do more things of what people want, Ogunsanya called on government at all levels to help the players in the telecom sector by creating an enabling environment for the development of ICT, particularly the laying of fiber optic cables for the expansion of the county’s broad band infrastructure.
Ogunsanya said but for the robust support being provided by the governor, the RLG Company would not have found the business environment conducive enough to operate.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=123199

3 Likes

Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by nerodenero: 8:45am On Sep 25, 2013
Osun and Ogbeni Rauf always in the news for the right reasons.Thumbups Governor,there is still room for you to do more.Osun a dara ooo

3 Likes

Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by sEyi6: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2013
Not surprised, it's Aregbe.
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Tolexander: 9:13am On Sep 25, 2013
Nice work!

I like how this governor is distributing his innovatives throughout the state.
Garment factory in osogbo, palm oil producing factory in ife and now phone manufacturing in ilesa. These are the 3 major towns in osun.

JP! How far, na you be the publicity secretary to the state government of osun abi. I no mind any post o.
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by veraponpo(m): 9:18am On Sep 25, 2013
Good one.

Ride on Mr Aregbesola
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by PaulJohn1: 10:06am On Sep 25, 2013
Tolexander: Nice work!

I like how this governor is distributing his innovatives throughout the state.
Garment factory in osogbo, palm oil producing factory in ife and now phone manufacturing in ilesa. These are the 3 major towns in osun.

Yes, but he hasn't done much for my village(Ada) other than building public school undecided

Tolexander:
JP! How far, na you be the publicity secretary to the state government of osun abi. I no mind any post o.

Lol, I wish. I've never even seen the gov live before nor do I really stay in Osun, Just being patriotic. cool

1 Like

Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Brimmie(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2013
OGBENI.. Wha More Can I Say!? cheesy cheesy

God Bless You Sire!!
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by geeez: 10:23am On Sep 25, 2013
I won't be surprised if Osun State becomes the second biggest economy in Nigeria in less than 3yrs. Already for last year, it had one if the highest GDPs in the country

Well done Aregbe

2 Likes

Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Tolexander: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2013
Paul John:

Yes, but he hasn't done much for my village(Ada) other than building public school undecided
don't worry bro, all na turn by turn. Likewise my village. When it is done, i shall invite to to ada nikon golf to celebrate!

Lol, I wish. I've never even seen the gov live before nor do I really stay in Osun, Just being patriotic. cool
i do see him live on newspaper anyway.
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by sEyi6: 10:31am On Sep 25, 2013
geeez: I won't be surprised if Osun State becomes the second biggest economy in Nigeria in less than 3yrs. Already for last year, it had one if the highest GDPs in the country

Well done Aregbe

Mind backing that up with fact and a reliable source.

I'm interested.

1 Like

Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by amarilo: 10:32am On Sep 25, 2013
Can we see the phones the company manufactured already from their Ghana base.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by PaulJohn1: 10:40am On Sep 25, 2013
Tolexander: don't worry bro, all na turn by turn. Likewise my village. When it is done, i shall invite to to ada nikon golf to celebrate!

Let's hope so...
It's 'MicCom'(from Micheal and Comfort) and not 'Nikon'

Tolexander:
i do see him live on newspaper anyway.
cheesy cheesy
Lwkmd.
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by superboi(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2013
amarilo: Can we see the phones the company manufactured already from their Ghana base.

Saw them in Ghana when I was there in July this year. They also made Laptop the seem to be like a Zinox type of company
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Ismahill(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2013
Frontpage tinz
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Tolexander: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2013
Paul John:

Let's hope so...
It's 'MicCom'(from Micheal and Comfort) and not 'Nikon'

cheesy cheesy
Lwkmd.
you for PM me to tell me now.
Everybody don sabi my ignorance now.
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by bknight: 11:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Some governors continue to engage in real development but some will never change.

Those ones buying time on AIT everyday to broadcast worthless buildings of no economic value to their states.

Governors with full entourage going to commission bore-hole in 2013 and making useless speeches while laying foundation for state owned hotel/conference centre without shame! And my people will be jubilating undecided

Go on Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, I'm not from ur state but u and Gov Fashola have impressed with real developments.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2013
Mukina is from Osun state?
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by pet7: 11:44am On Sep 25, 2013
this is what we ar talking about patner china and other countries so dat we can produce all dis electronics
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 25, 2013
As usual God bless him abundantly
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by pafestula(m): 11:50am On Sep 25, 2013
Paul John:

Yes, but he hasn't done much for my village(Ada) other than building public school
Are you from Adaowode or Ada-ile? although by me is Ibokun ...... back to topic, this phone would bear O'phone!
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Lilimax(f): 11:50am On Sep 25, 2013
geeez: I won't be surprised if Osun State becomes the second biggest economy in Nigeria in less than 3yrs. Already for last year, it had one if the highest GDPs in the country
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by ichidodo: 11:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Story Story......
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by sCun: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
amarilo: Can we see the phones the company manufactured already from their Ghana base.
They contract Huawei and one Korean firm like that to manufacure cheap components for them, then they assemble it into cheap phones
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by PaulJohn1: 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
Tolexander: you for PM me to tell me now.
Everybody don sabi my ignorance now.

Heya, no vex cheesy

pafestula:
Are you from Adaowode or Ada-ile? although by me is Ibokun ...... back to topic, this phone would bear O'phone!

Ada-ile. But na we still get Ada-owode cool
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by HaffeezMahmud(m): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Why always u Aregbe! U're 1derful
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
I was chanced to witness the O-marathon organised by his excellency from Ilesa to Ijebu-ijesa, and what more can I say, Aregbesola is working osun is moving
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by sCun: 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
But this news has been going around since the beginning of this year even on Nairaland. They said it wil be completed by May, we are in September and they are still talking like they are just about to start. People should learn to celebrate more action and less talk
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by telexfree1: 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
Good development
Does the state govt have any shares in the new company ? Hope not. Would be much better if it was 100% private sector driven .

Any way, it's better to have a govt-driven project than to have none at all.
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by cycline404(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
I Love That State
Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Cleanman(m): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
ichidodo: Story Story......
Beefing time?.

1 Like

Re: Osun Partners RLG Tech. To Start Phone Manufacturing In Ilesha by Cleanman(m): 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
that guvnor is really doing great i must say.....I've seen Rlg products..they basically assemble phones/laptops/other electronic gadgets.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Releases New Video Of Recent Engagement With The Nigerian Army(Video) / 2020 Budget: FG To Complete 6 Secretariats In Anambra, Bayelsa, Others / Stop Buhari From Spending ₦26 Billion On Travels, Meals, SERAP Urges Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.