Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives (34515 Views)

See A Photo Of What The World's First Ambulance Looked Like? / Ambulance On An Emergency Runs Out Of Fuel (see Photo) / Lagos State Ambulance Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
are u sure it is correct to take water when bleeding heavily? Pls do more research on that.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by buskie13(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Where're de f#ckers who invented guns and bullets?
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by steinalb(m): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
maybe he didn't mean drinking water immediately the shot is received......he meant later.....after stopping d bleeding Or son...just guessing
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by steinalb(m): 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
maybe he didn't mean drinking water immediately the shot is received......he meant later.....after stopping d bleeding Or so...just guessing
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by marley145: 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Okija_juju: GET OKIJA JUJUs 2013 Compliant Odeshi #Thats all..

Effective against all types of weapons except: GPMG, RPG, Armoured Tanks and Nuclear Bombs..
what of clubs and stones? Are they not weapons too?
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Davidogar(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Drinking of water is dangerious? Never you try this my friends cause you will die instandly,@op becareful know what you say.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by jntyjnty007(f): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Use powder, it helps coagulate the blood. Nothing like living and working in a war zone for months on end, teaches you a lot.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
but op bro, are u in d habit of recieving bullets wounds?? Cos i no understand how u think dis kain topic?? Hope u aint an armed robber?? angry grin
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by chidozy15(m): 10:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Caracta: Drink water? Where will I get water from when "Al-Shaabab" is shooting everywhere

That's why it's good to always carry water around. Never leave your house without water in your bag or pocket! wink

Your funny cheesy
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by chidozy15(m): 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
jntyjnty007: Use powder, it helps coagulate the blood. Nothing like living and working in a war zone for months on end, teaches you a lot.
No wonder 007 de your name cheesy
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by saintjoel(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
I've once been shot by custom officials while trying to smuggle a car into Nigeria around 2009 and believe me,water is the last thing you should give a victim,even when they were moistening my lips with water,my mouth was so dry and it was like if i didn't drink water,I'll die but my cousins refused to give me water.

It was only a doctor in ilaro who managed to save me with some saline drips,blood transfusion even at that,it's an experience I'll not want to go through again,now no custom duty,no movement across the border.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by adejodan(m): 1:19am On Oct 01, 2013
D.lee:
One of the grand Ma in the village once told us that during the civil war that two brothers was shot and they were crying out for drinking water and when they were served with drinking water, they gave up a ghost without wasting time. Giving drinking water to a person that have been shot with bullet is deadly.
. After "they gave up a ghost", how many were they left with? grin
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by secnelly: 6:34am On Oct 01, 2013
The survival hints below is bent on keeping you alive until help comes and encompasses all of this factors.
DRINK A LOT OF WATER:

Water will help replenish your intravascular fluid lost during bleeding.

@OP, make more research.
Drink water when you sustain a bullet or immediately after a brutal accident and U run a risk of chosing ur eternity immediately.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by secnelly: 6:37am On Oct 01, 2013
OP: The survival hints below is bent on keeping you alive until help comes and encompasses all of this factors.
DRINK A LOT OF WATER:

@OP, make more research.
@all, Drink water immediately you sustain a bullet wound or immediately after a brutal accident and U run a risk of chosing ur eternity sharparly.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by gnykelly(m): 7:44am On Oct 01, 2013
this poster is not speaking from experience or giving the legal medical opinion. PLEASE DO NOT DRINK WHEN SHOT. It can only guarantee quick transition. Thanks
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Jomark(m): 7:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Satguru: One day I was watching a bullet-wounded criminal in a Police Station. After confession, he was given water and he gave up immediately.

THE AUTHOR OF THE ABOVE WRITE-UP IS NAIVE.
NEVER DRINK WATER WHILE SUSTAINING BULLET WOUND.
I think you are right. I was about asking too. It has happened to someone I know
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by crisycent: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2013
I heard it is dangerous to drink water when u'r shot.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Cypost: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2013
Op should edit the post and remove the misleading information. He should also learn to research a topic before writing and blogging.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by scaramenga: 8:49am On Oct 01, 2013
O_o why would anyone want to learn how to nurse a bullet wound abi soldiers dey nairaland?
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by scaramenga: 8:51am On Oct 01, 2013
mega jay: [img]http://1.bp..com/-V31CjIhQvOk/UkLPkHbUhCI/AAAAAAAAAjM/UG41sRNX_TU/s1600/images_871467519753.jpeg[/img]
This idea popped into my head few days ago after i learnt about the terrorist attack at a certain mall in Kenya(Rip to the dead)

The world is evolving into a state of: "if they are not me, kill them all and let them die" That is why we have to face reality, anything can happen at anytime the world is becoming more and more devastating everyday that anybody can be in the situation at anytime. A world of brutality and wickedness.

Okay, imagine you have been shot(God forbid), congratulations you survived

and there is no help around, or not even sure if any is coming soonest. Chances of surviving a bullet wound depends on various factors.

The dept at of the wound created by the bullet.

If the bullet has came in contact with major blood vessels, Organs, and bones.

The distance from the hospital

The type of bullet

The survival hints below is bent on keeping you alive until help comes and encompasses all of this factors.

TAKE COVER:

The first thing to do is to avoid another taking another shot by pulling yourself up unto a safe place.

MAKE NECESSARY ATTEMPTS TO PLACE A CALL FOR AN AMBULANCE OR CAL FOR HELP IF POSSIBLE.

MAKE SURE YOUR AIRWAYS ARE GOING THROUGH AND KEEO ON BREATHING.

FIGHT BLEEDING:

Wounds opens up a groove or vent for the confined blood inside your blood vessels to make their way out and a bullet wound is not an exception. Maybe the blood are always happy to be free from running around your body that's why you see them rushing out happily through your wounds. Everything likes freedom anyway.

Stopping a bleeding bullet wound could be very hectic depending on the dept of the bullet inside the body. And also if the bullet has sojourned through any main artery, organ or even the bones. An internal bleeding is more dangerous than a external bleeding. But in every bullet wound your goal will be to contrict the affected blood vessels around the wound, and this you can do through applying either pressure or a method called cautirizing(heating up a metal heavilly and placing it on the wound) oh my God this can be so painful you know? But in critical situations like this, pain is not a factor to be added up amoung the problems at hand. To apply pressure, use a pad over the wound and apply pressure directly to the wound. If you have nothing available, even your hand or fingers can be used to control bleeding. You can still employ other methods of stopping bleeding which you feel can help in the situation.

CALM YOURSELF DOWN:

You have to be calm and also stable physically, mentally spiritually and any other ally available. Moving the affected part will push the surrounding arteries to deploy more blood to the wounded part, causing more bleeding. And also, panic will increase your heartbeat, more blood will be pumped and with the open wound serving as a channel for the pumped blood to be deposited. Then spiritually in the sense that, your soul need to fight the fear of living the body, and this you can achieve by praying to your creator.

DRINK A LOT OF WATER:

PREVENT INFECTION:

When the bullet was plunging into your body, it cannot in there alone, it goes in with some particles of your hair, skin and also your clothe. All this particles, especially the skin will start decomposition immediatly because it is dead. And thereby setting up a breeding ground for bacterias which will end up causing an infection if not attended to. To prevent infection you have to keep the wound clean by cleaning it with water and a clean cloth. Continue doing that until the ambulance arrives to take you to the hospital for proper treatment and a removal of the bullet.

Thanks.

This article will need your opinions, suggestions and what you think about gun shot wounds and its survival in the absense of help.

Use the comment box below to talk to us. Have you encountered any experience related to this this? how did you survive? how was it like? how did it happen.

I will also like to learn, because I always like learning. I have not even touched a gun through out my life time, neither have I received a bullet shot before.

Thank you and remain blessed
http://cliniconomy..com/2013/09/how-to-survive-bullet-wound-until.html?m=0

O_o why would anyone want to learn how to nurse a bullet wound abi soldiers dey nairaland?
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by wisdompauls(m): 8:51am On Oct 01, 2013
Plzzzz pple, water and bullet wound are like boko haram and federal government. Don't try it.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by pippen213(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2013
Don't mind him. I don't know where he got his theory from?

Satguru: One day I was watching a bullet-wounded criminal in a Police Station. After confession, he was given water and he gave up immediately.

THE AUTHOR OF THE ABOVE WRITE-UP IS NAIVE.
NEVER DRINK WATER WHILE SUSTAINING BULLET WOUND.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Martbeat(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2013
Drink what? Water....? No oooo unless u won go straight.... You dont take wen engage in a bullet wond.... Nice stuff though
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by emmabest2000(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
Water is not needed if Incase it happend to anyone
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by j4sure(m): 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
mega jay: [img]http://1.bp..com/-V31CjIhQvOk/UkLPkHbUhCI/AAAAAAAAAjM/UG41sRNX_TU/s1600/images_871467519753.jpeg[/img]
This idea popped into my head few days ago after i learnt about the terrorist attack at a certain mall in Kenya(Rip to the dead)

The world is evolving into a state of: "if they are not me, kill them all and let them die" That is why we have to face reality, anything can happen at anytime the world is becoming more and more devastating everyday that anybody can be in the situation at anytime. A world of brutality and wickedness.

Okay, imagine you have been shot(God forbid), congratulations you survived

and there is no help around, or not even sure if any is coming soonest. Chances of surviving a bullet wound depends on various factors.

The dept at of the wound created by the bullet.

If the bullet has came in contact with major blood vessels, Organs, and bones.

The distance from the hospital

The type of bullet

TAKE COVER:

The first thing to do is to avoid another taking another shot by pulling yourself up unto a safe place.

MAKE NECESSARY ATTEMPTS TO PLACE A CALL FOR AN AMBULANCE OR CAL FOR HELP IF POSSIBLE.

MAKE SURE YOUR AIRWAYS ARE GOING THROUGH AND KEEO ON BREATHING.

FIGHT BLEEDING:

Wounds opens up a groove or vent for the confined blood inside your blood vessels to make their way out and a bullet wound is not an exception. Maybe the blood are always happy to be free from running around your body that's why you see them rushing out happily through your wounds. Everything likes freedom anyway.

Stopping a bleeding bullet wound could be very hectic depending on the dept of the bullet inside the body. And also if the bullet has sojourned through any main artery, organ or even the bones. An internal bleeding is more dangerous than a external bleeding. But in every bullet wound your goal will be to contrict the affected blood vessels around the wound, and this you can do through applying either pressure or a method called cautirizing(heating up a metal heavilly and placing it on the wound) oh my God this can be so painful you know? But in critical situations like this, pain is not a factor to be added up amoung the problems at hand. To apply pressure, use a pad over the wound and apply pressure directly to the wound. If you have nothing available, even your hand or fingers can be used to control bleeding. You can still employ other methods of stopping bleeding which you feel can help in the situation.

CALM YOURSELF DOWN:

You have to be calm and also stable physically, mentally spiritually and any other ally available. Moving the affected part will push the surrounding arteries to deploy more blood to the wounded part, causing more bleeding. And also, panic will increase your heartbeat, more blood will be pumped and with the open wound serving as a channel for the pumped blood to be deposited. Then spiritually in the sense that, your soul need to fight the fear of living the body, and this you can achieve by praying to your creator.

DRINK A LOT OF WATER:

PREVENT INFECTION:

When the bullet was plunging into your body, it cannot in there alone, it goes in with some particles of your hair, skin and also your clothe. All this particles, especially the skin will start decomposition immediatly because it is dead. And thereby setting up a breeding ground for bacterias which will end up causing an infection if not attended to. To prevent infection you have to keep the wound clean by cleaning it with water and a clean cloth. Continue doing that until the ambulance arrives to take you to the hospital for proper treatment and a removal of the bullet.

Thanks.

This article will need your opinions, suggestions and what you think about gun shot wounds and its survival in the absense of help.

Use the comment box below to talk to us. Have you encountered any experience related to this this? how did you survive? how was it like? how did it happen.

I will also like to learn, because I always like learning. I have not even touched a gun through out my life time, neither have I received a bullet shot before.

Thank you and remain blessed
http://cliniconomy..com/2013/09/how-to-survive-bullet-wound-until.html?m=0

DRINK A LOT OF WATER:

THIS IS A MISLEADING POINT!!!!!!!!!1
DONT EVER TRY TO DRINK WATER IF U ARE SHOT IF U DONT WANT TO GIVE D GHOST B4 GETTING TO THE HOSPITAL DONT JUST TRY IT. YES YOU WILL B VERY THIRSTY BUT DONT TRY TO DRINK WATER. PLS JUST CONFIRM DIS POINT FROM ANY MEDICAL PRACTITIONER
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by SWG1: 1:01am On Oct 02, 2013
i think drinking water has to do with either lysis or cardiovascular issue in relation to para n sympathetic. nervous system. Docs in the house lets research on this.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by dakotchic(f): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2014
A victim is usually advised not to take water or any food, this is because a) if the person's consciousness deteriorates, he may aspirate fluids into the lungs b) the extent of injury has not been assessed, as some may require surgical intervention+general anaesthesia- also for the aspiration risk.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by akwunmi(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
Useful tips......
Tnx alot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HIV Vaccine Breakthrough As Experts Generate Immune Cells To Stop Spread / Vaginal Douching: Helpful Or Harmful? / Young Man Affected By Chemical Explosion At His Place Of Work Recovers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.