Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. (5178 Views)

The Blessing Of Coming From A Broken Home / Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Travelista(f): 12:36am On Sep 27, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Poster,I can't c any disappointment instead all I c is bleeeeesing!!!
Why r u embittered that ur bro gave a woman belle at 24? Assuming he is 17 yrs nko?
If I were u, I will gladly welcome d lady.
We will go and do intro and court wedding sharp sharp. She will come and live with us. As we hustle for daily living, she will join hand(unless she is d type pregnancy de disturb well well). We drink garri, she drinks with us. After giving birth and nursing, all hands must be on deck. Wait a minute, ur bro looks very promising and having a wife and a kid will make him to try more.
Give them ur blessing jor! ( This ur mindset no gel at all).
In a civilised society, a 24yrs old is a complete adult!
Tell us when she born o!

And the brother being promising may be the cause of their 'disappointment': a wife and baby reduce the amount that brother can give them; OP's posts have been nothing but selfish and she lied from jump. She doesn't even know the girl and has painted her as some barely literate, old maid when it turns out the girl is her brother's age mate. Wouldn't be surprised to find the girl is also a student and/or working.

He obviously cares for the girl as he is still there with her and avoiding his meddling family.

1 Like

Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Jaynec(f): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2013
Travelista:

And the brother being promising may be the cause of their 'disappointment': a wife and baby reduce the amount that brother can give them; OP's posts have been nothing but selfish and she lied from jump. She doesn't even know the girl and has painted her as some barely literate, old maid when it turns out the girl is her brother's age mate. Wouldn't be surprised to find the girl is also a student and/or working.

He obviously cares for the girl as he is still there with her and avoiding his meddling family.
you are a big fool. All my family wants is a gud life for him. I was even planning to takecare of his education.

1 Like

Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Jaynec(f): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Poster,I can't c any disappointment instead all I c is bleeeeesing!!!
Why r u embittered that ur bro gave a woman belle at 24? Assuming he is 17 yrs nko?
If I were u, I will gladly welcome d lady.
We will go and do intro and court wedding sharp sharp. She will come and live with us. As we hustle for daily living, she will join hand(unless she is d type pregnancy de disturb well well). We drink garri, she drinks with us. After giving birth and nursing, all hands must be on deck. Wait a minute, ur bro looks very promising and having a wife and a kid will make him to try more.
Give them ur blessing jor! ( This ur mindset no gel at all).
In a civilised society, a 24yrs old is a complete adult!
Tell us when she born o!
lolss i like ur personality. Tnks for making me calm.
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
Jaynec: lolss i like ur personality. Tnks for making me calm.
Mmuah!!!

1 Like

Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by kabsun(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
If I were the Op, I wil calm down and calm my family down also.
Since she claimd she mean wel to her brother then she shld be thinking of how to help him take care of his responsiblity.
Shiiiits happens in life. Put yourself in the lady's and the child's shoe, then you wil understand.
I beg you, plz dnt do anything to seperate them. You too is growing and dnt knw wat you wil do in life that wil bring lots of blessings to urself.
Help them even if its wit prayers plz. God bless you. Wish you prosperity in life.

1 Like

Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Jaynec(f): 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
kabsun: If were the Op, I wil calm down and calm my family down also.
Since she claimd she mean wel to her brother then she shld be thinking of how to help him take care of his responsiblity.
Shiiiits happens in life. Put yourself in the lady's and the child's shoe, then you wil understand.
I beg you, plz dnt do anything to seperate them. You too is growing and dnt knw wat you wil do in life that wil bring lots of blessings to urself.
Help them even if its wit prayers plz. God bless you. Wish you prosperity in life.
tnks Kabsun. I appreciate.
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Travelista(f): 8:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
Jaynec: you are a big fool. All my family wants is a gud life for him. I was even planning to takecare of his education.

I'm a fool but you're taking medicine for another person's headache. Instead of pretending that you have anything going on in your life, get a job, get a life and get a man because you if you even had one of those, you wouldn't have the time to complain about your brother getting married and starting a family. Of all things to be upset about! Instead of 'planning to takecare of his education', why don't you give that money to your struggling father? You're all looking to chop from your brother's prospect and you're mad he's got a wife and kid that will (rightfully) come first. Nonsense.
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by StateOfMind: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Travelista:

I'm a fool but you're taking medicine for another person's headache. Instead of pretending that you have anything going on in your life, get a job, get a life and get a man because you if you even had one of those, you wouldn't have the time to complain about your brother getting married and starting a family. Of all things to be upset about! Instead of 'planning to takecare of his education', why don't you give that money to your struggling father? You're all looking to chop from your brother's prospect and you're mad he's got a wife and kid that will (rightfully) come first. Nonsense.

Now you are the one taking panadol for another person's headache cheesy cheesy, except you are the baby mama in question, I suggest you take a chill pill and stop acting like you know exactly what's going on in her family n her life. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Rhythm(f): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
StateOfMind:

Now you are the one taking panadol for another person's headache cheesy cheesy, except you are the baby mama in question, I suggest you take a chill pill and stop acting like you know exactly what's going on in her family n her life. cheesy cheesy

Shut your mouth little girl.
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Jaynec(f): 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rhythm:

Shut your mouth little girl.
@ Rhythm or what ever ..u talk anyhow
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Rhythm(f): 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
Jaynec: @ Rhythm or what ever ..u talk anyhow

To think that you cannot even spell your own name and you have the guts to add nonsense to mine. Dear Jaynet or whatever
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
To start with a 24yr old person is not a kid, and they can pretty much make decisions by themselves. Like someone suggested age isn't the threshold for maturity, because he's 24(you're just a year older) doesn't make him naïve.

However, I get part of where you are coming from, and it's only normal for you to want what you think is best for your brother. But, if he feels and believe he's doing the right thing, sister, I really don't see why you should work your nerves on it.

I know from what you stated, he's not making enough money to run a family and also support himself through school. But, I doubt it's just about that, I think(not sure) you feel that the girl isn't right for your brother which can be deduced from the way you wrote, "She's an illiterate", "She's quite older than him."

Nevertheless, the following questions should be looked into:

Why is he marrying the girl, is it because it's the right thing to do even though he's not really into her? Or is it because it's the right thing to do, he feels strongly and definite about the positive outcome of the relationship and he's also in love with her?

I like to believe it's the latter because there are only so many people that would go through with marriage just because they popped someone.

Jaynec, my advice to you is, try to show support to your brother instead of acting like he dissapointed the family when it's not like he stole a goat from the market. If you keep acting this way like you've got a panic attack or something, he's not going to open up to you.

BTW, your brother don't have to do a marriage with the girl right now. They can just do a light-weight introduction between family, stay together to take care of the baby and figure things out. But, don't try to separate them especially when the two parties believe strongly that they have everything under control.

"We all make choices in life, but the hardest part is living with them."
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Jaynec(f): 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
BOLAJIAJANI: To start with a 24yr old person is not a kid, and they can pretty much make decisions by themselves. Like someone suggested age isn't the threshold for maturity, because he's 24(you're just a year older) doesn't make him naïve.

However, I get part of where you are coming from, and it's only normal for you to want what you think is best for your brother. But, if he feels and believe he's doing the right thing, sister, I really don't see why you should work your nerves on it.

I know from what you stated, he's not making enough money to run a family and also support himself through school. But, I doubt it's just about that, I think(not sure) you feel that the girl isn't right for your brother which can be deduced from the way you wrote, "She's an illiterate", "She's quite older than him."

Nevertheless, the following questions you should be looked into:

Why is he marrying the girl, is it because it's the right thing to do even though he's not really into her? Or is it because it's the right thing to do, he feels strongly and definite about the positive outcome of the relationship and he's also in love with her?

I like to believe it's the latter because there are only so many people that would go through with marriage just because they popped someone.

Jaynec, my advice to you is, try to show support to your brother instead of acting like he dissapointed the family when it's not like he stole a goat from the market. If you keep acting this way like you've got a panic attack or something, he's not going to open up to you.

BTW, your brother don't have to do a marriage with the girl right now. They can just do a light-weight introduction between family, stay together to take care of the baby and figure things out. But, don't try to separate them especially when the two parties believe strongly that they have everything under control.

"We all make choices in life, but the hardest part is living with them."
Thanks Bolajiajani. God will continue to replenish your wisdom. I appreciate alot.
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by k4kenny(f): 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
As I'm reading the OPs story I was wondering whit I'll do if it were my son?TBH, I'll really be disappointed and I certainly won't 'mind my own business' as some people have suggested. Every one wants the best for their siblings/ loved ones so if one of them is veering off course, then there's cause for concern.

Jaynec, what has happened has happened, no need crying over spilt milk. Your brother has not come for your assistance, trust me he will in future. Till then just sit back and quietly observe. If he says the woman in question makes him happy, take his word for it after all he's a grown up. Its now all about the newborn, (s)he didn't asked to be brought into this drama so give him all the love and affection he deserves.

1 Like

Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2013
Jaynec: Thanks Bolajiajani. God will continue to replenish your wisdom. I appreciate alot.
You are welcome.
Re: Blessing / Upliftment unlimited. by Jaynec(f): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
k4kenny: As I'm reading the OPs story I was wondering whit I'll do if it were my son?TBH, I'll really be disappointed and I certainly won't 'mind my own business' as some people have suggested. Every one wants the best for their siblings/ loved ones so if one of them is veering off course, then there's cause for concern.

Jaynec, what has happened has happened, no need crying over spilt milk. Your brother has not come for your assistance, trust me he will in future. Till then just sit back and quietly observe. If he says the woman in question makes him happy, take his word for it after all he's a grown up. Its now all about the newborn, (s)he didn't asked to be brought into this drama so give him all the love and affection he deserves.
Thanks K4kenny , am greatful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her / Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? / Photos Of Two Patients Caught While Having S*x In Lagos Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.