Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. (3100 Views)

Elderly Man Who Died Having Sex Remains Attached To Partner / Xenophobia: Nigerian Men Are Snatching Our Wives – South African Politician / – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by GSKing: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
druid06:

I like you. You just explained everything I wanted to in a simple paragraph.
Well, what can i say? You bigots see only what u wanna see, read only what u wanna read, and understand only what u wanna understand. You dont see beyond the present. You refuse to accept the fact that we are humans and should be treated equally. Since you have refused to get acquainted with happenings beyond centuries ago, whatever result and agression ur homophobia dish to you becomes ur fault.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by druid06(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
GSKing:
Well, what can i say? You bigots see only what u wanna see, read only what u wanna read, and understand only what u wanna understand. You dont see beyond the present. You refuse to accept the fact that we are humans and should be treated equally. Since you have refused to get acquainted with happenings beyond centuries ago, whatever result and agression ur homophobia dish to you becomes ur fault.

Go read my whole comments not just snippets then try quote me once more.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
50calibre:

You are never going to be a somebody, if you dont change your perverted lifestyle
Geez quit the hate man.What I have today,I bet with my life you don't have half of it.I haven't even began my journey to greatness yet.When I do,u'll only open your eyes wide and be like "he said it,he became it".

Don't be decieved, gays would never be accepted among[b] negros[/b]
Lolz at that.There are lot's of gay negroes worldwide u know.go here for a min and see:
www.nairaland.com/1346617/lovely-pictures-gay-love

gays would never be accepted in Nigeria
They will be,it may take a decade or century for the realisation of this,but they will be recognised and tolerated not necessarily accepted as u put it.

And who told you my hate is unjustified?
Dude,stop turning tables,it is injustifiable.What have you against a minority who are harmless to the society with their lifestyle.

Homosexuality is a cancer of the society, an aberration
How many people as been caught up in it negatively.How has it in any form affected the well-being of the society.I demand you tell me,what do homosexuals do to the society.How do they harm others,

Two men displaying affections for one another, is a ghastly sight, one I believe should be punishable by death or life in a mental hospital
Imagine what u put out.it's ghastly.Does that scenery of two men locking lips make your blood boil.do you get high bp.it affects you in no certain manner okay.

Btw seems like you are a Christian, what does the bible say about homosexuality?
The bible as been misinterpreted too much to suit the homophobia of christians.Go here for further enlightenment.
www.nairaland.com/1421339/christian-still-gay

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
druid06:

It wasn't used to being that way. When homesexuality first came into light through the modern world, it was had getting used to that idea because we humans were raised in this traditional point of view that a man befriends a woman and form a relationship. It was hard understanding the sexxual relationship between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Recent studies have found out that today's society are already used to homosexual relationships and a good percentage of that number are accepting them. Take a look at the vast entertaining industry. Millions of homosexuals are thriving in that industry and are being successful without any prejudice from the society at large. Leading fashion moguls are mostly homosexuals and 'gay' fashion has generally been accepted into our todays world if you would agree with me. Heck, even the roman catholic pope gave a sermon subconciously accepting them as people into our society. This is a very big plus for gays out there because religion which was once a detrimental force and a deadly opposition to the existence of homosexuals are now giving homosexuality the checkers

Now here's the problem. There are still heterosexual males out there who still hasn't gotten used to that 'gay' idea and they are mostly the ones you see on social networking sites basing their theory on religion but mostly the reason why so many hasn't gotten used to that idea is because of their lack of illumination and ignorance, religious extremist/fundamentalist and poverty. Ok, this is a side topic for another time as I don't want further derail this subject. Now, here's another problem. The few straight individuals who are openminded and has already accepted homosexuality as just a natural phenomenom are constantly being under pressure to revert back to the outdated idealogy about homosexuality by gays themselves. Your constant attitudes and incessant show for attention is so annoying that sometimes we beg to differ. You guys wants to be treated different, in another word you want to be treated special which is not right. You guys are not special and unique. Being special and unique is totally different. When a human can fly, it means that human is special and unique but when a human favours homosexuality as his sexual preference, it doesn't change who is he is. He's still human and not special and not unique.

This is where the problem lies. You guys are trying to tell the world you are special and unique when you are not. You want special laws to be created for your needs. You want to be treated differently and special which is wrong. You ask to be treated with respect...Respect is not demanded but gained. Your attitude towards others gains you respect. If you act like a bitcch and want to be respected like a queen, it doesn't work that way. You don't go on social networking sites creating annoying threads about homosexuality and how you feel special and you think you're different and better than others and hoping straight individuals would like you. All the homosexual guys on nairaland have either created a thread about how being homosexual is cool and what not or commented on one. You don't see a straight nairaland dude creating a thread about being straight and demanding for respect because we don't need the attention. We know we're cool.

I'm not sure if you got the points I was trying to pass across but in case you didn't. Here's a short excerpt of all what I was trying to say. If you're gay, just be gay and don't try to wash your sexuality on others. It's annoying. Just live life and enjoy being what you are. Don't cause unneccessary attention towards yourself. Don't ask to be treated differently and don't demand respect. Live and enjoy life like a normal human and respect would come to you naturally.
Your problem still is having gays on the mainstream equals to decline of the heterosexual male ego.Gays don't celeberate any form of uniqueness,everyone has their uniquesness,gay or straight.it just happens gays have a higher level of intelligence and creativity.Hence you feel,gays need make themselves special.

You are only scared Gays are overtaking the spotlight straights are supposedly to occupy.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by druid06(m): 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Your problem still is having gays on the mainstream equals to decline of the heterosexual male ego.Gays don't celeberate any form of uniqueness,everyone has their uniquesness,gay or straight.it just happens gays have a higher level of intelligence and creativity.Hence you feel,gays need make themselves special.

You are only scared Gays are overtaking the spotlight straights are supposedly to occupy.

What spotlight are you overtaking? Is this what you could come up with. Pathetic.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by 50calibre(m): 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine:
Geez quit the hate man.What I have today,I bet with my life you don't have half of it.I haven't even began my journey to greatness yet.When I do,u'll only open your eyes wide and be like "he said it,he became it".

Hating for what, I do not want to be like you. As for your bet, I could have taken you up on that, the issue is the life of a fa*ggot is worth nothing, especially to me. I wouldn't want someone like you around me.

Lolz at that.There are lot's of gay negroes worldwide u know.go here for a min and see:
www.nairaland.com/1346617/lovely-pictures-gay-love

Lol there are lots of gay negros out there, doesn't that mean it is acceptable in the black community? There are lots of paedophiles out there, does that mean its accepted?

Those pics mean nothing but shows people the black community are ashamed of.

They will be,it may take a decade or century for the realisation of this,but they will be recognised and tolerated not necessarily accepted as u put it.

As far as there are people like me in Nigeria, Nigeria would never be accepting of gays, be it decades, centuries, millenniums, Never!! As a matter of fact, it's going to get worst for gay people. Now it's 14 year jail term for homosexuality, was it like that before? Just watch out, soon it'll be death penalty.

Dude,stop turning tables,it is injustifiable.What have you against a minority who are harmless to the society with their lifestyle.

How many people as been caught up in it negatively.How has it in any form affected the well-being of the society.I demand you tell me,what do homosexuals do to the society.How do they harm others,

Who says homosexuality doesnt harm the society? Homosexuality is a cancer, an epidemic that would corrupt out societies if it isn't tackled.

If the problem isn't tackled, we are going to have a dirty & perverted society, a society where kids are brought up in a sick & perverted environment two fathers or two mothers, they end up with screwed up minds, a society where people due to pressure, are not able to practice their religious beliefs, a society where the definition of marriage that has been the norm for ages is completely re-written, and people are forced to accept other forms of sham, sick marriages.

Besides from a health point of view, homosexuals should be treated as pariahs, persona non gratas, because homosexuals are most likely to be disease vectors. HIV is prevalent among the gay community, and the rate of infection is higher in relation to that of the straight community.

Imagine what u put out.it's ghastly.Does that scenery of two men locking lips make your blood boil.do you get high bp.it affects you in no certain manner okay.

Yes it's a ghastly sight, an eye sore, I feel like puking. And don't get me wrong, I'm not hating, there's nothing to envy about homosexuality, I'm just disgusted such madness is allowed to continue, instead of channeling all the effort and time used in packaging it, into finding its cure.

The bible as been misinterpreted too much to suit the homophobia of christians.Go here for further enlightenment.
www.nairaland.com/1421339/christian-still-gay

The bible isn't misinterpreted, it's view on homosexuality is clear-cut, you just don't want to accept it, so you can always justify your unjustifiable lifestyle. Here are bible verses on homosexuality.

Romans 1 vs 26-27. Leviticus 20 vs 13. Leviticus 18 vs 22

Since other misinterpret them, why not you read and give us it's true interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by lacreame: 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
Joavid:

oh please!
You appeal to things like society and common sense and basic rights to promote ur opinion of homosexual normality,well societies have been wrong before(Nazi Germany...). What is common sense to one person isnt necessarily common sense to another.and basic rights? We all have basic human rights but homosexuals want special rights,laws passed to protect their sexual behavior,they want to redefine marriage and require every1 accept it. They want every1 to think like them and approve of their "inborn sexual orientation"and if u dnt,you're labeled a bigot! Yep,they r so tolerant!
mtcheeeew *long hiss*

uhmmmm I don't need all these things you mentioned, it would bt nice but its not lik i'm fighting for it.
all I want is to be able to walk with my girlfriend in public hold hands with her and maybe put my arms round her waist without someone tryna kill me or arrest me. to be able to say m gay without a guy tryna r.ape me so he can convert me, all I want is to be protected in my country.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by lacreame: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
Joavid:

oh please!
You appeal to things like society and common sense and basic rights to promote ur opinion of homosexual normality,well societies have been wrong before(Nazi Germany...). What is common sense to one person isnt necessarily common sense to another.and basic rights? We all have basic human rights but homosexuals want special rights,laws passed to protect their sexual behavior,they want to redefine marriage and require every1 accept it. They want every1 to think like them and approve of their "inborn sexual orientation"and if u dnt,you're labeled a bigot! Yep,they r so tolerant!
mtcheeeew *long hiss*
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
@50calibre you say the life of a gay person is worth nothing to you.it doesn't have to,but you do know their are gay people who apart from just being influencial have been innovators.Your problem is that you don't know gays,you judge blindly.you do know without a gay man you wouldn't have this platform to chat on.the web was created through the sweat of a gay man.aw about you get off the internet if the life of a gay person is worth nothing.Many of them are worth millions of things you will never become in a billion years.

You wouldn't want someone like me around you.dude,if you meet me on neutral grounds without me admiting my s.exual orientation.you'll fall in love with me already not the romantic way of course.it's just people like me are around you,maybe friends,family,we all keep secrets.Maybe your nice boss,colleague,e.t.c.you don't determine who makes it around you,the lines fall in place.For example,take a look at Mr Guildo,He was President of the United Nations Security Council.Do you get what that means.He was calling shots on internationsl peace and security worldwide.He was good at dipalomacy for him to get the job.He merited it.He masterminded agendas even in homophobic nations where death penalty are for his kind,e.g Iran.What have they.they can't do nothing.What could your nigerian diplomats do.They had no option but to submit to his leadership.it was not in their hands to determine who they want in place.

In essence,while you are busy fighting a gay person,another is rising in power,fame and influence.You can't stop them.throughout History,every move to stop gays have failed.

Dude wake up,Gays are here to stay.Death Penalty you say,you must be on drugs.The day nigeria tries that in a democracy it should be ready to part with the world goodbye.Even the Sharia law in the north that endorses that has never been enforced on those caught.If Russia a World Power has been faced with extreme criticisms and threats because of its own Anti-gay law,who the hell os Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dude,you're just playing cheap hypocrisy here.If a kid is raised in a gay union,how on earth is it a cancer.Give examples of reasons why two gay parents can't be great parents as their heterosexual counterparts.You do know,that evidence have it that kids from same sex families excel brighter than those from opposite sex as opposed to your believes.

Allowing gays now infringes on freedom to practice your religion.where in the gutters do u people pull these stunts from.Marriage is not between man and woman alone.that it's been the custom doesn't mean it can't change to welcome new ideas.

You're just pathetic,as if I knew you would mention HIV.dude,do you research stuffs b4 talking.Last time I checked Straights carry this virus 3times higher than gays do even though chances of contact for a gay person is more risky and higher.How does that even come to play.fine even when they do.if you allow them be faithful to their partners,they wouldn't spread it around will they NO.

Cure my foot.Find the cure,sign them up,let's see if it work.It's not a man-made thing.it's in them to be gay.

Dude,you're as ignorant and brainwashed as I could imagine.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by manny4life(m): 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
@50Calibre,

Romans 1 vs 26-27. Leviticus 20 vs 13. Leviticus 18 vs 22

I'm not engaging in your discussion but if you gonna quote the Bible, do it right.

Leviticus 20 says Punishment for sin, that law applied under the Old Roman/Jewish laws, reasons why after Jesus Christ came into this world in the New Testament, some of these laws were abolished. Bottom line, please do not cherry pick God's commandments, however, like I said, these were only applicable to the days of old under the old religion.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
50calibre:

You are never going to be a somebody, if you dont change your perverted lifestyle.

I can only laugh at this. Ignorance is really a bad thing. Hehe.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by ogeoflyf(f): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
carr101:
I think u need deliverance from ur st.u.pidity, serious one cheesy
Yh. Tnx 4 displayin Urz.. oversabi housewife tongue
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by CyrusLevi(m): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Men like this have reached greatness and some cave-dwellers want still passed an anti-gay law in 2014.

No one knows tommorow undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton Farts During Debate / Cold War Echoes As African Leaders Resist Criticising Putin’s War / Blockbuster: Russia Killed 30 Top Level Us, Israeli, Uk In Missile Strike!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.