Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,307 members, 7,850,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:30 PM

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 - Sports (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (153519 Views)

Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Nigeria Vs Iraq: FIFA U-17 World Cup (5 - 0) On 25th October 2013 / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by 3ace(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
The Ethiopians know their bumpy field like the palm of their hands, we know how to beat them like the palm of our hands.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by onila(f): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan, congratulates SE on his page

Congratulations Super Eagles. As I said when I visited you in your camp yesterday, the Nigerian people and I are with you all the way. GEJ

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by zika1(f): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Goke7:

do you call a clear and uncontroversial penalty luck again, my brother do you see the world class pass from mikel that made emenike gave a good run before he was fouled? and you say its luck, look here our problem as nigerians is that we think we should dominate every game, you can dominate a game and then a world class move by your opponent make nonsense of your tiki taka play, that's how we lost against uruguay at the conferdations cup, we dominate play but a world class goal by Forlan made the difference

That's what the Eagles showed today sheer brillinace and not luck even messi and ronaldo will salute the eagles for a job weldone

the penalty ws also a good 1. The luck in d penalty is *if there wasn't a penalty wat next*? We were lucky 2 hv gotten a penalty
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
nadia_SA: I read azonto is actually ghana dance ..so I'm wrong..

NIGERIANS ALSO HAVE THEIR OWN AZONTO DANCE
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by onila(f): 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
onila: Ethiopians its not that serious, its just a game undecided

Ethiopians angry after match

burning cars n shi.t

tongue
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
fdigital: Keshi should up their game against next cos it aint't going to be groovy with this guys. Damn i taught oliseh was just blabbing.

Some players are suited for certain games

we needed to bully the ethiopians in the midfield and did not do that in the first half

Nnamdi Oduamadi on his day in different circumstances is a good player but we needed 3 traditional midfielders today to do the midfield battle with Ethiopia.

Introduction of Igiebor gave Onazi a partner in protecting our back 4 defenders while Mikel now had the chance to play

If we start the game in Calabar the way we finished today although Moses can start ahead of Brown. We will beat ethiopia convincingly
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by pazienza(m): 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
gratiaeo:
This team was once tagged a sectional team from a particular section of this country and demand for the coach to be sacked

The present set of Super Eagles, assembled by Coach Stephen Keshi has been described as a sectional team which doesn’t reflect the true representation of Nigeria’s strength in soccer and
the federal character symphony we always see in our national teams.
Chairman Oyo State Chapter of
Nigerian Union of Journalist,
Comrade Gbenga Opadotun
made this call in Ibadan while
reacting on the dismal outing of the Super Eagles in their first outing in the on-going African Nations Cup in South Africa.
The NUJ boss queried why a
player like Obafemi Martins
with his improved form was
excluded from the AFCON team leaving the team without any player from South-West geo-political zone of the country.
''What we all wanted is the
success of our national team but Coach Stephen Keshi has given lots of room for questions in the composition and way he assembled his team for the Nation Cup, there is no way that one would not be forced to ask questions with what the team played against Burkina-Faso in their first match.
''Without any prejudice to this
present crop of players and
their handler, me I don’t see
them as a true representation of our present strength in the
game of football that we all love and follow in Nigeria. Keshi should try and balance the composition of the team to
reflect federal character that is
being practiced in the country”,
Opadotun, an ardent 3SC fan
noted.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=8833#.UQ6X0L8MimI.facebook

That happened ages ago, why can't you guys let that go already, how long do you intend to gloat over it?

Nigerians had since recognized their folly,and had come to believe in Keshi and his tactics, and their support for this team had been unconditional since then.

Most of them watched this match with their hearts on the hands, they cheered for this team, why must you try to make them bitter,after their team had win?

Why must you ascribe the whole glory to your group? is it fair? Without the support of all Nigerian groups, where do you think this team will be now.

You guys should stop this already,it's becoming too childish.

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Positiveminds(m): 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
bboiabb: emenike is a god!

The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit and Emenike grin grin grin

WHAT A RIFLE OF A SHOT!!

Be careful about what you say, I beg you.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by vision2050: 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Patrotic Nigerian still dey this nation oo see viewer and guests more than 600 people upon say light no dey, ASUU dey strike, no job, we still have time to watch super eagles. Thank you my fellow human being for your support. Yoruba say '' Teni teni ta kisa ni atan ''.

*Mukina please serve us Antelope pepper soup* this victory call for celebation....

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Caprison(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Emmadani: should i organize a match btw the ethopian galz vs 11 of you' in adis ababa?If u dnt beat them 10-0 then i will slaugther u for ramadan....!Ur type that will just run 50metres and collapse.U beta shut up there if dnt av any gud tin to say about d se.
hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by IYANGBALI: 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2013

burning cars n shi.t

is that not super eagles bus they are boiling?how would our boys come back home?why did they even go there by road?ok now I know,them dey fear nigerian planes and pilots
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by jgatherer(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
The eagles have soared over the antelopes !
GOD bless Nigeria !
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by gratiaeo(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2013

burning cars n shi.t

Wey the car? Na only 1 fine yansh i de see

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
nadia_SA: chaii comedy is not for u brotha... grin

Sure... But wasn't a bad idea trying.. grin
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Happy Days . . .
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by ichidodo: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
striker9: Its obvious you didn't see Yekini play,you were probably in diapers or was still unborn.Go ahead and get some copies of SE football matches way back.
I think you was still a foetus when i first watched Rashidi at Senegal 92 on NTA network. O.k to test you knowledge can you please describe the first goal he scored for Nigeria at Tunisia 94 and against what Country?? I give you 10 mins.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Azonto is a Nigeria dance not Ghanian.....

Ghanians be like.....

angry angry >;(
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Arysexy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
gratiaeo:
This team was once tagged a sectional team from a particular section of this country and demand for the coach to be sacked

The present set of Super Eagles, assembled by Coach Stephen Keshi has been described as a sectional team which doesn’t reflect the true representation of Nigeria’s strength in soccer and
Comrade Gbenga Opadotun
reacting on the dismal outing of the Super Eagles in their first outing in the on-going African Nations Cup in South Africa.
excluded from the AFCON team leaving the team without any player from South-West geo-political zone of the country.
success of our national team but Coach Stephen Keshi has given lots of room for questions in the composition and way he assembled his team for the Nation Cup, there is no way that one would not be forced to ask questions with what the team played against Burkina-Faso in their first match.
game of football that we all love and follow in Nigeria. Keshi should try and balance the composition of the team to
noted.

After reading dis my, hatred for Yoruba hypocrisy and tribalism increased by additional 20% wot da fucccckk! Mtcheeeewww! And when d majority igbo eagles start bringing laurels, d bastard withdrew into his shell, d same. Trap they set for ihejirika, okonjo, stella oduah had been set for stephen okechukwu keshi.

God save ds con3!

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by write2obi(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
onila: Goodluck Jonathan, congratulates SE on his page

Congratulations Super Eagles. As I said when I visited you in your camp yesterday, the Nigerian people and I are with you all the way. GEJ

Which Page again?
I tot he was Banned from Facebook?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
onila: u shldnt put the group name here angry
haha! Why? tongue
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Sure... But wasn't a bad idea trying.. grin
true.. wink
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by pazienza(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
zika1: more than risky cos if they had put like 3 goals btw the first 70 mins den we wld hv been sooo way out. I even doubt keshi did it like dat.

It was too risky, but am sure that was keshi's plan. You would have seen him looking at his watch throughout the first half, he was not even interested in what was happening the match, he just wanted to head into the second half on level terms, his plan was to just soak up Ethiopia's onslaught .
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by onila(f): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
GEJ THE SKILLFUL PLAYER. One salient dev many a critic or analyst have conveniently ignored is the fact that under PGEJ the nation's fortune Sports, especially football has surged. Under GEJ, Our National Football Teams have recorded above 80% win ratio. Today Super Eagles are African Champions again. Other sports, such as Athletics, etc are experiencing same.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by solomon111(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
I expected this game to be very tough.
The altitude was against us which is why a team like bolivia can consistently hammer argentina.
The pitch was against us.
The weather was against us.
The home fans were against us.
Congrat eagles,let's finish the job in calabar.
#stuffofchampions.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Reference(m): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
pazienza:

Please,you guys should not pay this guy any attention, he just had too much alcohol for his own good and logged online.

Emenike needs the support of Nigerians off and on the pitch. Emenike is nobody without Oboabana, ambrose efe,Onazi,Ideye,Moses, all these guys are not igbos, and had contributed one way or the other for this win, emenike can't do the job of ambrose, neither can he do the job of Onazi in the midfield.

Nobody should misconstrue this guy's shallow post above as that of all Igbo people. The guy is on his own, direct all your anger and opinions towards him, leave Ndiigbo alone.

Yeah. Could remember what went on between the trio of Dan the Bull, Samson Sia1 and the goalsfather himself in the US. Though it was not a tribal thing, I think it may have cost us. Let's be careful here. Tribalism is a sore virus.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by onila(f): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: is that not super eagles bus they are boiling?how would our boys come back home?why did they even go there by road?ok now I know,them dey fear nigerian planes and pilots
how can that tiny bus be super eagles bus
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
terrorism has ONE thing in commom...i think its football
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by sunsky29(m): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
i didnt go to watch match,i went 2 view ethiopia's beautiful darlin them.but they showed jst 2 or 3 beautiful gals..wat hapnd 2 d gals they brought 2 d nations cup.am dissappointed.d camera men didn't shw us enough babes.abi them camera men na gays?mtchweee.hope they wil bring fyn fyn gals to calaber? I wil personally sit near the away fans stand so i cn atleast open a way,u kw na

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
This is classic.. Got me all cracking up
modestdude: BREAKING NEWS!!!
National Akpu Sellers Union has named Emenike the man of the match and a proud ambassador after which he penned down a promotion contract deal with them at an undisclosed fee
In another development, the Ethiopian FA has filed a request to FIFA to investigate the nutritional components of AKPU as they alleged that it is a performance enhancement drug due to its long processing which involves soaking of cassava in water for 4 days to allow it ferment. grin
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Arysexy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
gratiaeo:

Comrade Gbenga Opadotun
noted.

After reading dis my, hatred for Yoruba hypocrisy and tribalism increased by additional 20% wot da fucccckk! Mtcheeeewww! And when d majority igbo eagles start bringing laurels, d bastard withdrew into his shell, d same. Trap they set for ihejirika, okonjo, stella oduah had been set for stephen okechukwu keshi.

God save ds con3!
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by fdigital(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
★ >>psychologicaly brings the tempo down >> takes charge of the territory >> and unleash ★ ~ thats Keshi kind of football.

Anw- pls read my signature.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by swedbase(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
gratiaeo:

Comrade Gbenga Opadotun
noted.

Thats why i hate Yorubas, They hate Igbos and will do anything to brings Ndigbo down but God keep blessing us against all odds. If Emenike had been born during 67-70 wouldn't they have killed him during their tribal hateful war?? like me or hate me In Biafra i strongly stand!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (88) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Tunisia AFCON 2021.Round-of-16: (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2022 / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 / Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.