Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers (922 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike: Mark, Suswam Seek Spiritual intervention / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by ebucha: 9:12am On Sep 26, 2013
ASUU strike: Resume now or get fired – Suswam threatens BSU lecturers

By on September 25, 2013
Tweet Pin It
Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Tuesday ordered striking lecturers of the Benue State University, BSU, Makurdi to return to class or get fired.

Lecturers of the institution are currently on strike in solidarity with the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, which commenced nationwide indefinite strike since June, 2013.

However, Suswam said the state government was not owing them, hence no need to have gone on strike in the first place.

He directed the management of the university to reopen the institution with immediate effect or risk losing their job.

Suswam made this declaration at the Government House, Makurdi during an urgent meeting with the management of the university, led by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Charity Angya.

The VC was represented by the Deputy Vice Chancellor, administration, Prof. Nicholas Ada.

He said, “it is important that you as management come because you have refused to reopen the university. I am going to call the Governing Council and insist that they open the university, but the first thing I am going to do is that you will not have your salaries paid beginning from this month and any staff who refuses to come back to work would have his or her appointment terminated and nobody is going to collect salary arrears. And so, I needed you people to know before you hear it announced on the radio”.

“I am also aware that there was a court case that was instituted against the university by the state government over strike, and we are going to take that case up and make you face it because we have completely run out of patience and there is no basis while the children will continue to be on strike,” Suswam said. http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/09/25/ASUU-strike-resume-now-or-get-fired-suswam-threatens-bsu-lecturers/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=ASUU-strike-resume-now-or-get-fired-suswam-threatens-bsu-lecturers
Re: ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by ebucha: 9:18am On Sep 26, 2013
Anything them like make them do my own be say make school start.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by JENMAUCY(f): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2013
Better
Re: ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by Samgreguc(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2013
BSU took the strike as if it was their personal issue [when it's even federal(not state)] that they even post-poned their post-utme till further notice.
Well, It seems those lecturers have soon forgotten that there are many unemployed qualified individuals who are able and sound in doing their Job.... Sack them and create vacancy for the unemployed!
Re: ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by vickynne(f): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2013
good nd niz move.hw i wish dat all d governor will do d same
Re: ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by destino24(m): 11:12am On Sep 26, 2013
Enugu, oya your turn.. ...
Re: ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Samgreguc: BSU took the strike as if it was their personal issue [when it's even federal(not state)] that they even post-poned their post-utme till further notice.
Well, It seems those lecturers have soon forgotten that there are many unemployed qualified individuals who are able and sound in doing their Job.... Sack them and create vacancy for the unemployed!
oga shut-up ur mouth there, if u where in thier shoes, would u like to be sack? Think b4 u type
Re: ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by excell12go(m): 11:29am On Sep 26, 2013
This action is a very bad one. Though the ASUU might appear to have gone far this time, I still believe the existence of the union has done more good than harm to Nigerian universities. Who knows how our universities would have been if not for ASUU?
If BSU lecturers resume, then the unity of union is "on air".

I'm sure GEJ has a hand in this. We should say NO to dis. Let d FG implement the agreement they WILLINGLY signed. Our university system is crumbling.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Resume Now Or Get Fired-suswam Threatens BSU Lecturers by Samgreguc(m): 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wizee: oga shut-up ur mouth there, if u where in thier shoes, would u like to be sack? Think b4 u type
and think before u reply sm1... So u knw it painful to be sacked right?
Tell me why they should be on strike when it is a federal gov't matter or don't u knw they are delaying someone's goal? Or u don't!
Do u knw how painful it is to see ur mate serving b4 u all becos ASUU? What ignorance!
It's like u av smbdy lecturing there...

(1) (Reply)

ASUU / ASUU Will Soon Disintegrate In Due Time / ASUU Strike Will Be Called Off Soon,but

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.