Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

Should Public Preaching And Praise Be Allowed?. Does God Thrive In Noise? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Public Preaching And Praise Be Allowed?. Does God Thrive In Noise? (446 Views)

Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes / What Is The Difference Between Preaching And Teaching The Word Of God / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Public Preaching And Praise Be Allowed?. Does God Thrive In Noise? by tobechi74: 11:02am On Sep 26, 2013
I love weekdays in Port Harcourt especially when I have to leave home in the morning to take care of business; the rush, the traffic jams and mumbled “good mornings” makes me feel alive. This morning I dashed out of the house with a myriad of tasks to accomplish, my day promised to be gruelling. I got to my bus stop, hopped on the first bus that was heading my way, mumbled ”good morning “ to whoever cared to grab it. Few minutes into the bus ride, a lady started singing at the top of her voice. To be honest it sounded more like screeching . The man beside her was talking on phone and begged her to be silent for a while, she totally ignored him and kept screeching” sweet Jesus, sweet Jesus…” . When she had screeched to her hearts content, she muttered let us pray. Such non-challance about peoples peace and you claim to serve a God who is loving and peaceful. To cut the story short, I dropped before I reached my destination, grabbed my balance from the bus conductor and chattered a cab for the rest of the journey. Should loud preaching and prayer be allowed in public places ,what function do they serve?
Re: Should Public Preaching And Praise Be Allowed?. Does God Thrive In Noise? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2013
Hey Tobe,

That's quite hilarious...

What the lady preacher did was quite wrong. I don't see any need for a Christian to disturb the peace of the public all in the name of preaching the Good news.

I am all out for freedom of speech, religion and association for which talking about God in public shouldn't be outlawed by any Government. However, this freedom shouldn't be used to undermine the rights of other people just as this lady did.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BIBLE Student Roger This.... / What Does It Take To Be An Unbeliever / What's Your Favourite Christian TV Station?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.