Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

A Day In Life Without Technology - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / A Day In Life Without Technology (597 Views)

Akpor's first day in school Very Very Funny / What's The Worst Thing You Have Ever Done In Life? / Life Without Black People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Day In Life Without Technology by nonsonnamani: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
A day in life without technology would be quite similar to Genesis Chapter 1 verses 2 and I quote; "the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the surface of the earth". Really, I cringe at the thought of it. Waking up by 4:30am with your room plunged in darkness and wIth no hope that PHCN (power holding company of Nigeria) would restore power because nothing like PHCN exists and in turn, nothing like electricity exists too- now, that would be really horrendous. Let's assume on a day without technology, fire engulfs my house and I'm struck inside. There would be no way I would be able to call 911 and get the fire service over because a phone wouldn't exist and even if I managed to get a distress call across using some form of voodoo, there would be no way the fire service would get to me in time because a car would definitely not be in existence...now, that's really creepy. I sleep with my phone every night, almost cuddling it as I sleep because I have this addictive notion that I have to hear the beep sign of a Facebook notification the moment it comes in; that is how addicted I am to technology. Therefore, I wonder how it would feel having to get to the bank on a 'technology free' day. That would be a nightmare because, one; the queue would match River Niger in length due to the fact that an ATM wouldn't be anywhere around and two, I would have to wait as the tellers go through a mountain like written record of everybody on that line because there wouldn't be a computer to make the job faster. I cringe because on that 'Genesis chapter 'one-ish" day I would have to stay without internet connection; no Facebook, Twitter and no Google. No Samsung phones to play songs with, no Mp3 players either and definitely no television.. As I write this I grimace at the last part; no television? What this means is I have to rely on a town crier to get me news and I wouldn't have a single idea if the Syrian government had used a chemical weapon on it's citizen and if the United States were planing a military strike on the regime, how would a town crier know about that kind of news on a day without technology? Of course, there is the issue of having to undergo an operation feeling the full pain of the doctors' scissors tear through your skin because there wouldn't be anyway to dull the pains, then there wouldn't be antibiotics to prevent getting contaminated during such operations...again, that's creepy. The only good thing about staying on a day without technology is that a gun won't be in existence and so wars would have to be fought with sticks; no armoured cars, no missiles,no sword mining companies and no fighter jets...just sticks.
Still, a day without technology would be Armageddon and I pray I would be on a long journey far away from here when our technologies starts having raptures.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Saddist Are Not Allowed....check D Next Thread If U Are 1 / Open Letter To Seun Owner Of Nairaland / When I Was Younger ( Can't Forget When I Was A Child):

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.