Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia (2843 Views)

Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by micfoley: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hi guys. I am seriously thinking of buying any of the Korean car brands. I am attracted by their affordability and the availability of financing. I have interviewed up to six people who have driven these cars for years without any major issues including a guy who has driven a Cerato for>5yrs.. My interest is in the Hyundai ix35/Santa FE or Kia sportage. I understand the lack of good resale value but I have heard some people say they prefer to buy a Tokunbo Camry for instance. Would really like to hear commnts from ppl who have actually driven Kia/Hyundai models. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by Lexusgs430: 1:40am On Sep 27, 2013
Reputation of past !!!!
But now, since the chief car designer @ Audi was poached, they are really bringing out some lovely car designs !!! What also beats a 7 year warranty ?

1 Like

Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by sultaan(m): 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
Get a Genesis
Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by bissalla: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ Op, you really have to follow your heart. i drive a lovely kia which I bought in 2011. I was discouraged from buying it, but I went ahead to buy one and today I enjoy driving this machine. I have gone on long trips from Lagos to Abuja severally without any problems.

Generally Nigerians have a perception problem. They prefer toyota and honda. to an average Nigerian, its either toyota, honda or nothing else. If you go to other countries, its not like that. I went to China recently and I noticed that majority of their cars are Audis, Buicks, BMW and Volkwagen, not so much of toyota and honda. In Sweden, its volvo, in France its Peugeot, Citreon etc.

Morever, most of these cars come with additional features that the Japs will not give you at that price. For example, the new cerato has a cooling glove box. I am not sure toyota or honda will give that to you at the price that Cerato is currently going.

Please go with your heart.

1 Like

Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
great fuel economy on both (kia and hyundai)
Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by hammer07: 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
Bro...I drive an Ix35 and it is a great car .All these Toyota.Honda talk is old perception. these Korean cars are really good. Acceleration might not compare with my Honda Civic but it holds its own on any other index
Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by micfoley: 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the insightful comments. Would appreciate more though!
Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by aeu1: 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
In addition to the above comments, since you are asking WHY,
see one example of Why the aversion below:
https://www.nairaland.com/1396815/option-fixing-kia-picanto-2012
Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by Originalsly: 1:06am On Sep 29, 2013
Hyundai are making better cars each year but they are not on the level with Toyota or Honda. Their selling points are affordability, warranties, great trade in deals and most of all....loads of features that are standard in their cars but only available in luxury cars. Don't be looking to match power, speed and durability with Toyota, Honda or Nissan in the same class.But Hyundai will surely win them all in a beauty contest...pretty cars...and shiny too...when new....then they age rapidly. The Genesis seems to be an exception.My opinion from observation and complaints from a few friends that were owners.
Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by weyreypey: 7:43am On May 20, 2018
bissalla:
@ Op, you really have to follow your heart. i drive a lovely kia which I bought in 2011. I was discouraged from buying it, but I went ahead to buy one and today I enjoy driving this machine. I have gone on long trips from Lagos to Abuja severally without any problems.

Generally Nigerians have a perception problem. They prefer toyota and honda. to an average Nigerian, its either toyota, honda or nothing else. If you go to other countries, its not like that. I went to China recently and I noticed that majority of their cars are Audis, Buicks, BMW and Volkwagen, not so much of toyota and honda. In Sweden, its volvo, in France its Peugeot, Citreon etc.

Morever, most of these cars come with additional features that the Japs will not give you at that price. For example, the new cerato has a cooling glove box. I am not sure toyota or honda will give that to you at the price that Cerato is currently going.

Please go with your heart.
You deserve to be flogged for this yeye post.
Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by mejai(m): 3:24pm On May 20, 2018
Toyotas r just der. But to be honest with everyone, my 2008 toyota corolla is 10yrs plus now, has always been on d road, has almost 190***km on d dash.

The engine is still tyt and speeding, no smoking

only things done to d engine are: changing spark plugs and oil.

Even d 2009/2010, matrix. same thing

look for a car dat will stand test of times
Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by pannyman(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2018
The odometer of Hyundai Sonata taxi I took in Hangzhou, China last year.

1 Like

Re: Why The Aversion To Korean Car Brands Ie Hyundai And Kia by weyreypey: 3:34pm On May 20, 2018
pannyman:
The odometer of Hyundai Sonata taxi I took in Hangzhou, China last year.
But you use A-Z engine oil and abro ATF here in 9ja...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Transformer Autobot Custom Car Emblem / Changing Transmission Fluid On 2013 Honda Accord / Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.