Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine (2845 Views)

Engine Ringing! Please Help / Grade Of Oil Required After Engine Ringing? / Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine by kekakuz(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
am trying to sell my car Honda academy so i can move higher to an EOD but everyone that comes to buy keeps complaining that the engine is weak and smoking .
i would like to know if ringing of engine would solve it.
also what does ringing mean and how does it effect the weak engine.
thanks
Re: Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
Change the engine, ringing it will help a bit but it's definitely not a lasting one. Most especially for vehicles that go on long journeys
Re: Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
Yes ringing would solve it but problem might resurface after some time depending on quality of job done.. but enough for u to sell the car. Maybe the poster above me didn't see where u wrote that u want to sell the car because I don't see the reason for buying another engine when u intend selling.
Re: Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine by kekakuz(m): 7:04am On Aug 24, 2017
greenhulk:
Yes ringing would solve it but problem might resurface after some time depending on quality of job done.. but enough for u to sell the car. Maybe the poster above me didn't see where u wrote that u want to sell the car because I don't see the reason for buying another engine when u intend selling.
thanks alot
Re: Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine by Readonee35L(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2017
greenhulk:
Imagine repackaging a ringed engine for you to buy.
And it's smokes in less than 3months.

What Goes Around comes Around.
Make e no be your cousins wey go buy the car. grin .

1 Like

Re: Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 24, 2017
Readonee35L:

Imagine repackaging a ringed engine for you to buy.
And it's smokes in less than 3months.

What Goes Around comes Around.
Make e no be your cousins wey go buy the car. grin .

Naaa, there's no point buying a new engine and then sell the car. This is a normal thing, a good mechanic would know when an engine has been opened so whoever is going to buy it would come with a mechanic. Ringing an engine is not a taboo, whoever will buy it will still buy it. In fact even if the car has no engine who go buy am go still buy am... Na selling price na him matter. Anyone buying a Nigerian used car should be prepared for anything.
Re: Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine by diportivo: 8:10am On Aug 24, 2017
things dey happen oh shocked

1 Like

Re: Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 25, 2017
diportivo:
things dey happen oh shocked
He be like yahoo

(1) (Reply)

Car Rate Per Kilometer For Nigeria / Toyota Camry 2003 Fuel Consumption / Please Be Careful With This Mechanic Man!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.