Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Wordpress Help(advanced!) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Help(advanced!) (637 Views)

5 Best Free Customer Support Wordpress Help Desk Plugins For Customer Care / Pls Wordpress Help / Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Help(advanced!) by jidez007: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
am on a web project(using wordpress). i dont want some posts to show meta info eg.date, author info etc. Normally pages should do it, but due to d way i want d permarlink to b structured (example.com/%category%/%postname%) nd i also want each posts to show all items in the same category by the side bar. pages cant accomplish this because it cant be categorised. i was able to remove meta info frm d posts by setting it as sticky then i added
<?php if (!is_sticky() ) { ?><p>Meta info is displayed here</p>
<?php } ?>
to my theme's content.php
<?php if (!is_sticky() ) { ?>

<p class="timestamp"><?php the_time('j F, Y (H:i)') ?> | <?php the_category(', ') ?> | By: <?php the_author(); ?><?php edit_post_link('[e]',' | ',''); ?></p>
<?php } ?>

i dont want to leave it dis way cause my client can decide to set some posts as sticky also. is there a way to create a function show_meta_info() instead of using is_sticky() nd it shuld b included @ edit post nd quick edit?
Re: Wordpress Help(advanced!) by chitex88(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Explain beta what you really want to achieve
Re: Wordpress Help(advanced!) by talk2hb1(m): 2:30am On Sep 27, 2013
?
Kinda of confused!!
Re: Wordpress Help(advanced!) by jidez007: 6:51am On Sep 27, 2013
av rewritten the question. i want a select box "show meta info" just under "mark post as sticky" so that i can use
<?php if (!show_meta_info() ) { ?> <p>Meta info is displayed here</p>
<?php } ?>
in my theme.
Re: Wordpress Help(advanced!) by databoy247(m): 9:14am On Sep 27, 2013
still confused.
jidez007: am on a web project(using wordpress). i dont want some posts to show meta info eg.date, author info etc. Normally pages should do it, but due to d way i want d permarlink to b structured (example.com/%category%/%postname%) nd i also want each posts to show all items in the same category by the side bar. pages cant accomplish this because it cant be categorised.

The bolded above....is that what you are trying to achieve?

Does the theme you are using support custom menu?

GO TO
Admin > Appearance > Menus

See if you have a message like:

Your theme supports custom menus.

If it does then you need to create a menu and assign this to to a location.

1. New Menu, give it a simple name
2. Add a menu item type custom url, call this Home and add your websites URL
3. You can add categories, posts or pages to the menu, drag them to the right to indent (dropdown levels) them.
4. Save the menu

Now, your categories on your sidebar will be a reflection of your posts. I hope i didnt miss the actual question. cool

As regards the sticky option, i think this documentation should give you a heads up;
http://codex.wordpress.org/Sticky_Posts

Cheers.
Re: Wordpress Help(advanced!) by jidez007: 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
databoy247: still confused.

The bolded above....is that what you are trying to achieve?

Does the theme you are using support custom menu?

GO TO
Admin > Appearance > Menus

See if you have a message like:

Your theme supports custom menus.

If it does then you need to create a menu and assign this to to a location.

1. New Menu, give it a simple name
2. Add a menu item type custom url, call this Home and add your websites URL
3. You can add categories, posts or pages to the menu, drag them to the right to indent (dropdown levels) them.
4. Save the menu

Now, your categories on your sidebar will be a reflection of your posts. I hope i didnt miss the actual question. cool

As regards the sticky option, i think this documentation should give you a heads up;
http://codex.wordpress.org/Sticky_Posts

Cheers.
Hmm not still wat am trying to solve. i av used http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-category-posts-list/ for that aspect (listing all the posts in the same category)
Re: Wordpress Help(advanced!) by jidez007: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
This plugin removes date from all posts
http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-post-date-remover/

if i can get a plugin like that but could choose which particular post it should remove date from.
Re: Wordpress Help(advanced!) by brine(m): 2:23am On Oct 03, 2013
You want to remove date from some particular posts?
Re: Wordpress Help(advanced!) by jidez007: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2013
brine: You want to remove date from some particular posts?

Yes.

(1) (Reply)

Automated SEO Services - Good Or Bad Practice For Webmasters? / Migrating My Wordpress Site From Local Wamp Server To Online Server , Pls Help / Please Someone Should Help Me Get A Domain Name From Godaddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.