Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected (19337 Views)

I Want To Write A Resignation Letter / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) / Man's Resignation Letter Written On A Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by sucess001(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
casket: I dropped my resignation letter yesterday and paid back a month salary in lieu of 30 days resignation notice.
Got a better job though, but paying back a month salary was bit traumatic.

Bro. U were scammed. U shd have spoken to a lawyer.

A lot of pple don't understand d pay in lieu of notice concept.

If u wanna go and u give a month's notice....u will be paid ur salary for that month @ d end of dat notice.

If u chose not to give notice and u wanna go immediately, den u won't be paid anytin.

Not that u will now pay ur employer one month's pay becos u didn't giv notice.salaries re paid @ d end of ur work for dat month so it means dt d minute u ve been paid, u ve discharged ur employment responsibility for that month, if u decide u don't want to continue, u don't need to pay anyone as u don't owe anyting.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by lonelydora: 9:34am On Aug 04, 2017
wellmax:
Yes, depends on the situation.
A guy had a brawl with my boss, next day he resigned and it was rejected.
He was dismissed instead.

Dismissed with his full ternimal benefits?
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by lonelydora: 9:41am On Aug 04, 2017
Keneking:
Under the following circumstances, your resignation letter can be rejected:

1. Dropping the bomb without giving required notice as per appointment letter.
2. Dropping the atomic weapon without proper handover notes.
3. Dropping your letter when you have already received a termination letter.
4. Dropping your letter when it is not properly addressed to Personnel or HR manager
5. Dropping the letter when you are under investigation for violations or maybe fraud, even amorous relationship in the company.
6 Dropping the letter when your line manager is had not approved the request.

Well here are my two cents!

But by the way, do you already have another job at hand; the market is saturated with 'hopeful prospects', waiting to take over the present one you are doing.
Seems you know these labour laws well. What's the difference between termination and dismissal? Which one do the company pay your ternimal benefits?
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by lonelydora: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2017
Keneking:
Under the following circumstances, your resignation letter can be rejected:

1. Dropping the bomb without giving required notice as per appointment letter.
2. Dropping the atomic weapon without proper handover notes.
3. Dropping your letter when you have already received a termination letter.
4. Dropping your letter when it is not properly addressed to Personnel or HR manager
5. Dropping the letter when you are under investigation for violations or maybe fraud, even amorous relationship in the company.
6 Dropping the letter when your line manager is had not approved the request.

Well here are my two cents!

But by the way, do you already have another job at hand; the market is saturated with 'hopeful prospects', waiting to take over the present one you are doing.

Check this thread and see my quotes please.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by jobbers: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2017
yes now
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by okon37: 10:20am On Aug 09, 2017
Yea. It can b rejected if u are very good and add value to the firm. Mind was rejected when I tendered my resignation letter and my MD call me and decided to increase my salary for me to stay put. But I left anyway.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 09, 2017
lonelydora:

Seems you know these labour laws well. What's the difference between termination and dismissal? Which one do the company pay your terminal benefits?

The difference between termination and dismissal is that there is no difference.

Both are applicable in the context of loss of job due to factors relating to poor performance, downsizing (rightsizing) etc. An employee can have his appointment terminated in the case of theft (investigation), breach of trust etc. Dismissal can also affect an employee in those instances.

Severance package can be chalked out in case of downsizing or rightsizing or business wind-up. Or there is a pronouncement in a competent court (such as industrial court) that favours an employee.

1 Like

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by lonelydora: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
Keneking:

The difference between termination and dismissal is that there is no difference.

Both are applicable in the context of loss of job due to factors relating to poor performance, downsizing (rightsizing) etc. An employee can have his appointment terminated in the case of theft (investigation), breach of trust etc. Dismissal can also affect an employee in those instances.

Severance package can be chalked out in case of downsizing or rightsizing or business wind-up. Or there is a pronouncement in a competent court (such as industrial court) that favours an employee.

So severance package is paid if the company ask you to go either by right sizing or laying off due to poor performance?
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonelydora:

So severance package is paid if the company ask you to go either by right sizing or laying off due to poor performance?

Yes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Got A Job Through Linkedin??? / Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. / VETIVA Capital Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.