Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,829 members, 7,956,147 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God (1216 Views)

10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex / Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all / Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him: and without him was not anything made that was made
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:1-4

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that i speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
John 6:63

Thy word have i hid in mine heart, that i might not sin against thee
Psalm 119:11

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
Psalm 119:130

Is not my word like as a fire? Saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
Jeremiah 23:29

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrew 12:4

His wife came home one day from church and he was devastated, so, he decided to lock her outside, the wife was not bothered, she stayed outside the house till the next morning, when the man opened the door, the wife greeted him, there was no remorse on her face, instead she went inside to take care of the house. The husband was suprised, what has come over my wife? He later found out that the wife has encountered the WORD. JESUS. That was how the husband became a christian.

What am i saying here? I am saying that no matter how wicked , dangerous, hardened, stubborn you are, The Word of God is able to transform your life and turn you to a saint. There is power in the Word of God. It is mysterious. It is like a light that brighten your life. It has tremendous power to change lives. The Word can heal. It is able to give you joy. Rest of mind is assured. It is so powerful that when you read it, it automatically gurantees protection from the power of darkness. The Word can turn around the live of a wretched man to a happy, pleasant and prosperous one. When you are confuse about life, the Word will give you hope and direction. Most importantly, the Word guarantees our eternal destination.

God has so much respect for his Word. He has exalted his Word.
Psalm 138:2c " for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name"
Let's examine the following tactics from the Devil to tempt Our Lord Jesus Christ:

Matthew 4:3 " And when the tempter came to him, he said, (The devil is speaking now)
"if thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread"
Matthew 4:4, But he answered and said, (Jesus is speaking now from Deuteronomy 8: 3c)
"It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God".
Again, Mr. Devil refused to give up,
Matthew 4:6, And said unto him,(Mr.Devil is now lecturing from the Same Word of God) "if thou be the son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, (now, this is Psalm 91: 11-12, not word for word) He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone"
Matthew 4: 7, (Jesus replied the devil by quoting Deuteronomy 6:16) "It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God".

We can see vividly that the devil was not afraid to tempt our Lord Jesus christ after a long fast. It means that after your prayer, fasting, and all other spiritual activities in the church, the devil will still come to tempt us.
Therefore, we need to engage our lives with the Word of God so that we can use the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God to destroy the antics and the tactics of the wicked one. Any christian, i mean any christian, whether you are a Pastor or just ordinary member that is running this christian race without engaging or conversant with the word of God will experience backsliding, sudden spiritual and physical death, demotion, backwardness, poverty, and spritual paralysis.
It is good to pray but the only thing that will add to the efficacy of our prayer is the knowledge about the Word of God.

The enemy of our soul has different tactics of removing the Word of God from our lives. Matthew 13: 4 " And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up"

There are satanic agents in charge of removing or devouring the Word of God from our lives.

For this reason, we are going to examine different tactics on how we can involve our lives with the Word of God.

- Memorize the Word of God. This is tasking. How do we memorize the Word of God?

To be continued later.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2013
Memorizing the Word of God will change your spiritual status, your inner man is renewed, your spirit is resuscitated and alert. Your faith is solidified and strong to put the enemy to shame. It is now confirming Word of the Psalmist, "Thy Word have i hid in mine heart, that i might not sin against thee"

When you memorize, you rarely forget, and when you remember, the Holyspirit will empower you to stand firm in faith and continue to fire on.

It is difficult to commit sin when the Word resides in your heart.

This is why we must take up the challenge of memorizing the scripture.

One man of God used card, he will write it or put the word on Card, anytime he is about to use a particular verse, he will bring the card out and he is working for him.

Another man of God said that as soon you wake up in the morning, go over that particular scripture and read it, repeat it, repeat it again,

I tried to speak it off by heart, miss some, get some and may be next day, try it again. It will take time, you have to be determine and courageous to memorize the scripture. Pls. If you have not done it before, give it a try, it is a worthwhile adventure. You can even use your own language to memorize it, Yoruba, igbo, Hause, french, and so on.

One of the tactics of the devil is to distract our attention or discourage us from moving ahead with our goal of memorizing scripture.
Of course, there are pressing issues in the family and with a lot of problem around us, it is possible to forget our goal.

This will now lead us into the second tactic, which is Scriptural praying. This is another method of engineering our spirit man to be strong. You are praying and you are quoting the scripture, if you forget it while praying, it is not out of the rule to go back and pick up your Bible read it again by reminding God of his promises. Issaiah 1 :18 " Come now, and let us reason together"
if we use this method over and over again, it will sink into our hearts and lives. It make take some years but we must be persistence and determine or else we will throw it away and start all over again.

Some important scriptures to learn off by heart, i mean to memorize.

Let's read it together, here on this thread, we are engaging ourselves with the Word of God, on this thread, we are using one stone to kill two birds, first,we are learning how to engage our lives with the scripture and at the same time, involving ourselves with the reading of the scripture, which is the first step of learning anything about God.

Psalm 91 is one of the most Powerful chapter in the Bible, infact, if you can memorize the whole of Psalm 91, i will call you a spiritual giant. There is a mysterious anointing that follows the reading of Psalm 91. Try it. I am not joking, try it. You will suddenly realize a sudden change in your spiritual life.

Now, Let's start. Psalm 91:1-16
Let's personalize it,

" I that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
"
" I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will i trust."

" Surely He shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence"

"He shall cover me with his feathers, and under his wings shalt i trust: his truth shall be my shield and buckler"

"i shall not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day"

"Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday"

" A thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right side; but it shall not come nigh me"

"Only with my eyes shalt I behold and see the reward of the wicked"

"Because i have made the Lord, which is my refuge, and even the most High, my habitation"

"There shall no evil befall me, neither shall any plague come nigh my dwelling"

"For He(the LORD) shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep me in all my ways"

"They shall bear me up in their hands, lest i dash my foot against a stone"

"I shall tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shall i trample under my feet"

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will (the Lord) deliver him: (the Lord) will set me on high, because i have known his name"

" I shall call upon the Lord, and the Lord will answer me: the Lord will be with me in trouble; the Lord will deliver me, and honour me."

"With long life will the Lord satisfy me, and show me his salvation"
Psalm 91 : 1- 16

Another Psalm that is so good for your spiritual life is Psalm 23.

To be continued later.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by Deschil: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2013
Thank you for the awesome scriptures, God bless you! I hope people will become wise enough to study to show themselves approved...
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
@Deschil, we thank God for everything.

Now, Let's continue. It has been mentioned by our old Father in the Lord that reading Psalm 23 is like a divine net covering for the period of the Hours of the night. This Psalm is Powerful, short and loaded, just six verses to put in your memory, you are okay for the night.

One man of God said, when God prepares a table, there must be an enemy.

Enjoy it.

Psalm 23:1-6

" The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

"He maketh me to lie down in green Pasture: he leadeth me beside the still waters"

"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake"

"Yea, though i walk though the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil: for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me"

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over"

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and i will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever"

Let's move to the next tactic of engaging the word of God, that is,

Holy chanting of warfare scripture.

Let's take issaiah 54:15 & 17
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by Alwaystrue(f): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
@God2man,
Thank you for those scriptures and engaging yourself in the word. The bible says it too...study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman ....rightly dividing the word of truth.
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
Holy chanting is done repeatedly like a song, you stress the word and chew it in your mouth several times, it could be for years or months or days. The emphasis is on repeatition.

Let's chant the following scriptures together:

Issaiah 54: 15 & 17

" Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against me shall fall for my sake"

" No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgement i shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteous is of me, saith the Lord"

Psalm 27: 1-14
"The Lord is my light and salvation; whom shall i fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall i be afraid?"

"When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell"

"Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will i be confidence"

"One thing have i desired of the Lord, that will i seek after; that i may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple"

"For in the time of Trouble he shall me in his pavillion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me upon a rock"

"And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will i offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; i will sing, yea, i will sing praises unto the Lord"

"Hear O Lors, when i cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me"

"When thou saidst, seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will i seek"

"Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation"

"When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up"

"Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies"

"Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witness are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty"

" i had fainted, unless i had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living"

"Wait on the Lord; be of courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord"

This is good for comanding demons to leave their rented abode.

Psalm 18: 44-45

"As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me"

"The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places"

Psalm 121: 1-8. This is for help.

" I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help"

"My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth"

"He will not suffer my foot to be moved, he that keepeth me will not slumber"

"Behold, he that keepeth Isreal shall neither slumber nor sleep"

"The Lord is my keeper; the Lord is the shade upon my right hand"

" The sun shall not smite me by dat, nor the moon by night"

"The Lord shall preserve me from all evil: he preserve my soul"

"The Lord shall preserve my going out and my coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore"

Another warfare scripture to learn off by heart.
Issaiah 8: 9-10

"Associate yourselves, O ye people, and ye shall be broken in pieces: and give ear, all ye far countries; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces"

"Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought, speak the word, and it shall not stand: for is with us"

We move to another tactic of singing the word, already, you can sing the word of the Psalmist.

Singing the Word.

That will be later.

God bless you.

I hope you are now familiar with some powerful scripture that can make you strong as a christian soldier.

God2man.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Singing the song.

Holyspirit is a lover of spiritual and anointed songs. Anytime you sing spiritual song, demons flee, you are transported to another realm. The Bible says, Paul and silas, prayed and sang praises Unto God.
Acts 16:25-26 "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them"
" And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed."
I do not know the song but one is sure, spiritual song has power to bring the presence of God down as you can see in the above scriptures, so, anytime your spirit man alert you to sing, please sing the song, it may be God's strategy to disgrace the enemy. That particular song has something to do with your life, please do not just take as an ordinary song. Sing it.

Now, Let's start with the song From the Popular Don Moen:

Proverb 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"

Church warfare songs:
Exodus 15: 3 " The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name"

Yoruba people sing like this:

Ologun l'oluwa, Ologun l'oluwa.
Oluwa ni oruko re, Ologun l'Oluwa.

Exodus 15:11

Who is like unto the, O Lord, Among the gods? Who is like thee, glorius in holiness, fearful in praise, doing wonders?

The heavenly 24 elders:

Revelation 4: 11

" Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power. For thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created"

Then the Psalmist, the Greek word is PSALMOS, songs, a sacred ode accompanied with the voice, harp or other instrument. A poem set to notes.

If a whole book can be dedicated to songs in the Bible, then it means that God does not joke with songs.

Let's start with the song in Psalm 119:89
"For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven"

Psalm 51: 10-13
" Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me"
"Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not the Holy spirit from me."
"Restore unto me the Joy of thy salvation; and uphold, me with thy free spirit"

Psalm 107:15-16
"Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!"
"For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder"

Psalm 134:1-2
"Behold, bless ye the Lord, all ye servants of the Lord, which by night stand in the house of the Lord"
"Lift up your hands in the sactuary, and bless the Lord"

Psalm 103:1-2
"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name"

Psalm 48:1-2
"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holines"
"Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King"

Psalm 18:3
" I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall i be saved from mine enemies"

Psalm68:1
"Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him"

Lastly on the Book of Psalms, the song by Popular Ron Kenoly:

Psalm150:6
"Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord"

Isaiah 51:11
" Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall away."

Another tactic of Engaging our lives with the Word of God is by checking the meaning of words, go in deep into the root of the word in the original Hebrew or Greek language.
There is no scrpture that is standing alone, there is need to cross reference those words whether they are saying the same thing or otherwise.

To be continued later.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
Glory be to God in the Highest.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
Singing the song.

Holyspirit is a lover of spiritual and annointed songs. Anytime you sing spiritual song, demons flee, you are transported to another realm. The Bible says, Paul and silas, prayed and sang praises Unto God.
Acts 16:25-26 "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them"
" And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed."
I do not know the song but one thing is sure, spiritual song has power to bring the presence of God down as you can see in the above scriptures, so, anytime your spirit man alert you to sing, please sing the song, it may be God's strategy to disgrace the enemy. That particular song has something to do in your life, please do not just take as an ordinary song. Sing it.

Now, Let's start with the song From the Popular Don Moen:

Proverb 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"

Church warfare songs:
Exodus 15: 3 " The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name"

Yoruba people sing like this:

Ologun l'oluwa, Ologun l'oluwa.
Oluwa ni oruko re, Ologun l'Oluwa.

Exodus 15:11

Who is like unto the, O Lord, Among the gods? Who is like thee, glorius in holiness, fearful in praise, doing wonders?

The heavenly 24 elders:

Revelation 4: 11

" Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power. For thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created"

Then the Psalmist, the Greek word is PSALMOS, songs, a sacred ode accompanied with the voice, harp or other instrument. A poem set to notes.

If a whole book can be dedicated to songs in the Bible, then it means that God does not joke with songs.

Let's start with the song in Psalm 119:89
"For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven"

Psalm 51: 10-13
" Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me"
"Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not the Holy spirit from me."
"Restore unto me the Joy of thy salvation; and uphold, me with thy free spirit"

Psalm 107:15-16
"Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!"
"For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder"

Psalm 134:1-2
"Behold, bless ye the Lord, all ye servants of the Lord, which by night stand in the house of the Lord"
"Lift up your hands in the sactuary, and bless the Lord"

Psalm 103:1-2
"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name"

Psalm 48:1-2
"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holines"
"Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King"

Psalm 18:3
" I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall i be saved from mine enemies"

Psalm68:1
"Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him"

Lastly on the Book of Psalms, the song by Popular Ron Kenoly:

Psalm150:6
"Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord"

Isaiah 51:11
" Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall away."

Another tactic of Engaging our lives with the Word of God is by checking the meaning of words, go deep into the root of the word in the original Hebrew or Greek language.
There is no scrpture that is standing alone, there is need to cross reference those words whether they are saying the same thing or otherwise.

To be continued later.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Checking the meaning of words in the Original Hebrew or Greek language is somehow costly, you will need to buy some materials or book called concordance like:

The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible; you can also purchase various versions of the Bible, the most accepted and lasting and never will be, The King James Version,
Revised Standard version,
the New international version,
Life application Bible, besides, the Dictionary of the Bible by John M. Court,
the works of Josephus by Flavius Josephus,
Matthew Henry's commentary on the whole Bible,
it is also good to have Dake annotated Bible,
there are more but these are just what i think are essential for thorough word studies.

Let's check the Longest name in the Bible, and dig deep into its meaning:

Issaiah 8:3
" And i went unto the Prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the Lord to me, Call his name "Mahershalalhashbaz".

18 letters, the longest name in the Bible.

How do we know the meaning?

The new strong Exhaustive concordance of the Bible and Bible commentary gave the meaning,
Make speed to the spoil, hasten to the prey.

If you want to disagree with the meaning, the next verse, verse 4 is confirming the meaning of "Mahershalalhashbaz"

Let's read; Isaiah 8:4
" For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and My mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil be taken away before the king of Assyria"

meaning

The Assyrian army should come with great speed and make great spoil.

Cross referencing. Definition,

An instance within a document which refers to related information elsewhere in the same document. In both printed and on- line dictionaries. Cross refernces are important because they form a network structure of relations existing between different part of data. (Wikipedia)

Let's examine Isaiah 53:3
"He is despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him: He was despised, and we did not esteem Him"

Now, this same verse can be cross referenced with John 1:11
"He came to his own, and His own did not receive him"

You now ask yourself, those two verses, are they in Harmony?

A good Bible student will know that they are in harmony.

Although, there are scriptures that are in harmony with those verses above, Luke 23:18.

Comparing scripture with scripture.

Now, Let's compare
Isaiah 53:7
"He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He Opened not his mouth"

To

Mark 15:4,5
"Then Pilate asked him again, saying, 'Do you answer nothing? See how many things they testify against you!' But Jesus still answered nothing, so that Pilate marveled."

What do you think?

The two verses are in harmony.

The next tactic is Listening to the Word of God.

We will deal with it later.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2013
Listening to the scripture through the CD or Tape is perhaps the easiest form of engaging our lives with the word of God when we are busy. It changes the spiritual atmosphere of your place. The anointing of God begin to move, because God inhabits his words.
The estimated time for listening to the whole new testament is 15HRS and the old testament for 80HRS.

I have some powerful scrptures on my mobile phone that i listened to for memorizing.

Also, Somebody can be reading it and you are listening, or you are listening to what you are reading.
(recommended for old folks)

This we lead us to the next tactic of engaging our lives with the Word of God,

Watching Biblical Christian movies like Jesus of Nazereth, Passion of Christ, Samson and delilah, David and Goliath, the Ten commandments, Noah's ark, Adam and Eve, and so on. (recomended for the kids, youths and the singles)

Another tactic is to underline the particular verse that inspires you, you can use something to Highlight it for future references.

Reading the Bible aloud is another tactic.

Discussing the Word of God is another tactic, discussing with people who are more knowlegeable than you, these will give you more information about the Word of God, this is totally different from argument, the result of agrument is bad, you make enemy for yourself, while discussion create an atmosphere of friendship, you want to learn, the other person want to learn too, nobody is showing any superiority. Discussion will make you to become a beter Bible student than arguement.

On this forum, let's embrace this attitude of discussing the Word of God, in a situation whereby somebody is insisting this is what the Bible says, and he or she is not ready to listen to other people's views and opinion, some are so desperate that they use many ID's to disguise and convince people about what they want not what God says, it so bad. God will help us on this forum in Jesus name. Amen.

Sharing the Word of God, witnessing to people is another way of engaging our lives with the Word of God.

Pasting the Word of God is another tactic, this is good for bring it back to the memory, you can paste it on your table in the office, in your room, and various places .

Preaching the Word of God is another tactic.

To be continued later.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by 4tunebest(f): 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nice work you are doing here. I like to see the word of God as life itself where every other thing is a mirage. Even though it dates back to thousands of years, the mysteries and the power inherent in God's word is still not exhausted. There's always something new no matter how often we study or how familiar we are with the word.
Please how can I get the CD version of the bible? I used to have it on tapes but tape recorder is no longer in vogue, or so i think. Thanks
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
@4tunebest, Glory be to God in the Highest.

If you are in Lagos, go to any branch of Bible wonderland(iyana ipaja, surulere) or any christian bookshop around you.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by God2man(m): 11:57am On Oct 04, 2013
Writing the Word or copying it with your own handwritten is also another tactic of engaging our lives with The Word of God.

It will lead us to another tactic,
Bible quiz competition, churches should engage their members especially the youth to participate in any organized Bible quiz competition. I think there is something like that on Nairaland forum.

Cooperate reading is also a better tactic of engaging our lives with the Word of God. The whole congregation read a whole chapter together.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Different Tactics To Engage Our Lives With The Word Of God by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
This is really a great thread.and just to add this little to it,Another way to get the scripture into your spirit man if you are a busy man is get audio bible and let it read scripture to you on your phone ,pc or ipad or even in your car...confess it,

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities / Extreme Homophobia And Homosexual Tendencies. Are You One? / God/allah And Mosquitoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.