Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam (819 Views)

Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal / Emir Of Zang, Taraba Among The Dead In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
The Hajj is an Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca and the largest gathering of Muslim people in the world every year. It is one of the five pillars of Islam, and a religious duty which must be carried out by every able-bodied Muslim who can afford to do so at least once in his or her lifetime. The state of being physically and financially capable of performing the Hajj is called istita'ah and a Muslim who fulfils this condition is called a mustati. The Hajj is a demonstration of the solidarity of the Muslim people, and their submission to God (Allah in the Arabic language)The pilgrimage occurs from the 8th to 12th Dhu al-Hijjah, the 12th and last month of the Islamic calendar. Because the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar, eleven days shorter than the Gregorian calendar used in the Western world, the Gregorian date of the Hajj changes from year to year. Ihram is the name given to the special spiritual state in which Muslims live while on the pilgrimage. The calendar is from 8th to 12th because that's the calendar of the Muslims.

The Hajj (pilgrimage) is (in) the well-known
(lunar year) months (i.e. the 10th month, the 11th
month and the first ten days of the 12th month of
the Islamic calendar, i.e. two months and ten days). So whosoever intends to perform Hajj therein by assuming Ihram), then he should not have sexual relations (with his wife), nor commit sin, nor dispute unjustly during the Hajj. And whatever good you do, (be sure) Allah knows it. And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is At-Taqwa (piety,righteousness, etc.). So fear Me, O men of understanding!
Surah Al-Baqarah 197

So when you have accomplished your Manasik [(i.e. Ihram, Tawaf of the Ka'bah and As-Safa and Al-Marwah), stay at 'Arafat, Muzdalifah and Mina, Ramy of Jamarat, (stoning of the specified pillars in Mina) slaughtering of Hady (animal, etc.)]. Remember Allah as you remember your forefathers or with a far more remembrance. But of mankind there are some who say: "Our Lord! Give us (Your Bounties) in this world!" and for such there will be no portion in the Hereafter.
Surah Al-Baqarah 200

1 Like

Re: Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam by DeMaze: 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
I search for the way, but not the way to the Ka'ba and the temple For I see in the former a troop of idolaters and in the latter a band of self-worshipers.
Jalal Uddin Rumi114
Had I not seen the Prophet kiss you, I would not kiss you myself.
Caliph 'Umar, addressing the Black Stone at Kaaba115
From an ethical standpoint, the Mecca pilgrimage, with its superstitious and childish ritual, is a blot upon Mohammedan monotheism.
S. Mawlawiyar
Re: Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
DeMaze: I
From an ethical standpoint, the Mecca pilgrimage, with its superstitious and childish ritual, is a blot upon Mohammedan monotheism.
S. Mawlawiyar

I can't fathom any sensible thing from this your statement, or is your cerebral impaired

1 Like

Re: Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2013
Importance of Hajj

Imam ‘Ali Ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him) has said, “By Allah, by Allah, keep the House of your Lord in mind. Do not disregard it as long as you remain (alive) because surely if it is ignored, then He shall not look towards you (with His Mercy).”

Biharul Anwar, Volume 96, Page 16
It has been narrated from al-Ridha [Imam ‘Ali Ibn Musa] (peace be upon him) that he said, “I have not seen a single thing which makes a person free from want (financially secure) quicker, nor which is more effective in removing poverty, than continuously performing the Hajj (year after year).”
Biharul Anwar, Volume 74, Page 318
It has been narrated form Abi ‘Abdillah [Imam Ja’far Ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) that he said, “A person who dies while proceeding towards Makkah or while returning back (from Makkah) will be protected from the great distress of the Day of Resurrection.”

Maladhul Akhyar, Volume 7, Page 223
Re: Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
Following the day of Hajj or Pilgrimage (9th of Thw
al-Hijjah), it comes the Eidul Adha day. It begins from the 10th of the 12th month of Islamic lunar calendar.
This is the second main annual festival in Islam. On
this day, like on the Eidul Fitr celebration, festivities
begin with a prayer service held in an open place in
the morning of the first day. This prayer is usually
attended by a large number of Muslims. Since this
festival occurs immediately after the Day of Pilgrimage, those who go to make pilgrimage celebrate it in Mina, near Makkah. Other Muslims
around the world also join with the pilgrims in their
joy and thanksgiving. One significance of Eidul Adha is that it is a time of sacrifice. Muslims commemorate Prophet Abraham's willingness to sacrifice everything for Allah including his beloved son, Ismael. Since Allah gave Prophet Abraham a lamb to sacrifice instead of sacrificing his son, Muslims also offer the sacrifice of animals. The
sacrifice can be done after the prayer on the 10th
until 12th day of Thw al-Hijjah month before sunset.
The meat of the animals is given to needy people and friends and a portion of it is also kept for one's own consumption. Often people cook this meat during holidays, make feasts and enjoy the celebration.
Re: Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dhul Hijjah 1434 commences tomorrow, Sunday, 6th October, 2013... Yawmul 'Arafah: Monday, 14th October, 2013...
Eidul Adha: Tuesday, 15th October, 2013
Re: Hajj-islamic Pilgrimage: The 5th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
SUPERIORITY OF THE FIRST 10 DAYS OF DHUL-HIJJAH

The Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said:

"There are no other days that are as great as these
in the sight of Allah, the Most Sublime.
Nor are there any deeds more beloved to Allah than those that are done in these ten days. So increase in tahlil (to say la illaha illallah), takbir (to say allahu akbar) and tahmid (to say alhumdulillah)."
[Reported by at-Tabarani in al-Mu'jum al-Kabir]

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr / Post Your Fav Verse Of The Glorious Quran / Stop Deceiving Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.