Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike (10101 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / What Happened To ASUU And The Called Nec Meeting? / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
super story!!!
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by jonescyras(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
VICTORCIZA: My believe is that Apc is sponsoring this strike.period
You have a point....gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Yangona: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
For the love of God, ASUU!!!!!!!! Haba!!!!!
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by topas100(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
The strike is getting too long
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Rejoice5000(f): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU stop strike 4 what? when the so called graduates are driving KEKE NAPEPE,they should continue so that this present coppers will be employed first.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by onyeka205(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Billyonaire: Federal Government should declare State of Emergency on Federal Universities, then:

Makes sure that:
1. University MUST pay lecturers from its internally generated revenue while Government provides infrastructures.

2. Lecturers salaries be fixed by respective schools based on their IGR.

3. That quota system be abolished and every student has right to enroll in any University he can afford.

4. That State Universities have no rights to go on strike with Federal Government cos they have no business with Federal.

5. Lecturers must know that it is not possible for them to own private jets, but if their desire is to become overtly rich, they should quit classroom and join politics.

6. NANS should be banned.

So politician are the ones that have the legal right to own private jets in Nigeria?
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by bright007(f): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Instead of urging Bros Joe and ASUU to END the strike at a TIME when it just started, you waited until its almost 3 months and counting.....crazy THINGS abound in Nigeria
if ASUU calls off this strike without achieving its aims and objective, then ASUU represent a gathering of fast-spokes ( whatever Seun meant by that) without inquiry.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by anytexy: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
so it is making head line cos it is a governor that made appeal. What of the one me my colleagues, neighbours, associates, friends and even my spiritual advicer have been appealing teeeteee? In one word: political propaganda. Take it or leave it. That is the fact. Hissss!
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by druid06(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
The president is backing on the wrong tree. I'm sure he has no clue (as usual) as to how this ASUU strike would affect his bid for the 2015 elections. This has been causing so much damage to what's left of his credibility as a leader and I'm sure majority of the youth won't forgive him for this prank come 2015. He claims his opposition had infilterated the schooling system and are using this as a means of politicizing and geopardizing his bid come 2015 election which might actually be correct. If he had done what actually needed to be done, his opponent wouldn't have seen this as a loophole to shift the balance of power from his grasp. It's called politics and is he also clueless as to understand how the game works?

- Mr. President, everyone's not against you but we can't all just shut up while you and your cohorts take this country to the cleaners. First, you had to remove the only benefit (subsidy) we Nigerians enjoy on the first day of the year.

- The political instability and lack of security you've provided for Nigerians is enough. There's no day one opens a newspaper and doesn't read about a mass murder somewhere.

- The president has surely lost the North which is a stragic point if he was to win the elections come 2015. The rest of his backers from the north and majority from the South are just waiting for the last minute of the election to jump ship. No one want's to be on the losing side.

- Majority of the Nigerian populace totalling 60% of the general populace have lost any atom of faith they had in his governance simply because the promises he made when embarking on becoming commander-in-chief of the federal republic hasn't been put to practice. He keeps promising and promising to no avail.

- Nigerians are no more gullible than we were 14 years ago when we voted for the former president Obansanjo. I'm sure Mr. President think he has one last trick up his sleeves to play which is going to make him loose vehemently and that's rigging. The part he fails to understand is that we are now too smart for such political corrupt practices as we would only collect whatever he has to offer and vote for who we feel is qualified for the position.

- I think this dude should resign if he has any self respect and dignity left because come 2015, he's going to go down woefully.

1 Like

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by mykhell50(m): 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
maxwello.yg:
As a parent, I'm so worried seeing our children who are supposed to stay at school, at home'
this sentence is hilarious.
So your kids study in Nigerian public universities?
Woow lol
ekwensu... He never said his children were in Nigerian public universities.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Politics!!!

This is the bane of all the challenges facing this great country. Imagine A Sule Lamido "appealing" to ASUU to call off the strike. On what grounds if I may ask?

Your children are at home.... Your children in the Nigerian universities? How dumb do you think we are? It has been clear right form the onset that this ASUU Strike was a politically motivated one. The issues being raised by ASUU are pertinent and these have been rendered moot by the politicization of the matter which is most to the detriment of the Great Nigerian Students.

NANS..... Where do you get off "appealing" to intervene in the impasse between the FG and ASUU. Is this because of his sterling educational credentials or because of the great work he has done in developing education in his state? This purported inspection of facilities in tertiary institutions by NANS is indeed a thinly veiled ploy to play politics with the unfortunate situation which the Great Nigerian Students find themselves. Because if that is not the case, how do you explain the fact that the said tours so far have only been to states embroiled in controversy with the government of the day?

Having said the foregoing, education and politics are mutually exclusive and should remain as such. I am tired of being patronized by these self-serving public servants and representatives.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by ozolity(m): 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
Olumidzti: Why is everybody appealing to ASUU & not FG? Well you won't be surprised when you see that NANS visited the governor. Pair this with a previous news that NANS was trying to protest against ASUU & you get a tasty conspiracy theory. In an issue like this, we cannot despise facts & it seems that's what most people are interested in doing. Fact: FG signed an agreement with ASUU in 2009. If our government is the 'responsible & caring government' some of you claim it is, why is it going back on its agreement? I'm an undergrad & I've never once in my 5 years in school thought NANS was representing me properly.
u think ASUU represents u either.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by ajbabs(m): 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
emmaelectelect: Bro Quota or Federal Character is a constitutional issue, talk with your representatives
For the fact that one thing is constitutional issue does not mean it cannot be abolished.
There is provision for changing any clause in the constitution.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by yungcyrus(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hmmm.....Una dey blaim Jonathan But none of you hav sat to tink wat d previous strikes has improved in our skuls....d truth is ASUU sef dey fight for dia own pocket.......if not y didnt dey agree 1st wif d amount stipulated by d F.G.....Even if JonAthan pump 2 trillion enter ASUU acct, Naija skuls will still be a flop.....cos dem ASUU and high staffs go find wey corner d cash............END OF STORY
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by savcy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2013

See the kind of brains we are producing in our Universities? The only thing this individual could make out of the ASUU-FG face-off is that APC is behind it all. This is one of severally reasons I think ASUU should continue with the strike. And BTW,if APC is sponsoring the strike,they should be the party I'd vote in 2015 because all of ASUU's demands are pertinent and genuine. Take your certificate outside our shores,... You'll comeback and take to the street. [crap]
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by SBJoji(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
NO WONDER GEJ SAID THAT HIS GOVT IS FULL OF BOKO HARAMS.
DO U THINK THAT THIS ASUU IS NT AN INDIRECT FORM OF BOKO HARAM?v
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by SBJoji(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Jessechinex: Guys is high tym we tak up arms and start massive destruction, cos it is only those dat disturb d govt is payin attention 2 e.g boko and militant. And 2 assu i knw dia plan dey want dia children who re in abroad nd private uni 2 b ahead of us i.e b our bosses nd even our political leaders. Guys is high tym we tak laws into our hands ooo

I think dis might b beta
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Olumidzti(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
ozolity: u think ASUU represents u either.
ASUU may not represent me but it will benefit me and others coming up if FG fulfil all ASUU's demands. & it's easier to swallow than your colleagues backstabbing you.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by richybanky(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mumu, is it APC dat force FG to sign an agreement in 2009
ODETICALLY grin grin tink b4 u drop an comment here
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
richybanky:
Mumu, is it APC dat force FG to sign an agreement in 2009
ODETICALLY grin grin tink b4 u drop an comment here

God punish ASUU for doing this to you!!! undecided
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by drhammed: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Bro, Kudoz to U .. I seconded d Motion
Billyonaire: Federal Government should declare State of Emergency on Federal Universities, then:

Makes sure that:
1. University MUST pay lecturers from its internally generated revenue while Government provides infrastructures.

2. Lecturers salaries be fixed by respective schools based on their IGR.

3. That quota system be abolished and every student has right to enroll in any University he can afford.

4. That State Universities have no rights to go on strike with Federal Government cos they have no business with Federal.

5. Lecturers must know that it is not possible for them to own private jets, but if their desire is to become overtly rich, they should quit classroom and join politics.

6. NANS should be banned.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by drhammed: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Guy,u av to b logical wen saying something or thinking, even if ASUU strike til 2015 , how sure are U dt APC wl afford to release 400bn @ a time ,wen they ar nt d 1 dt owe d moni,tink straight and stop bn sentimental..
savcy:

See the kind of brains we are producing in our Universities? The only thing this individual could make out of the ASUU-FG face-off is that APC is behind it all. This is one of severally reasons I think ASUU should continue with the strike. And BTW,if APC is sponsoring the strike,they should be the party I'd vote in 2015 because all of ASUU's demands are pertinent and genuine. Take your certificate outside our shores,... You'll comeback and take to the street. [crap]
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
Jessechinex: Guys is high tym we tak up arms and start massive destruction, cos it is only those dat disturb d govt is payin attention 2 e.g boko and militant. And 2 assu i knw dia plan dey want dia children who re in abroad nd private uni 2 b ahead of us i.e b our bosses nd even our political leaders. Guys is high tym we tak laws into our hands ooo
Oya wey di weapons? Give me 2 AK's, 5 nine milimeters, 3 semi automatic rifle, 6 mack 10, 22, 44, 45... 1 M16, and 2 bazookas..

Let the revolution beginsangry
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by bellobee(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nigerian universities students are at home over a
none payment of entitlement of our deserving
Academic Doctors and Professors of about N87Billion.
Three months of the ASUU strike, 20million Nigerian
students about 11.5% of the country's total population
needs just N87Billion from the FG to go back to
school, in this same Nigeria we have the President,
the vice president and their wives, 489 National
Assembly Members, 36 states governors, their wives
and their deputies and over 100 ministers, SAs & DGs
of various parastatals totalling just 701 of them which
is less than the number of some extended family
members in Nigeria living on over N350Billion
annually as cost of governance, a figure which
exceeds the annual budget of at least 10 other African
countries put together.
Fellow Nigerians, what is the way forward? Do we just
fold our arms and continue suffering and smling and
watch these heartless human beings call leaders
"looters" living like that? Do we succumb to their idea
of bringing disunity among us using the religious and
ethnic dffernces that we have? while they are up
there united by the devil they worship who in turn
gives them what they want in life. Their children are
now studying in Europe & US while we are here
Knocked Down by ASUU Strike, They leave in
Mansions in Garki, Maitama and Asokoro, while we're
squatting in Maraba, Masaka, Nyanya, Jakara,
Ajegunle etc, they travel round the mother earth in
Private Jets while we have to contain the wrath of
Robbery. Nigeria being fifth oil producing Nation in
the world generates over ₦11,990 ($75)Billion
annually on oil alone not to talk of other sources of
revenue, yet no Social amenities such as good roads,
basic healthcare, social security, good drikng water,
electricity, education, jobs etc.
Time and Space will not permit me to pencil down the
gap that needs to be bridged between the govern &
the governrs.
CHANGE of attitude is what we need now, and it is
"NOW OR NEVER".
Pls don't allow yourself to be part of religious/ethnic
sentiment to divide us, May God save us.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Trusty247(f): 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by DrArewa(f): 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nten: FG stubborn... ASUU stubborn... Who suffers?
..wen two elephants fight,the grass will suffer..
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by coruso(m): 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Political propaganda

Lamido one of the G7 gov.

Why visit him at this time?

What's special about his state university?

PROPAGANDA

NIGERIAN STUDENT BE WISE
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Come to tink of it is dat ASUU chairman's children schoolin in dese universities if not God will judge him o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Sunderland Honours Isaac Adewole, UI VC / Abu Post-ume Results! / Nnpc/chevron Jv Scholarship Results Out! Urgent Urgent Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.