Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,474 members, 7,861,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces (1362 Views)

End Of ISIS? Putin Sends In His Most Ruthless Special Forces / US Confirmed Spy Jet Fleeing Russian Chase Invaded Swedish Airspace / Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by panafrican(m): 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
sad
This retarded country still keeps Black Mauritanians in slavery although their are full Mauritanians.
One wonders why no African nation is voicing this fact during A. U meetings.
100 000 soldiers from Nigeria, Chad, Zimbabwe, Rwanda,Tanzania, South Africa, Uganda and Kenya would be enough to clean the place out there.

1 Like

Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2013
i have being taking note of that country and it is high time we do something about it.

As for the panafrican force, i am not sure the commitment of the other countries you mentioned to the panafrican dream or how they understand panafricanism.

One country i know could do this is Nigeria. I agree we cannot carry out military interventions unilaterally as Gen. Agwai pointed out in one of his books when he cited the case of Sao Tome and Principe. But if we decide to say anything about it now, it is then you will hear Nigerians say "what about the economic slavery that the FG is puting Nigerians in?" as if the two are the same.

1 Like

Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
i have just looked at the map and have come to discover that there is not much we or anyone in Africa can do.

Mauritania is not a member of the ECOWAS. This means no expulsion can be done. They have access to the sea which also means that even if the likes of Mali and Senegal close their borders, that wont affect Mauritania that much.

If the AU were to impose sanctions by directing the neighbours of Mauritania to close borders annd also do an AU naval blockade of the ports, that would not prove to be effective either. The reason being that apart from SA and Nigeria, no other country with capable navy would like to participate in the naval blockade. Egypt is more concerned with its own internal issues and issues in the midle East. Algeria would not really want to participate since the whole thing looks like a black struggle. Morrocco isnt part of the AU so wont feel obliged to implement any AU resolution on Mauritania.

Like i said, i still dont know what commitment SA has to the panafrican dream and how they understand panafricanism hence i am not sure if the likes of @Andrewza would like to participate in the naval blockade.

All in all, the use of force isnt possible. The most we can do is to tow the line of activism and diplomacy and hope that the situation catches UN attention.

NB: there is a France and Western sahara factor if force is to be the way. I am not sure how those two factors set in but i am sure the are real factors too.

1 Like

Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by abubaka101: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2013
I'll do my research on this topic for more enlightenment and knowledge of the situation, and the country in general. Thanks for sharing this.
But I want to comment broadly on how much laxity the AU shows on the African region's Human Rights abuse problem. I feel the AU doesn't do enough to promote enlightenment in Africa. The topic of Slavery should be a major force/inspiration that the Union should depend on in the fight against Human Rights Abuse!
Also, the AU seems like it has somehow inherited the former OAU's policy of not interfering in the affairs of other member nations. That's why when issues (Human Rights Abuse) like this happened/is happening in countries like Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, Liberia, Guinea Bissau, Congo, Chad, etc., the OAU did very little. Idi Amin led a coup in Uganda, and was killing his own people, the OAU showed anger at first, but tolerated him afterwards. Same thing with Samuel Doe and Taylor in Liberia. Only ECOWAS ever did anything. And since Mauritania is no longer a member.
For now my knowledge of the Mauritania issue is limited, but I believe sharing this topic in the first can help immensely to stop this hypocrites!
I ask that this should be put on the frontpage for while, so as to help spread the message to those that can help.

2 Likes

Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
the only time the AU took a hard line on issues was when OBJ was its leader. This brings me to believe that Nigeria is still the only country that can lead Africa to make meaningful impact.

The AU has to stop being docile and get more active, be a bit more dearing if it is going to be taken more seriously

1 Like

Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by romania5: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
[size=18pt]now maffakas iz hav'N a real discussion up'N here.... props panafrican abubaka101[/size]
Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
souldust: Like i said, i still dont know what commitment SA has to the panafrican dream and how they understand panafricanism hence i am not sure if the likes of @Andrewza would like to participate in the naval blockade.

Where was this so called panafrican commitment 20yrs ago?

If theres ever gonna be a naval blockade in Mauritania it should be done by Ecowas/Nigeria.

After we were accused of complicating peace efforts in CIV, I don't want SA to ever get involved in political issues of any west African country.
Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by panafrican(m): 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Tumisang:

Where was this so called panafrican commitment 20yrs ago?

If theres ever gonna be a naval blockade in Mauritania it should be done by Ecowas/Nigeria.

After we were accused of complicating peace efforts in CIV, I don't want SA to ever get involved in political issues of any west African country.
Mbeki himself acknowledged he felt responsible for what is happening now to then president Gbagbo. It is him Mbeki who never asked any sacrifice to ouattara, all he did was have Gbagbo allow this criminal (ouattara) run for president, despite the genocide ouattara folks perpetrated in western Cote d'Ivoire against the Guere' people, and despite the fact that Ouattara has a questionable background. It is Mbeki who asked Gbagbo to appoint rebels as ministers in a national reconciliation government, Gbagbo did so, still these criminals refused to lay down arms.
While ivorians ask rebels be desarmed before holding elections, Mbeki went counterclockwise to ask elections be held without rebels desarming. The result is what it is now. Ivorians are expelled from their country and their lands are being offered for free to millions of mossi (a ethnic group in Burkina faso to which ouattara belongs.)
Below are the images of Mahan Gahe a union leader captured and tortured by ouattara forces. The lady your are seeing is saying << if people asked me what to do with you, I would kill you >>.
Gahe was tortured for years ,then released when he was near death. He died recently in September 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92zsk2XPi_o

Ouattara rebels in western Cote d'Ivoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzzHGmR8n80

1 Like

Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 09, 2013
panafrican: Mbeki himself acknowledged he felt responsible for what is happening now to then president Gbagbo. It is him Mbeki who never asked any sacrifice to ouattara, all he did was have Gbagbo allow this criminal (ouattara) run for president, despite the genocide ouattara folks perpetrated in western Cote d'Ivoire against the Guere' people, and despite the fact that Ouattara has a questionable background. It is Mbeki who asked Gbagbo to appoint rebels as ministers in a national reconciliation government, Gbagbo did so, still these criminals refused to lay down arms.
While ivorians ask rebels be desarmed before holding elections, Mbeki went counterclockwise to ask elections be held without rebels desarming. The result is what it is now. Ivorians are expelled from their country and their lands are being offered for free to millions of mossi (a ethnic group in Burkina faso to which ouattara belongs.)
Below are the images of Mahan Gahe a union leader captured and tortured by ouattara forces. The lady your are seeing is saying << if people asked me what to do with you, I would kill you >>.
Gahe was tortured for years ,then released when he was near death. He died recently in September 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92zsk2XPi_o

Ouattara rebels in western Cote d'Ivoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzzHGmR8n80

When the UN (not Mbeki) laid out plans for the elections who complained and asked how can elections be planed when rebels were still armed? Who warned that the elections wouldn't work and would probably end in dispute? Yes - Mbeki! There was never a reconciliation govt in CIV since efforts to achieve such were dismissed by the "international community" (france), UN, AU and Ecowas.

All that Mbeki wanted was to bring both Gbagbo and Outtara to the negotiation table, convince both to sign a peace deal, disarm the rebels, hold free and fair elections and last but not least weaken france's influence on its former colony...but no, myopic AU and Ecowas leaders didn't see this bigger picture hence they chose to side with the "international community" and endorsed the hurried ill-thought through election plan instead.

So, if you wanna blame anyone for CIV's current mess, blame those aforementioned organizations, not Mbeki.

Read:Thabo Mbeki - What the world got wrong in CIV
http://saoti.over-blog.com/article-thabo-mbeki-what-the-world-got-wrong-in-cote-d-ivoire-72841525.html
Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 09, 2013
this thread is about Mauritania and it should remain that way.

Like i said earlier, activism is the way forward. This may take time, but it will yield positive result.

1 Like

Re: Why Mauritania Should Be Invaded By Panafrican Forces by abubaka101: 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Guys, Mauritania has made the frontpage... The slave trade thread covered a bit of what we have been discussing...

(1) (Reply)

Australia Refuses To Confirm Asylum Seeker Boat Arrival / Joe Biden, A Perfect Vp (if Not Even President)! / Ferrari Patrol: Dubai Fights Crime In Style!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.