Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? (463 Views)

Peller: 'TB Joshua, Oyakhilome Use Charms To Perform Miracles' / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? by tayooluwole: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2013
This questn has been rubling my humble mind for a very long time.
Some argue against it on the opinion that it suffers biblical underpinning. That God is enough to rely upon for protection. Yes, i agree that God is d master protector, but does God prevent to d extent of preventing bullet frm enterin into one's body? Does God protect to d extent of preventing sharp machett from dismenbering one's body? The answer, to me, is NO. God only change d mind of d attacher who may want to shoot, machett or harm u wth anyother object. Remenber, whn Jesus was to be pushed from a very high hill, God only protected Jesus by seizing d mind of his enemy while Jesus went on his way.
To me i dont beleive it is wrong given d security situation in Nigeria. In Nigeria whr one have haters in hundreds, enemies in thousands, whr some set of people will be bidding for one's life just to occuppy him/her position, whre your business counterpart will want to truncate your life at all cost, whr an armed rubber can shoot u if they percieve u to be an impedement frm acheiving sucess, whr co-workers can stage a conspiracy to get rid of u just because they feel inconvinient wth ur positn, whr (politics) oppossitn will be calling for ur lifelessness for them to achieve victory, whr one can be a victim of stray bullet etc... ur view?

1 Like

Re: Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? by UyiIredia(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2013
No, it isn't.
Re: Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2013
Holy water, holy oil, handkerchief and all those cele activities are charm.

Good for them

(1) (Reply)

Did The Prophets In The Bible Clearly Say Anything About Mohammad, Islam? / The Religious Section Derailers Paradise / Where To Look For Business Or Career Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.