Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,425 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? (436 Views)

Peller: 'TB Joshua, Oyakhilome Use Charms To Perform Miracles' / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? by tayooluwole: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2013
This questn has been rubling my humble mind for a very long time.
Some argue against it on the opinion that it suffers biblical underpinning. That God is enough to rely upon for protection. Yes, i agree that God is d master protector, but does God prevent to d extent of preventing bullet frm enterin into one's body? Does God protect to d extent of preventing sharp machett from dismenbering one's body? The answer, to me, is NO. God only change d mind of d attacher who may want to shoot, machett or harm u wth anyother object. Remenber, whn Jesus was to be pushed from a very high hill, God only protected Jesus by seizing d mind of his enemy while Jesus went on his way.
To me i dont beleive it is wrong given d security situation in Nigeria. In Nigeria whr one have haters in hundreds, enemies in thousands, whr some set of people will be bidding for one's life just to occuppy him/her position, whre your business counterpart will want to truncate your life at all cost, whr an armed rubber can shoot u if they percieve u to be an impedement frm acheiving sucess, whr co-workers can stage a conspiracy to get rid of u just because they feel inconvinient wth ur positn, whr (politics) oppossitn will be calling for ur lifelessness for them to achieve victory, whr one can be a victim of stray bullet etc... ur view?

1 Like

Re: Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? by UyiIredia(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2013
No, it isn't.
Re: Is It Justifiable For A Christian To Protect Him/her Self With Charms? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2013
Holy water, holy oil, handkerchief and all those cele activities are charm.

Good for them

(1) (Reply)

The Frequency Of Peace / What You Have Is Enough / Do You Hug Or Shake First-timers In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.