Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti (635 Views)

Obasanjo With His Bicycle Near His Farm In Ota (Throwback Photo) / Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo / Caption This Photo Of Muhammadu Buhari Getting Set To Inspect His Farm In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by TYFresh(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nigeria’s National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on Friday discovered a 600-acre hemp farm at Ode-Ekiti in the Gbonyin Local Government Area of Ekiti State.

Speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ado-Ekiti, Commandant of the NDLEA in Ekiti, Mr Dele Akingbade said the hemp farm was the largest individually-owned hemp farm in Ekiti.

According to him, the cost of the hemp farm was too huge to be determined immediately. He described the discovery of the farm as one of the `biggest feats’ of the agency in the state.

Akingbade said the agency made the discovery on a vast expanse of land on July 24, following a tip-off by concerned members of the public.

The NDLEA chief said that four suspects in the matter, all men, were arrested while working on the farm. He said that the suspects, who confessed to being labourers, disclosed that the owner of the farm paid them N1,000 per day as wage.

Akingbade said that the agency had been making efforts to arrest the owner of the farm through a 24-hour surveillance mounted by men of the agency. He said that the suspects, who were still in the agency’s custody, would be prosecuted soon.

The commandant said that the size of the farm has drawn international attention, as officials of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime from Vienna had visited the farm.

See Picture At The Source: http://tyfresh..com/2013/09/ndlea-discovers-600-acre-indian-hemp.html
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by Onyejiuwaokoh: 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
I hereby baptize you India hemp(igbo) to be called yoruba. It is a big blunder to call it igbo while the original and authentic name is yoruba. If anyone is cought calling it India hemp or Igbo the person will be sued to court.I respect our south west brothers, they no dey carry last at all.
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by kelvincoll(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
Okotorigba!! shocked na so so terry G and Rio ferdinand likes go full d@ area..lol

Imagine if such expanse of land and human energy where chanelled towards rice\tomato cultivation.
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
Dead on arrival. Would never be on front page. Sexkillz oya ban me again
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by basilo101: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Y nt cultivate rice there?
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
basilo101: Y nt cultivate rice there?
They won't,drug business is their life style
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by horpe132(m): 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
chidindufrank: They won't,drug business is their life style

Its not their fault na...embarassedembarassed..........Blame it on Nature.........Doz people Innocently planted Vegetables & Corn.....Buh Igbo germinated /came Out...embarassed.............

D same thing iz happening in my backyardlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
horpe132:

Its not their fault na...embarassedembarassed..........Blame it on Nature.........Doz people Innocently planted Vegetables & Corn.....Buh Igbo germinated /came Out...embarassed.............

u don tire my blokos wit laf o grin what an irony
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by TYFresh(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
horpe132:

Lool
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
INDIA HEMP NATION
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by cashkid18(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
cuz dis b d reason why we hv high rate of insanity in d sw wic ffk is a product of
Re: REVEALED: NDLEA Discovers 600-acre Indian Hemp Farm In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
cashkid18: cuz dis b d reason why we hv high rate of insanity in d sw wic ffk is a product of
Gbam,you can say that again

(1) (Reply)

IG Redeploys 61 Police officers nationwide, Leaves Out Rivers CP Mbu. / Nigeria's economy gets Fith's "BB" Rating / My Private Jet Is Bigger Than Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.