Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

World Cup Group B Unpredictable - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Group B Unpredictable (7488 Views)

Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? / World Cup Group D; Germany Vs Australia [4 - 0] On Sunday 13th June 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mochafella(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2006
Wey N2H, party go dey for Trinidad and Tobago tonight!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Oh my, to be on the islands tonight grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by bagoma(f): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2006
i don talk am say football no be maths!
eewooo! who can tell what just happened here tonight, even with one man down, its absolutely unbelievable.
i was screaming with T & T at the final blast of the whistle,
na wa o.
oh one of the many reasons i love football. cheesy cheesy
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by bolaoni(m): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2006
Yes O Bagoma

I am really happy for TnT o. Indeed so many shocks go burukete for this WC oooo.

Those who think they stand should BEWARE lest they fall ooo

lipsrsealed
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by spikelord(m): 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2006
I told you, it'll be Trinidad vs Tobago on the final day

lolol grin grin grin
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by bagoma(f): 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2006
hi bolaoni, good evening to you. where have you been?
anyway welcome, brother, the surprises don start o, see poland yesterday and now sweden. well they just have to slug it out now or else it will be a shock exit for them if they have to go out in the first round. they were being touted as being the strongest in their group.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by bolaoni(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2006
Bago my sista,

Thanks jare. I have been working on some projects that will elevate your bros to anutha level.

So I haven't had enuff time on my hands to visit here.

Missed you all sha.

wink
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mukina2: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2006
what did england play?
trinidad and tobago really messed up sweden shocked wit only 10 men dat was good their match is the best so far in the world cup.cant wait to watch them trash england,
paraguay well let em play more
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by nicetohave(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2006
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we have been painting the streets red cheesy as i write i am dressed in red and cheering my "second" country the streets are filled with soca and whinning its a great feeling in the air and thank you jare spikelord its going to be Trinidad and Tobago in the finals with Brazil grin at that stage anything can happen.

we go suck England next match, maybe one or two goals cool

up soca warriors!
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mukina2: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2006
this is the man!!!!!!!!

Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by spikelord(m): 12:49am On Jun 11, 2006
Whose picture is that?
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by spikelord(m): 12:51am On Jun 11, 2006
Whose picture is that?
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by nicetohave(m): 1:27am On Jun 11, 2006
did you watch the match spikelord?

thats Shaka Hislorp, T and T and west ham goalkeeper that denied sweden victory.

He picked up the no 1 when shirt when the first choice goalkeeper has a muscle injury in the training session.

talk of blessing in disguise.

Port of spain is agog now, and there is a place ST JAMES called the city that never sleeps and honestly it is the closest thing to ojuelegba here, the whole place is ecstatic.

see you in the final against brazil.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by jgirl3: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2006
I was impressed with T&T but England, though they won, i was very disappointed with their performance. They had a lot of shots that could have easily gone in but they just had to mess that up too. I want Rooney to come in quickly and save their butts.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by hucarson(m): 10:04am On Jun 11, 2006
England will always struggle without Rooney.
Michael Owen is almost past his prime and Peter Crouch is not an out n out striker that will worry any defence.
I think Sven Goran-Eriksson goofed it totally by placing Walcott above Jermain Defoe.
Walcott hasn't played in the Premiership yet and i don't think he can handle the big stage yet. Defoe would have offered the English team some attacking options yesterday rather than using Joe Cole and Steve Gerrard as an attacker.

England's hopes really rest on Wayne Rooney's shoulders. He is the last piece of jig-saw that will make the team very complete.
I hope he starts England's next game against T & T.
If Theo Walcott isn't ready as Erikssom claimed, why take him to the world cup in the 1st place?
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by vichel(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2006
Now the group is open, anybody could finish top of the group along side england. The SOCA warrios need not get things in their head now, they should keep fighting like they did against sweden, and trust me we haven't seen the last of T & T
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Akolawole(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2006
@Everyone

How on Earth could England "sack" Erikson prior to the World cup and still believe he's going to give 100%?

You sack somebody, you still go ahead and ask him to bring the world cup.

I think its senseless.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by spikelord(m): 8:26am On Jun 12, 2006
Yeah, he really is a gambler for dropping J. Defoe for Theo Walcott! Even Darren Bent would have played better than Crouch.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mukina2: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2006
England's striking options have been further hit after Theo Walcott suffered a calf injury.
The 17-year-old limped out of training after suffering a kick on the calf but is expected to return ahead of the Trinidad and Tobago match on Thursday.

With Michael Owen clearly not match fit and Wayne Rooney still recovering from his metatarsal injury, manager Sven-Goran Eriksson will be desperate to avoid any further complications with his forward line.

Peter Crouch, England's only fully-fit senior striker is on a yellow card. [+]
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2006
England are still celebrating a defenders own goal.
Thanks to Beckam for setting up a hot free kick.
Crouch is already messed up. they did not live to expectation
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mukina2: 11:55am On Jun 12, 2006
Prissy i already said England's the most confused team undecided wait till the twin island catches them.cant wait to see that match grin grin grin grin
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2006
Muks!
I dint expect such a mediocre performance from the likes of Gerrard,lampard,Crouch.
Hope rooney plays next time. they lacked the vigour and zeal to move on.
Gamara was their saviour and crouch almost licked people with his toungue celebrating Gamaras own goal. Its a pity
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mukina2: 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2006
maybe he'll play .i think he'll play against TT wait till hislop starts again theEnglish fans will be mum cuz they are the most loud fans tongue tongue tongue
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Akolawole(m): 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2006
Quick Quiz.

Hislop have something no Premiership goalkeeper dont have, what is it?
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Akolawole(m): 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2006
@Everyone

SirKay's wife has just put to bed a bouncing baby girl.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-14971.0.html
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2006
Akola.
the answer is that Hislop has the required resilience plus confidence.
His IQ is highest.

You mean thats our only Nairaland sirkay's wife. No wonder he is mute nowadays.
Congrats,I will be there for baby shower
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Grizzly(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2006
I rejoice with T & T seriously. Before the match, and just some minutes into it, Shaka, the soon-to-be-hero was nervous. I could sense it. U know he just knew he was playing 10 minutes into the match, as the no. 1 Kevin James was wounded during warm up.

Well i think he picked up courage after he made the first save, and went on to *shine* but i must be quick to add that he also had a small dose of luck to his Credit. I support them to pip England in their next game,

England, well what can i say, carrying over 40 thousand fans from home to come and cheer, and considering the fact they have the craziest fans in the world. You cant really say they were under performers cuz Paraguay didnt come to admire England Jerseys,

We'll know whats up after the second matches though, I just wish England 'll go home early,
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2006
Grizzly!
Your problem is that you are ever on the losers side!
TnT what? They just helped England to be on top God knows what Erickson gave them
they are going nowhere.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Grizzly(m): 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2006
grin grin grin Always on the losers side!! gimme a break, grin grin At least i wasnt during the champions league finals tongue tongue tongue tongue All i'm saying is I'm supporting T&T to pip England. Full stop. Ok, they werent that spectacular. Fans said it, the players confirmed it, what else u want me to say, England will lose against Sweden, i dont know about T&T, *another surprise draw maybe*, wink
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2006
England with their intimidating sheet players should be shown the door out.
But I support them esp when Rooney,Gerrard and Walcott will play.

O h oh oh! I understand it now. TNT should win them.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mochafella(m): 7:08am On Jun 13, 2006
Akolawole:

Quick Quiz.

Hislop have something no Premiership goalkeeper don't have, what is it?

An engineering degree from Howard University and an appearance in the NCAA soccer final. undecided
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Akolawole(m): 11:14am On Jun 13, 2006
mochafella:

An engineering degree from Howard University and an appearance in the NCAA soccer final. undecided

Big up brother. You got it TOO RIGHT.

He is the only educated Premiership Goalkeeper.

I would arrange one gift for you soon[ Dont tell me you are Arsenal player though ]
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mochafella(m): 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2006
Akolawole:

[ Dont tell me you are Arsenal player though ]

Nope, not a Gunner. They play good soccer though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time / Ese Brume Wins Gold In Women's Long Jump At The African Athletics Championships. / Having Issues With Sportybet Account, Please Help...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.