Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

World Cup Group B Unpredictable - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Group B Unpredictable (7491 Views)

Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? / World Cup Group D; Germany Vs Australia [4 - 0] On Sunday 13th June 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 14, 2006
England - "We are the second best team after Brazil"
"We possess the best midfield in the "world".
"We have by far the best standing eleven in the world"

Wow, so much for that standing eleven. For a team that places all it's hope for a decent world cup on the broken right foot of a tempramental, red card prone, 20 yr old, England is indeed the team to beat!
Played nonsense for 90mins against Paraguay, celebrating an own goal as a victory, Owen had not a single shot on goal and is clearly no were near even the likes of Didier Drogba. Peter Crouch stands at 6'7 and yet possess no aerial threat to opposing defenders and the English keep sending ong high balls into the box. Owen minus pace = A striker past his prime.
Owen and Crouch's performances must be making the likes of Jermaine Defoe question their non-inclusion in the squad. Walcott is unproven and no one knows if Rooney's foot can stand the test of ruthless tackles yet! This must be the best way to win a world cup!

Midfield - Lampard, lazy, simply floats around the box waiting to put a stray ball in. does nothing for the midfield at all. Gerard, influential and excellent in the heart of the midfield. Beckham - Give it to the man, upped his game as a true professional would!

Defence - Fair, Could be exposed by fast strikers. Will be torn apart against the likes of Argentina.

My assessment - England are simply a bunch of over rated mediocre players! Perhaps a second round berth, anythiing more than that is an insult to football!
E
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by LoverBwoy(m): 3:22am On Jun 14, 2006
take it easy people its the  weather  grin  grin  grin cool

Plus i still dont think Gerrard and Lampard can play well togethher, Rooney and Owen upfront would be the ideal combo or actually Rooney alone cheesy

The defence was pretty much okay not much from the paraguays the problem is still with the midfield and attack keeping possesion and givin good passes

they should allow them sun creams next time
i heard the team downed 70litres of water during the match!!

American commentator-Dave O'Brien
"Hi! Welcome to Europelan[/b]d for the [b]Soccerball World Series! England has vanquished Paraguay by a single home run from His Royal Highness Daniel Beckingham!"
  lipsrsealed  grin
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by bolaoni(m): 10:34am On Jun 14, 2006
I don't know why Gerrard and Lampard should play together. This Ericsson sef.

The coach has made so many mistakes that will kill England's chances.

Why leave Defoe out of the WC and take Walcott? I still can't believe he did that. Now the yound boy is injured.

Is Ledley King in that team? If he is, I believe he should be the one playing at the front of the defence and Lampard should be on the bench so that Gerrard can have his main position in the team.

I also hope Rooney can do anything before the party is over for them sha.

But the truth is that this WC is full of some absurdities o. You are sacking a coach before he took your team to the WC and yet you want him to perform well. What on earth was the English FA thinking? What would have been Sven's motivation when he knew he is getting the boot at the end of the day? undecided

Is this not worse off than Togo's show of shame? lipsrsealed
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Akolawole(m): 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2006
bolaoni:

The coach has made so many mistakes that will kill England's chances.

Why leave Defoe out of the WC and take Walcott? I still can't believe he did that. Now the yound boy is injured.

What do you expect Sven to do?

How could you sack me and expect me to perform?

About Walcott: You better dont let Nairaland-gunners hear you.

Defoe or Darren Bent(22 goal in the season) is far far better.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by bolaoni(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2006
If dem hear nko?

If not for absurdity, why take a green horn to a WC?

I still can't fathom this embarassed
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 10:26am On Jun 15, 2006
Here on sports forum people lose hope so easily.
All of you are already conceding sin instead of confessing.Gold diggers?
England still have the capabilities and at this stage don't write them off.
Its that, all those stars should not play at the same time esp mid fielders the case with France.

Hey! Did I hear Bolaoni rumble over Theo Walcott?
I beg leave our junior alone. Its your Rooney with his elehantiasis feet which stepped on him. He is jealous Walcott would bag a young player award during world cup.
Do you object?
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by bolaoni(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2006
Priscy,

na you sabi o. But the WC is not a grooming ground for unknown players.
It is serious business so can't say what is going on in Sven's head. undecided
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mukina2: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2006
oh hislop i hope you deal with em brits well well, more excellent saves grin grin grin
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Grizzly(m): 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2006
Sven thinks Rooney is fit to play, according to him, "Rooney is match fit"

Wayne Rooney has been passed fit to play for England against Trinidad and Tobago this evening by independent medical advisors. The Manchester United striker was today examined by professors Angus Wallace and Chris Moran, from the Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham, ahead of the World Cup Group B clash in Nuremberg
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2006
Grizzzly
Its not Sven who thinks so. Rooney has been passed by Independent Medical Unit as fit to play.

Mukina 2 lol
Why the fuss on TNT under achievers.I dont want spoilers like TNT in later stages just because they have Hislop
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Grizzly(m): 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2006
No Prisccy,
In a press conference yesterday, Sven expressed belief that Rooney is fit to play
in his words,  "I'm  fully  convinced Rooney is match fit ". But u see, with Alex frowning down on him, he doesnt think he wants to risk it. Talk about Rooney breaking all his meta-tarsals!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2006
Ok Grizz.
It was good he was oiptimistic
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Grizzly(m): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2006
TAlkin' about the English fans,
They are expecting too much of their players, and they will be dissapointed,
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by hucarson(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2006
@ Grizzly,
They gast to expect so much from these lads.
The English fans believe this is the best team the country has been able to assemble since the world cup in 1966.
England has the best set of defenders in the world cup and if the midfield can gel and link the play then England has a chance if their path to the Final can evade Brazil and Argentina.

England can also win if they can get the wonder-kid up and running asap.
Only Rooney can do it for England.
No Rooney-No England.
Its as simple as that.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Grizzly(m): 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2006
Yeah right huc,
do ya think Rooney will play today, and do u also think there will be better results if he does? cool
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by nicetohave(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2006
Rooney will be playing and i don't think that Sven himself wants to stay on after the world cup, and i doubt if he will want to do a "wishy-washy" job for England because of that.

T n T vs England? well honestly T n T will lose this match. I don't particularly see anything wrong if a team hinges on a player, not that they wont play or win without him but with him their game rises exponentially, check out Ronaldinho and Barcelona in the champions cup.

Anyway I think if anybody will go home in that group it might very well be T n T and sweden.

I'm signing off with a last minute goal from Ecuador against Costa Rica to make it 3-0 and they make it to the top of group A ahead of host Germany.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by hucarson(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2006
@ Grizzly,
The English fans will be absolutely gutted if Rooney does not play.
I saw some video clips of 'em die-hard fans in Germany singing all thru the night around England's team hotel.
They were screamin ROONEY ROONEY ROONEY.
Rooney's appearance will def'ly spur other players to their best cos Wayne has suddenly found himself to be England's inspiration.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by mukina2: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2006
tnt lost lipsrsealed gerrard scored just like he did during the finals sad ha hislop
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by GUNNER(f): 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2006
@mukina, u said Gerrard scored liked he did during the finals

Bitte,do tell me what "finals" grin
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by nicetohave(m): 9:13pm On Jun 15, 2006
The FA cup final. Gerard beat Hislop twice in the Liverpool West Ham final and did it again in Germany. How that guy must loathe Gerard cool
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by GUNNER(f): 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2006
Oh, i didnt realise Mukina was talking about that game embarassed

Thanks smiley
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Akolawole(m): 10:01pm On Jun 15, 2006
nicetohave:

The FA cup final. Gerard beat Hislop twice in the Liverpool West Ham final and did it again in Germany. How that guy must loathe Gerard cool

Ironically, Steven Gerrahd isrubbish in the two matches but steal the show with his trademark shot.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by IAH(f): 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2006
I think the hype about Rooney is too much. angry The fans were even singing Rooney in the stadium when they were about to bring him in. Chei! the boy's head would be really swelling o.

Crouch did not dance his dance today. cheesy
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by GUNNER(f): 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2006
Guess Crouch was just relieved to have scored wink

that he forgot all about "Robotics" grin
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by nicetohave(m): 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2006
IAH:

I think the hype about Rooney is too much. angry The fans were even singing Rooney in the stadium when they were about to bring him in. Chei! the boy's head would be really swelling o.

if our pikin good make we talk am, if i was in that stadium today i will chant his name too. He is just getting back into match condition and even though no spectacular show from him but a couple of deft touches from him showed he is a kid to watch out for, if England continue to progress in the competition.

I suggest Sven start him against Sweden and they'll be thanking their stars they scored that 89th minute goal against paraguay.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Akolawole(m): 12:33am On Jun 16, 2006
@Nice2Have

How is the feeling of the Trinidadians after the match?
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2006
England, finally in the last 16. I sigh! I believe it’s a team to watch.
Thanks to Rooney and Lennon for their inspiration
Roooooooooooooney! What a good lad? I ever wish he was a gunner.
The two moments of real quality in the second half came after Becks superbly crossed that one ball to Crouch who was all along wasteful in goal

Kudos! Lennon-you and Rooney are hot spices.
I have known England is not the same without the two men.
It was do or die for TNT and they were tossed to where they belong with their mediocre soccer. Am happy men! Where the most was learned goalkeeper Hislop?
Gerrard! That was a terrific goal men.
Whoever was blissfully wishing England to tumble in first round are put to shame.
I anticipate watching a balanced game next time.
Best of luck England as you take over Germany or Sweden I’ll support you till you meet Brazil to give you a proper walloping

Grizzly and others you ve been proved wrong. Ke!
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Priscila(f): 10:19am On Jun 16, 2006
Paraguay vs. Sweden.
Sweden win just proved wrong those who yell with their noses that South Americans are better in soccer that Europeans.
Go Ljungberg and Larsson go! Plus I brahimovich. Your Swedish media soiled your names which I think has had a positive effect on the team. You disagree to agree.
It was unfair to draw with those debutants TNT cosWinning is not everything but the only thing.
Ljungberg that’s why you are an asset to our team Arsenal. That goal has seen you to the last 16. No nonsense principalities.
Paraguay! Hope they had their bags ready for exit
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by nicetohave(m): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2006
Akolawole:

@Nice2Have

How is the feeling of the Trinidadians after the match?

The feeling here after the match? well the same pipe dream Nigerians have after a loss like this and an imminent elimination:

That England pip Sweden and that Trinidad will beat Paraguay by 2-0, so much for a team that has played virtually 11 men in defence cool
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by under18(f): 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2006
yes. Trinidad are also packing
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by bolaoni(m): 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2006
nicetohave:

The feeling here after the match? well the same pipe dream Nigerians have after a loss like this and an imminent elimination:

That England pip Sweden and that Trinidad will beat Paraguay by 2-0, so much for a team that has played virtually 11 men in defence cool

Well said N2H. Wonder what tactics Benhakker thought those guys while watching the match yesterday.
Re: World Cup Group B Unpredictable by Akolawole(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2006
@Nice2Have & BolaOni

T&T didnt play badly sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Beats Cape Verde 5 - 0 In WAFCON Qualifier / Ese Brume Wins Gold In Women's Long Jump At The African Athletics Championships. / AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.