Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help (22640 Views)

Corpers' Protest At Government House In Bayelsa Over Non Payment Of Allowance / Bayelsa Youth Corpers Protesting Over Their Pending Allowance Payment (Photos) / Cultists Machete Female NYSC Member In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by edirector(m): 7:35am On Oct 02, 2013
emmysenior: [b] Are we Nigerians coward?
Or are we shy..?
Or we care somehow?
But we don't wanna try,
We have adjusted ourselves,
So well in this corrupted place,
Has it become our tradition ?
Or we lack the guts to face…
We say corruption chokes,
Then why we Nigerians breathe it ?,
We say corruption kills,
Then why we breed it ?,
The corruption helps,
To set the culprits free,
It blinds the law,
& still we shamely see,
It widens the gap,
Of poor and rich,
Then we continue the same,
Without any hitch… ?
Somehow I feel…
Our coward mind has,
Hurled down his brain,
Come what may,
Even let our money drain…
Has this become, Our way of life ?
To adjust with whatever it is…
And move on, Without a break to re-think, Re-
construct, and reform our Corrugated minds…
Is it that no business runs without it ?,
Or is it that we don't wanna put an end to it..?
Are we not prepared for it.. ?
Or we really don't care ?
Many questions in these little brain, And almost
all unanswered……
But at least we can support those,
Who have at least tried to stand for it,
Some great ones like... Like... Like... I can only imagine.

Sometimes, I ask, are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall?

Dear God! Pls let our beginning step right in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not financially capable to help you miss! But from a distance... I care. sad
[/b]
delpee: This is disgraceful. Neither Bayelsa govt nor NYSC has been able to do anything!
May God heal her thoroughly.

Account No please , so some of us can chip in our widows mite. Tiny drops of water make the ocean. The phone idea is not the best.
How about NL charity team?
emmysenior: [b] Are we Nigerians coward?
Or are we shy..?
Or we care somehow?
But we don't wanna try,
We have adjusted ourselves,
So well in this corrupted place,
Has it become our tradition ?
Or we lack the guts to face…
We say corruption chokes,
Then why we Nigerians breathe it ?,
We say corruption kills,
Then why we breed it ?,
The corruption helps,
To set the culprits free,
It blinds the law,
& still we shamely see,
It widens the gap,
Of poor and rich,
Then we continue the same,
Without any hitch… ?
Somehow I feel…
Our coward mind has,
Hurled down his brain,
Come what may,
Even let our money drain…
Has this become, Our way of life ?
To adjust with whatever it is…
And move on, Without a break to re-think, Re-
construct, and reform our Corrugated minds…
Is it that no business runs without it ?,
Or is it that we don't wanna put an end to it..?
Are we not prepared for it.. ?
Or we really don't care ?
Many questions in these little brain, And almost
all unanswered……
But at least we can support those,
Who have at least tried to stand for it,
Some great ones like... Like... Like... I can only imagine.

Sometimes, I ask, are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall?

Dear God! Pls let our beginning step right in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not financially capable to help you miss! But from a distance... I care. sad
[/b]
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Swaggot00(m): 8:32am On Oct 02, 2013
Kokofi: brb... Make i go gather momentum!
you are a fool !! angry
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by esbjaygmailco(m): 8:43am On Oct 02, 2013
emma_best2000: So sad ,
so u mean u wanna write so sad and u quote the whole write up
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nursy(f): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2013
We were expecting the first lady of bayelsa state yesterday in the hospital and she(Folakemi) was given stern warning not to say anything if asked questions. The memory of that incidence is still fresh. God come to her aid!
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by babybuzx(f): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2013
God knws she deserves a proper treatment but since she lacks d funds I pray almighty Allah relieves her of the pains and grant her and her family financial uplitfment. Amen
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Okijajuju1(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2013
Wow!!

Such a pretty girl.. Is she single?
Is she on whatsapp
Is she ready to mingle?

@ Post;

So how do we help? What's the prognosis on her case? What does she need, where can she get it, how much does it cost and how soon does she need it.

Give us indepth detail of her situation and all and bring the evidence here on Nairaland..

We at Nairaland can begin her campaign. We will send several messages to News outlets like Channels TV and Co and shed more light on her case. Seun will pin her case on the Frontpage and we can bombard every blog and internet outfit with her matter including GEJs Facebook page..

Get us hard evidence.. The type that will excite the likes of Channels TV and let's take it from there. If possible, do a Youtube Video showing her injuries and status. Interview the girl and her parents and put it online.. The rest will sort itself out. In Nigeria of Today, publicity is what gets the Governments attention.

if you want solutions, then you have got to be aggressive.. Use the media.. Radio, tv and the internet.

1 Like

Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 02, 2013
When I saw this post last nite I said to myself that some is trying to scam sympathetic Nigerians cos I was on around when she was taken to the immigration office for her passport. I didn't comment yesterday until this morning to enable verify this story. Shock to my bones when I got to the hospital this morning to learn that the girl is still there.The wife of the gov. was supposed to visit her in the hospital yesterday been Independence day but she did not show up.I can't believe this.My findings this morning has made me lost my patriotic zeal.To your tents o Israel or is it o Nigerians When I saw this post last nite I said to myself that some is trying to scam sympathetic Nigerians cos I was on around when she was taken to the immigration office for her passport. I didn't comment yesterday until this morning to enable verify this story. Shock to my bones when I got to the hospital this morning to learn that the girl is still there.The wife of the gov. was supposed to visit her in the hospital yesterday been Independence day but she did not show up.I can't believe this.My findings this morning has made me lost my patriotic zeal.To your tents o Israel or is it o Nigerians
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Okijajuju1(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2013
delastbishop: When I saw this post last nite I said to myself that some is trying to scam sympathetic Nigerians cos I was on around when she was taken to the immigration office for her passport. I didn't comment yesterday until this morning to enable verify this story. Shock to my bones when I got to the hospital this morning to learn that the girl is still there.The wife of the gov. was supposed to visit her in the hospital yesterday been Independence day but she did not show up.I can't believe this.My findings this morning has made me lost my patriotic zeal.To your tents o Israel or is it o Nigerians

So you mean that the Story is Genuine?!!

Oya o!! Time to Alert CHANNELS TV...
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:55am On Oct 02, 2013
But why would and why should Vanguard Newspaper (not any dirty ragbag newspaper o), lie about something so important and sensitive and this How the matter come enter their paper like that?
At Topic: I think we should all try to donate or something. Is there any way this can be organized at short notice please?
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2013
vivacious vivi: But why would and why should Vanguard Newspaper (not any dirty ragbag newspaper o), lie about something so important and sensitive and this How the matter come enter their paper like that?
At Topic: I think we should all try to donate or something. Is there any way this can be organized at short notice please?

I am all for making Donations..

However, we prolly cant match the needed money on our own. (Atleast not with the way we respond to donations here)..

What we can do is give her story publicity.. If Pictures, Videos and interviews with her can be obtained and these Materials put on the Web and sent to good Television Studios like Channels TV, her matter would be solved in under 2 weeks..
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by gdino2008: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Let some one that has been with her come down 2 love Fm Abuja. There is a program called "brekete family talk show" that fight for injustice in Nigeria. I beleive if they put it on air, big organization and relevant authority may help.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
Am back from d SSG's office where I hoped to get an official govt statement but to my chagrin I saw pix of the affected corp member displayed like some war trophies with the caption 'progress report of attacked corp member'.All I saw were pix of d lady still at NDUTH n faces of government official who are waiting to profit from this unfortunate situation. Am watching keenly.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by lateefDayo: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
so is it a crime to serve someone father's land again. This is so terrible
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by o42austino(m): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
MojiDelano: It is with great pain in my heart that I write this post.
Yesterday, I got a very sad email from friends of Folakemi Akinbode(pictured above), the corper nurse whose head was almost chopped off by cultists in Yenogua Bayelsa as she served her father land through youth service. By sheer providence she escaped death, but not unscarred. The cultists who aimed for her neck almost chopped off her arm.
Read comprehensive reports about the incident HERE and HERE.
When the news broke and went viral, An Italian firm that remains unknown promised to step in and take up the matter. Government was also quick to step in(or so we thought) as it was announced on various mediums that she will be flown abroad where the arm will be properly treated, and hopefully salvaged.Considering that the incident happened as she served her country, it was an a very welcome development when government and and the Italian Firm promised to foot her medical bill.

But lo and behold! I got the email below from her friends saying that NOTHING has been done by government or any Italian firm till date. In fact, Folakemi's health continues to deteriorate as she groans in growing, excruciating pain daily. As this rate, the probability that her arm will be saved lies solely in God's hands. However, it is her life that should be feared for now, not even just arm.

At the moment, Her friends and hospital sources at Niger Delta teaching hospital where she is presently on admission say that she has been moved from intensive care to the GENERAL WARD. She no longer receives adequate treatment the arm deserves.

See the unedited email I got from her friends below:
[/sup]

From all indication, we can no longer rely on a lying Government to save Folakemi's life.
This is why I call on all well meaning, kind hearted Nigerians, to come to Folakemi's aid. Folakemi could be our friend, sister or neighbor. This could happen to anyone.
Daily, many Nigerian youths risk their lives(as most have no choice) despite the chaotic security state of the nation, through the National youth service, and many have lost their lives in the process. Sadly most times as in this case, the government turns a blind eye.
I implore you ll to please come to Folakemi's aid once again. Please publicize her story so that Government,people in high places as well as private individuals who can help may rise to the occasion as soon as possible.

TIME IS OF ESSENCE, PLEASE!

To help please call these numbers:

[sup]08038357412

Thank you!!!

The photos below were taken on Sunday 29th of September 2013:
http://mojidelano..com/2013/09/a-cry-for-help-please-lets-save-nurse.html
oh God pls help her we don tire for this violence against corp members

Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by faithobodogulo(f): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
God will make away 4 u an sooner than we can imagine. We d̶̲̥̅̊ǿή use our eyes see d government we get na. Even NYSC no fit help abi? It is well.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by delpee(f): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Has the governor of her state of origin been contacted? Obviously, Bayelsa and NYSC have no plans for her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Serve In Abuja With The Likelihood Of Being Retained? / 10 Reasons Why Nysc Should Be Voluntary / 3 Corps Members In Taraba to repeat Service Year For Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.