Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo (6075 Views)

Allahu Written On A Rock In Osogbo (pics) / Need Direction To Venue Of NASFAT Sundays Asalatu Programs In Osogbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by asamuel: 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2008
i beggi!
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by tearface(f): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2008
Are you   truly a christians?'Cos you sound really ridiculous!Why spell Allah with a, when both musllims and christians worship the same God, the Supreme?
I attended a christian school and thus have alot of non-muslim friends.The only  difference I can see between you is that while your "christianity"('cos I dont really believe you are) allows you to insult other religions and even have the guts of saying Allah has a mother, theirs(which I believe in more), teaches them to respect other religions and they know that the Ssupreme being has neither a mother, nor a father.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by asamuel: 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2008
are you talking to yourself? or who are you fighting? No Jihad here! grin
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by tearface(f): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2008
Not fighting.Just asking a sincere question.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by asamuel: 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2008
keep asking grin May you get a sincere answer cheesy
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Mustay(m): 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2008
I've been searching for this report on the net and on our newspapers but am yet to see it!

I don't like hearing from one source 'cos the way a reporter will report for his company will surely be different from the practices of others!
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by littleb(m): 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2008
There is another report on The Nation newspaper as "Crisis in Osun over seizure of masquerader’s mask 27/6/2008 ".
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Mustay(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2008
little please provide the link
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by littleb(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2008
Mustay,

The link has been updated. It's no longer available.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Mustay(m): 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2008
AH AH!

tHAT'S ODD shocked shocked

NATION NEWSPAPER sad
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by asamuel: 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2008
why are we closing it? It's worth discussing. The Jihad against masquerades in Ibadan is worth examining.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by olabowale(m): 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel: You tend to speak as the Oloolu supporters will speak. In the decades passed, the muslim cleric/daa'i known as Ajagbe mo keferi, unmasked the Oloolu masquerade of Ibadan. The lukewarm muslims in Ibadan, the natives I mean cried out against it. They forgot that they were Muslims. And Islam is always more than native heritage. They forgot that they will not be buried and judged as Ibadan people, but as muslims.

Shame on them, then. But this was over 30 years ago. I hope they have asked for forgiveness from their Lord God Allah the Almighty. I hope that the Ibadan people have become better muslims ad not the wishy washy brand of Islam that we see majority practice in Nigeria.

I am from Ijebu Ode and my mother is from Owo. I would if given the opportunity destroy the Agemo evilness that the Ijebu Ode call cultural identity. (Davidylan, you heard me!). Agemo can do nothing, so does any masquerade, anywhere.
Afterall, Jesus your lord and savior said by himself he can't do anything. He has to get power to do from my Lord God who is also his Lord God.

Come to think of it, Jesus and I depend on the same Lord God!
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by asamuel: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2008
You are beating about the bush, my friend. We are talking about Islam being a viiolent religion. What benefit will unmasquerading and attacking other religions bring to islam? My Bible says it's not by power or might. And this is the secret that islam is yet to come to terms with. I abandoned the religion when I saw that all it does is antagonize other religions without the power to set free from sin.

I am happy that you mentioned my Lord Jesus Christ. You need him as your Lord too so that he will give you peace and you will learn to live in peace with others, whatever religion. Taking laws into your hands to attack others' beliefs is a sign of immaturity.

YOU ALL NEED CHRIST!!!
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by sherrylo: 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
Davidylan whats your problem with Islam? look, Islam as a religion to the people who understands it promotes peace and harmony.You guys look at the wrong sides of peoples behavior and attach it to ThIer religion,dont we see impatient people among the Christians? or have heard that someone insults Islam and the person was killed by the Yoruba people?
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by olabowale(m): 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel: Tell this to George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumfield, et including the wishy washy bad toothed British Tony Blair. In the past 10 years Many muslims have died through the instructions of these people than anyone else or group of persons.

The rival in this case may be the Jewish state on their effort to eliminate the Palestinians. What tribe are you man, in Nigeria? If you are Yoruba, I will send your favorite persons above against them. Then we will see how you like it. (Of course I am a Yoruba man and I wouldn't do it. I am just trying to bring you to your senses).

Since you are not suffering, you will never know the plight of those who suffer, in the hands of their oppressors. yet oppression is worse than killing. Go figure, man.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by sherrylo: 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
Asamuel you left Islam either because you were looking for miracle or just following the crowd.Which one?
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by babs787(m): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2008
Asamuel you left Islam either because you were looking for miracle or just following the crowd.Which one?

Maybe he left  for christianity because of the vision and makosa, yahozee etc in the church. From his posts, it shows that he was never a practising muslim, just one sister here said he was a muslim but prefer dancing round. Maybe he he couldnt pray and decided to turn to clapping and singing that happens to be very easy. Just give your life to Jesus and enjoy yourself.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 02, 2008
sherry lo:

Davidylan whats your problem with Islam? look, Islam as a religion to the people who understands it promotes peace and harmony.[/b]You guys look at the wrong sides of peoples behavior and attach it to ThIer religion,[b]don't we see impatient people among the Christians? or have heard that someone insults Islam and the person was killed by the Yoruba people?

show me the "peace and harmony".
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by littleb(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2008
@asamuel
Now see, your story is confirming what people are saying about you. I am coming back with full response, just a bit busy.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by olabowale(m): 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2008
@Davidylan:

show me the "peace and harmony".

First, show me the "peace and harmony," of christianity, before you have the audacity to ask any (any as in all its forms) question. I will ask you to look into the atrocities of Christianity, as a doctrine and then see the behaviours of christians in all the corners of the earth of the Merciful. When you are through, then i will show you the "peace and harmony, " of islam in all the examples you may care to know, if you ask. Duuuuuuuuuuuuh!
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 03, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan:
First, show me the "peace and harmony," of christianity, before you have the audacity to ask any (any as in all its forms) question. I will ask you to look into the atrocities of Christianity, as a doctrine and then see the behaviours of christians in all the corners of the earth of the Merciful. When you are through, then i will show you the "peace and harmony, " of islam in all the examples you may care to know, if you ask. Duuuuuuuuuuuuh!

Have you hypocrite ever wondered why you live in the USA and not Saudi Arabia?
Have you wondered why 73% of Isreali Arabs would rather live in Israel than move to join a possible Palestinian state?
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by olabowale(m): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2008
@Davidylan:

Have you hypocrite ever wondered why you live in the USA and not Saudi Arabia?
Have you wondered why 73% of Isreali Arabs would rather live in Israel than move to join a possible Palestinian state?

Even though you failed to provide "Peace and harmony," of Christianity, considering the overwhelming evidence, eg. the video clips of the Christian missionary atrocities on google. But I will tell you why I am here now, instead of Saudi Arabia. The USA was my choice for education when I was not accepted into University of Ibadan, etc. I did not apply to Saudi Arabia because I would have to learn Arabia, a language am now eager to learn and hopefully master before I die.

But I also did not apply to Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Turkey, Yugoslavia, etc for the same reason I did not apply to Saudi Arabia. But I even ignored England for the fact that they are repressively arcace in their thinking. They were also usually the lapping dog of America. Why leave the best and go to an obvious lower product. This is the same reason am a Muslim. I prefer the best. But wait, America is not considered by its constitution a Christian country. Vatican city is a Christian country.

And David, don't worry. My days are numbered on this shores. 9ja is calling me to participate in nation building. You should consider it when you have enough of this.

And about the palestinians preferring Israel to future Palestinian state, is just a snap of the moment in time. Let the Palestinian have their state, first. Then, InshaAllah, we will revisit this same question when the state is merely 30 years old. If the israelis have not began to undermine them. Hopefully the palestinian state will extend from west bank to gaza and not gaza as a small land with a vastness of israeli land between it and west bank. Have you ever seen any group of people so displaced like the palestinians have been displaced by the bloodline people of your lord, the children of israel? South Africa blacks where not even divided from among themselves as if to wall them from relating with each other.

I know enough about the hardwork ethics of the palestinians that I can see them becoming a successful nation that even Israel will envy. Am sure you must encountered some in your academics. Afterall, they are the economic machines of many arab countries they have settled in.

Finally, I think you need to find Moroccans around in Rochester. You need to know that the Children of Israel who were born there, most of them have returned after a stint in Israel, their so called possession. They Moroccan Jews could not stand Israel. Just like the American Jews had refused to leave enmasse to Israel. But heck, Nigeria used to be the place in West Africa. Now the Nigerians are living in Ghana, anew and South Africa, etc, because of economic reasons. You have no possible argument, David.

Now that I have told you about my reason of being here and my future in 9ja, tell me about the peace and harmony of Christianity. I already know that America is your paradise, so you do not have to explain it to me. Anyway rapture is completely impossible. It will only a dream for all who think that they will not die. Its like a tantalizing mirage in the desert. Fahwel hoped and it just did not happen. So will Graham waited and would not see it. Don't waste your hope on something that is already dashed. It aint gonna happen!

Wa bami kirun, aburo. Wa ni iyawo merin, to ba ni ife obinrin. To ba lagbara e ni o. Ko nshe ni dondon o. Orishi rishi isu lo wa lati je.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by olabowale(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Davidylan: This is from Yahoo news, this morning. Enjoy it. Maybe you will learn that Islam is more than the arabs. And when you Kufar talks about Islamic world, you are just talking about the culture of the people who are from these places and not the culture of the Islamic religion culture itself. So you will see that it is all mislabelling.

Exhibit aims to shatter US stereotypes of Islam By ANDREW DeMILLO, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 47 minutes ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - In the months following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, Princess Wijdan Al Hashemi and her friend Aliki Moschis-Gauguet noticed that the only depictions they saw of Muslim women showed figures behind veils, oppressed by their cultures.

Moschis-Gauget said, "'Do you see what's going on the media?, Muslim women are being portrayed as women living behind long veils,'" said Al Hashemi, founder and director of the Royal Society of Fine Arts of Jordan. "She couldn't stand the way Muslim and Arab women were being portrayed."
Al Hashemi and Moschis-Gauguet, president of the Pan-Mediterranean Women Artists Network, turned to the world they knew best to find an answer: the world of art.

To combat what they saw as misperceptions about the Muslim world and Arab nations, the two women teamed up to create a traveling exhibit featuring female artists from Islamic countries. The show "Breaking the Veils: Women Artists From the Islamic World" began its three-year United States tour at the Clinton Presidential Library, where it will be on view through Sept. 14.

The exhibit features works by 52 women from 21 Islamic countries, from Algeria to Yemen. It previously toured 15 European cities and Australia.

Despite the show's title, not all the artists are Muslim. Al Hashemi said some works are by Buddhists, Christians and Hindus from the Arab world.

"When we say the Islamic world, we mean the cultural world , not the religious world,
" Al Hashemi said.

She said she is hopeful the works will eliminate stereotypes and misconceptions many have about Islam and Arab countries. For example, she said, many visitors have been surprised by the works of art that depict humans or animals. Although some Muslims oppose any art that depicts humans, Al Hashemi said such works are common throughout Islamic countries.

"The presentation of human images in Islam is only prohibited in mosques and places of worship to keep the Muslims from going back to worshipping idols," she said. Al Hashemi calls the opposition to depictions of human figures an "extreme interpretation" to the Quran's strict opposition to idolatry.
Some of the pieces touch on the political issues facing Islamic countries. A series of paintings by Laila Shawa, a Palestinian artist living in London, touch on the conflict between Israel and Palestinians.

Shawa's silkscreen on paper work, "Amended Resolutions 1," superimposes a United Nations resolution that established a special committee to investigate Israeli practices in occupied territories with the image of rubble, possibly a destroyed home.

A piece by Fahda Bint Saud of Saudi Arabia depicts three women whose faces and entire bodies are concealed by a veil — one covering her eyes, another her ears and the third her mouth.
The exhibit also includes a work by Al Hashemi, who wrote Arabic calligraphy in several colors on layers of handmade paper.

"It says, `He is Love,'" she said as she toured the exhibit before its opening at the Clinton library.

Most of the artists featured won't be on hand for its U.S. tour. After Little Rock, the art will be displayed at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg beginning in October, said Susan Anderson, executive director of the ArtReach Foundation, which is presenting the paintings during its U.S. tour.

Nawal Abdullah, a painter living in Amman, Jordan, said in a telephone interview that she hoped the exhibition would bridge a gap between the cultures. By showing the art of the Islamic world, she said, the exhibit shows that there are more similarities than differences between the United States and Islamic countries.

"Art for me is my language," said Nawal Abdullah. "It's a means for a need to communicate the true feelings. I hope that people will understand me and they will all feel the same language."

This will go against your claim that the Arab women or the muslim women are kept silent. Maybe by the culture of the people who claimed to be from Muslim regions, but definitely not by the unique and specific Culture of Islamic religion.

___
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by bawomolo(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2008
In the violence that broke out, Gangaro, was unmasked and was thoroughly beaten along with his followers by the Muslims worshippers.

Gangaro dialed 1-800-ASS WHOOPING . funny country i tell you.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by RedHotChic(f): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2008
Gangaro dialed 1-800-ASS WHOOPING . funny country i tell you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by alimat2(f): 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
What is news/new if Muslims unmask whatever?

When will u people come to ur senses?

Have u forgotten that Abraham did more than this to the idols his father worships?

Can anybody tell me what happened to Abraham in the long run?
Or will u say Abraham is fighting for JIHAD Here?

Abi father abraham no dey for bible?
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2009
thank GOD is not the HAUSA'S that brought ISLAM to YORUBA land,if not they would have said we YORUBAS borrowed religion of ISLAM from HAUSA'S
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by AloyEmeka6: 1:30am On Oct 15, 2009
uplawal:

thank GOD is not the HAUSA'S that brought ISLAM to YORUBA land,if not they would have said we YORUBAS borrowed religion of ISLAM from HAUSA'S

See how mumulicious you are. Wouldn't it have been better if Islam was borrowed from your Hausa brothers?. You rather prefer to borrow it from Arabians instead of your fellow Africans. In other words, Hausas are not cute enough to lend you anything. This is the lamest thing I've heard on this board. Tribalism can make people talk shyt sometimes.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 15, 2009
uplawal:

abuzola you no go come educate your lover here?
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 15, 2009
@ topic

no big deal.
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by focused123(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2009
See the way this man ridiculously contradicted himself in two sentences.

First he pretends to advocate freedom of expression and then ties himself by revealing his true nature . . . freedom of expression ends where muslims appear.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 23, 2009
no destination but HELLFIRE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Call Sheik Dahiru Bauchi To Order / Which Hadith Do You Believe Besides The Quran? (45:6) / The Importance And Blessings Of Gratitude In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.