Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja (11749 Views)

Sharepoint Study Group Anyone? / Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts / Looking For Repair And Maintenance Person For Photocopier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 11:02am On Jun 08, 2015
Mellorix:

Oh that's nice - I like getting my hands dirty with technology of that sort. ( you are really advancing in your career i guess) . I am in Nigeria at the moment though and the technology area here is amazing - not like what u used to know years back. For example - I implemented Office 365 for a new company -( they had about 60 Staff) I didn't want to include a customized Login screen - so i didn't use Azure. ( The subscription was just "Business essential" which is about $5 per user.) - Did the deployment in a day ( I was happy and the client was happy lol ).

The thing is - if you are not in the Nigerian space - you really wont know what is obtainable . (Thats just my observation - and assumption is not good at all).

Really? Office365? Wow, that's cool. I'm glad there are companies valuing IT in Nigeria. I am just paranoid about IT in Nigeria. companies still using paper and biro to document is just scary.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by donami(m): 9:30am On Jun 13, 2015
I have a passion for networks, currently studying towards my ccie lab BT once a while I mix my VMware stuff on my study schedule, I have tons of VMware materials waiting to be consumed, I wanna go the DVC track and the NV track. in 2 months time I will setup my home lab with a couple of dell rack servers maybe an R410 from eBay. I have all the materials needed to study bout 30gig. does anyone have a home lab or do you guys use the VMware HOL
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 9:59am On Jun 13, 2015
donami:
I have a passion for networks, currently studying towards my ccie lab BT once a while I mix my VMware stuff on my study schedule, I have tons of VMware materials waiting to be consumed, I wanna go the DVC track and the NV track. in 2 months time I will setup my home lab with a couple of dell rack servers maybe an R410 from eBay. I have all the materials needed to study bout 30gig. does anyone have a home lab or do you guys use the VMware HOL

Most IT guys have their own lab. I have a lab at home also.It makes like easy when you can setup delete,break,fix and reconfigure a lab environment so you not worried about doing in in a live environment.It's easy to create Virtual machines fast and configure it to your taste. VMware HOL and Microsoft Virtual lab are okay if you don't have a lab but its since you did not configure them,its hard to understand how its all be setup.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by amarawa: 9:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
Can any good Samaritan here teach us how to setup sphere and vmware esxi step by step? If not can u send us a good book?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 10:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
amarawa:
Can any good Samaritan here teach us how to setup sphere and vmware esxi step by step? If not can u send us a good book?

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8G1hA7DE8

1 Like

Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by ptoall1000: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
Thank you. More is appreciated.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by oramaster: 9:23am On Aug 03, 2015
ICT (Systems/Support Engineer)
Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)

Company: Response Resource
Email: hire4ict@gmail.com
Specialization: Systems/Support Engineer
Industry: Oil & Gas
Deadline: End of work on Monday 3rd August, 2015

Job Position:
• Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator
Experience: 7 Years

• Systems Engineer/Administrator
Experience: 5 Years

• Systems Technician / Junior Administrator
Experience: 3 Years

Job Details:
o Manage and maintain the Microsoft SCCM integrated console, and similar services on the SCCM infrastructure.

o Manage the preparations, creation of collections, and the accompanying task sequences to ensure effective and efficient patches and applications deployment on the SCCM console, or any similar infrastructure for patch and application deployment.

o Ensure the successful deployment of Microsoft-based O.S. related scripts, updates, applications, patches, change releases to workstations and servers.

o Ensure the successful deployment of business applications and related scripts, upgrades, patches, change releases to workstations and servers.

o Monitor progress and compliance rate of any deployment, ensuring that applications are successfully deployed to targeted servers and workstation.

o Resolve any incidents and (or) problems arising from application management and deployment either directly and (or) in conjunction with other relevant IT teams.

o Maintain an updated local patch / application repository with corresponding updated inventory.

o Carry out other application management, deployment and support functions as may be required
Applicants should be knowledgeable in Windows-Based Operating System and related Services:

Job Requirement

Candidate specification:
Knowledge, essential competencies, skills and qualifications
• Mandatorily be certified on Microsoft SCCM 2007 or 2012
• Windows 2012/2008/2003 server support and administration
• Windows Scripting and other scripting automation skills will be an added advantage
• Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator:
B.Sc or B.Eng with minimum of 7 years requisite experience in Windows Systems.
• Systems Engineer/Administrator
B.Sc or B.Eng with minimum of 5 years requisite experience in Windows Systems.

• Systems Technician / Junior Administrator
B.Sc or B.Eng or HND with minimum of 3 years requisite experience in Windows Systems.

All qualified candidates should send updated Cv’s, Cover letter with all relevant credentials to hire4ict@gmail.com
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by amarawa: 3:53am On Aug 25, 2015
Skywalker and Mellorix how work? What is new?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
amarawa:
Skywalker and Mellorix how work? What is new?

Work is fine. Hmmmm nothing new at the moment - Just chasing everyday life. Anything new at your endz?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by donami(m): 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
any one working with NSX?? lets talk tech in this forum
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by ptoall1000: 8:40am On Sep 17, 2015
What is NSX?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by donami(m): 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
VMware NSX is a virtual networking and security software product family created from VMware's vCloud Networking and Security (vCNS) and Nicira Network Virtualization Platform (NVP) intellectual property.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by muamar(m): 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
muamarmoses@gmail.com
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by amarawa: 4:39am On Sep 22, 2015
What is the the email for?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by amarawa: 4:42am On Sep 22, 2015
donami:
any one working with NSX?? lets talk tech in this forum
I m just setting up my enterprise level VM lab. Will soon reach NSX. Can we form a Skype group or collaborate here.?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by donami(m): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2015
Yes we can, bt this would require other persons showing interest then we work out modalities for the group. Commitment is key
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by ptoall1000: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
donami:
Yes we can, bt this would require other persons showing interest then we work out modalities for the group. Commitment is key
Does it mean we have to wait for others to show interest before setting up the study group on Skype?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by donami(m): 11:29am On Sep 25, 2015
ptoall1000:

Does it mean we have to wait for others to show interest before setting up the study group on Skype?

please start the skype group am fully available and ready to give in my best
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by amarawa: 7:22am On Sep 26, 2015
Ok. Could you send ur Skype ID to ptoall1000@gmail. Com so I can add u.?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Safari29: 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
please help a brother o, all my mentors are so here. am new to the microsoft world certification and am just preparing for msca window server 2012. i dont knwo anything about vmware nor how to set a home lab and the rest. i have downloaded some books to read and am planning to install window server 2012 r2 on my 6GB RAM system before i discovered this thread. please guys help, is VMware and VirtualBox the same, because i thought of installing the window server in my VirtualBox. please i believe u understand me, i just need basic knowledge to keep the ball rolling. thanks very much in anticipation
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by ptoall1000: 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
vmware is a product from EMC, virtualbox is from oracle. virtualbox is totally free. vmware workstation is the equivalent of virtualbox. im not sure if it is totally free but im sure all EMC products come with 60 days trial.

1 Like

Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by ptoall1000: 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
both of them are good for ur purpose.

1 Like

Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Tunee(m): 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Safari29:
please help a brother o, all my mentors are so here. am new to the microsoft world certification and am just preparing for msca window server 2012. i dont knwo anything about vmware nor how to set a home lab and the rest. i have downloaded some books to read and am planning to install window server 2012 r2 on my 6GB RAM system before i discovered this thread. please guys help, is VMware and VirtualBox the same, because i thought of installing the window server in my VirtualBox. please i believe u understand me, i just need basic knowledge to keep the ball rolling. thanks very much in anticipation

To add to what ptoall1000 said, VMware and Virtualbox are not the same. VMware workstation is a hosted hypervisor that runs on client operating systems. Virtual box also runs on client operating systems too and its free.

If you want to setup a home lab for MCSA, i'll advise you use Microsoft's Hyper-V. It comes free with windows 8,8.1 and windows 10. The reason why you should consider this is that part of the exam objectives of MCSA require you to know how to install and configure Hyper-V(google 70-410 exam objectives).So I think it makes sense if you build your lab on Hyper-V though personally, I would go with VMware workstation.

You can turn on Hyper-V under windows features, just ensure that virtualization is enabled on your BIOS.

1 Like

Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
my 2 cents!

Plan to install windows server 10 times. and break it 10 times. Before you get to the 9th installation. You will already because above novice.

I started with Comptia A+ though, gives you all the basis you need before jumping into server configuration. Do you even know enough about desktop configuration and management? hmmmmm
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Safari29: 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
thank you very much for the replies, though i have installed win server 2012 r2 both gui and core on the virtualbox, i enable the Hyper-V in my window 10 and i cant wait to start exploring it. thanks much again for the comment
Tunee:

To add to what ptoall1000 said, VMware and Virtualbox are not the same. VMware workstation is a hosted hypervisor that runs on client operating systems. Virtual box also runs on client operating systems too and its free.

If you want to setup a home lab for MCSA, i'll advise you use Microsoft's Hyper-V. It comes free with windows 8,8.1 and windows 10. The reason why you should consider this is that part of the exam objectives of MCSA require you to know how to install and configure Hyper-V(google 70-410 exam objectives).So I think it makes sense if you build your lab on Hyper-V though personally, I would go with VMware workstation.

You can turn on Hyper-V under windows features, just ensure that virtualization is enabled on your BIOS.

1 Like

Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Safari29: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
can u pls explain better?
Mellorix:
my 2 cents!

Plan to install windows server 10 times. and break it 10 times. Before you get to the 9th installation. You will already because above novice.

I started with Comptia A+ though, gives you all the basis you need before jumping into server configuration. Do you even know enough about desktop configuration and management? hmmmmm
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by forkinsonlolo(m): 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
Mellorix: Tunee ptoall1000 muamar amarawa Skywalker5
Pls am a novice in Microsoft and about to write MCSA in 2 months, already paid. I have a problem in establishing a lab, I Install Winsvr2012r2 using VirtualBox on my win10 i5 6GRAM Laptop but my system begins to slowdown after installing some of the server features/roles and other functions. I saw somewhere one can use VMware from MicrosoftTechnet, a better options for optimising CPU but after goggling it I get no idea on how its installation, is it that i will install Winsrv2012r2 from the scratch or just install the role or part i need on my window 10. PLS HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPP
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 4:29am On Jun 03, 2016
forkinsonlolo:

Mellorix: Tunee ptoall1000 muamar amarawa Skywalker5
Pls am a novice in Microsoft and about to write MCSA in 2 months, already paid. I have a problem in establishing a lab, I Install Winsvr2012r2 using VirtualBox on my win10 i5 6GRAM Laptop but my system begins to slowdown after installing some of the server features/roles and other functions. I saw somewhere one can use VMware from MicrosoftTechnet, a better options for optimising CPU but after goggling it I get no idea on how its installation, is it that i will install Winsrv2012r2 from the scratch or just install the role or part i need on my window 10. PLS HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPP

Try vmware workstation
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by forkinsonlolo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
Skywalker5:

Try vmware workstation

Thank you very much for the reply, I have downloaded and installed free version of Vmwares, itsalmost same as virtualbox though to me. Just a question Bro, my system is window10, and I think it supports Hyper-V, pls can I use that instead of the VMwares?? as it is more closed to host system than vmwares/Virtualbox. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
forkinsonlolo:

Thank you very much for the reply, I have downloaded and installed free version of Vmwares, itsalmost same as virtualbox though to me. Just a question Bro, my system is window10, and I think it supports Hyper-V, pls can I use that instead of the VMwares?? as it is more closed to host system than vmwares/Virtualbox. Thanks in anticipation

You can try it.I have not used it that way before on windows 10 but it should work.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/virtualization/hyperv_on_windows/quick_start/walkthrough_install
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by forkinsonlolo(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2016
Skywalker5:

You can try it.I have not used it that way before on windows 10 but it should work.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/virtualization/hyperv_on_windows/quick_start/walkthrough_install

Thanks much. I cannot use hyper-v because my window10 is Home edition, unless I upgrade to ultimate, professional, education etc ($99). I have to do with VMware for now.

thanks once again for your time and effort

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? / Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. / Zinox Bios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.