Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. (11845 Views)

Come In For Your Free Open Vpn Servers / Anyone With An Idea Of A Good Antivirus Software I Can Download On My System? / How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. by mavenbox: 1:19am On Nov 01, 2009
I was helping a friend set up his cybercafe today, and I had the challenge of suggesting a good cybercafe management software to him, but he wasn't ready to spend more money on billing software. I thought of creating a "captive portal" script for user management in PHP/MySQL but I didnt have the time, so I got online and started reviewing various open-source cybercafe management softwares.

Then I stumbled upon Cybera Internet cafe administration system on sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/cybera/

Its really cool, it has so many features, its lightweight, and is supplied with the source code (VB) so you can customize as you wish. This friend of mine is not too savvy with IT, but he's smart, and he got everything figured in almost no time. That was a feat compared with even so many paid solutions. And NO ANNOYING ads I hate those things.

Thumbs up, Cybera. Keep up the good work. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:07am On Nov 01, 2009
Is this windows based?
Re: Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. by mavenbox: 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2009
sad yes it is windows based cos it was coded in vb6. However u can port it to .NET C or something, i guess, since d source code is open. But u can test it in Linux Wine (i guess u use Ubuntu). Not forgetting that almost all 9ja cafes use windows machines. I think its still worth checking out!
Re: Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. by InesQor(m): 9:18am On Dec 29, 2010
Updated link (takes you straight to the binary installers):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cybera/files/cybera/1.9/

cool

(1) (Reply)

Zinox Bios / What Is The Difference Between An E-mail Address And A Website Address / Download Unlimited Using These Method Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.