Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

White Widow In Nigeria & Ibori Oando Shares Allegations -good Or Bad For Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / White Widow In Nigeria & Ibori Oando Shares Allegations -good Or Bad For Us? (503 Views)

Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria / IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

White Widow In Nigeria & Ibori Oando Shares Allegations -good Or Bad For Us? by EmpNero003(m): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
The recent and undue but persistent allegation or claims from the UK on issues involving Nigeria or Nigerian Citizens even those involved in criminal acts is beginning to seem like an intentional plot to completely ruin the already agreed sore image of the Nigerian state.

First was the "Ibori Oando Shares Claim", I agree Ibori has been proven guilty in many quarters and he is already serving his jail sentence. Any further incrimination or subsequent confiscation of properties of this person should be duly proven and done legally.
Do you know Oando Shares fell immediately after that claim, a claim that was later retracted.... here's an excerpt from the story...

"The judge, Anthony Pitts, trying to save the situation, said: “The prosecution did not suggest that Mr. Ibori owned 30 per cent of Oando.”

Relying on the sudden turn and retraction from the prosecution and confirmed by the judge, Krolic said: “It appears that there are those that are involved with the media that have concluded that Mr. Ibori had 30 per cent of Oando. If, in fact, my learned friend (referring to the crown prosecutor), Sasha Wass, did not say or mean that, the media should be corrected.”

Second was the White widow in Nigeria Claim last week...

Samantha Lewthwaite, the British widow known as “White Widow” accused of masterminding the despicable terrorist attack on Kenyan shopping mall which killed about 60 people was in Nigeria and evaded detection, according to a report in the Daily Mirror, UK-based newspaper.

According to the newspaper, “In Nigeria, where police forces are notoriously corrupt, there were reports that she (Lewthwaite) was almost caught a while ago, but she bribed her way out of trouble.”

the Nigerian Police in this case been further ridiculed. My questions are:

-Where in Nigeria was she sighted?
-When was that?
-What was she here for: Holiday, terror group meetings or who is/are her contact(s)?
-Who were the Police officers that collected the bribe?
-What is the veracity of their claims i.e. who is their source, and what is the authenticity of that source?

I hope they won't later retract their statement after the damage has been done.

The painful aspect is that our leaders are not responding to these atrocious or damaging claims from the UK or the UK press. Somebody needs to be tamed and somebody in our leadership should take up that responsibility - either it is the minister for information or whoever......

These image damage is becoming unwarranted, we know and agree we have our national issues, if they can't assist or pro fer solutions or way out, they should leave us to sort ourselves out. angry

Concerned Nigerian

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Celebrating? / Lagos Plane Crash Update: List Of Passengers & Survivors / If Only Anyim Pius Anyim Will Fix The Broken Clock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.