Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,837 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy (1497 Views)

Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against / What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by plaetton: 5:20am On Oct 01, 2013
It is sadly ironic that on this 53rd anniversery of Nigeria's nationhood, the burning and vexing issue on my mind is the show of national shame celebrated on Nigerian airwaves last Sunday on the supposed exorcisim of demons from Nollywood actor Jim Iyke's weiner and libido.

Apparently, for years, demons had taken residence in Jim Iyke's Weiner, and consequently, put his mojo in polygamous overdrive .
Poor Jim Iyke.
For years, his runaway mojo and swag had rendered him unable to settle down with any one woman.

What a horrible disease. Only mischievious demons could make someone suffer through such horrible experiences.

Thank Jehovah that we have our own national witch doctor to subdue and deliver poor Jim Iyke from the hands of weiner-loving demons.
You know , "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king".

Though I love my country sooo much, in times like this, I am filled with soo much shame that it actually brings tears to my eyes.

Every society has it's wacko and cuckoo birds, and everyone knows who they are where they belong in a civilized society.

Never have I seen anywhere in the world where circus clowns, bogeymen, scoundrels and imbeciles are the celebrated elites.
Never have I seen anywhere in the world where national stup.i.dity and lunacy is tevevised on prime time.

I have watched Jerry Springer show a couple of times, but I knew it was the Jerry Springer show that I was watching.

In Nigeria, T.B Joshua gives us the religious equivalance of the Jerry Springer show filmed in the dark ages, near the era of medieval churchianity.

What is burning so hot in my mind is the fact that this circus clown cum medieval witch doctor is reducing the national IQ by cleverly engaging neurotic and moronic celebrities such as Jim Iyke and others in his marketing and propaganda campaigns to ask the already dumbed down sheeple of Nigeria this questiont :

"Hey you, if a superstar like Jim Iyke can be this moronic , Why can't you?"

Clever marketing indeed, but an insidiously bold and evil manipulation and showcasing of our gross national lunacy.

If a bloke like Jim Iyke had an addiction for women or sex, a shrink or a professional addiction intervention program would have been a lot more beneficial to him than last sunday's live exorcism and show of national shame and embarrassment.

Tomorrow, this bloke will wear Armani clothes, with a Rolex watch and Iphone in both of his hands as he drives around in his German or Japanese made car.
He would look at himself and call himself a modern civilized man, a superstar, a role model and the cream of his society.
Yes indeed.
The proverbial land of the blind, a lunacy bin, a land better suited to the name " Moronica", where con-men and circus clowns like T.B Joshua run amok and are celebrated as national heroes.

Was it not this same clown who , at one time, supposedly watched a European football match with god, and somehow forgot to look at the scoreboard?

LMAO! As I weep for my dear country at 53.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2013
I worry for Nigeria at the level we are at 53.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by Ajibam: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2013
may God save us
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by okeyxyz(m): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2013
SMH @ the OP. OP exhibits the typical symptoms of abject inferiority complex. The OP is so lacking in self esteem, so ashamed of his racial and cultural identity/origins that his is angered that some people(TB Joshua, Jim Iyke, etc) have managed to bring to light the same attributes he has sought so much to hide.

So you've watched the Jerry springer show, seen how unbelievably silly the whole logic and scenario is, how people come on air to trade blows and make a shame of themselves, etc, etc, yet you give it a pass, you let it slide, you forgive them by saying "Oh, it's the jerry springer show..", you did not judge america by the rubbish and shame displayed on the jerry springer show and other silly talk shows and reality tv shows abounding on american airwaves. But now enters the TB Joshua show, you refuse to let it slide, you decide this is an assault on nigeria's image, you weep that your demons has been exposed to the world and you have been made a laughing stock. Bros, why don't you wave it aside with the same levity as you do with the Jerry Springer show?? You cannot because deep down inside, you have very serious low self esteem issues, that is why you are so sensitive to silly matters such as the TB JOshua show which you feel reflects badly on you as a black man and as a nigerian, You believe your oyibo friend will judge you by the embarrassing displays of TB Joshua and our Nigeria celebrities. In short, you have no authentic identity of yourself, you are defined by trends, public opinions, celebrity craze, propaganda, mob frenzy, etc. I remember a particular thread you started many months ago, where you announced (with pride) that the reason you turned to atheism was because it was the trend in europe and america, "GAWD!!!" where is your own self determination?? Everything you do seems to be to identify with the "cool" crowd(ie: europe and america), So you come here crying, spewing your woes and misfortune that TB Joshua has embarrassed you. Bros, You need deliverance.

And before some other mumus come here to accuse me of being a TB Joshua follower, know now that I don't give a rat's a.rse about that man, infact f@ck him, he's a false prophet(though a rich powerful one tongue), but then the world is full of believers of falsehood, so it's only natural that a false prophet emerges to be their king.
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 01, 2013
okeyxyz: SMH @ the OP. OP exhibits the typical symptoms of abject inferiority complex. The OP is so lacking in self esteem, so ashamed of his racial and cultural identity/origins that his is angered that some people(TB Joshua, Jim Iyke, etc) have managed to bring to light the same attributes he has sought so much to hide.

So you've watched the Jerry springer show, seen how unbelievably silly the whole logic and scenario is, how people come on air to trade blows and make a shame of themselves, etc, etc, yet you give it a pass, you let it slide, you forgive them by saying "Oh, it's the jerry springer show..", you did not judge america by the rubbish and shame displayed on the jerry springer show and other silly talk shows and reality tv shows abounding on american airwaves. But now enters the TB Joshua show, you refuse to let it slide, you decide this is an assault on nigeria's image, you weep that your demons has been exposed to the world and you have been made a laughing stock. Bros, why don't you wave it aside with the same levity as you do with the Jerry Springer show?? You cannot because deep down inside, you have very serious low self esteem issues, that is why you are so sensitive to silly matters such as the TB JOshua show which you feel reflects badly on you as a black man and as a nigerian, You believe your oyibo friend will judge you by the embarrassing displays of TB Joshua and our Nigeria celebrities. In short, you have no authentic identity of yourself, you are defined by trends, public opinions, celebrity craze, propaganda, mob frenzy, etc. I remember a particular thread you started many months ago, where you announced (with pride) that the reason you turned to atheism was because it was the trend in europe and america, "GAWD!!!" where is your own self determination?? Everything you do seems to be to identify with the "cool" crowd(ie: europe and america), So you come here crying, spewing your woes and misfortune that TB Joshua has embarrassed you. Bros, You need deliverance.

And before some other mumus come here to accuse me of being a TB Joshua follower, know now that I don't give a rat's a.rse about that man, infact f@ck him, he's a false prophet(though a rich powerful one tongue), but then the world is full of believers of falsehood, so it's only natural that a false prophet emerges to be their king.

Talk about a senseless post.

Even Americans dont like what Jerry Springer represents. Have you seen any respectable American on that show? Oprah? Obama? The show is for trash people who have no future ambition.

Now is that the same like Nigeria where we have celebrities and important people bowing down to these false prophets in monumental s.tupidity.

You sir, are a clown

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Even Americans dont like what Jerry Springer represents. Have you seen any respectable American on that show? Oprah? Obama? The show is for trash people who have no future ambition.

Now is that the same like Nigeria where we have celebrities and important people bowing down to these false prophets in monumental s.tupidity.

You sir, are a clown
Lol. You should have seen that what he did was exposing an illogical post by turning it around. But you are incapable of knowing. tongue
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by plaetton: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You should have seen that what he did was exposing an illogical post by turning it around. But you are incapable of knowing. tongue

Funny.
Everything I post is illogical to you, even though as a Christian, you are not required to be logical.

The very hilarious thing about Okeyxyz's post is that he completely agrees with every thing I wrote but still felt compelled to attack me personally for lamenting the national shame.

But where else could I do that than a public forum such as this?

Surely, that is someone with a big chip on his shoulder. I know where it's coming from because I had been rather harsh to him on our previous encounters.
I guess he doesn't forget easily.

His ramblings did not make any sense whatsoever, except of course, expressing his deep animosity. Now, talk about low self-esteem?. undecided

Infact, if I were any of the things mentioned by Mr Okexyz, I would be born again Christian nut just like him.

Now, what I hate most in my life are lies, especially against me.
I challenge Mr Okexyz to kindly past the thread and post he referred to where I stated that I joined atheism because it was trending in Europe and America.
If not, shame on him for lying just for cheap shots.

Anyways, enough distraction.

Over to you Reyginus,
Kindly critique my post and point out why it is illogical to you.
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by okeyxyz(m): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

You sir, are a clown

You sir, are an olodo!!, Americans don't take Jerry Springer show seriously, yet it's been running for over twenty years now. How do you think any tv show in America is able to maintain such longevity if not that subscription dollars are paying for it? This show is frequently being compared to Opera Winfrey show in terms of influence on american society. Like it or not, this show actually engages a huge number of people, not only in America but globally, just like TB Joshua engages people, Jerry gets interviewed on top news agencies like cnn, bbc, abc, etc. Bros, do some research.
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
plaetton:

Funny.
Everything I post is illogical to you, even though as a Christian, you are not required to be logical.

The very hilarious thing about Okeyxyz's post is that he completely agrees with every thing I wrote but still felt compelled to attack me personally for lamenting the national shame.

Surely, that is someone with a big chip on his shoulder. I know where it's coming from because I had been rather harsh to him on our previous encounters.

His ramblings did not make any sense whatsoever, except of course, expressing his deep animosity. Now, talk about low self-esteem?. undecided

Infact, if I were any of the things mentioned by Mr Okexyz, I would be born again Christian nut just like him.

I challenge Mr Okexyz to kindly past the thread and post he referred to where I stated that I joined atheism because it was trending in Europe and America.

Anyways, enough distraction.

Over to you Reyginus,
Kindly critique my post and point out why it is illogical to you.
I need not do that. Okey has already pointed out where you got it wrong.
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by okeyxyz(m): 7:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
plaetton:

Funny.

grin grin grin Bros, your imaginations must be running out of control. How do I possibly agree with you? You are an atheist which shapes your opinion of TB Joshua. I am a religious guy which also shapes my opinion of TB Joshua. We both dislike him for reasons which are mutually exclusive, how can we possibly agree?

grin grin grin Not only are your imaginations out of control, but they deceive you also. I personally don't recall (perhaps you could remind me) any encounter with you that is worthy of any grudge. I just don't take you serious enough to engage you frequently on nairaland, simples!!. I actually clicked on this thread because it was titled like some intellectual article, perhaps from some smart social observer, in some reputable publication.

Okay, looking back at my post, I made a mistake by saying it was your sole reason for turning to atheism. So I hereby correct myself: You said it was one of your reasons for turning to atheism. Happy?? smiley
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
okeyxyz:

You sir, are an olodo!!, Americans don't take Jerry Springer show seriously, yet it's been running for over twenty years now. How do you think any tv show in America is able to maintain such longevity if not that subscription dollars are paying for it? This show is frequently being compared to Opera Winfrey show in terms of influence on american society. Like it or not, this show actually engages a huge number of people, not only in America but globally, just like TB Joshua engages people, Jerry gets interviewed on top news agencies like cnn, bbc, abc, etc. Bros, do some research.

Jerry Springer influences the American public? Jerry Springer is normally compared to Oprah Winfrey?

Gaddem.....you are a clown.

Jerry Springer is only watched for shock value. It has no deep content. Oprah Winfrey runs a proper talkshow not a family feud smackdown like Jerry Springer show

Jerry Springer is interview for his business acumen not for his show's smackdowns.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Another oppourtunity to mock God. It's a shame though. Not saying I support Mr. Joshua, or Jim Iyke. Just saying if someone uses your name and carries out shady acts, that is not in line with your character, people are not expected to hold on to a singular shady act as an oppourtunity to mock you.
Why do you mock and scoff? How will this deal with nigerias problems.
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by plaetton: 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Chibuebem: Another oppourtunity to mock God. It's a shame though. Not saying I support Mr. Joshua, or Jim Iyke. Just saying if someone uses your name and carries out shady acts, that is not in line with your character, people are not expected to hold on to a singular shady act as an oppourtunity to mock you.
Why do you mock and scoff? How will this deal with nigerias problems.

Our mindsets are basis of all our problems. Our primitive mindsets affect how we view and deal with the challenges of nation building.
Our recourse too primitive superstitions and religions of stone age humans keenly affect our perceptions of reality.

Putting superstitions and primitive acts of exorcism on national Tv helps to lower the national Iq by publicly enthroning the profane, the absurd and the ridiculous.
The damage to our national psyche is immeasurable.
There is an urgent need to encourage common sense and rationality in our nation, and mocking religion would lead to that, then so be it.

This madness has to stop.
Re: Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
plaetton:

Our mindsets are basis of all our problems. Our primitive mindsets affect how we view and deal with the challenges of nation building.
Our recourse too primitive superstitions and religions of stone age humans keenly affect our perceptions of reality.

Putting superstitions and primitive acts of exorcism on national Tv helps to lower the national Iq by publicly enthroning the profane, the absurd and the ridiculous.
The damage to our national psyche is immeasurable.
There is an urgent need to encourage common sense and rationality in our nation, and mocking religion would lead to that, then so be it.

This madness has to stop.
this is a little better sir. But you didn't mock any religion in your post. You mocked God. You gotta be careful. Just saying

-stone age humans? Smh.
-you do not know reality sir.

-primitive mindsets?
I know of 2 mindsets written in the bible:

Romans 8:
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
^the carnal mind; death, sin, enmity with God.

Romans 8:
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
^the mindset of the spirit. Dead to sin. Peace with God.

(1) (Reply)

Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism / Some Of The So-called "Satanic Teachings" Of Carlos Castaneda. / Breaking News: COZA Senior Pastor Steps Aside -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.